What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Slaton (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
I'm wondering how safe it's going to be to start Slaton for the rest of the year, and especially weeks 14-16. Very few touches last week, plus the coach talking about the rookie wall. What I'm really afraid of is that he goes off week 11 and 12, for example, and this excites me enough to start him, and then the coach decides he's worn out and gives him a few touches, and I am eliminated in round one of my FF playoffs. Anyone have thoughts about this?

FWIW, from ESPN:

Slaton "has his legs back" coach Gary Kubiak said, and the running back figures to contribute more against the Colts this week than he did last week against the Ravens, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Spin: Slaton rushed the ball four times and caught two passes out of the backfield in a loss to Baltimore, one week after touching the ball 24 times against Minnesota. Kubiak blamed last week's game on "hitting the rookie wall."

Looks like Green could be out a few weeks. Do you think this Moats guy will get 10-15 touch's a game now and some goal lines? I never have the oppurtunity to see Houston plays but it sounds like Slaton is having some trouble knocking it in on the goal line.

Looks like Green could be out a few weeks. Do you think this Moats guy will get 10-15 touch's a game now and some goal lines? I never have the oppurtunity to see Houston plays but it sounds like Slaton is having some trouble knocking it in on the goal line.
Moats is the last guy they would want in at the goal line.I can still picture him getting tossed around like a rag doll a couple of years back. It was hilarious looking.

JuniorNB said:
Looks like Green could be out a few weeks.
This is great news for Slaton owners. Green's vultures were the only thing keeping Slaton from being an every-week-starter.
:goodposting: Plus Slaton had zero targets compared to Green's 2. Not much, but it does show you that it was nearly a split backfield in total touches.Slaton should take over the workload with 15-20% at most to Moats.

In his weekly presser Kubiak addressed the RB situation. Green is trying to say he will be ready to go, but Kubiak does not seem to be buying and Green had an MRII today.

Slaton has a bruised chest, but played through it on Sunday.

Moats had an ankle injury but should be well enough by Monday to do whatever.

Cecil Sapp will work as the emergency RB assuming Green is not healthy

Will post the transcipt when available here and/or in the Texans in-season thread.

JuniorNB said:
This is great news for Slaton owners. Green's vultures were the only thing keeping Slaton from being an every-week-starter.
He has been my starter for me in two leagues since week 4 for me. Week 10 had Torian in for him in one league. I did draft QB and 3WRs in each league before going after a RB and Slaton is proving to be the steal I thought he would be.

JuniorNB said:
Well, that and: Texans coach Gary Kubiak revealed Sunday that Steve Slaton has been dealing with sore ribs since Week 11.Kubiak indicated he went into Sunday's game planning to feature Ahman Green, but when Green hurt his knee Slaton had to carry the load. "Steve was beat up coming out of the game against Indy," Kubiak said. "We have a beat-up young back that really wasn’t 100%. But Steve hung in there and finished the game." Slaton saw 21 carries, but may be limited again in practice this week.(from houstontexans.com)Personally, I wish they'd be more consistent targeting him in the passing game. The potential is there for him to split carries but still make a difference as a receiving back; however, when they simply limit his carries and then don't throw to him, it makes him a frustrating player to own.

Kubiak needs to stay out of his own way and just let the kid play. He's pretty much answered the bell every time they've asked him this season, unlike Ahman Green (dude breaks down more than Sam Jackson in "Unbreakable.") I don't mind them using Green or someone else every now and then, but Slaton should get be getting 20 touches a game IMO. He and Andre Johnson give the offense 2 players capable of scoring from anywhere on the field. He's shown enough that Kubiak needs to let Slaton prove that he CAN'T handle a full workload...

In his weekly presser Kubiak addressed the RB situation. Green is trying to say he will be ready to go, but Kubiak does not seem to be buying and Green had an MRII today.Slaton has a bruised chest, but played through it on Sunday.Moats had an ankle injury but should be well enough by Monday to do whatever.Cecil Sapp will work as the emergency RB assuming Green is not healthyWill post the transcipt when available here and/or in the Texans in-season thread.
(on RB Ahman Green’s status) “Well, we’re still trying to evaluate it. Obviously, there’s some concern there. Ahman was positive. I did talk to him today, also. (He) says he’s been through this one before. But there is some concern there. We’ll have our doctors continue to look at it tomorrow once again after we have a little rest period there. But it’s a tough decision for us because you’re at a tough period in the season. If a player’s going to miss a week or two, that’s one thing, but if you’re looking at three or four weeks, now you start to make different decisions on players at this point in the season because you don’t have that many weeks left. So we’ve got a running back problem right now. (RB) Steve (Slaton) played hurt for us yesterday. He’s got a severe chest bruise. (He) was not himself but hung in there for the football team and the young kid, (RB Ryan) Moats, only practiced once last week (due to) an ankle (injury). So, very concerned about our running back situation as we move forward.”(on what does he do with the running back situation) “Well, we’re looking at some guys today and talking about probably the immediate move is to bring a practice squad player back this week. (FB) Cecil (Sapp) can work as a halfback this week and be our third. This is a week-to-week business, and the best way we go this week is to probably just go with (RB) Steve (Slaton), go with (RB Ryan) Moats and have Cecil be an emergency guy.”

Users who are viewing this thread