What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

steve smith (car) (1 Viewer)

i think is fine for the shark pool, yeah Id dump him. Even in dynasty leagues he's past the WR40 range

The only thing keeping him on the roster is the fact that I'm curious to see what the offense might be like under Pike for a few games. Claussen's concussion may be the springboard to that. I'm not desperate for the roster spot. (yet)

I even gave up on him in dynasty leagues, offered him to pretty much everyone in the entire league and could get as much as a bag a chips for him the guy is completely useless for guys that want to win now and useless to guys who are building for the future because he's too old

I even gave up on him in dynasty leagues, offered him to pretty much everyone in the entire league and could get as much as a bag a chips for him the guy is completely useless for guys that want to win now and useless to guys who are building for the future because he's too old
He's 31. It's not like he's dead.

This is why you hold in dynasty and hope he does something next season. He's not so old he doesn't have a couple of years left.

This is why you hold in dynasty and hope he does something next season. He's not so old he doesn't have a couple of years left.
He's a drop in redrafts and keepers and a hold in dynasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so fast my friend!

He's the 8th receiver in targets for the last 4 weeks. Definitely a wait and see situation.

If adjusted for byes, he's #22 in targets per game.

If his reception % increases, he can be a WR3 with upside/borderline WR2 moving forward (at least in PPR formats)

Last edited by a moderator:
If he's the worst player on your rooster and there's a guy on the WW that is likely going to be better, drop him

I'm holding until the above scenario happens.

He's my first to drop option, if I find something on the wire I like. He's not the worst player on my roster, but is the most destructive, IMO. He's good enough to contemplate putting in, he's getting targets, etc., but he's very likely to put up terrible numbers any given week. The CAR QB situation is like a revolving door, and having Smith available to put in creates more problems than solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread