What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Smith - Why's He FBG's clear #1? (1 Viewer)

yinzer

Footballguy
After watching the 5 minute drill (very good BTW) and looking at FBG's rankings of WR's since Im about to look over my WR rankings/projections again, I noticed Steve Smith is the clear #1 favorite

7 of 14 of the guys have him #1, with only one lower than #3, which are very significantly more consistent #'s than any WR

My first question is why? my second is how many board members here are in agreement with this?

I don't doubt SS talent, but Delhomme is coming off a career worst year, they don't have an above average running game, and they just seem to have been in steady decline for 3-4 years. I guess that means they'll pass more when they're getting their ###es beat :thumbup:

I like CJ and Owens boatloads more than Smith because they're on very good teams with QB's I have a lot of confidence in that will get them the ball. They're also more consistent than Smith in my eyes.

And to a slightly lesser degree, I'd rather have Freak 1 or Freak 2 on Indy, Holt (although maybe not since he doesn't seem to be healthy) or Javon Walker for similar reason

Hows everyone else see this?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks man

I did a search and absolutely nothing involving steve smith came up...then your search has what im looking for first..hah

not sure how that worked out

Edit: And after reading that, I think my opinion has changed somewhat and definitely have SS alongside Owens and CJ

np - Owens is my clear WR1. Beyond that flip a coin between about the next 4 guys, including Smith

I read in the off-season a piece where their new offensive coordiantor said the offense has to go through Steve Smith. That's enough for me. That and he's uncoverable.

1A = Owens

1B = Harrison

I view them as the only two WRs that should be a lock for double-digit TDs barring health.

1A = Owens1B = HarrisonI view them as the only two WRs that should be a lock for double-digit TDs barring health.
:goodposting:only I score it 1A = Harrison1B = Owens
I can definitely live with that. I just think Romo is going to target the ever-living hell out of T.O. this year. If you project TO's 2006 numbers once Romo took over to a full season then he was #1 WR in all of fantasy last year. :yes:

ICWT10 said:
NYGus said:
ICWT10 said:
1A = Owens1B = HarrisonI view them as the only two WRs that should be a lock for double-digit TDs barring health.
:lmao:only I score it 1A = Harrison1B = Owens
I can definitely live with that. I just think Romo is going to target the ever-living hell out of T.O. this year. If you project TO's 2006 numbers once Romo took over to a full season then he was #1 WR in all of fantasy last year. :goodposting:
I don't think the difference was that big. Without using a calculator, I believe we are talking about a 0.6 ppg uptick with Romo vs Bledsoe. Not a massive difference. Still, I think TO and Harrison are the safest WRs this year.

Users who are viewing this thread