What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (6 Viewers)

Missed this earlier in the evening — AACQ up 25% after hours!  :excited:

“Origin Materials, a chemical-technology company, is in talks to go public via a merger with blank-check firm Artius Acquisition Inc., according to people with knowledge of the matter.

Deliberations are ongoing and may not lead to a transaction, the people said, asking not to be identified because the information is private.

A representative for Artius, a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC, declined to comment. Representatives for Origin Materials didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Origin Materials extracts chemicals from plants that are used to make a more environmentally friendly version of plastic, according to its website. Its partners and customers include Nestle SA, Danone SA and PepsiCo Inc.

Origin Materials is building a new plant in Ontario, it said in a press release in November.

Artius raised $630 million in an initial public offering in July.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just thinking about this today, as I keep reading how collectables, art, etc are exploding in value.  Have you heard about the video highlights of NBA players selling for up to $71K (I heard $100K on a podcast today).  Sports cards are exploding in value.  I just checked eBay and it looks like the $2,000 Rolex I won in a sales contest 17 years ago, that I wear a couple of times a year, is now worth $8-$10K.  Wondering what else I may have around (besides a Jordan rookie that I've never had graded) is worth way more than I thought.....
Which Jordan rookie?  Could be significant. 

I have a topps Jerry Rice rookie. 

Which Jordan rookie?  Could be significant. 

I have a topps Jerry Rice rookie. 
I have a Rice rookie too but not graded, how do you mail something like that off and feel safe it doesn’t get damaged and you actually see it back? Read in the other thread it’s taking more than half a year to get graded at PSA. 

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah I was spam purchasing this morning. Glad I finally grabbed SE and FVRR.  A little late in the game but it should have a bunch of room to run. Hoping CCIV explodes with the Lucid deal. 

Central New Jersey. 
New brunswick, Freehold, Princeton?

Lived there 85-86

I think someone mentioned to purchase bitcoin via paypal, but I just tried and they wanted a $10.80 fee for a $600 investment.  Are there any services that I can purchase bitcoin without paying a fee?

Ive been up/down like 10-30K during this AMC and GTEH non sense.

I'm looking to downgrade B O R I N G into some safer stuff soon.

I think

AMZN, AVGO, DIS, PLTR, SE

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Anyone still willing to admit they are in AMC?

I'm still holding.  at least till $9  :banned:
I'm still holding... I knew the risks but got in at a bad price (fortunately a small amount)... hoping they don't go out of business is my only play :lol:  

• Smile
Reactions: KGB
I think someone mentioned to purchase bitcoin via paypal, but I just tried and they wanted a $10.80 fee for a $600 investment.  Are there any services that I can purchase bitcoin without paying a fee?
No.  Only shot to purchase right now is if you know someone with it that wants to sell private party.  Problem is BTC is in such demand right now and it’s going up so fast nobody wants to sell.  The exchanges know this so the premiums are sky high.  

There is little inflation at the moment officially.

silver $27 an oz on the exchange can’t buy it physically for less than $35

gold 1824 an oz can’t buy a non numismatic 1/10th eagle for less than $235

baseball cards through the roof 

artwork through the roof

and now you can’t buy BTC at the spot rate without paying huge fees.

interesting times

It was nice because paypal didn’t start charging a fee until 1/1/21, last year was no fee. 

Anyone still holding ORRCF?  It was a recommendation here and I’ve done well being up 75%. Seems to have strong resistance now.  Volume seems really low. Time to move on?

Robinhood and Webull don’t charge any fees for crypto purchases. On those two platforms you don’t actually hold the physical coin, they hold it for you, but for investment purposes that’s fine.

Anyone still holding ORRCF?  It was a recommendation here and I’ve done well being up 75%. Seems to have strong resistance now.  Volume seems really low. Time to move on?
I'm not in it but that's one I would be moving on from even with the low volume.

• Thanks
I was in then out of it.

As I recall, about 40% profit.

Good job on the 75%

• Thanks
Anyone still willing to admit they are in AMC?

I'm still holding.  at least till $9  :banned:
Even though they appear to be a mess I only sold enough to cover my cost.  Free rolling, though should have taken a profit probably.  🤷‍♂️

Uh, ok?

I'm confused by this reaction - you had just mentioned wanting boring companies - I was just kind of joking about the fact it's hard to get more boring than an accounting company. 
Cloud based accounting, so sort of boring but hopefully with nice fat margins and easier growth. Not a 9 or 10, but one of those 7s that when makeup’s applied and the right dress is put on, look fantastic.

What is a Nexus stock?  Motley keeps referring to it?
I was also thinking of that.

Seems like we might could figure it out or narrow it to a few.

"NEXUS STOCK" IMPACTS $20 TRILLION POTENTIAL MARKETS

I have never seen a story like this before.

Full stop.

Let me explain…

So, when I look at some of The Motley Fool’s biggest winners, a simple pattern emerges.

Each of them rode a big mega-trend to big gains.

When I say Apple, you think: iPhones. (+2,640% since first recommendation)

Shopify. E-commerce. (+6,717%)

Activision Blizzard. E-sports. (+3,195%)

You get the idea.

Every now and then we’re fortunate to uncover a stock that impacts two mega-trends. Not surprisingly, the returns profile has historically been even better.

Netflix. Streaming video AND cord-cutting. (+23,865%)

Amazon. E-commerce AND cloud computing. (+21,487%)

So you can imagine how excited I am to share that the team over at Extreme Opportunities: Artificial Intelligence have just uncovered a stock that targets not one mega-trend…

Not even two…

But FOUR.

That’s right – it operates at the “nexus” of four separate, huge trends:

The $12 TRILLION potential opportunity in 5G…

The 3X potential growth opportunity in the industrial robotics industry…

The $1.4 TRILLION potential opportunity in smartphones…

Plus, the $7 TRILLION potential opportunity in driverless cars!

That’s over $20 trillion in potential markets this stock could impact.

It’s hard for me to overstate how unprecedented this “nexus stock” is.

If you have access to Artificial Intelligence or would like to add access to your membership, you can access this incredible company by clicking below.

Take me to the stock!

Plus, this isn’t some random tech stock just selling a bucket of hype.

It’s already profitable.

And (not surprisingly, given its smartphone exposure), its long list of customers include Samsung and Apple.

And more broadly, this stock is just the newest addition to the impressive lineup already at Extreme Opportunities: Artificial Intelligence.

mister bob

February 14, 2021 3:04 pm

Saw that and wondered if it was something as simple as Nvidia. Nvidia is set to benefit from all of those trends: 5G, autonomous driving, smart phones, industrial AI…not to mention additional benefits from Bitcoin mining and gaming.

I have a Rice rookie too but not graded, how do you mail something like that off and feel safe it doesn’t get damaged and you actually see it back? Read in the other thread it’s taking more than half a year to get graded at PSA. 
That Rice is a really tough card on both centering and corners.  Those green edges were awful.  I had a real nice one years ago that came back a 7.  PSA/Collector's Universe is making so much cash right now it's not worth it to them to scam over a card here or there.  Not sure what their safety procedures are to keep employees individually from pulling something.  But in general a good pic of your card before you send it off should do the trick.  It would be easily detectable from the centering, any edge chipping etc.

Cloud based accounting, so sort of boring but hopefully with nice fat margins and easier growth. Not a 9 or 10, but one of those 7s that when makeup’s applied and the right dress is put on, look fantastic.
Now this is the type of posting that makes sense to me as a newb!

Users who are viewing this thread