What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (2 Viewers)

"What Is Bitcoin? Bitcoin is a digital currency that was created in January 2009. It follows the ideas set out in a whitepaper by the mysterious and pseudonymous Satoshi Nakamoto. 1 The identity of the person or persons who created the technology is still a mystery."

Why does this rub me the wrong way? 
Because it's completely irrational and akin to worshipping a cult, na na na na na na na na leader? 

At least it is for me. 

"What Is Bitcoin? Bitcoin is a digital currency that was created in January 2009. It follows the ideas set out in a whitepaper by the mysterious and pseudonymous Satoshi Nakamoto. 1 The identity of the person or persons who created the technology is still a mystery."

Why does this rub me the wrong way? 
I don't know but that is true, except it was sometime in '08.

These sub-penny stocks... $0.0084

Do you purchase 1,000,000 shares?

Would cost you $840

Are the number of shares unlimited?

How does this even work?
There are a set number of shares outstanding like any other stocks, but the number is usually in the hundreds of millions or more, is that what you mean? Also, for pennies in general, they report average volumes across multiple days. I see this stock has 192M outstanding shares. These are not for investing, it's day trade fodder. % gain is great. $ gain not so much.

I have a canadian grower stock I bought over a year ago as a sub penny and now it's a real stock listed on NYSE at $7. But to get here it went through multiple reverse splits and my millions of shares is less than 100 qty. I made my initial investments back buying and selling quick back then, so I sat on these remaining shares to see how far it goes. Not great for long term.

Keep an eye on $ICBU.  It has popped twice recently.  Usually the PnD gets a single pop, this seems to be a big push

Is DMEHF still a buy at these levels or have I missed the boat?
Im in it for long, so I would still buy.

I actually bought twice and contemplated the same thing on the second buy.  I went back to what I was told way back in the day "Dont try to time the market"

Did Powell declare amazon our new lord and leader or something? What happened there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Q&A session is still on-going, overall very optimistic view. Streaming live on Yahoo finance.

Generally, two target indicators discussed: inflation target is 2% for end of 2021, it's at 1.8 now trending to 2.2 for end of year. The other is unemployment target of 5%, currently projected to be 4.5%. These indicators would accelerate rate increase, but for now no increase expected for 2022, probably none into 2023 unless there are significant changes in the projections. Powell acknowledged though that "improvement" in unemployment % ignores the fact that there are 9 million less people in the work force as compared to February 2020, pre-Covid, as well as businesses that are gone now because of Covid and won't be replaced.

Did anyone catch the beginning of this Q&A session, the second question raised was not answered and Powell said there is an announcement coming on that in the next few days so he will not address it. What was the question?

Is DMEHF still a buy at these levels or have I missed the boat?
On the one hand,it feels feckless to recommend a stock that is already up 100% YTD.  On the other, I do think this stock and a couple of others that also have exposure to helium, have some more room to run.  Look at Royal Helium:  RHCCF.  That thing is up 57% YTD.  Or American Helium AHELF up 27% YTD.  I wouldn't invest in these stocks because other than having the word "helium" in their name, they aren't going to be legit players in the space.

BUT......again, hate to be cliche - rising tides lift all boats.  I think news on the horizon is forthcoming that will bolster these little stocks and if I had to pick ONE to put in my portfolio (or kids' portfolios, which I have done) I'd use DMEHF.  They can actually produce the gas.

Did anyone catch the beginning of this Q&A session, the second question raised was not answered and Powell said there is an announcement coming on that in the next few days so he will not address it. What was the question?
I wasn't listening so can't say for sure, but wouldn't be surprised if the question had to do with the tax deadline being moved from April 15th to May 15th. It hasn't been formally announced yet but supposedly someone leaked the change earlier today. 

Grabbed 500 shares of ARDX. Hoping to see $9 bucks a share pre PDUFA date (April 29). I think they get approval, but I dont see much of a post approval run that would be worth the risk. 

I wasn't listening so can't say for sure, but wouldn't be surprised if the question had to do with the tax deadline being moved from April 15th to May 15th. It hasn't been formally announced yet but supposedly someone leaked the change earlier today. 
treasury meeting probably wouldn't go into tax related issues. I just found it, it was regarding SLR Supplementary Leverage Ratio.

Supplementary leverage ratio (SLR)

The supplementary leverage ratio is the US implementation of the Basel III Tier 1 leverage ratio, with which banks calculate the amount of common equity capital they must hold relative to their total leverage exposure. Large US banks must hold 3%. Top-tier bank holding companies must also hold an extra 2% buffer, for a total of 5%. The SLR, which does not distinguish between assets based on risk, is conceived as a backstop to risk-weighted capital requirements.
this could be significant to the banking sector in the next few days depending on what the announcement ends up being.

:towelwave:   YES!  Reports saying May 17th.   

treasury meeting probably wouldn't go into tax related issues. I just found it, it was regarding SLR Supplementary Leverage Ratio.

this could be significant to the banking sector in the next few days depending on what the announcement ends up being.
I'm guessing it's an extension of this:

The Fed and other agencies last spring allowed banks subject to the supplementary leverage ratio to exclude U.S. Treasury securities and deposits at Federal Reserve banks from the measure of capital relative to assets. The exemptions, set to expire March 31, were meant to free up resources to make loans and other purposes.

While the central bank is still weighing its options, Powell indicated to members of the Senate Banking Committee that an extension is on the table. The deadline is also approaching on the relief provided by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Makes sense. I was just guessing since it wasn't formally announced yet. 

Hope that means I can delay my payment until then :oldunsure:
I would say yes but can't say for certain. When the filing deadline was extended to July 15th last year they also extended the payment deadline so I would assume that they would do the same this time. 

Continuing to build cash.  Only had 3 cheap shares of the Tesla from two weeks ago, but sold two of them as they were up $120 each.  Shaved some UWMC that was up 15%.

@stbugs Added some Sharpspring on the dip.  This is in your wheelhouse correct?

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
GME... another nice day to day trade.  Diamond hands, however, not so much...
Was a very good day doing exactly that for me. I ended up adding +300 shares (selling 1,500 and buying 1,800). The crazy ending where it dipped below 205 was comical and that allowed me to be a net gainer on the day.   

Continuing to build cash.  Only had 3 cheap shares of the Tesla from two weeks ago, but sold two of them as they were up $120 each.  Shaved some UWMC that was up 15%.

@stbugs Added some Sharpspring on the dip.  This is in your wheelhouse correct?
Took that one to the gut but still beat the market nicely. It’s a long term buy so I’ll keep rolling. It’s still growing nicely and should grow 25-30% next year. I guess expectations were higher or it had been up nicely already.

Starting to think I'll never get an electric truck.  All these EV truck companies are frauds.  GM/Hummer, don't let me down!

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
Because it's completely irrational and akin to worshipping a cult, na na na na na na na na leader? 

At least it is for me. 
Wouldn't the fact that the creator intentionally avoided having a single person become the face/focus of it make it decidedly UN-cult like? 
I don't know, it was the first thing that sprang to mind.  I guess gold falls into the same category as it's only real value is because there's demand for it since chicks dig shiny stuff.

beef said:
Starting to think I'll never get an electric truck.  All these EV truck companies are frauds.  GM/Hummer, don't let me down!
There was a point where it got over $30 again that I was regretting selling it at $28 or $29. Definitely good with it now. Unfortunately, investment wise, I think the best outsider in the truck market will be Rivian. It's not going to be public at an early enough stage like these others. That said, I think most of the other outsiders will be nothing in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread