What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-outlook-nasdaq-valuation-plunge-dot-com-bubble-fundstrat-2022-6?utm_campaign=sf-bi-money&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3McN17k6P5pemGMd9obLUeN7xTJ-ZupgirIAYzRFe0haiZocCves7jpLk

From Article:

But after the year-to-date decline, Lee now sees an attractive risk/reward profile in the Nasdaq 100 and its associated mega-cap tech stocks, according to the note.

"Many investors say they are waiting for stocks to crash to absolute rock bottom levels before considering equities. The Nasdaq 100 is already there," he said.

In fact, the Nasdaq's price-to-earnings ratio today is lower now than it was at the depths of its dot-com unwind, when the Nasdaq 100 declined by nearly 80% from its 2000 peak, he added.

"Nasdaq 100 is cheaper today than at the absolute 70-year low of 2003. Yup, markets crashed worse than dot-com," Lee said.

This dynamic means tech stocks are likely to stage a considerable bounce before the rest of the market does, according to the note, and the Nasdaq's recent relative outperformance relative to the S&P 500 over the past week corroborates that view.

-----

Thoughts? 
I agree. There are some quality growing tech companies that have gotten really cheap. There are ones that might not make it back but they all got hit hard even the good ones that in 5-10 years you’ll wish you bought more. 

To keep it real simple, Roth, 100% S&P 500 Tracking fund.   

His checks probably aren't big enough to take any real advantage of the tax deduction of a Traditional.  Funds may be sitting there for 50 years.  Pay that small tax now and be done.  A small cap/Russell tracking fund might get him a little extra aggressive growth boost if you were to split out 20-30% to that.  Can never go wrong with just an S&P 500 over a 40-50 year span though.  
Took this advice today and made his change. Thanks to you and everyone else who responded.

Good pop to start. 

That’s a lot of shares of Amazon to look at now. 
Well, the market rally is fading. I did have to take a double take because I was transferring some shares around and the original 10 share count was in the new account but the 190 extra shares received stayed in the old account. I think I have to wait until it settles and then I can move the rest. I must have moved them after the official record. Oh well.

Looks like a red day due to Target’s guidance, which is that they want to reduce  inventory. It made me think back to the few minute GME earnings call. Here’s a snippet from an article:

GameStop ended the quarter with cash and cash equivalents of $1,035 million, restricted cash of $33.3 million and stockholders’ equity of $1,450.7 million. Inventory was $917.6 million at the end of the reported quarter compared with $570.9 million at the close of the prior year. The company is maintaining high inventory to meet increased customer demand and mitigate supply chain challenges.

It’s interesting that GME’s inventory jumped up huge and they said they want to maintain a high level yet many retailers are warning on revenue growth and tryin to reduce inventory. Makes you wonder if the quick call was to avoid questions on stuff like that. Not good to be hiking inventory if a recession or almost recession is around the corner.

It’s interesting that GME’s inventory jumped up huge and they said they want to maintain a high level yet many retailers are warning on revenue growth and tryin to reduce inventory. Makes you wonder if the quick call was to avoid questions on stuff like that. Not good to be hiking inventory if a recession or almost recession is around the corner.
GME hasn’t taken questions for several consecutive quarters. I assume they don’t want to lie and get in trouble and they certainly don’t want to tell the truth.

Looks like a red day due to Target’s guidance, which is that they want to reduce  inventory. It made me think back to the few minute GME earnings call. Here’s a snippet from an article:

GameStop ended the quarter with cash and cash equivalents of $1,035 million, restricted cash of $33.3 million and stockholders’ equity of $1,450.7 million. Inventory was $917.6 million at the end of the reported quarter compared with $570.9 million at the close of the prior year. The company is maintaining high inventory to meet increased customer demand and mitigate supply chain challenges.

I was short M on the same premise based on inventory but they guided up and the stock skyrocketed. 

Nothing in this market screams buy me now.  My oil/natural gas stocks are keeping my portfolio from a total tank.  Feels like a good time to spend more time at the pool with an ice cold beverage and check back in this fall.

Nothing in this market screams buy me now.  My oil/natural gas stocks are keeping my portfolio from a total tank.  Feels like a good time to spend more time at the pool with an ice cold beverage and check back in this fall.
I was just thinking the same thing and coming in to see where people here are putting their money? 

Saw this on twitter:

Good thing we plowed all those trillions of dollars into fake meat, digital dog currencies and photo sharing apps instead of infrastructure, healthcare and metals supply

WTI = $120.03 / barrel at the close today

:banned:

I got back in but out again.  Looking for another reentry point.  Maybe...  Seems crazy to even consider getting back in but no one can get in Big Oil's way, especially when all the attention/blame is deflected to others.     

True

I have some GUSH and a good chunk of OKE, but what might have been with some NRGU

Not sure what kind of predictions I would make on this info - but a ridiculously under reported issue right now is the shortage (outage) of contrast media.

Facilities are going to covid like case volumes - eliminating or reducing elective procedures.

I would expect some of the bigger med device players to take a hit this quarter.

Can someone tell me what the downside of just piling money in this stock at all time lows and with a 10% dividend? The housing market is insane, this seems like a way to get a piece. 

Bankruptcy? But if Chad feels this is the best of the best, less likely?

I've read Matt Ishiba owns like 70% of the stock which earns dividends too, so he has no incentive for the price to go up.
Expand  
I think the housing market is a sell.  If there were "wanted!" posters for inflation housing prices would be on it.  The Fed isn't going to come out and announce that they have like Terminator like determination in taking it out but they have to. 

I went short back in the beginning of April and they (REK) more than doubled from $0.49 to current ask/call $1.05/$1.20.    

Considering buying more but don't like averaging up. Will need to get $0.75 or less
Bought 5 more at $0.73.  Will be adding more and possibly soon. 

BTW

Mortgage demand falls to the lowest level in 22 years amid rising rates and slowing home sales

Makes sense.
Amazing. I remember it was $65 a share in October 2019 when I looked at it but I bought ZM instead at $67. One of the few really good decisions because I sold almost all of the ZM at $570 because it felt really stretched. DOCU never quite made that run so I probably would have held it too long. Biggest mistakes were not selling a lot more. Oh well, retirement can wait!

CPI numbers not looking great.  I guess we'll find out if today's leak got the sell-off outta the way or if it's just getting going again.

Same.  Logging off, not going to listen to people cry about it on CNBC either.  Will probably just copy/paste this for next month, and the next month, and the next month...

Bread costs to much to do that.
You need a Kwik Trip.   Gallon of milk, pound of butter, dozen eggs, 2 loafs of bread, bananas... $10.  

Just don't add gas or it'll be $100.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread