What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

Down 73% today doesn't move the needle much when you're already down 99%. Think this will be my first to go to zero.
Yea I thought about selling what I had this morning but then figured I’ve come this far so may as well see it through.
Damn, guess Whyatt’s bet with the crazy old cooter is officially done. CYDY for the win at 40x the market cap now.
What was the bet

Would have never guessed cydy would outlast this one but them’s the breaks.

Down 73% today doesn't move the needle much when you're already down 99%. Think this will be my first to go to zero.
Yea I thought about selling what I had this morning but then figured I’ve come this far so may as well see it through.
Damn, guess Whyatt’s bet with the crazy old cooter is officially done. CYDY for the win at 40x the market cap now.

My Link

What was the bet

Would have never guessed cydy would outlast this one but them’s the breaks.
Which one would have a higher market cap.

What is happening this afternoon that is sending everything red?

Or is that just my account?!

Japan announced they are going to take the cap off their interest rates, which I think were negative or something? I'm no economist, but I think treasuries are selling off on the news? Somebody with a better brain can explain.....

Close the markets right here and let's all go on vacation...
If you look at historical returns if you take the years that returns like this have happened (not too many - like 8) the average return for the rest of the year was 8% with no losers. Momentum is going that way. So we have that going for us.

On the negative side we have me and mother market smiting me as I close in on my number and taking everyone else with it.

On the balance I believe the latter, so fully agree with shutting up shop and going on vacation.

Hey all. Long time no talk. Been very busy with a new job so haven't posted much, but still lurking and reading, hope all are well. I have a 401k rollover in process and when the cash hits, I think I'm going to buy $100,000 of EXPR - former meme stock darling, currently at risk of being delisted. I saw some hammers on stocktwits saying it's going back to the moon. What can go wrong, right? I hate working for a living and am hoping this can lead me to an easy early retirement. Thoughts? Gotta be close to zero chance I can't buy at 77 cents and sell at a buck, right?

When the market was tanking, there was a basket of tech stocks that were still holding up nicely, not really tanking along with all the rest. People would get cocky with those (well, at least this one has barely dropped at all!) and then at the first hint of bad news the bottom would fall out and it would make up for the entire 4 months in like 3 days, to catch up with everything else.

Feels like the opposite is happening now. All these tech stocks have had huge bounces. The ones that have barely bounced, one whiff of good news and in 2-3 days they make up for the entire move they missed. Like QS and Roku the last few days.

What other tech stocks haven't really bounced with the rest, that may still have that kind of move in the near future?

ETA: Other than SNAP, of course. F that.

Hey all. Long time no talk. Been very busy with a new job so haven't posted much, but still lurking and reading, hope all are well. I have a 401k rollover in process and when the cash hits, I think I'm going to buy $100,000 of EXPR - former meme stock darling, currently at risk of being delisted. I saw some hammers on stocktwits saying it's going back to the moon. What can go wrong, right? I hate working for a living and am hoping this can lead me to an easy early retirement. Thoughts? Gotta be close to zero chance I can't buy at 77 cents and sell at a buck, right?
Seems like a horrible idea if I am being honest

When the market was tanking, there was a basket of tech stocks that were still holding up nicely, not really tanking along with all the rest. People would get cocky with those (well, at least this one has barely dropped at all!) and then at the first hint of bad news the bottom would fall out and it would make up for the entire 4 months in like 3 days, to catch up with everything else.

Feels like the opposite is happening now. All these tech stocks have had huge bounces. The ones that have barely bounced, one whiff of good news and in 2-3 days they make up for the entire move they missed. Like QS and Roku the last few days.

What other tech stocks haven't really bounced with the rest, that may still have that kind of move in the near future?

ETA: Other than SNAP, of course. F that.

My theory on this is a lot of blue chip companies went through some tough quarters because of Covid/economy and were tremendously oversold and we probably won’t see a buying opportunity like that again in a long time, if ever.

<------------Guy who turned his rainy-day fund into three shares of AMZN over two years ago and had to double down in October just to get near the surface again

Might be a good time to buy a value ETF. Right now is the worst run for value stocks in 200 years.

Might want to see that up to date since it ends at 2020. Early 2020 was a big shot to a lot of value stocks and the past few years have been very good to the same value stocks like Energy. XOM, WMT, JNJ and CAT to name a few are all at ATHs now or earlier in 2023. They are up 200%+, 50%, 20% (not including spin off) and 150% in price since the low of 2020 without even including dividends.

So, bring a worrier I seemed to be missing some of my bond ETFs. Looked everywhere. Started an outside search. Sure enough, in a dark corner of my wood shed - there they were. Beat to hell and back, but alive.

I dunno. Seems like if I was an investor I’d want them to shed any overhead that wasn’t necessary. I get why someone might like them not doing so for moral (not the best word but close enough) reasons, but as a publicly traded company you’re kind of required to be ruthless at times. They gained share largely by undercutting on rates, which is what the Michael Scott Paper Company did, but who knows?

Earnings on the 9th? Be curious to see them. They could very well be the best house in the neighborhood, but I still think it’s a terrible neighborhood with bars on every window. (speaking only as an investor in publicly traded companies).

ETA: 6% is high and hopefully sustainable, but I’d rather just get 5% in a money market right now than risk this.

Users who are viewing this thread