What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (7 Viewers)

Saw an interview with PLTR's guy Alex Karp on Bill Maher over the weekend.

Very impressive guy.

Makes me want to buy some of that stock.
I got some April 17th. Up 72%. Been nice. Found that they are the best at what they do, and they charge more than any other. Figured more companies should and would want to do business with them going forward.

Very impressive guy.

I had a meeting that ran late a number of months back and had a small pile of money allocated to PLTR at 7. Markets closed and it jumped to 9. Cursed and figured I'd wait until it dipped a hair. Now at 36. :bag:

Very impressive guy.

I had a meeting that ran late a number of months back and had a small pile of money allocated to PLTR at 7. Markets closed and it jumped to 9. Cursed and figured I'd wait until it dipped a hair. Now at 36. :bag:
Sold $31 covered calls when it was at $25. Though that's been a regular churn that has made me more than I SHOULD lose having these called. :oldunsure:

I hope you guys like the color red. I don't see how we end up green today. Current odds are 60/40 for a 50 point cut. I just don't see the Fed doing that. I expect a pedestrian 25 and the street is gonna have a little tantrum over that.

And we certainly won't get the 75 point cut that some of those senators wanted. :lmao:

(Now let's see how wrong I can possibly be).

I'm expecting the same. 25 point cut, markets go red. A little overreaction. Add on some dips for the LT.

I'm thinking I'll trim some of my ST plays in up on before the announcement.

Is there a way I could bet pizza money on 25 bps at every meeting through 2025?

Polymarket is about the only place I know to bet on this but it is difficult to access if in the US.

Fwiw poly had 50bps cut at around a 70% chance yesterday and now down to about 40%. I agree it will likely only be 25 and betting markets seem to be moving that way as well.

3 stocks recommended in this thread:

BLDP

NARI

EVFM

my 3 worst positions since purchase, any thoughts on them?
NARI is trading about half price from where it was in August 2021. I recall the first few months of trading of that name and it doubled, at least, in that time. So it's trading at a massive discount to its highs and right around its IPO price in the 40s. I also recall someone on this board pimping NARI as best in class or as the outfit that everyone used for their _____ needs (some kind of medical devices). I'd like to see them make a profit, which they don't, but still wondering if NARI is buyable now that it's back at its IPO levels.

While I'm here: BLDP--I keep accumulating as it goes down, especially in the last few months when it looks more likely that someone who is pro alternate-energy could be in the White House. I bought 500 more at $1.70 recently. As todem preaches, it is a long term play and I'm not counting on it paying off but I like the space.
I give a master list in here I don't know how many times...and one guy buys the one stock I said is the highest risk......what happened to the other 50 I have talked about in here and have done extremely well. LOL.

Anyway......good luck JetMaxx.

BLDP

NARI

EVFM

NARI is trading about half price from where it was in August 2021. I recall the first few months of trading of that name and it doubled, at least, in that time. So it's trading at a massive discount to its highs and right around its IPO price in the 40s. I also recall someone on this board pimping NARI as best in class or as the outfit that everyone used for their _____ needs (some kind of medical devices). I'd like to see them make a profit, which they don't, but still wondering if NARI is buyable now that it's back at its IPO levels.

While I'm here: BLDP--I keep accumulating as it goes down, especially in the last few months when it looks more likely that someone who is pro alternate-energy could be in the White House. I bought 500 more at $1.70 recently. As todem preaches, it is a long term play and I'm not counting on it paying off but I like the space.
I give a master list in here I don't know how many times...and one guy buys the one stock I said is the highest risk......what happened to the other 50 I have talked about in here and have done extremely well. LOL.

At least you didn't come in here recommending cobalt stocks. :bag:

BLDP

NARI

EVFM

At least you didn't come in here recommending cobalt stocks. :bag:
LOL.....we need our laughing emoji back....WTF kind of decision was that!!!!! What is wrong!!! We are mostly Gen X'ers in here........we don't care.

Gold went from flat to up $15

It gets no attention, but GLD has beaten SPY over 6M, YTD, 1 YR, 2 YR...and since inception in late 2004! If you look at total return (dividends reinvested), then the SPY comes out on top over the past 20 years, but not by much. I don't own it for outperformance, I own it for the diversification. And it can go nowhere for a long time, like it did from 2013-2020. But when it's working, it gives you more than just that diversification.

BLDP

NARI

EVFM

You definitely always mentioned this one had a lot of risk.

Aggresive move from the Fed today and they are guiding another .50 basis points in December and a full 100 basisi points by year end of 2025 to be shaved off.

Pretty much how we saw it for a while.....dovish and it should help the car industry next year because right now it is dead.

They will still have arrows in the quiver in case of a moderate to harsh recession (I think we are already in a mild one in some areas of the economy).

By year end 2025 they will have reduced the Federal Deficit's debt service by a trillion dollars in interest.

But notice neither side ever talks about this "spending" problem we have?

That is the 800 pound gorilla in the room and I have discussed this at length with clients. That is the one thing that gives me concern looking out 18-24 months. This is completely unsustainable for our free market economy. And it's not a revenue problem. It's a spending problem. They need to cut all the ear marks down and get back to fiscal sanity....or we may be in bigger trouble than anyone understands in a couple of years.

Anyway sorry to get a little political....but this will affect the markets inside 18-24 months if we simply do not address it.

Aggresive move from the Fed today and they are guiding another .50 basis points in December and a full 100 basisi points by year end of 2025 to be shaved off.
50 now and the cavalcade of cuts later means the Fed has started way too late and is completely off course. Not surprising, but disappointing.

50 now and the cavalcade of cuts later means the Fed has started way too late and is completely off course. Not surprising, but disappointing.
Have they ever been on time? Serious question.

They don't forecast they only look, and act, on backward-looking data. So they're always late acting in either direction.

They don't forecast they only look, and act, on backward-looking data. So they're always late acting in either direction.
They don’t really do anything but follow the bond market anyways. 2 year is telling them they’re way late.

Sold some of my Vanguard (VTI) at it's all time high today as long term capital gains (115% cost basis). Money is for my kids car and the wife/my Roth IRA contributions for the year. Should I go ahead with the IRA purchases or wait?

CEG is up a lot today due to planned restart of Three Mile Island.

Power for AI is modern day's shovels for the gold rush. What are the best investments from this angle? What power companies should we be investing in? I think we're at just the beginning.

Gonna need nuclear too...

CEG is up a lot today due to planned restart of Three Mile Island.

Power for AI is modern day's shovels for the gold rush. What are the best investments from this angle? What power companies should we be investing in? I think we're at just the beginning.

Gonna need nuclear too...

I like VST

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread