What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

With rates dropping do you all like any high yield options like REITs/O ? Where are you jumping into in anticipation of rates lowering ?
I already positioned into O and GLPI a while ago as well as intermediate Corp Bonds, High Yield Corporates and emerging market debt in anticipation of rate cuts. Also Small Caps on the stock side. And I gave the bat signal here last October 2023 on utilities when the sector dropped to a 5 year low.

With rates dropping do you all like any high yield options like REITs/O ? Where are you jumping into in anticipation of rates lowering ?
I already positioned into O and GLPI a while ago as well as intermediate Corp Bonds, High Yield Corporates and emerging market debt in anticipation of rate cuts. Also Small Caps on the stock side. And I gave the bat signal here last October 2023 on utilities when the sector dropped to a 5 year low.
VICI?

Anywhere you see that’s still a decent value at this time compared to others?

Anywhere you see that’s still a decent value at this time compared to others?
Nothing is screaming at me. Literally nothing. I am doing rebalancing already and planning 2025.

I am taking some profits for those that are not 100% stocks and reallocating to more fixed income. For example if the target allocation is 70/30 and the portfolio is currently sitting at 85/15 we are taking that 15% overweight and selling it and buying more on the fixed income side.

Just doing some risk adjustment type stuff.

If we get a decent sized correction then we can shift heavier into equites again.

For 100% equity portfolio...just trimming some profits here and there and selling any dogs or stagnant stocks I don't really see doing much over the next 12-18 and especially if they don't pay dividends.

But generally speaking...staying long as always and not doing anything drastic.

Last edited:
Humana crushed today on heavy volume. I'll do some research tonight and may buy some tomorrow.
Their Beirut office isn't turning in good numbers these days. Tehran office is sending out profit warnings.
HUM down 12% on Tuesday. Down 16% in premarket today. Yikes. Watching and waiting....
now down 21% premarket. ouch.
Bought 100 shares at $230 then immediately sold a November $260 call for $800 to lower the cost basis a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread