What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (21 Viewers)

Been burned so many times by penny stocks that I'm permanently scalded.  I am going to be the wet blanket and predict a gap open and a red close on the day.  Hope to be proven wrong, but I have no faith anymore.  Shorts are going to be all over this one. Again, hope I'm wrong.
I've always been skeptical of small companies that are relying on a discovery.  You might just be paying for scientist to discover something and then quit the company.  They will then start a new company where they are 100% owner already with a discovery in their back pocket.  The stock price can be artificially manipulated in the short term because of small market capitalization.

Been burned so many times by penny stocks that I'm permanently scalded.  I am going to be the wet blanket and predict a gap open and a red close on the day.  Hope to be proven wrong, but I have no faith anymore.  Shorts are going to be all over this one. Again, hope I'm wrong.
Agree.  Been burned many times too.  If everyone put in a GTC order at $100...that might help.

I've always been skeptical of small companies that are relying on a discovery.  You might just be paying for scientist to discover something and then quit the company.  They will then start a new company where they are 100% owner already with a discovery in their back pocket.  The stock price can be artificially manipulated in the short term because of small market capitalization.
cydy not relying on a discovery as much successful application of their existing product.

Well, has anyone heard anything about it on any mainstream networks?   I have not.

Probably up but could it really shoot up over 2 bucks 1 second after the market opens?  Are the folks in this thread going to combine to buy a million shares?  🤑
Oh, it could absolutely gap up above $2 per share. t doesn't happen often but stocks can make big leaps (or huge drops) between the previous close and the next open.

U serious about the GTC?
Yes.  Kind of.  Maybe.  The jist is like this in simple terms. Shorts have got to borrow shares from somewhere.  If you put in a sell order, those shares aren't available to short.  Thus if everyone put in a GTC order, shorts would have difficulty waging an assault by short selling shares and weak hands folding.  Shorts can destroy a company - the little OTC stocks are easiest.

Yes.  Kind of.  Maybe.  The jist is like this in simple terms. Shorts have got to borrow shares from somewhere.  If you put in a sell order, those shares aren't available to short.  Thus if everyone put in a GTC order, shorts would have difficulty waging an assault by short selling shares and weak hands folding.  Shorts can destroy a company - the little OTC stocks are easiest.
Good thinking!

Wait...does that mean I don’t get to hold for $200?  😁

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone says "buy at any price" and your shares are the only ones for sales at $100...then you just sold at $100.  Sadly for you...mine are at $99.99 just to frontrun you guys.  Of course this is all hypothetical.  Hopefully this thing gets a gap up and run -$2+ would be amazing.  If on Monday they said we're giving it to 1000 patients on ventilators...and on Friday it was reported 980 were off...then you might see a much bigger run towards $5-$10.  General Malaise is correct.  Shorts are going to be on this like stink on a monkey.

@chet, you should put 1MM shared on the market at $100 GTC 😂

If you are really in this for the long haul, don't you want short interest?  If your thinking is boom or bust, shorts are good for this, no?  This is boom or bust IMO
If you're in it for the long haul you want results, all that will matter.  In the short term we don't want shorts forking with this vulnerable company and killing our confidence in the meantime.  Thats my view.

I'll check the borrow on this tomorrow and report back.  We clear through Jeffries.  

If you are really in this for the long haul, don't you want short interest?  If your thinking is boom or bust, shorts are good for this, no?  This is boom or bust IMO
If the shorts in it now get squeezed, that's the best thing for us current holders.  They may scramble to cover and that is a nice source of upward pressure on price. 

I mentioned a few weeks (or god, I don't know when - what day is it?? -l) back that the number or shares short went from a few hundred thousand to a few million virtually overnight. Think that was early this year.  I doubt they are gone.  If they get squeezed, tomorrow could be fun.

But there will be new shorts coming in. They're circling and will write hit pieces and post them on Twitter and will lambast the CEO and dig up his past.  This stock will be under attack until it proves itself further; preferably soon.

Only long 2000 shares, wish I had more. My boss and our PM are aware of this one and started asking their best contacts about it.  If our firm gets involved one way or another, I'll revert that back here. 

Good luck!  This could be fun.  I mean, you know, I hope this also cures the ####### thing.  I should add that in.  Let's root more for that. Beat this C19

So what’s the net net of this weekends news?

Deaths lower but restrictions through April 30.

stocks up, down or flat?

So what’s the net net of this weekends news?

Deaths lower but restrictions through April 30.

stocks up, down or flat?
Deaths lower????

April 30th??  April 30th is also a huge pipe dream.  How long can Trump realistically keep propping things up with his delusional idiocy?

If the shorts in it now get squeezed, that's the best thing for us current holders.  They may scramble to cover and that is a nice source of upward pressure on price. 

I mentioned a few weeks (or god, I don't know when - what day is it?? -l) back that the number or shares short went from a few hundred thousand to a few million virtually overnight. Think that was early this year.  I doubt they are gone.  If they get squeezed, tomorrow could be fun.

But there will be new shorts coming in. They're circling and will write hit pieces and post them on Twitter and will lambast the CEO and dig up his past.  This stock will be under attack until it proves itself further; preferably soon.

Only long 2000 shares, wish I had more. My boss and our PM are aware of this one and started asking their best contacts about it.  If our firm gets involved one way or another, I'll revert that back here. 

Good luck!  This could be fun.  I mean, you know, I hope this also cures the ####### thing.  I should add that in.  Let's root more for that. Beat this C19
Thanks gb! I’m in with 4100 shares but still setting my alarm before the market to maybe try and buy some more.

I’m having some serious worries about the market.  This thing is going to last longer than people are expecting.  Small businesses are going to drop like flies.  A lot of big companies have major corporate debt issues.    Unemployment is going to continue to soar. Even states are going to have major budget problems.  Commercial real estate is probably going to get crucified.    Our national deficit is soaring.  The more I look at the economic and market land scape moving forward—the more concerns that I have.  Even if this thing gets completely solved in 2 months (and I certainly don’t think that’s anywhere close to a reality)—there are still a ton of headwinds.  I hope I’m wrong and I very well could be.  

I’m having some serious worries about the market.  This thing is going to last longer than people are expecting.  Small businesses are going to drop like flies.  A lot of big companies have major corporate debt issues.    Unemployment is going to continue to soar. Even states are going to have major budget problems.  Commercial real estate is probably going to get crucified.    Our national deficit is soaring.  The more I look at the economic and market land scape moving forward—the more concerns that I have.  Even if this thing gets completely solved in 2 months (and I certainly don’t think that’s anywhere close to a reality)—there are still a ton of headwinds.  I hope I’m wrong and I very well could be.  
I was to told this was all priced in

Well, has anyone heard anything about it on any mainstream networks?   I have not.

Probably up but could it really shoot up over 2 bucks 1 second after the market opens?  Are the folks in this thread going to combine to buy a million shares?  🤑
Hopefully we're not just bidding against ourselves here. 

Dont worry about it. The rich wont let it collapse. Its not in their best interest to have mass chaos. Thats not good for business. As far as the deficit. Its just a number. 24T now. 30T later. 50T  after that.

There are already plenty of stories about companies already renegotiating their leases for commercial real estate.  If tech companies don't get something cheap, they are going to bail. Then you've got startups that aren't going to survive this and office space isn't going to be as much at a premium in the Bay Area.

Three publicly traded companies that have already taken a hit that I think are going to continue to get hurt are JLL, CBRE and CIGI.  

The General said:
Got to think everyone knew this Easter / 2 weeks thing was a pipe dream. 
I agree - I think it’s been semi ok news for most of the weekend so long as you don’t live in NY.

nobody on wall street thought Easter was “real” anyway and saw it for the pandering it was.  I think if you asked most they would have said June 1 as a date to try and realistically think about and that’s what he put out there.  

I think the market trends down to retest bottom based on last week being a huge dead cat bounce off a historic drop with the Fed/govt intervention.

There are already plenty of stories about companies already renegotiating their leases for commercial real estate.  If tech companies don't get something cheap, they are going to bail. Then you've got startups that aren't going to survive this and office space isn't going to be as much at a premium in the Bay Area.

Three publicly traded companies that have already taken a hit that I think are going to continue to get hurt are JLL, CBRE and CIGI.  
Is there a bear ETF on these?  Just curious...  I don't follow any of these companies and I'm not planning to get in on any short actions.  You got me thinking though and it makes sense. 

Is there a bear ETF on these?  Just curious...  I don't follow any of these companies and I'm not planning to get in on any short actions.  You got me thinking though and it makes sense. 
I've just started looking into this too and have only been focusing on specific companies that have a lot of holdings in the Bay Area.

Re: Etfs found these pages though.  I really don't know enough to comment on any specific ETF

https://fknol.com/etf/list/leveraged-reit.php

https://etfdb.com/etfs/inverse/real-estate/

https://etfdailynews.com/news/get-short-commercial-real-estate-with-these-etfs-vnq-rwr-fri-icf/

Not sure about a bear ETF that would be appropriate for this like you are describing but it probably exists

ghostguy123 said:
Deaths lower????

April 30th??  April 30th is also a huge pipe dream.  How long can Trump realistically keep propping things up with his delusional idiocy?

Well, he's been doing it since 2016...

Yup, worst president ever. Although little Bush was a moron too.
Take it to the politics forum please.  The FFA is politics free.  There's a thread there to discuss the market under Trump.  This is the thread where people help other people in the market regardless of political affiliation.

Futures still holding around even.  It's like WS is punting and daring others to make a move first.
Other than enjoying the CYDY run up, I’ve still got a decent cash position. Bunch of stocks I’d love to buy more of from the March 18-23 area. I bought some around the lows but I’d love to push that in and set it/forget it for a few years.

CYDY on pre-market trading up to $1.75

Loaded up on some ABT. Their new CV test looks awesome. I paid about $82 a share

I've just started looking into this too and have only been focusing on specific companies that have a lot of holdings in the Bay Area.

Re: Etfs found these pages though.  I really don't know enough to comment on any specific ETF

https://fknol.com/etf/list/leveraged-reit.php

https://etfdb.com/etfs/inverse/real-estate/

https://etfdailynews.com/news/get-short-commercial-real-estate-with-these-etfs-vnq-rwr-fri-icf/

Not sure about a bear ETF that would be appropriate for this like you are describing but it probably exists
I've been holding LABD for a bit. Its down 25% since I bought it and worth about $15 now. Its a Biotech bear etf.

The bears seem to sweep through the different segments and this one has not been hit yet. I expect it soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread