What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (17 Viewers)

Just asking. You have me curious.  I know nothing about it.
New (ish - like last 5 years or so) medical device company.  Making incredible inroads and on every shelf I see. Interventional (minimally invasive) clot removal from veins.  

The CEO has a magic touch.  If I recall he has sold his last few companies to Medtronic and EV3 and Angiodynamics.

Also - my brilliant vision allowed me to turn down a job offer with them several years ago.  Such a stupid call.

Last edited by a moderator:
New (ish - like last 5 years or so) medical device company.  Making incredible inroads and on every shelf I see. Interventional (minimally invasive) clot removal from veins.  

The CEO has a magic touch.  If I recall he has sold his last few companies to Medtronic and EV3 and Angiodynamics.

Also - my brilliant vision allowed me to turn down a job offer with them several years ago.  Such a stupid call.
This is the description from the IPO.

Inari Medical operates as a medical device company.  The company offers catheter-based technologies for the treatment of venous thromboembolism.  Inari Medical develops solutions that enables the safe removal of large clot volumes from big vessels without the use of thrombotic drugs.

CYDY seems to start high almost every morning and then go lower.  I think next week I'm going to sell my shares right after opening every day and buy back later in the day.  It could net me 1%-2% each day.

Yeah, the 8% spike a 45 minutes ago. Robinhooders activate.
The top 10 list on Robinhood is a who’s who’s of #### dog with fleas stocks save for MSFT, APPL, DIS and CCL. The rest are garbage. No wonder the average retail investor makes less than a 2% average annual return. 

Lousy stock selection and emotional panic selling.

The top 10 list on Robinhood is a who’s who’s of #### dog with fleas stocks save for MSFT, APPL, DIS and CCL. The rest are garbage. No wonder the average retail investor makes less than a 2% average annual return. 

Lousy stock selection and emotional panic selling.
I figure they were all over TLRY yesterday & today.

I have a bit of YUMC (spun out of YUM a while back) and... oof.
My buddy recommended this to me a while ago. He said the Chinese love fried chicken and junk fast food, when he was over there on business travel he couldn't believe how many restaurants had popped up, and they were all packed. You think this 43-44 price is a good entry point?

My buddy recommended this to me a while ago. He said the Chinese love fried chicken and junk fast food, when he was over there on business travel he couldn't believe how many restaurants had popped up, and they were all packed. You think this 43-44 price is a good entry point?
Honestly no idea.  It spun out of YUM, which I do like and bought a while back - I just never sold it because it keeps generally rising.

Except today.  :kicksrock:

I just added QSR to my watch-list the other day. They have Popeye's (and BK, Tim Horton's) and just rolled out some in China and apparently it's been a big hit so far. They want to have 1500 of them there. Decent dividend. Might be worth a look if you're thinking long-term.

Bunch of us we fooling Around with $FEED 10 years ago.  Chinese pig farm.  Huge growth.  Chinese people are starving and huge demand for food sort of story.  

Thing was an accounting fraud nightmare.  

I swore off all Chinese companies ever since.  None of the books can be trusted.  You pulled a stunt like this based out of the USA you would be in jail for life

Honestly no idea.  It spun out of YUM, which I do like and bought a while back - I just never sold it because it keeps generally rising.

Except today.  :kicksrock:
The Chinese love KFC a crazy amount. I actually have a picture buying some of their egg tart in Taipei a couple of years back. It's down based on overall China vs US trade war beef today.

Bunch of us we fooling Around with $FEED 10 years ago.  Chinese pig farm.  Huge growth.  Chinese people are starving and huge demand for food sort of story.  

Thing was an accounting fraud nightmare.  

I swore off all Chinese companies ever since.  None of the books can be trusted.  You pulled a stunt like this based out of the USA you would be in jail for life
Yeah, I never could even bring myself to buy BABA despite everything, just because of that.

Bad study for remdesivir.

CYDY conf call on Tuesday after the close.

#notselling
You know firsthand why I was never a believer in Remdesivir.   I firmly believe that our government endorsed it for only the reason I messaged you about--and not actual medical benefits.   I also read somewhere that Moderna execs sold $30 million in stock after it soared with the run up of their 8 person trial.  I don't know enough about their drug to have an opinion--but that kind of selling from insiders is concerning.  If they had confidence that their drug was truly effective--why sell now when that stock would be bound to soar to the moon if their vaccine truly had promise?

Yeah but was there really a case for buying HTZ before all this?
One thing I am avoiding like the plague are companies I don't believe in at all. I'm sure I've missed some "easy" money, but I work enough that I can't day trade. Unless you are jumping in and out in a day, the last thing I'd want to own is a company that is likely going belly up and hoping there is a pop or something like an airline where I think a lot of business travel will go away. I bought Luckin at 24, so you can still make mistakes thinking that you've got a company that is growing and in a few years will be much higher. I would just rather be in those type of stocks or in a beaten down company like DFS or JPM where they don't appear to be "going out of business" or might file bankruptcy.

My strong hope is they actually have news to share that isn’t just incremental progress. 
There is speculation on the CYDY message boards that they'll announce an uplisting to Nasdaq.  There is probably a 10% chance of that actually happening.  However, the announcement is after hours and it contains a "regulatory development" so maybe.  And they did say a little over a week ago that they could have news on uplisting in a week or two.  It's more likely that they'll update their eIND results which they said they would do by the end of this last week.  They are always a day late and a dollar short.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know firsthand why I was never a believer in Remdesivir.   I firmly believe that our government endorsed it for only the reason I messaged you about--and not actual medical benefits.   I also read somewhere that Moderna execs sold $30 million in stock after it soared with the run up of their 8 person trial.  I don't know enough about their drug to have an opinion--but that kind of selling from insiders is concerning.  If they had confidence that their drug was truly effective--why sell now when that stock would be bound to soar to the moon if their vaccine truly had promise?
Meh - I’m the CFO and I’m supposed to make good financial decisions for my company.  I’ve accumulated over time m ~$2M Worth of stock via options over the past few years, its February of 2020.

I wake up in May and the options are worth ~$20M.  

I’m selling too.  Maybe not every last share but I’m ringing the register big time. 

Meh - I’m the CFO and I’m supposed to make good financial decisions for my company.  I’ve accumulated over time m ~$2M Worth of stock via options over the past few years, its February of 2020.

I wake up in May and the options are worth ~$20M.  

I’m selling too.  Maybe not every last share but I’m ringing the register big time. 
I don’t know man.  If I was the CFO and I am confident that the new drug that my company came up with has a real chance to be one of the major treatments/vaccines for Covid—no way I’d sell now.   I’d wait a few more months and sell when my options are worth two or three times that.   To me selling now looks as though they are expecting that the drug will not be nearly as effective in larger and second/third phase trials.  

Chapter 11 doesn't necessarily mean you're going out of business. AA filed 6 years ago

PG&E filed in Jan and they're up 50% since the crash
Well there is also a difference between going out of business and equity being worth anything. PCG is a bit of an outlier. They probably didn't have to file and in fact got some heat for filing. They just wanted to put a limit on their exposure to the fire so they filed preemptively. The equity there was likely always worth something. AAL is a unique case and I don't know enough about it but seems the exception not the rule.  

HTZ will be a fascinating watch. Their unsecured bonds are trading at $0.12 on the dollar meaning they'd in theory have to return back to $1 before equity gets anything. Uncle Carl being involved could give you a wildcard. But there is a lot of chatter about actual liquidation. My understanding is that holders of the vehicle debt, which didn't want to liquidate a few weeks ago, are now more open to it given the rebound in the used car market. Post said some senior lenders may try to sell all or different profitable parts of the business. So any liquidation or sale likely reduces the option value of the equity. If the thing was trading sub $1 or sub $0.50, it may be worth it since you've seen some short squeezes lately and the equity may bounce around a bit on rumors. But creditors could buy the debt at current values and likely just force a liquidation and get a 2-3x return. 

I don’t know man.  If I was the CFO and I am confident that the new drug that my company came up with has a real chance to be one of the major treatments/vaccines for Covid—no way I’d sell now.   I’d wait a few more months and sell when my options are worth two or three times that.   To me selling now looks as though they are expecting that the drug will not be nearly as effective in larger and second/third phase trials.  
I agree with this.  It's not like the CFO is poor.  He makes a ton with just salary.  And his stock will have decent value even if the the stock plummets.  The only reason to sell stock right now is because he believes that it is a poor investment at the current price.

I agree with this.  It's not like the CFO is poor.  He makes a ton with just salary.  And his stock will have decent value even if the the stock plummets.  The only reason to sell stock right now is because he believes that it is a poor investment at the current price.
It looks like it was an automated trade that was set up in advance which is typical for insiders.  The question it raises for me is — did they somehow rush that news or knowingly push that out there so their trades could go through at maximum profit?  One netted $16m and the other $8m.  

In general, I can’t blame insiders for taking profit even if they think the stock will still go up.  I am guessing many have 50%+ of their wealth tied up in their own company stock.  Ask the Enron folks how that worked out.  This case looks fishy in terms of manipulating timing so they could benefit, IMO, 

They sold $30 million of their own stake then turned around and raised $1.3bn+. I mean you can argue they need that money to scale and $30 million is just a drop in the bucket but not a great look. I do think nobody is going to really be able to monetize any treatments or vaccines. For a CYDY, it may move the needle but less so for a GILD. If I had to guess, MRNA was likely just raising money to fund the rest of their pipeline and that is what you're really getting with MRNA.

Well there is also a difference between going out of business and equity being worth anything. PCG is a bit of an outlier. They probably didn't have to file and in fact got some heat for filing. They just wanted to put a limit on their exposure to the fire so they filed preemptively. The equity there was likely always worth something. AAL is a unique case and I don't know enough about it but seems the exception not the rule.  

HTZ will be a fascinating watch. Their unsecured bonds are trading at $0.12 on the dollar meaning they'd in theory have to return back to $1 before equity gets anything. Uncle Carl being involved could give you a wildcard. But there is a lot of chatter about actual liquidation. My understanding is that holders of the vehicle debt, which didn't want to liquidate a few weeks ago, are now more open to it given the rebound in the used car market. Post said some senior lenders may try to sell all or different profitable parts of the business. So any liquidation or sale likely reduces the option value of the equity. If the thing was trading sub $1 or sub $0.50, it may be worth it since you've seen some short squeezes lately and the equity may bounce around a bit on rumors. But creditors could buy the debt at current values and likely just force a liquidation and get a 2-3x return. 
Quality post, thank you for your well thought out input on the matter.

I will add, there is definitely risk in adding HTZ when I did, but being able to potentially exploit such a radical change in price gives it tremendous short term upside as a trade.

I thought that’s what this place is. 
This is definitely not the CYDY message board.  The CYDY message board contains two types of people.  Those whose only goal is to bash it, often with no backup information and those whose goal is to pump it at all costs.

You can't have any reasonable discussion trying to question anything because if it comes off as the least bit negative, the herd will downvote and call you a short.

Being on one of those message boards and going along with the herd is akin to joining a cult. 

Not worth engaging there but sometimes there is legitimate information posted so still feel like checking in.

Users who are viewing this thread