What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (14 Viewers)

It looks like it was an automated trade that was set up in advance which is typical for insiders.  The question it raises for me is — did they somehow rush that news or knowingly push that out there so their trades could go through at maximum profit?  One netted $16m and the other $8m.  

In general, I can’t blame insiders for taking profit even if they think the stock will still go up.  I am guessing many have 50%+ of their wealth tied up in their own company stock.  Ask the Enron folks how that worked out.  This case looks fishy in terms of manipulating timing so they could benefit, IMO, 
This 100%.

He starred as the CFO of a 2-4B company.  That’s a bigger job than I have but it’s not a “big huge enormous” Fortune 500 type job where he is clocking 3-8M a year.  My guess is it Doesn’t pay 7 figures a year and even if it came close it would be 25% salary and the rest options.  Sure he ain’t broke but my guess is he isn’t a millionaire.  Well guess what, now he is.

Don’t get me wrong - better optics would have been to sell half.  That said he’s selling at least that.  If he didn’t I’d fire him because he’s too stupid to be CFO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cydy holders—please register and listen to the conference call on Tuesday. 

When you register, you will be allowed to ask a question. Please ask something to the effect of, “Why is Dr Patterson not on this call?  Is he still advising you?”

This is definitely not the CYDY message board.  The CYDY message board contains two types of people.  Those whose only goal is to bash it, often with no backup information and those whose goal is to pump it at all costs.

You can't have any reasonable discussion trying to question anything because if it comes off as the least bit negative, the herd will downvote and call you a short.

Being on one of those message boards and going along with the herd is akin to joining a cult. 

Not worth engaging there but sometimes there is legitimate information posted so still feel like checking in.
Yeah, those message boards are the very bottom of the barrel.  They make people who comment on YouTube videos look like members of Mensa by comparison. 

Cydy holders—please register and listen to the conference call on Tuesday. 

When you register, you will be allowed to ask a question. Please ask something to the effect of, “Why is Dr Patterson not on this call?  Is he still advising you?”
This is a bit scary heading into the call -- Why is the person who put forth the research of how well Leronlimab works against Covid-19 not going to be there talking about your trial results of Leronlimab working against Covid-19?  Very easy to spin this as a major negative (he was wrong).   Also, seems like you could spin it as they are going to speak about HIV/Cancer because those are going well and they will offset the bad Covid-19 results. 

I am sure that CYDY will certainly be interesting  during the trading day on Tuesday as the negative spinners battle the positive spinners (uplisting, successful trials).  This call may be an entire episode on the Netflix documentary.

I hope when Q&A ends that we need to ask the question about why Dr. Patterson was not present.

CYDY seems to start high almost every morning and then go lower.  I think next week I'm going to sell my shares right after opening every day and buy back later in the day.  It could net me 1%-2% each day.
Lol. 1% minus full income taxes...until you're wrong and you lose 15%.

RE: CYDY when you have only scraps of information you are free to speculate and draw whatever conclusion fits your outlook, hope, fear or whatever is running you that day.

The CC is being held at 4pm after exchange hours. A change from recent calls: is it significant? Or is it the time that was convenient for everybody to be present?

Dr. Patterson apparently is not going to be on the call. What does that mean? Is he leaving the company? Had a prior commitment? Or wasn't needed?

I think investors like myself are waiting for the spark that sets off the rocket and the waiting is hard.

There is so much optimism on the boards and this usually makes me cautious but I find myself recommending the stock to family members which is atypical and therefore putting my neck out there.

When I tell family members I learned about this pre-revenue stock from this guy on the football message board, I get the LOOK. But regardless, from what I have read about CYDY  I believe in its future and the risk is worth the potential payoff. My only child died from cancer as did my mother and I wish the drug had been available as an option for them.

RE: CYDY when you have only scraps of information you are free to speculate and draw whatever conclusion fits your outlook, hope, fear or whatever is running you that day.

The CC is being held at 4pm after exchange hours. A change from recent calls: is it significant? Or is it the time that was convenient for everybody to be present?

Dr. Patterson apparently is not going to be on the call. What does that mean? Is he leaving the company? Had a prior commitment? Or wasn't needed?

I think investors like myself are waiting for the spark that sets off the rocket and the waiting is hard.

There is so much optimism on the boards and this usually makes me cautious but I find myself recommending the stock to family members which is atypical and therefore putting my neck out there.

When I tell family members I learned about this pre-revenue stock from this guy on the football message board, I get the LOOK. But regardless, from what I have read about CYDY  I believe in its future and the risk is worth the potential payoff. My only child died from cancer as did my mother and I wish the drug had been available as an option for them.
Not expecting much on this call really.

Honestly if the company is not bought out, not sure they can go next level.

Warrior said:
Lol. 1% minus full income taxes...until you're wrong and you lose 15%.
I'm not going to hold CYDY stock for a year so there in no further income tax penalty to selling and buying each day.  I have already sold and re-bought CYDY over 20 times.  I was selling and re-buying CYDY stock before I believed in leronlimab (which I now believe in).  I have profited plenty from CYDY's stock price fluctuations.  I would love for Adam Feuerstein to write another hit piece so that I could sell and then buy again when it bottoms out.  The stock price has been artificially bracketed in a 2 cent range for the last 2 weeks.  But the price has started out high after opening and then dropped almost every day and then fluctuated in the 2 cent range.  I plan to profit on that daily 1%-3% early morning drop.

EDIT: I don't think I'll try this strategy on Tuesday since the stock price might go up during the day in anticipation of Tuesday's after hours announcement

I admit this has nothing to do with CYDY so it may be the wrong thread but does anybody have any funds moving from USAA to Schwab on Tuesday? Any insight if it will drop to an existing account? The Usaa website just directs you to create a new account. I called and spoke with a rep who seemed clueless and wasn’t sure. 

I admit this has nothing to do with CYDY so it may be the wrong thread but does anybody have any funds moving from USAA to Schwab on Tuesday? Any insight if it will drop to an existing account? The Usaa website just directs you to create a new account. I called and spoke with a rep who seemed clueless and wasn’t sure. 
I created a Schwab login last week and supposedly on Tuesday when I use it I should get into my new account. It is not currently active, I assume they make it active Tuesday morning. In theory that is how it is supposed to work.

chet said:
Please ask something to the effect of, “Why is Dr Patterson not on this call?  Is he still advising you?”
Bruce just participated in a symposium on Thursday so it's not like he is missing in action.  His absence in Tuesday's conference call probably just means that the call doesn't have much to do with the science aspects of leronlimab.

EDIT:  Unless you know something that we don't?

Thoughts on the following stock questions/stocks:

Does goodyear stock have any upside with less air travel and more regional family vacations this summer - could mean new tires, more maintenance, but a theory that a few friends of mine have.

Any upside with Exxon?

Which airliners (if you like them) are best to own? Southwest looks interesting because non-domestic.

Any value on DraftKings with sports likely to come back in July? Currently just short of $30, but could that return of live events give this stock a nice boost in the next few months?

TransUnion (TRU) stock? Good position on debt, stock is hovering around $80.00 a share. Any value in them or other credit bureau's?

Does goodyear stock have any upside with less air travel and more regional family vacations this summer - could mean new tires, more maintenance, but a theory that a few friends of mine have.

Any upside with Exxon?

Which airliners (if you like them) are best to own? Southwest looks interesting because non-domestic.

Any value on DraftKings with sports likely to come back in July? Currently just short of $30, but could that return of live events give this stock a nice boost in the next few months?

TransUnion (TRU) stock? Good position on debt, stock is hovering around $80.00 a share. Any value in them or other credit bureau's?
Bought DKNG @ 24.77 on 5/7/20.

17 days later, it's up 17.5%.

I think there's more upside to come.

Just my amateur opinion.

Any upside with Exxon?

Out of the stuff you mention--I like draftkings the best.   I do think that Exxon could be a good long term investment.   I don't personally like the Goodyear play a ton.  I don't think that the regional family traveling will make up for the flood of working from home that will probably be huge the rest of this year and could bleed to be a more permanent dynamic.  At $80 per share on trans union---I'm pretty neutral on that.   It probably has room to go up--but if I wanted to purchase a stock in that $60-80/share price point---I'd probably lean towards a stock like Intel.   I think the transition to a more electronic and digitally based world just got accelerated exponentially with covid--and I don't think we or the world are anywhere near out of the woods on it yet.  The US is largely acting like Covid is over but the reality it is that it is nowhere close to being over and I still think big tech has plenty of room to rise. 

Out of the stuff you mention--I like draftkings the best.   I do think that Exxon could be a good long term investment.   I don't personally like the Goodyear play a ton.  I don't think that the regional family traveling will make up for the flood of working from home that will probably be huge the rest of this year and could bleed to be a more permanent dynamic.  At $80 per share on trans union---I'm pretty neutral on that.   It probably has room to go up--but if I wanted to purchase a stock in that $60-80/share price point---I'd probably lean towards a stock like Intel.   I think the transition to a more electronic and digitally based world just got accelerated exponentially with covid--and I don't think we or the world are anywhere near out of the woods on it yet.  The US is largely acting like Covid is over but the reality it is that it is nowhere close to being over and I still think big tech has plenty of room to rise. 
I know it’s been said here before as well, but don’t ever let stock price make a decisions. If Intel split 8 times then it may be a lower share price. The important thing is knowing how much you want to invest, $500, $5000, etc. and then how much price increase you think you’ll get. The number of shares you have is meaningless if you think Intel goes up 20% and Fred’s stores goes up 30%. Knowing Fred’s is $300 a share and Intel is $60 a share is meaningless. You have $5k in each so Intel makes you $1k and Fred’s makes you $1500.

I know it’s been said here before as well, but don’t ever let stock price make a decisions. If Intel split 8 times then it may be a lower share price. The important thing is knowing how much you want to invest, $500, $5000, etc. and then how much price increase you think you’ll get. The number of shares you have is meaningless if you think Intel goes up 20% and Fred’s stores goes up 30%. Knowing Fred’s is $300 a share and Intel is $60 a share is meaningless. You have $5k in each so Intel makes you $1k and Fred’s makes you $1500.
I totally agree with that--and I don't think I said otherwise.  In big tech--I love amazon--but it's hard to recommend a $2400 stock to a person that was asking about an $80 stock.  I don't know what his budget is--and being that I like big tech---I gave my input on a big tech stock that was around the same price as the stock he was asking about. 

I’m interested in draft kings but I dunno. Feels like I already missed the jump. 
It's all about risk vs reward.   If you look at how thirsty our country is for sports--it's insane.  Look at how successful "The Last Dance" was--look at how many people followed the Ferguson vs Gaethje fight..etc.  I got back into sports cards a few years back--and most people in the hobby felt like the market for them would fall like a rock due to the pandemic--and it actually did the opposite--it skyrocketed it.  Sports fans went from spending their time and money on the actual events to spending their time and money on buying really expensive packs and boxes of cards.   Even with fan-less sports--people will rush back to gamble and play fantasy. Less time socializing in person will mean they will have more time and money to spend electronically--which plays into Draft kings platform. I said it earlier--if sports comes back soon-- the customer acquisition cost for Draft kings will be insanely low.   Any potential competitors will have to spend a lot more money to get their names and platforms to the level that Draft kings is at. 

The risks would be if there are setbacks with sports returning.   That is a possiblity that cannot be ignored.   The other risk could be if there was another cheating scandal with Draft Kings.   If you personally are of the belief that sports is going to return soon--and you are confident that Draft Kings has their ducks in a row in regards to avoiding any sort of scandals/cheating/indiscretions---then I think there is no reason why the stock cannot go up significantly higher from where it is now.   If you do think that there will be setbacks in the return of sports--and your confidence level is not very high in regards to Draft Kings maintaining a relatively good reputation in regards to the fairness of their gaming---you probably should sit on the sidelines.   

I’m going to get back into CDW on Tuesday, maybe 1/3 a position. They just execute and I’m willing to bet they’ve been aggressively hitting up their clients on WFH strategies. Still the only big (although a midcap) fish in their particular pond. I just love the company. 

I totally agree with that--and I don't think I said otherwise.  In big tech--I love amazon--but it's hard to recommend a $2400 stock to a person that was asking about an $80 stock.  I don't know what his budget is--and being that I like big tech---I gave my input on a big tech stock that was around the same price as the stock he was asking about. 
If Intel is your favorite stock then you didn’t. If it isn’t then you did what I don’t think matters. I’d never recommend based on price range. Amazon is a tiny exception because you could exceed that budget but I’d assume any share price $500 or under would be in budget for anyone. Most investors won’t care about any price. I bought some SHOP during the bottom at a little above $300. It’s around $800 now. I wouldn’t recommend it as much now.

I’ve had some friends that I know are well off ask me for stock advice and I’m like how about amazon! and they’re like well my budget is 800 dollars and I’m like ok well how about some bloomin onion lol

Thinking of moving my Roth from a broad market approach to ten-fifteen buy and hold companies.  Stuff that I'm probably going to hold for the next decade (might not, but that's the plan going in). The idea isn't to necessarily try to hit all home runs, but just own good companies which should beat the market. Fwiw, my Roth IRA is less than 10% of our investments, the rest is a total market approach.

This basket so far is tech heavy. Maybe heavier than I want it to be, trying to decide that right now. 

3M
Amazon
BABA
CYDY
Discover
Disney
Google
Home Depot
Microsoft
Sea unlimited
Teledoc
Tesla

And then add SBIO, and QCLN - ETFs which I've held for a while already and want to keep. 

Thoughts? I'm okay risking losing a bit to the market, with the potential to beat it. 

Thinking of moving my Roth from a broad market approach to ten-fifteen buy and hold companies.  Stuff that I'm probably going to hold for the next decade (might not, but that's the plan going in). The idea isn't to necessarily try to hit all home runs, but just own good companies which should beat the market. Fwiw, my Roth IRA is less than 10% of our investments, the rest is a total market approach.

This basket so far is tech heavy. Maybe heavier than I want it to be, trying to decide that right now. 

3M
Amazon
BABA
CYDY
Discover
Disney
Google
Home Depot
Microsoft
Sea unlimited
Teledoc
Tesla

And then add SBIO, and QCLN - ETFs which I've held for a while already and want to keep. 

Thoughts? I'm okay risking losing a bit to the market, with the potential to beat it. 
In general I love this list.  Baba is the only one that I have some hesitation on.  Maybe add some precious metals or even a gold miner in place of some of Baba just as an insurance policy?  

In general I love this list.  Baba is the only one that I have some hesitation on.  Maybe add some precious metals or even a gold miner in place of some of Baba just as an insurance policy?  
Yeah, BABA is the wildcard. Could be great, could sink.

-OZ- said:

3M
Amazon
BABA
CYDY
Discover
Disney
Google
Home Depot
Microsoft
Sea unlimited
Teledoc
Tesla

i would add SBUX

Capella said:
I’m interested in draft kings but I dunno. Feels like I already missed the jump. 
I did buy 17 shares at about $20.20 a few weeks back, but haven't invested in any since. I would like to add more in June and ahead of sports re-opening. I do think even at $30.00, it could be a $35.00+ stock by July, but what happens from there will tough to predict (i.e. any issues with players getting sick could shut down one or all leagues).

jvdesigns2002 said:
Goodyear would be more of a cheap play, but I appreciate the points on the WFH impact on driving.

jvdesigns2002 said:
Yeah, I definitely don't have the budget to add Amazon stock right now. I have invested around ~16K in stocks this year. My timing wasn't the best. I bought quite a few stocks in January and February at their high's, I have since evened some of that out with purchases in April/May. Overall, I'm slightly under, but not shocking given what happened with the market and not far off from actually beginning to make profits.

I guess I could have invested in Amazon, but would prefer to spread my stocks so have been in Disney, Boeing, United, Draftkings, Uber, and Target. 

Looking to keep adding to the ones I currently own, but always exploring new ideas - like GoodYear, Exxon and others that people talk about on here.

Yeah, I definitely don't have the budget to add Amazon stock right now. I have invested around ~16K in stocks this year. My timing wasn't the best. I bought quite a few stocks in January and February at their high's, I have since evened some of that out with purchases in April/May. Overall, I'm slightly under, but not shocking given what happened with the market and not far off from actually beginning to make profits.

I guess I could have invested in Amazon, but would prefer to spread my stocks so have been in Disney, Boeing, United, Draftkings, Uber, and Target. 

Looking to keep adding to the ones I currently own, but always exploring new ideas - like GoodYear, Exxon and others that people talk about on here.
That's another advantage of accounts where you can buy partial shares. 

That's another advantage of accounts where you can buy partial shares. 
Thanks for posting this, didn’t realize buying fractional shares was even something that could be done outside of a mutual fund. Looks like this can be done in the Fidelity app.

Thanks for posting this, didn’t realize buying fractional shares was even something that could be done outside of a mutual fund. Looks like this can be done in the Fidelity app.
Fidelity, M1, Robin hood... I'd assume pretty soon every broker will do partial shares.  CYDY can't go partial, at least in Fidelity, probably because it's OTC. (I'm guessing)

Weekend Wall Street shows the S&P up over ~35 points to the mid 299x.

hopefully Stonks open big tomorrow am.
I didn’t know futures ran in the morning when the market is closed but yea, today had the makings of a big day. Sucks. Let me sip this beer and eat these burgers while making ca$h. 

How long do phase 2b/3 trials take? I’m interested in what Novant Health finds. Has UCLA expanded? Otto is the bright light. 
Supposedly they should have the trial filled by end of month. They have expanded it to try and get quicker enrollment to other hospitals outside of Novant Health.  They say they will start reporting results mid June.  Knowing that they are usually aggressive with their timing, won't be surprised if we don't get results until July.

Users who are viewing this thread