What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (6 Viewers)

I'm just putting this out there and I can't say this is a miracle investment, but just in case there is interest. OTC Pharma again... I had mentioned it once before, but I wasn't sure it was worth anything.

A friend recommended NWBO a few months ago and I chunked some change into it. The last two weeks it has taken off. I am just now actually doing research(reading message boards) and there seems to be some excitement.

Dare I say CYDY type excitement from June. 

Cancer treatment that may work on all solid mass tumors seems out there... It is going up with no news as they wait for data lock or unblinding. Very speculative, but just mentioning in case anyone has dealt with this one.
Locked data. Doubled in one week. Good call. Lottery ticket looks good right now.

Locked data. Doubled in one week. Good call. Lottery ticket looks good right now.
How long before the data comes out? Is there still time to throw a few bones at it. Also, that lock was on 10/5, what’s with the blow up today? Weird that it never really moved until a week later. 

stbugs said:
How long before the data comes out? Is there still time to throw a few bones at it. Also, that lock was on 10/5, what’s with the blow up today? Weird that it never really moved until a week later. 
How long does any data lock come out? Just saying that this has performed well as an OTC similar to CYDY hype as the OP stated. This may be a good day trade until the data is unlocked and results are exposed. Just another lottery ticket in the small pharma field but double in a week is showing a pattern since this was mentioned. Just giving props on a suggestion that has made profits.

stbugs said:
Nah, reads like the same story. It’s almost funny how similar everything is outside of the CEO. The only thing that would worry me for HGEN is that their current big trial is tied to Remdesivir. If the latter keeps getting bad news like WHO, then being in a combined trial wouldn’t seem to be as good as a solo one, right?
See for me, a CEO saying they were going to uplist to Nasdaq, doing a 5-1 reverse split, and then getting uplisted to Nasdaq is way more inspiring than a CEO who keeps saying that an uplist is coming. But as they say, your mileage may vary. 

Last edited by a moderator:
See for me, a CEO saying they were going to uplist to Nasdaq, doing a 5-1 reverse split, and then getting uplisted to Nasdaq is way more inspiring than a CEO who keeps saying that an uplist is coming. But as they say, your mileage may vary. 
That’s what I meant by the difference being the CEO. I was in on CYDY before CV so I remember all the PRs/investor biases, etc. and I’ve noticed a lot of the same things being said. I’m just sitting and hoping something works at this point. Don’t think I want to play that game again.

How long does any data lock come out? Just saying that this has performed well as an OTC similar to CYDY hype as the OP stated. This may be a good day trade until the data is unlocked and results are exposed. Just another lottery ticket in the small pharma field but double in a week is showing a pattern since this was mentioned. Just giving props on a suggestion that has made profits.
Not saying anything about giving props. Purely asking if you knew anything about it and why it went up the past two days when the news was last week. I was thinking about throwing a couple bucks at it wondering if it still had legs.

Damn, shut out again on IPOs again. Array Technologies had a real nice pop yesterday and Praxis Precision Medicines probably will this morning. Both bumped up the price above their range and increased shares.

Seems like I have to get lucky (like LSF), but so far I haven’t gotten any shares on anything that priced above their range. Pretty sure LSF priced right at the top of theirs and didn’t increase shares. I only got half the shares I requested on that one too. Definitely need to be on the inner circle if the demand is high enough to price over the range. I liked both of the ones above so too bad I didn’t get any. I even put in for 4 lots (400 @BassNBrew, not 4 shares ;)  ) for Array hoping that the AI might say hey, I’ll give the chump 25% of his request to spread it around.

Still working hard to figure it out. I do think Fidelity is at the back of the line, but I’m not special (don’t make Fidelity a ton of revenue mentioned in their IPO blurbs) even if I switched over to someone else. Big fan of SPACs over IPOs. If you want to take a chance you just buy shares.

Still working hard to figure it out. I do think Fidelity is at the back of the line, but I’m not special (don’t make Fidelity a ton of revenue mentioned in their IPO blurbs) even if I switched over to someone else. Big fan of SPACs over IPOs. If you want to take a chance you just buy shares.
Fidelity being in the back of the line is better than TD not even being in line.  When I check their IPO section there is never anything in it. 

By the way, today is the day that FMCI switches over to TTCF. I noticed in my account that the FMCI symbol is gone and it’s some set of numbers. I assume it’ll change at some point. I really hope that doesn’t trigger some sort of sale because that would be short term gains. I don’t think it will because it’s not like they were acquired, it’s just a symbol change. We’ll see. If it does trigger a transaction, I’ll let everyone know because then tax deferred accounts would be the best place for SPACs as they are very likely not over a year before merging.

Fidelity being in the back of the line is better than TD not even being in line.  When I check their IPO section there is never anything in it. 
Yep, I’ve made money so far. Lost about $150 on PTIV, up about $500 on ASO/IMNM and up $2400 on LSF. Only have to hold for 15 days to keep participating but still planning to hold all three for a while. LSF is in the same alternative/healthy foods like FMCI/TTCF so similar to holding BYND without the much higher multiples.

Anyone have any thoughts on Shift. Apparently it’s an online used car dealer. Do we just hold these SPAC conversions until the first earnings announcement to see what we ended up with?

I imagine your portfolio like an Amazon Warehouse.  Shares everywhere and some stocks most of us never heard of.  But without the scan codes and robots.  

Or like my shop.  I know it's here somewhere.  Let me just move these 20 boxes...
I’m perplexed at how he found them. I only use Fidelity, but I’d think they’d show you total shares no matter which brokerage you used. Now I’m picturing many accounts opened, even for the dog, just to get the bonuses.

By the way, today is the day that FMCI switches over to TTCF. I noticed in my account that the FMCI symbol is gone and it’s some set of numbers. I assume it’ll change at some point. I really hope that doesn’t trigger some sort of sale because that would be short term gains. I don’t think it will because it’s not like they were acquired, it’s just a symbol change. We’ll see. If it does trigger a transaction, I’ll let everyone know because then tax deferred accounts would be the best place for SPACs as they are very likely not over a year before merging.
It’s like it doesn’t even exist on the market 

The ticker change to a numerical name during the conversion makes sense.  I've had it happen to other stocks before (pennies, not SPACs).  Old ticker > numerical > new ticker.   It never triggered any sales or taxable transactions.  

I’m perplexed at how he found them. I only use Fidelity, but I’d think they’d show you total shares no matter which brokerage you used. Now I’m picturing many accounts opened, even for the dog, just to get the bonuses.
I was reviewing my orders and noticed they had triggered. Thought I had set them up to cover all shares. Apparently I bought more shares on the drop as I saw a bigger number than expected there

stbugs said:
Rumor is top line data announcement will be made by end of October.

I don't understand all of it, but from what I have read the primary endpoint for the latest phase 3 test was changed and it is expected to easily meet that goal.

They already have production agreements and facilities in the US and UK/EU.

Their drug, DC-Vax, could potentially be used on all tumors.

Now for the crazy. Much like the CYDY... The long holders expect this to get to the 10's soon and longer term into the 100's. It also gets the AF hit pieces and there seems to be occasional manipulation.

Rumor is top line data announcement will be made by end of October.

I don't understand all of it, but from what I have read the primary endpoint for the latest phase 3 test was changed and it is expected to easily meet that goal.

They already have production agreements and facilities in the US and UK/EU.

Their drug, DC-Vax, could potentially be used on all tumors.

Now for the crazy. Much like the CYDY... The long holders expect this to get to the 10's soon and longer term into the 100's. It also gets the AF hit pieces and there seems to be occasional manipulation.
Thanks. Now the question is do I really want to get in on this again? Lol.

I ended up buying another 5000 shares the other day. My total investment right now is $79.50.

:lol:
I buy a bunch of shares of a bunch of random ex-runners to let them just sit there in case they randomly catch one day.  It's actually worked out a few times with stuff like GRNQ and another I can't remember where I'd wake up and randomly have like $5,000 extra in my account and have to go through and find which one had popped.

This morning I woke up and saw something I had 5000 shares of was up 42% and I thought I'd hit another one.  My account balance hadn't moved much so I was thinking man CYDY must have hit $2 today to counterbalance that move or something but then I opened my positions and saw it was my 5000 shares worth $42 that had blown up.  Whoops.

Damn, shut out again on IPOs again. Array Technologies had a real nice pop yesterday and Praxis Precision Medicines probably will this morning. Both bumped up the price above their range and increased shares.

Seems like I have to get lucky (like LSF), but so far I haven’t gotten any shares on anything that priced above their range. Pretty sure LSF priced right at the top of theirs and didn’t increase shares. I only got half the shares I requested on that one too. Definitely need to be on the inner circle if the demand is high enough to price over the range. I liked both of the ones above so too bad I didn’t get any. I even put in for 4 lots (400 @BassNBrew, not 4 shares ;)  ) for Array hoping that the AI might say hey, I’ll give the chump 25% of his request to spread it around.

Great call on PRAX it has been pretty much straight up since opening up to us plebs.

Great call on PRAX it has been pretty much straight up since opening up to us plebs.
Would have been nice to get either of them. Oh well, still really happy I got LSF. It’s up 25% for the plebs but went from $22 to $39 at opening. Shockingly the best open I’ve seen besides SNOW (from IPO price) and I’m pretty certain LSF priced at the high end of the range, not above. The ones that price higher than the range will always pop because they only do that if there’s way more demand.

DraftKings slipped under 44.

Did someone mention something about share dilution coming up sometime soon?
There was this from Oct 5.  

I'd assume Rosenblatt and Credit Suisse were well aware of this prior to their price targets.  

10/14: *DraftKing shares are trading lower potentially after 5 company directors disclosed the sale of roughly 15.4 million shares of common stock earlier on Wednesday.

10/13: *DraftKings shares are trading higher after Rosenblatt maintained a Buy rating on the stock and raised its price target from $60 to $65.

10/12: *DraftKings shares are trading higher after Credit Suisse initiated coverage on the stock with an Outperform rating and a $76 price target.

stbugs said:
Nah, reads like the same story. It’s almost funny how similar everything is outside of the CEO. The only thing that would worry me for HGEN is that their current big trial is tied to Remdesivir. If the latter keeps getting bad news like WHO, then being in a combined trial wouldn’t seem to be as good as a solo one, right?
It doesn't seem like Remdesivir is going anywhere though.  They are in.  It may get dialed into its best use cases and also combine with other drugs but its not going away completely.  Will HGEN help to bolster remdesivir, hopefully, and that's what you bank on here.

I'm still waiting to add. If the NFL can't keep it together, we'll have a pretty big dead period for sports.
Very true.  I think short term I'll need some patience.  I'm also prepared to continue buying DKNG if/as it drops and hold for a while.  With them offering more shares I'm not too worried LT since I do trust management to be smart and continue to build.      

Users who are viewing this thread