What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (2 Viewers)

I've definitely been disappointed by EVFM performance to date but still optimistic about the future.  I've bought at 4 different intervals, averaging down.  So far, not so good but hoping the new ad campaign helps with awareness and sales.

I like the ad FWIW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60AQGhHunr8

I wish FBG would implement a policy that anyone who suggests a small biotech or pharma stock gets an automatic one year ban.

You aren’t living if you aren’t gambling 
Not so sure about that although, I guess I’m probably more aggressive than most.

I think the gambling going on now will end very badly for a lot of people. Small biotechs, alt-crypto and meme stocks. There’s going to be a lot of losers there, likely in the 95-99% range. I could see some crypto coming through but if they do it’ll likely be to the detriment of some of the top cryptos.

UUUU/UUUU+ has been on a huge rebound this past month.  Getting back up to 52 highs.  I got greedy and didn't trim enough the last time it ran up to these levels.   

There's a cocaine stock and I haven't been playing it!?
Yeah but don't say anything.  I have maybe a million or a lot more shares than you will ever have of CYDY but don't tell anybody, I am just here to tell you that this is life-changing and it's a WONDERFUL drug.  Trust me.  Great drug.  My friends have used it and I can tell you it works.  Great drug.  Fantastic for covid, btw.  It's a drug everyone should own.

Sold some PLTR this morning and bought some MNDY.  Growing at a 200+% clip.

ETA: Whew!  Just under the wire with a small SaaS company instead of a biotech.   :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold some PLTR this morning and bought some MNDY.  Growing at a 200+% clip.
I've got it on my watchlist, but I don't think it's really growing that fast. Seems like the last quarter was 94%. Still great growth. P/S is over 50 to 60 based on 2021 revenue, so not cheap.

I'm big in tech and definitely taking a hit today, so might be able to get in cheaper if you take a phased approach. I have some PLTR too, are you not liking them or divesting some to diversify?

@McBokonon What's going on with INMD? I've got a 1/3 share at $106 and would like to add. Seems like a decent day to do so, but any news that I don't see?

@McBokonon What's going on with INMD? I've got a 1/3 share at $106 and would like to add. Seems like a decent day to do so, but any news that I don't see?
I'm calling it the @Bob Sacamano top. But there's no news that I see, either. I added a little. Growth is coming down hard today and INMD ran pretty hot, so maybe it's just coming down a little harder as a result.

I'm big in tech and definitely taking a hit today, so might be able to get in cheaper if you take a phased approach. I have some PLTR too, are you not liking them or divesting some to diversify?
I got put some PLTR a bit back and have waited patiently and got myself a 20% gain or so - PLTR has been vacillating between 21 and 26 lately .  I still have a bunch in another account, just rang the register to make room for MNDY.

Saul (best growth investing board I've ever seen) just bought MNDY, so I'm in.

I'm calling it the @Bob Sacamano top. But there's no news that I see, either. I added a little. Growth is coming down hard today and INMD ran pretty hot, so maybe it's just coming down a little harder as a result.
Yep, missed it below $120, damn work. FLGT looks good and I'll watch INMD as these rallies after drops sometimes drop again. Less meetings this afternoon.

Copied from one of our PMs who puts out a daily report on sectors/stocks we care about...

Reddit's Wall Street Bets Traders Go Nuclear -- Shares of uranium mining companies are surging as retail traders from Reddit's Wall Street Bets forum focus their energies on the sharply rallying radioactive metal.  Canada's Cameco Corp. has become the third most discussed company on Wall Street Bets after tech giants Apple Inc. and Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., according to SwaggyStocks, a website that tracks mentions of a company's ticker symbol on the trading forum.  Recent posts on Wall Street Bets have put forward bullish arguments in favor of uranium prices and uranium mining stocks, complete with the forum's typical mix of uranium-related memes and humor.

Copied from one of our PMs who puts out a daily report on sectors/stocks we care about...

Reddit's Wall Street Bets Traders Go Nuclear -- Shares of uranium mining companies are surging as retail traders from Reddit's Wall Street Bets forum focus their energies on the sharply rallying radioactive metal.  Canada's Cameco Corp. has become the third most discussed company on Wall Street Bets after tech giants Apple Inc. and Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., according to SwaggyStocks, a website that tracks mentions of a company's ticker symbol on the trading forum.  Recent posts on Wall Street Bets have put forward bullish arguments in favor of uranium prices and uranium mining stocks, complete with the forum's typical mix of uranium-related memes and humor.

The wave is starting.  Only question is how long to ride it before it crests.

I sold all my UUUU+ (9/20 warrants) for 100%+.  I have UUUU too and wasn't planning on converting those warrants.  Wasn't really sure what would happen to them after 9/20 either.  I'll continue the ride the UUUU shares.  

Grabbed another 1/3 as it dipped below $120 again. Sold DNMR for it. Glad I grabbed DOCN on Friday after selling something else. Got up to 1/2 share and it’s done well. Just like GLBE, these will bounce around for a while to finish up positions.

Grabbed another 1/3 as it dipped below $120 again. Sold DNMR for it. Glad I grabbed DOCN on Friday after selling something else. Got up to 1/2 share and it’s done well. Just like GLBE, these will bounce around for a while to finish up positions.
DOCN is really gaining steam. I added Friday, I'm about 80% there for how much I want.

We are really into a new era of trading.

LOL at a PR mentioning SwaggyStocks and WallStreetBets

The wave is starting.  Only question is how long to ride it before it crests.
Uranium was going to rebound at some point, but it was supposed to happen organically.  This sort of run isn't sustainable because inevitably, supply will come back and the spot price will come under pressure.  Today's spot price of $42 could be a distant memory by next week and if it cracks $50 then all the little crappy junior miners and exploration companies will go bananas and try to flood the spot market with anything they have in inventory and yet again, supply will put a wet blanket on this party.  

But what will the stocks do?  I don't know how to handicap this Reddit madness.  Insiders we talk to have never been so happy, but the ones who have been around forever have seen plenty of crazy chapters and the one we respect the most is still leery that this will be anything more than a temporary craze.  The world is NOT running out of uranium.  The Kazakhs will race to turn production back on at these levels and they don't mess around. 

Uranium was going to rebound at some point, but it was supposed to happen organically.  This sort of run isn't sustainable because inevitably, supply will come back and the spot price will come under pressure.  Today's spot price of $42 could be a distant memory by next week and if it cracks $50 then all the little crappy junior miners and exploration companies will go bananas and try to flood the spot market with anything they have in inventory and yet again, supply will put a wet blanket on this party.  

But what will the stocks do?  I don't know how to handicap this Reddit madness.  Insiders we talk to have never been so happy, but the ones who have been around forever have seen plenty of crazy chapters and the one we respect the most is still leery that this will be anything more than a temporary craze.  The world is NOT running out of uranium.  The Kazakhs will race to turn production back on at these levels and they don't mess around. 
I don't have the connections you do, but generally came up to the same conclusion.  This isn't rhodium.  Uranium supply is all over the place.  

My goal here is to hang onto the wave and capture a decent hunk of it.  I'm not under any misconception that I'll still be in these 6 months from now (I bought these in a Roth as I anticipated this).  The question is when to jump off the train.

I don't have the connections you do, but generally came up to the same conclusion.  This isn't rhodium.  Uranium supply is all over the place.  

My goal here is to hang onto the wave and capture a decent hunk of it.  I'm not under any misconception that I'll still be in these 6 months from now (I bought these in a Roth as I anticipated this).  The question is when to jump off the train.

You have the right idea.  I'm not very big in this because I probably missed the first, big leg up and I've been burned so badly from uranium and related equities since 2008 that I'm loathe to go big again.  This is a commodity that had a spot price in the 20s for nearly 10 years post Fukushima.  So this is remarkable in it's velocity to the upside and insiders who have been despondent for so long are suddenly buying second homes and shining their dancing shoes.  

UUUU is my best in breed play but I've been in this for at least a year, before the meme craze.  URG is trash and run by a Qanon quack but it's got uranium to mine and has been around for ages.  Used them before to make a quick buck. 

Sprott Uranium is the closest thing to an ETF and the one Reddit is making the sweetest love to; Sprott took over the Uranium Participation Fund and they are out there out loud buying physical.  

Cameco (CCJ) is the world's top miner of uranium and they have had a huge run up.  If you buy the bull case, this would be the one institutions would gobble up and they can be very late to parties.  

I might sell some other stocks tomorrow to take a bigger U position.  I will share whatever I hear in here from the steady stream of info we get.  Good and bad.  I'm skeptical but I'm also a guy who benefited greatly from the 2004-2007 run in U.  Also a guy burned badly in the aftermath.  

Buy yellow powder, GB
Actually, I was thinking about GOLD  :bag:

But also LIT and FCX. Some rube on CNBC said that to meet just the UK's electric-car targets would require 50% of the world's current lithium output, and 25% of its copper. Obviously hilarious, but underlines the tailwind both metals have.

You have the right idea.  I'm not very big in this because I probably missed the first, big leg up and I've been burned so badly from uranium and related equities since 2008 that I'm loathe to go big again.  This is a commodity that had a spot price in the 20s for nearly 10 years post Fukushima.  So this is remarkable in it's velocity to the upside and insiders who have been despondent for so long are suddenly buying second homes and shining their dancing shoes.  

UUUU is my best in breed play but I've been in this for at least a year, before the meme craze.  URG is trash and run by a Qanon quack but it's got uranium to mine and has been around for ages.  Used them before to make a quick buck. 

Sprott Uranium is the closest thing to an ETF and the one Reddit is making the sweetest love to; Sprott took over the Uranium Participation Fund and they are out there out loud buying physical.  

Cameco (CCJ) is the world's top miner of uranium and they have had a huge run up.  If you buy the bull case, this would be the one institutions would gobble up and they can be very late to parties.  

I might sell some other stocks tomorrow to take a bigger U position.  I will share whatever I hear in here from the steady stream of info we get.  Good and bad.  I'm skeptical but I'm also a guy who benefited greatly from the 2004-2007 run in U.  Also a guy burned badly in the aftermath.  
Bought a bigger hunk of SRUUF than URG, but both are pretty small, all told.  Got into SRUUF only a week after inception (or at least when I could access it), so hopefully not too late.  IMO, the mania is only beginning there and has some legs.

And I don't know if you missed the first big leg up - most of these plays have doubled in the last year, but many, many companies have on the heels of the crash.

I'm hoping to make a quick killing and feed it into something responsible, like GME.

Bought a bigger hunk of SRUUF than URG, but both are pretty small, all told.  Got into SRUUF only a week after inception (or at least when I could access it), so hopefully not too late.  IMO, the mania is only beginning there and has some legs.

And I don't know if you missed the first big leg up - most of these plays have doubled in the last year, but many, many companies have on the heels of the crash.

I'm hoping to make a quick killing and feed it into something responsible, like GME.

Forget GME.......have you ever heard of a little company called CytoDyn?

General Malaise said:

What in the actual hell? I went to Vegas and woke up in 2010? Where's the link to LABS? Can I buy Uranium One again? If I agree not to sell to the russkies (again)?

What in the actual hell? I went to Vegas and woke up in 2010? Where's the link to LABS? Can I buy Uranium One again? If I agree not to sell to the russkies (again)?
We're on the same page GB.  <_<

We know what happens next.

I of course want everyone here to make money but our hot tub time machine tells us to sell like crazy right now doesn't it?

DOCN is really gaining steam. I added Friday, I'm about 80% there for how much I want.
Grabbing another 1/3 of INMD at a discount yesterday was nice. Still at 10% cash right now including some stock I was planning to sell. Watching for these kind of dips to finish out some other stocks.

I did also add a little more FLGT yesterday too. In the 80s is not bad. I wouldn’t mind a dip back in the 70s again. I like them long term but I think Q3/Q4 CV testing will pop more than the lowered estimates from Q2.

U story on CNBC. 

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS I'm rooting for you guys.  Like Bobby Sac I went from up a small fortune to down a small fortune after someone spilled the Chernobly in the hot tub. 

Still, this is nothing compared to the loss of life and countless environmental disasters including the set back of clean energy after Fukushima.  

It's not my place and I'll shut my big mouth now. 

ETA. re: bolded. Also that turkeys COULDN'T fly.  At university I was in a heated argument with a new friend about this and of course cited WKRP as proof.   This city boy never felt so dumb. :bag:

U story on CNBC. 

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS I'm rooting for you guys.  Like Bobby Sac I went from up a small fortune to down a small fortune after someone spilled the Chernobly in the hot tub. 

Still, this is nothing compared to the loss of life and countless environmental disasters including the set back of clean energy after Fukushima.  

It's not my place and I'll shut my big mouth now. 

ETA. re: bolded. Also that turkeys COULDN'T fly.  At university I was in a heated argument with a new friend about this and of course cited WKRP as proof.   This city boy never felt so dumb. :bag:
Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't again. I'm just that stupid.

It was really just the dejavu, "wait, didn't we do this already" and feeling compelled to drop a U1 joke.

In fact, I STILL own some UEXCF (near 52 week high!) that's worth half what it was when it was a #### show back then.

Don't judge me. 

Users who are viewing this thread