What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

Commenting on the results, Ming Hsieh, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are off to a strong start in 2023, with strength in our core genetics business across our three main areas – precision diagnostics, anatomic pathology, and pharma services. We are encouraged by the early interest in our expanded carrier screening through Beacon787. In our therapeutics business, we look forward to sharing Phase 1b data next month at the American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting for our lead drug candidate, FID-007, in various cancers, and furthering this clinical program.”

Paul Kim, Chief Financial Officer, added, “We are raising our guidance for the year due to our outperformance in the first quarter. While we are still not guiding to COVID-19 revenue, we are pleased with our results in the core business and continue to see financial strength. Our cash position continues to afford us the flexibility to be opportunistic and strategic in building a sustainable business for the long-term.”

I appreciate their prudence. I know some shareholders want a buyback or a dividend or something but I’m glad they’re just being patient. Great quarter and call.

Still 40% underwater on FLGT, and I don't think we're closing the gap in the near term. I think this is my only cash-raising opportunity, and will bring me from roughly 6% to 13% cash.

We need an overview/analysis on what's up with UWMC. Forget the dividend, or the environment, which could get really ugly (always awesome as much, btw), does Matt really have this thing positioned to win in the end? You said their tech and stuff is way ahead of their completion and these are certainly the times when the cream -- no matter how long it takes -- rises to the top. The weaker companies will get taken out by pennies on the dollar. Are they positioned as such? To either stay the course, or take advantage?

@chadstrama, are they still the one? Yield aside, we all know that can change quickly. But do you see any bumps in the road (not talking interest rates, that's obvious), but overall?

Thanks.

We need an overview/analysis on what's up with UWMC. Forget the dividend, or the environment, which could get really ugly (always awesome as much, btw), does Matt really have this thing positioned to win in the end? You said their tech and stuff is way ahead of their completion and these are certainly the times when the cream -- no matter how long it takes -- rises to the top. The weaker companies will get taken out by pennies on the dollar. Are they positioned as such? To either stay the course, or take advantage?

@chadstrama, are they still the one? Yield aside, we all know that can change quickly. But do you see any bumps in the road (not talking interest rates, that's obvious), but overall?

Thanks.
I'm still overweight on UWMC but fortunately sold 25% of my holdings at the beginning of the week. I haven't read the news to see what happened to cause yesterday.

SE sucks. I need to get rid of this loser *** company.
Dumped this turd across all my accounts. Hope to never see it again.
I’m thinking about it. Don’t have a lot in it but been trimming stuff I just don’t have a desire to track anymore. I’m still down from the highs in my non-401ks but mostly because I have a large chunk of AMZn that is still down 38% from it’s highs but making progress lately.

I’m thinking about it. Don’t have a lot in it but been trimming stuff I just don’t have a desire to track anymore. I’m still down from the highs in my non-401ks but mostly because I have a large chunk of AMZn that is still down 38% from it’s highs but making progress lately.
Yea I only had a very small amount but just tired of seeing it. Cleaning up some of this crap I bought in 2021 and just putting it into the tech I love.

Yea I only had a very small amount but just tired of seeing it. Cleaning up some of this crap I bought in 2021 and just putting it into the tech I love.
I’m not buying anything yet. Some stuff like NVDA seems a bit lofty right now. Trying to actually raise up more cash just in case.

I’ll wait till tomorrow. Sometimes the large down days have decent positive day afters.

I’m not buying anything yet. Some stuff like NVDA seems a bit lofty right now. Trying to actually raise up more cash just in case.
Just Amazon, google and Microsoft for me this year so far. Just stacking up my big boys.

Well, other than my earning day lottery plays that rarely work out. Probably how I got stuck with SE now that I think about it.

Not sure how much longer the Nasdaq and more so the QQQ can keep this up. Handful of stocks rotating keeping it up. Equal weight Nasdaq was down 1% today, equal weight SP500 down 1.5%. Divergences like that aren’t good.

Last edited:
Some news hitting ICPT in the next two days in case anyone’s looking for a lottery ticket. Implied volatility on 5/19 options are through the roof. Could get sliced in half or be a multi-bagger. I’m long 400 shares.

Weve all been wrecked over the last year or so.

If you are interested in diversifying into some crypto, head on over, and im going to do a step by step. :popcorn:

post 6311

Some news hitting ICPT in the next two days in case anyone’s looking for a lottery ticket. Implied volatility on 5/19 options are through the roof. Could get sliced in half or be a multi-bagger. I’m long 400 shares.
News already out? Just took a severe downturn pre-market.

So Foot Locker peed the bed and Nike is getting killed? Who the F goes to Foot Locker for shoes? I haven't been to one since my mom took me in the 80s.
So true, there are some stocks you should be able to look at and go how could I possibly invest in them. How can their business do anything except get worse? Foot Locker can’t pivot to anything else.

So Foot Locker peed the bed and Nike is getting killed? Who the F goes to Foot Locker for shoes? I haven't been to one since my mom took me in the 80s.
So true, there are some stocks you should be able to look at and go how could I possibly invest in them. How can their business do anything except get worse? Foot Locker can’t pivot to anything else.

Can you imagine working there? Dress up as a referee every day and handle the publics' feet for 8 hours. In a mall.

God, I lasted about 2 months at a GAP in the mall in college and every minute I was there a little piece of me died.

Can you imagine working there? Dress up as a referee every day and handle the publics' feet for 8 hours. In a mall.

God, I lasted about 2 months at a GAP in the mall in college and every minute I was there a little piece of me died.
I worked at Mr. Donut for a summer, but there were surprisingly cute girls working there so a little piece of me enjoyed it.

Bathroom duty, haha, wasn’t fun but I never touched the toilet. I got good with the cleaner bottle and a hose.

Chicks love a man in uniform.

That was a preliminary report. Trading halted today as the FDA meets.
Looks like bad news this morning, just about halved since your original post. When it comes to recommendations in this thread and the FDA, avoidance seems to be the best advice. Even CYDY is trading below the original recommendation and that was buying way early.

Still 40% underwater on FLGT, and I don't think we're closing the gap in the near term. I think this is my only cash-raising opportunity, and will bring me from roughly 6% to 13% cash.

Might be temporary, but it seems to have found some footing pretty much since you posted this. Hopefully this is the beginning of a steady grind higher.

What's the selling point on NKE? It's down a bit the last few days but still up from pre-covid highs and still 32 P/E for a shoe company with declining net profit numbers (though steady increasing revenue).

Looks like bad news this morning, just about halved since your original post. When it comes to recommendations in this thread and the FDA, avoidance seems to be the best advice. Even CYDY is trading below the original recommendation and that was buying way early.
I called it a "lottery ticket" which is exactly what it was and, in my post, explicitly stated that it could get sliced in half. I sold today at $11 taking a loss. It was not a recommendation--I wanted to share with the FFA that news was about to break and that, as suspected, a big move was likely. You were wise not to go long. FWIW, chet did us right by CYDY. Me and a lot of other folks did fine on it.

I called it a "lottery ticket" which is exactly what it was and, in my post, explicitly stated that it could get sliced in half. I sold today at $11 taking a loss. It was not a recommendation--I wanted to share with the FFA that news was about to break and that, as suspected, a big move was likely. You were wise not to go long. FWIW, chet did us right by CYDY. Me and a lot of other folks did fine on it.
I mean sort of I guess. It did go up for awhile and if you were just trading it, you had the opportunity to make some money. On the other hand, the company was largely a fraud.

I did really well on CYDY too, not Chet money, but almost 50 racks. There were a bunch who bought higher than the early birds.

Anyway, no need to worry. I wasn’t blaming you for anything just mentioning that we haven’t really had good luck on the biotech/pharma stock mentions in here including yours. HGEN is at $0.15. CYDY is at $0.27. KALA went so low they did a 1-100 reverse split, which I honestly didn’t know was possible. NNOX was all the way down at $6 from $60+ until after 3 years it finally had a nice pop back up to almost $20 (I made money on that one too way back when but only a grand or two). I’m sure there are more but we’ve had a much better record in other areas.

I mean sort of I guess. It did go up for awhile and if you were just trading it, you had the opportunity to make some money. On the other hand, the company was largely a fraud.
Yep. I had more at risk than I should have and I got in around $1 but many didn’t get in that early and got caught up in the COVID pop. After that peak over $9 and short attack the same day, it was down in the $4-7 range real quick and below that not much long after.

Reminds me of the stories about Peter Lynch’s Magellan fund. Returned 19% a year for many years, yet most people lost money because tons of money jumped in after big runs/looking at past returns and didn’t stay after the tough periods missing out on recoveries. Almost amazing to think that most people lost money on THE mutual fund of the 80s/90s.

I did really well on CYDY too, not Chet money, but almost 50 racks. There were a bunch who bought higher than the early birds.

Anyway, no need to worry. I wasn’t blaming you for anything just mentioning that we haven’t really had good luck on the biotech/pharma stock mentions in here including yours. HGEN is at $0.15. CYDY is at $0.27. KALA went so low they did a 1-100 reverse split, which I honestly didn’t know was possible. NNOX was all the way down at $6 from $60+ until after 3 years it finally had a nice pop back up to almost $20 (I made money on that one too way back when but only a grand or two). I’m sure there are more but we’ve had a much better record in other areas.

Yeah I have completely written off biotech bets as I'm about 0 for 100 on those, except for CYDY which was complete luck because we all bought it for HIV/Cancer which was a bust, but we happened to buy it right before Covid which it almost accidentally worked on (at least close enough to give us a juicy exit, which most of us missed lol).

Users who are viewing this thread