What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

Is NVDA a meme stonk now?
God no.

Hot stock? Yeah. But they are proving it on the top and bottom lines and future guidance and where we are in the "AI" cycle.

There is a bubble forming....no doubt. But NVDA are the ones selling all the pick axes in the gold rush if you get my drift.

What does a bubble forming mean exactly?

TIA
I should also add the market is highly concentrated this year in this rally.

Very few stocks are carrying all the weight of the returns. There are a lot of sectors lagging and plenty of great companies under performing. I have stated several times in the last 6 months that this has not been a broad based rally. And it still is not.

I expect a decent pull back here between now and the summer. So don't get spooked with a 7-10% pullback. By year end we will march upward again and that catalyst will be a soft landing in the economy and the first rate cut coming sometime in 4th quarter (which is what we talked about last year).

The new cyclical bull market in my opinion starts year end and into 2025.

Is NVDA a meme stonk now?
God no.

Hot stock? Yeah. But they are proving it on the top and bottom lines and future guidance and where we are in the "AI" cycle.

There is a bubble forming....no doubt. But NVDA are the ones selling all the pick axes in the gold rush if you get my drift.

What does a bubble forming mean exactly?

TIA
I should also add the market is highly concentrated this year in this rally.

Very few stocks are carrying all the weight of the returns. There are a lot of sectors lagging and plenty of great companies under performing. I have stated several times in the last 6 months that this has not been a broad based rally. And it still is not.

I expect a decent pull back here between now and the summer. So don't get spooked with a 7-10% pullback. By year end we will march upward again and that catalyst will be a soft landing in the economy and the first rate cut coming sometime in 4th quarter (which is what we talked about last year).

The new cyclical bull market in my opinion starts year end and into 2025.
Good Info.

Thanks Todem!

AI can and will take over non low-hanging fruit jobs. I'm on the front lines and am seeing it happen.

Anyway, once upon a time, emerging technologies resulted in eliminating blue collar jobs, and now they are coming for the white collar jobs. I suppose there really is no before-and-after. It's human evolution, with notable points on the path. The industrial revolution, nuclear fission, the internet...

No surprise there will be winners and losers.
More evidence. Company states this will help save $40 million.

Klarna Claims Its New AI Assistant Does the Work of 700 Full-Time Agents

Rivain announces the R2 specs tomorrow. A real SUV with 300 mile range and around $50k. Rumor has it 0-60 in 3s, but I'm sure that will be an upgrade. Never owned the stock, but own the product. If it's similar quality, game changer and I expect the pre-orders to be huge and bump the stock price.

I'm interested in buying some LVMH but Vanguard won't let me purchase the ADR (ticker LVMUY, if I remember correctly). Anyone buy it or an ETF that holds a lot of it?

Rivain announces the R2 specs tomorrow. A real SUV with 300 mile range and around $50k. Rumor has it 0-60 in 3s, but I'm sure that will be an upgrade. Never owned the stock, but own the product. If it's similar quality, game changer and I expect the pre-orders to be huge and bump the stock price.

So you own a Rivian?

Tell me more...

I'm interested in buying some LVMH but Vanguard won't let me purchase the ADR (ticker LVMUY, if I remember correctly). Anyone buy it or an ETF that holds a lot of it?

One of my brokerages lists Top 10 ETFs for all stocks. For this one they show:

iShares MSCI France ETF (EWQ)

KraneShares Global Luxury Index ETF (KLXY)

Tema Luxury ETF (LUX)

BlackRock Unconstrained Equity Instl (MAEGX)

Roundhill S&P Global Luxury ETF (LUXX)

BlackRock EuroFund Instl (MAEFX)

SPDR® EURO STOXX 50 ETF (FEZ)

WisdomTree Europe Quality Div Gr ETF (EUDG)

WisdomTree Intl Hdgd Qual Div Gr ETF (IHDG)

WisdomTree International Qual Div Gr ETF (IQDG)

So you own a Rivian?

Tell me more...
What do you want to know? First vehicle I've ever owned and not had buyer's remorse.

I hear ya. we shall see april
You better know when to close out that short.....my advice don't get too greedy on it. The stock is a true money printer with a forward multiple in the high 20's.

Swim with caution.
I see it's at $900 in extended hours. I've been in the situation of buying puts (that's how I'd short a stock) and then seeing the price not go the direction I wanted. More often than not, I would bolster my position by buying more puts. They'd have been hammered by then and so it is a form of dollar cost averaging. On occasion, I swallowed my pride and closed the position for a loss. I wish I could tell you that one strategy has worked better than the other over time but it's still a crap shoot.

I agree with your premise that NVDA is beyond frothy but, kind of like with some of the TSLA run-ups of years past, rationality is out the window. I'd echo todem's admonition of caution on this one.

Wow, they managed to keep an T3 under wraps. Up double digits

13.4%. Thanks for the free money RJ.

While this may run when they release reservation numbers, there will be darker days ahead because the financials later this year will be brutal, so I would taken the money and run.

13.4%. Thanks for the free money RJ.

While this may run when they release reservation numbers, there will be darker days ahead because the financials later this year will be brutal, so I would taken the money and run.

I know they're a ways off but the new vehicles look awesome.

Chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga choo choo
No kidding. Wish I bought NVDA but man AMD/TSM feel very frothy. I’m so tempted to take some nice profits but ugh, they keep going up. MRVL is back where I sold after a second consecutive sort of disappointing earnings.

No kidding. Wish I bought NVDA but man AMD/TSM feel very frothy. I’m so tempted to take some nice profits but ugh, they keep going up. MRVL is back where I sold after a second consecutive sort of disappointing earnings.
Keep a 15% trailing stop loss on it.....if it keeps moving higher...keep moving it up until the ride comes to an end.

I hear ya. we shall see april
You better know when to close out that short.....my advice don't get too greedy on it. The stock is a true money printer with a forward multiple in the high 20's.

Swim with caution.
I see it's at $900 in extended hours. I've been in the situation of buying puts (that's how I'd short a stock) and then seeing the price not go the direction I wanted. More often than not, I would bolster my position by buying more puts. They'd have been hammered by then and so it is a form of dollar cost averaging. On occasion, I swallowed my pride and closed the position for a loss. I wish I could tell you that one strategy has worked better than the other over time but it's still a crap shoot.

I agree with your premise that NVDA is beyond frothy but, kind of like with some of the TSLA run-ups of years past, rationality is out the window. I'd echo todem's admonition of caution on this one.
For better or worse, I purchased more. :shades:

Keep a 15% trailing stop loss on it.....if it keeps moving higher...keep moving it up until the ride comes to an end.
Got it. AMD hit 227 early on Friday. Had I been just watching instead of working, I think I would have been fine with 225+.

Have ~$50k to invest across a couple retirement accounts. Roth and non-Roth. Considering:

Palo Alto Networks
C3.ai
Marvell Tech

Also thinking about dropping it all into GOOG.

Welcome any thoughts.

Have ~$50k to invest across a couple retirement accounts. Roth and non-Roth. Considering:

Palo Alto Networks
C3.ai
Marvell Tech

Welcome any thoughts.
What kind of realistic average annual return are you aiming for here.

Palo Alto Networks
C3.ai
Marvell Tech

Welcome any thoughts.
10-12% with maybe a touch more upside.

As opposed to 10% with maybe 25% upside with risk of -10% downside.

Palo Alto Networks
C3.ai
Marvell Tech

Welcome any thoughts.
10-12% with maybe a touch more upside.

As opposed to 10% with maybe 25% upside with risk of -10% downside.
Split it 50/50 between ADX and VOO

Just brought up one stock I own on Yahoo. TRMD which I bought on December 8th and am up 24.11%.
It says:
YTD return 11.02%
1-Year Return 31.21%
3-Year Return 442.02%
5- Year Return 768.77%

That's pretty good. (Includes dividends)
Anyone have it?

:drive:

And we're back!

$btc

Getting away from high fee GBTC, moving some of that to IBIT but mostly I want companys with btc on the balance sheet.

My roth IRA currently sitting.

65% MSTR
30% MARA
2% HUT
2% WULF
1% IBIT

The demand these etfs are creating are running out of supply fast.

In Saylor we trust.

Don't do what Im doing but know the confidence is there!

Watching your boy Saylor on CNBC right now

Seems pretty savvy

Speaking of Saylor, I'm a dumb dumb head when it comes to short squeezes besides losing my butt on gme jumping in late.

So yahoo is showing that 20% of mstr shares were shorted as of 2/15 when the stock was at $750. Now here we are opening at $1500, how "stuck" are those positions?

Want to benefit on this squeeze but ultimately I'm going to have a hard time leaving my positions. Mstr has 20x the btc as any public company and there is almost zero chance with anyone ever being able to catch up with them closing in on almost 1% of the total supply. If they figure out how to stake those holdings we are looking at at $200 billion company in the next 3-5 years....roughly 8x from where it is valued now.

Considering getting in on the Reddit IPO. Not a lot but a little play money.

Anyone else?

But why are they insisting we open a new account if we already have an E*Trade account?

Speaking of Saylor, I'm a dumb dumb head when it comes to short squeezes besides losing my butt on gme jumping in late.

So yahoo is showing that 20% of mstr shares were shorted as of 2/15 when the stock was at $750. Now here we are opening at $1500, how "stuck" are those positions?

Want to benefit on this squeeze but ultimately I'm going to have a hard time leaving my positions. Mstr has 20x the btc as any public company and there is almost zero chance with anyone ever being able to catch up with them closing in on almost 1% of the total supply. If they figure out how to stake those holdings we are looking at at $200 billion company in the next 3-5 years....roughly 8x from where it is valued now.
Updated to 19.26% shorted as of 2/29 when price closed at $1022.48

Seems like most of those are locked in much at much lower.

I'm not doing anything until $2800, then will take profits in chunks. If it drops below or doesnt get there this run I have no problem holding long term. Stakes get higher every cycle.

Anyone else?

But why are they insisting we open a new account if we already have an E*Trade account?

I like Reddit a lot, but it's been around a long time and I have a hard time seeing them further monetize it without fundamentally changing what people like about it.
People on Wall Street bets are talking about shorting it. Full pass for me.

Anyone else?

I like Reddit a lot, but it's been around a long time and I have a hard time seeing them further monetize it without fundamentally changing what people like about it.

I'd consider that to be a buy signal if anything

Anyone else?

Just not my kind of risk.

Anyone else?

I assume you mean because it's not risky enough?

Anyone else?

I assume you mean because it's not risky enough?
Well I mean that was 4 years ago and I’m not the same investor anymore. Went big(ger) into tech in 2021 and got that money back.

Users who are viewing this thread