What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense 2015** Week 15 - Playoffs: No time to get cute (1 Viewer)

Are seattle owners streaming this week?
Planning on it.
Picked up Baltimore (Tenn is still on waivers - D's don't score a lot without TDs) for this week. Suggs didn't have any sacks/tackles before he went out, so I think they are still a solid unit, especially against the run. I don't think Tenn is a good D, so hard to tell if they will hold up.

In my other league with a limit of 20 transactions for the year (just used 2 to shore up my TE/RB2), so I am thinking about rolling with Seattle again. I am not really happy with that, so I may have to look for a D that I could keep for the bye week. Hate the damn transaction limit we started this year.

ETA: I think I will avoid Tenn this week. I think they took advantage of a rookie QB and had a solid offense versus a bad D. Cleveland looked bad on offense and while I know they are not juggernauts, I think they can run the ball better. I think the Jets D is just a better unit than Tennessee so I could see this as a bit more of a trap week for Tenn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Choosing between Carolina,GB, KC - Carolina has a better matchup this week however, GB has a nice schedule for the next few weeks.

Anyone in leagues where the only things that matter are sacks, Ints, FR's? It makes the decision completley clueless for me.

Anybody sticking with Minnesota this week? I know they had a bad week at SF but home opener vs Stafford should be decent and I though Minny would have a good defensive unit this year.
Thought about it. Stafford is usually good for 1 or 2 picks a game. And Patterson, despite his woes at WR, can take it to the house on PR and KR any time. You could do worse.

Got TENN off waivers and will roll with them, at least for one more week.

For those leagues where DEN is still on the wire, grab them now. Wade Phillips isn't much of a head coach, but the man can coach up a defense.

Gottabesweet said:
Longterm Carolina or GB?
Depends on scoring. I think Carolina has an easier schedule and has a better overall defense, but Carolina tends to be a low scoring D versus a high turnover/TD team. I think I would prefer Carolina, but again it really depends on scoring.

stbugs said:
Planning on it.
Picked up Baltimore (Tenn is still on waivers - D's don't score a lot without TDs) for this week. Suggs didn't have any sacks/tackles before he went out, so I think they are still a solid unit, especially against the run. I don't think Tenn is a good D, so hard to tell if they will hold up.In my other league with a limit of 20 transactions for the year (just used 2 to shore up my TE/RB2), so I am thinking about rolling with Seattle again. I am not really happy with that, so I may have to look for a D that I could keep for the bye week. Hate the damn transaction limit we started this year.

ETA: I think I will avoid Tenn this week. I think they took advantage of a rookie QB and had a solid offense versus a bad D. Cleveland looked bad on offense and while I know they are not juggernauts, I think they can run the ball better. I think the Jets D is just a better unit than Tennessee so I could see this as a bit more of a trap week for Tenn.
What is the benefit of transaction limits?

Why not just use FAAB instead?

Let guys manage their teams as they see fit.

stbugs said:
Planning on it.
Picked up Baltimore (Tenn is still on waivers - D's don't score a lot without TDs) for this week. Suggs didn't have any sacks/tackles before he went out, so I think they are still a solid unit, especially against the run. I don't think Tenn is a good D, so hard to tell if they will hold up.In my other league with a limit of 20 transactions for the year (just used 2 to shore up my TE/RB2), so I am thinking about rolling with Seattle again. I am not really happy with that, so I may have to look for a D that I could keep for the bye week. Hate the damn transaction limit we started this year.

In my league we can only make 9 moves all year. Have to hit on the guys you pick up.

stbugs said:
Planning on it.

What is the benefit of transaction limits?Why not just use FAAB instead?

In my league we can only make 9 moves all year. Have to hit on the guys you pick up.
Not to side track but these were always the worst leagues IMO. I can see limiting transactions per week but to put a yearly cap is pointless.

stbugs said:
Planning on it.

Preaching to the choir. I missed the pre-draft meeting (just a neighborhood league, but still $100 entry) and found out at the draft. I didn't like it because I normally lead the league in transactions. Transactions are also $2 per, which sucks. No idea why it got put in, but at least we added 1 more roster spot. I actually drafted Seattle early (please come back Kam!) so that I didn't have to worry about streaming as much. I like them this year, week 1 aside (St. Louis has been a bad match up for them in STL last year lost 28-26 in STL, won 20-6 at home), but this is the type of week you want to grab someone.

Problem is who to drop and is it worth losing 1 of 18 left? I grabbed Dunbar/Reed this week since RB/TE is my weak spot with Gore (and Foster waiting). Seattle with Lockett and that D, they could score at any time and they actually played well against Rodgers last year. It is a tough game, period, but at least the weather isn't going to be end of the year GB weather, which I think the Packers love.

Denver was out there so I picked them up and dropped Indy. Ten and NO are available, I'm not sure I like Denver this week, but it's hard to look a gift horse in the mouth as my league likes to roster defenses.

I'm putting a bid in on CAR in the two leagues I have Indy right now. If I don't get them then I think Saints will be the backup plan.

snagged balt and ten based on opponents

eta: and ten has a jag/oak/jag stretch down the line

Someone dropped Philly. I like them for @NYJ, @Wash, NO, NYG, Car. So I'll put them in against the Cowboys and hope for Thanksgiving results.

Carolina vs HOU

or

Saints vs TB

Carolina seems like the safer play since they have a much better defense but TB is obviously a juicy matchup

Carolina vs HOU

or

Saints vs TB

Carolina seems like the safer play since they have a much better defense but TB is obviously a juicy matchup
I can't tell if Mallett is good or bad for Carolina defense. Probably safer to go with the better defense though.

Gonna roll w/ the Panthers this week (vs. Texans). I was outbid for the Ravens (@ Raiders). Seeing that Luke Kuechly is still in concussion protocol is making me nervous. Plus, as someone else has pointed out, I'm unsure whether Ryan Mallet being the starter for the Texans is good or bad for the Panthers D.

KC was solid. They dropped 3 Ints including a potential pick 6 so it could have been so much more, but I'll take it.

KC was solid. They dropped 3 Ints including a potential pick 6 so it could have been so much more, but I'll take it.
10 points in Yahoo leagues, so I suppose that's acceptable. But reports of Peyton's demise were grossly mistaken. Obviously the points given up is what hurt their score.

The waiver wire defenses usually follow the Survivor picks. Baltimore may be available after somebody dropped them because they played Denver last week, although your waivers surely cleared by now. Saints D isn't good, but hoping that Winston is worse. Miami D (which definitely should not be available) against Jacksonville. Tenn D was a popular early week pick against Johnny Football, but now it looks like McCown will play, so perhaps just a little less inviting.

10 points in Yahoo leagues, so I suppose that's acceptable. But reports of Peyton's demise were grossly mistaken. Obviously the points given up is what hurt their score.The waiver wire defenses usually follow the Survivor picks. Baltimore may be available after somebody dropped them because they played Denver last week, although your waivers surely cleared by now. Saints D isn't good, but hoping that Winston is worse. Miami D (which definitely should not be available) against Jacksonville. Tenn D was a popular early week pick against Johnny Football, but now it looks like McCown will play, so perhaps just a little less inviting.
Manning played pretty well, but we easily could have had a 3 int game. Those are the breaks though. KC's also offense owners up a bit with their turnovers.

Users who are viewing this thread