What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (5 Viewers)

I'm starting to feel the same way.  The NETFLIX original stuff is losing it's appeal. It's just to far in between for quality content.  They keep raising the price and it has me ready to bail.

DirectTV now is a good option at about $25 a month.  Comes with DVR these days.  I'm using it way more than NETFLIX.
It's $12/month but it's getting too expensive? That comes out to $3/week. I'd recommend you cancel Netflix for a few months. It's not like you have to turn in any equipment. You decide to come back then it's there for you. 

For me, personally, I probably rank Hulu>Netflix>Live TV>Prime in my house. Live TV is confined to 10 o'clock news and NFL. Hulu grades higher for me because I'm not paying for it but at $6/month I could still keep it. When Disney+ launches then I'm likely adding it for my son to enjoy. I'd also go with Criterion Channel when I get around to it.

It's $12/month but it's getting too expensive? That comes out to $3/week. I'd recommend you cancel Netflix for a few months. It's not like you have to turn in any equipment. You decide to come back then it's there for you. 

For me, personally, I probably rank Hulu>Netflix>Live TV>Prime in my house. Live TV is confined to 10 o'clock news and NFL. Hulu grades higher for me because I'm not paying for it but at $6/month I could still keep it. When Disney+ launches then I'm likely adding it for my son to enjoy. I'd also go with Criterion Channel when I get around to it.
If that was the only thing you had? No.  But in your post you also demonstrate why I am thinking about which of these things to cut as you talk about the 5-7 subscriptions that are adding up to get the show that we want to watch.  I am like you - I am not paying for Hulu, but that would be the first to get the axe and I would just fire it up for a month whenever a new Handmaid's Tale comes out.  We currently have HBO Now, AP, Netflix.   Like you, I am eyeing up Disney and the Criterion Channel.   If I like Criterion after a trial period (it will be a function of how many movies are available to stream at a time - I get the feeling that they only have a small amount and not access to their whole back library), then something will probably have to get the axe.   AP will be kept just because we use if for the shipping.  I THINK HBO would be on the block, especially since Prime has old HBO shows - The Wire being the main one.  Not sure though, since I probably watch more HBO stuff than Netflix stuff. 

Started watching Chambers on Netflix. Teen HS protagonists, but not overly young mystery/supernatural?/drama with Uma and Tony Goldwyn and Lilly Taylor. So far too eps in, it's got me into it. Dialogue writing is good in not being perfectly and appropriately timed or stated. Casting good, locations too...with the possible supernatural theme, I'm expecting it to go off the rails soon, but until then I'm in.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Quicksand - Anyone watching this? I'm about 3.5 episodes in and I'm enjoying it. Its only 6 episodes and its a really interesting subject. Its also interesting to see how the Swedes treat a criminal investigation and an accused criminal so much differently than we do in the US.
Just finished this.

Really, really good. Intense. One of the better shows I've watched on Netflix. 

Non-Netflix. but:

Trust is one of the best shows I've seen in years. Fantastic. 

(Originally aired on FX, now it's on Amazon.)

Started watching Chambers on Netflix. Teen HS protagonists, but not overly young mystery/supernatural?/drama with Uma and Tony Goldwyn and Lilly Taylor. So far too eps in, it's got me into it. Dialogue writing is good in not being perfectly and appropriately timed or stated. Casting good, locations too...with the possible supernatural theme, I'm expecting it to go off the rails soon, but until then I'm in.
anybody else?

Quicksand - Anyone watching this? I'm about 3.5 episodes in and I'm enjoying it. Its only 6 episodes and its a really interesting subject. Its also interesting to see how the Swedes treat a criminal investigation and an accused criminal so much differently than we do in the US.
Just finished this.

Really, really good. Intense. One of the better shows I've watched on Netflix. 
the wife watched this without me... mentioned that HS suicide show with the reasons, as a similar show. I didn't like the suicide show, so didn't bother here- but it's sounding like maybe I should... someday.

4 years after season 1, they are now making season 2 of One Punch Man!  Great show IMO.  Episode 4 of the 2nd season just came out yesterday.  Also, for season 1, they have it with English speaking voices instead of only subtitles.  This is for Hulu.

I watched the first three episodes of I Think You Should Leave after seeing people raving about it on Twitter, it's pretty hit and miss for me.

It probably doesn't help that I'd just finished watching the Monty Python Best Bits (Mostly) - hard for any sketch comedy to follow that.

anybody else?
we watched ep 3 last night... veered off into CW territory PDQ. will try another ep and see where it's headed... might pull the plug after a promising start.

and for some reason I kept watching Bosch, which got maybe even worse in S2... pulling the plug there too.

Cancelled Netflix yesterday and my kids cried like we lost a pet. They never watch Netflix. YouTube or local TV seems to be all they watch. I informed them of this and they said that they liked to have the option.

My oldest hasn't been on his profile in over 5 months...

Kids.

The Dana Carvey Show Hulu documentary is worth a watch.  That show was ahead of it's time on the wrong network, but they pretty much dared the network to cancel them every week.

Pretty interesting how one sketch helped launch the careers of Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell.   I didn't know they were "the duo" either.  :lmao:  

Cancelled Netflix yesterday and my kids cried like we lost a pet. They never watch Netflix. YouTube or local TV seems to be all they watch. I informed them of this and they said that they liked to have the option.

Kids.
Strongly considering stopping over the summer and going from there

Kids.
It's like $14 a month.  

I'm one episode in and it's a touch slow.  But I'm surprised at how much freedom Swedish parents give their daughters.

I'm one episode in and it's a touch slow.  But I'm surprised at how much freedom Swedish parents give their daughters.
That was a surprise, right? There are a lot of things that are different in Sweden. What you wrote. Plus the justice system, prisons, etc. Very different society.

Also - kind of funny that you think its a "touch slow" considering how it starts. I mean, I get it. After the first 15 minutes or so it (from what I recall) it changes.

That was a surprise, right? There are a lot of things that are different in Sweden. What you wrote. Plus the justice system, prisons, etc. Very different society.

Also - kind of funny that you think its a "touch slow" considering how it starts. I mean, I get it. After the first 15 minutes or so it (from what I recall) it changes.
The first 15 minutes bought 3 episodes of my invested time.  It's just a little uneven for me right now, like it doesn't know what it wants to be.  But at this point I want to know more, and that's a good thing.

"Bosch" was pretty bad, imo. Couldn't get into it at all.
Yeah, couldn't make it past episode one. And I know it's a minor problem, but the notion that someone named their son Hieronymus Bosch is just such a stupid gimmick it feels totally unauthentic. 

Users who are viewing this thread