What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

First Blood (AMC+ and I think HBO+) - I watched it a billion times growing up, but hadn't seen it in a very long time.  It's weird to see a good movie like that devolve into the Rambo movies, but First Blood still held up for me.  That breakdown at the end was my first introduction to PTSD for veterans, and it's still hard to listen to.

I will admit that for a long time my ignorant ### thought I needed an apple tv for their service.  :bag:    I signed up to watch CODA and Tragedy of Macbeth, but I will admit that some of these shows look really good.   I know it's been covered, but which ones have people liked the most? 

I added Severance,  For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, The Afterparty, and Servant to the queue.  
Season one of True Detective was great. The rest , pretty meh

Oh, what’s this? Oh, a zombie movie!  The Girl With All the Gifts (Vudu free) is a British zombie movie with a real cast (Glenn Close) and some different mechanics… but basically zombies, though most in our story are children that seem human most of the time.

Neat ending, I recommend it.

The Catch a Killer series on Netflix is absolutely spell binding and really humanizes the detectives working the cases.  These people really risk family and personal comfort to catch the baddest of the bad guys. 

First Blood (AMC+ and I think HBO+) - I watched it a billion times growing up, but hadn't seen it in a very long time.  It's weird to see a good movie like that devolve into the Rambo movies, but First Blood still held up for me.  That breakdown at the end was my first introduction to PTSD for veterans, and it's still hard to listen to.
Nothing is over!

I’m sure it gets better, but From is annoying me about halfway through the second episode. I hate it when shows pretend nothing happens when the camera isn’t on a scene. It takes one minute, or a pocket card for newcomers, to explain the town. They’re halfway through the night and all we get are a bunch of “I don’t have time to explain, just trust me” stuff - there’s been time.

I just watched this recently too. Brian Dennehy didn't exactly thank Rambo for his service.

No idea if anyone is watching but the Peacemaker show is a fun watch. I’m sure it’s full of holes and it’s a trippy enemy but it can get really funny at times. I’m looking forward to the last two episodes and to be honest, aside from the first Wonder Woman and some of the Batman movies (pre-Twighlight), this might be the best DC movie/show. It’s what the Suicide Squad tried to be humor wise.

It also has some boob shots which I was absolutely not expecting at all.
I enjoyed all of the episodes and watched the opening credits/musical number every time. Hilarious.

Mostly watch documentaries and sports on tv, with basic cable + Netflix as our only streaming service. Just got a new iPhone, which includes 3 free months of Apple TV.  Anything worthwhile to watch on that platform?

Mostly watch documentaries and sports on tv, with basic cable + Netflix as our only streaming service. Just got a new iPhone, which includes 3 free months of Apple TV.  Anything worthwhile to watch on that platform?
Ted Lasso
Mythic Quest- a personal favorite very funny with a touch of heart...but not too much
From- just started this but I like it so far

Last edited by a moderator:
My current list:

1883 - just finished

Viking Valhalla - just started

The Expanse - binging late night, down to the last season

Reacher - filler

From - just started, seems like filler

TWD - just making it to the end

The Righteous Gemstones - for funny

the ones mentioned, plus:

For All Mankind

The After Party

See (it's absolutely terrible, but if you like epic, post-apocalyptic sci-fi (lo-fi, really) and can excuse some major plot issues, you might give this a shot... great world-building and location shoots- just a terrible, silly idea is the problem..)

My top 3 would be

Ted Lasso, Mosquito Coast, The Morning Show
I just started this and it was nothing of what I expected.  It has a feel to it similar to House of Cards to me.  By that I mean everyone seems to be scheming and using people and I am not really sure what people's intentions are.  

Terminalxylem said:
For a movie - CODA

Terminalxylem said:
do not watch Servant, unless you want to throw your new phone at the wall.

Vudu has a good selection of UHD movies 3/$15 this week.

I normally wouldn't have posted that but the list includes Once Upon a Time In The West, and I've never seen that available in UHD before.

Edit: Actually, I don't think it is. I think it's in that list erroneously. :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been watching Suspicion on Apple. 

Started out fair-to-middling, but enough intrigue to keep us going. but it gets silly pretty quickly. and while we'll probably finish it just to see who did what, the ride isn't helping.

Euphoria- Yea or Nay?

2nd most watched series ever on HBO behind GOT and keeps popping up on my suggestions. 
it's beautifully filmed and well acted.

but it's about overtly self-destructive kids doing bad ####, and not always written in a way that makes full sense (not sure it's meant to, tbh). not sure that realism is intended in this one, but us middle-aged geezers with kids have had a hard time watching it while imaging our own kids being even remotely close to the lives portrayed in the show.

so I guess- it's definitely quality TV, and it's definitely captivated the younger audience (20s), and it's definitely horrified most adults with similar aged kids.

Euphoria- Yea or Nay?

2nd most watched series ever on HBO behind GOT and keeps popping up on my suggestions. 
Maybe it’s just me, but I find it really creepy that Hollywood keeps pushing these shows that are supposed to be high school kids and then load them up with sex and nudity. 

It’s one thing to address the relationship/sexual awkwardness and issues that teens have to deal with, it’s another thing entirely to use those things in an explicitly erotic way clearly designed to tittilate. 

it's beautifully filmed and well acted.

but it's about overtly self-destructive kids doing bad ####, and not always written in a way that makes full sense (not sure it's meant to, tbh). not sure that realism is intended in this one, but us middle-aged geezers with kids have had a hard time watching it while imaging our own kids being even remotely close to the lives portrayed in the show.

so I guess- it's definitely quality TV, and it's definitely captivated the younger audience (20s), and it's definitely horrified most adults with similar aged kids.
Perfect summary.

My best friend has an 8th grade son and just can't watch it.  I have no kids (I'm 45 yrs old), and enjoy it.   And Sydney Sweeney.

100% agree.

Just as good as the Ragnar years. Started a thread on it but it’s been quiet in there.

The rape and pillaging is top notch.

Also like the way they set it up for next season.
I think it's always been underrated for some reason, kind of like Black Sails, I don't know how more people aren't into it.

The Bridge episode was awesome, wife was physically getting irritated because you kind of knew what was going to happen but the suspense kept going all episode.

Users who are viewing this thread