What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

Wallender features Kenneth Branagh as the veteran detective you are watching as a rookie-ish cop. If you like shows about flawed detectives (and I’m a sucker for these) set amid desolate yet gorgeous scenery, then Wallender, Shetland, and Hinterland (Sweden, Shetland Islands, and Wales respectively) are all really good.
I've enjoyed ALL of those mentioned European detective series!!

what platform are these on
I recommend getting the TV Time or Just Watch apps - they tell you where any series is available and let you keep track of where you left off (so, for example, it would know you had watched the first season of Russian Doll and would tell you today that there's a trailer for the upcoming season 2).

the tourist on HBO, i’m half way through episode 2 and highly reccomend so far. a guy in a australia gets in a car accident and when he wakes up has lost his memory. i don’t want to accidnntly give away any spoilers but there’s action and weirdness which i love 
welp that was a quick 6 episodes, enjoyed it very much. sure it had some flaws but overall excellent.

A man wakes up in the Australian Outback with no recollection of who he is, and he must try to piece together his memory as merciless figures from his past pursue him.

definitely worth probing if you haven't jumped in yet ... i'm drawn to it's unique & ethereal vibe, but i can see how it won't be everybody's cuppa. 

it's ok - i certainly don't regard it as anything spectacular or "must see" ... it works very well if one is open to the immersion it sorta demands - in other words, there are very few casual viewers, though i wouldn't say it's "meh" enough to be polarizing yet, where it's at the love/hate crossroads (like GoT).

re: Zendaya - she's good here, but i'm not really vibing her being so head and shoulders above all else ... dunno ... she seems small at times given the subject matter, her presence is not compelling enough to me to see her as anything more than "good" - so not really knocking her, just pumping the brakes on the swooning. 

i also don't buy into her as the next great young actress ... i think both Millie Bobby Brown & Jenna Ortega (both younger than Ms. Coleman) are much more talented, and destined to chew up the next decade or so in star turn vehicles ... Ms. Ortega, especially. 
i have always felt the same way about Zendaya but i just got to season 2 episode 5 and i’ve completely changed my mind. it’s like the whole show was building up to this part where she explodes, holy hell as someone who has unfortunately seen something like this she knocked it out of the park. i think i forgot to breathe at some point

i have always felt the same way about Zendaya but i just got to season 2 episode 5 and i’ve completely changed my mind. it’s like the whole show was building up to this part where she explodes, holy hell as someone who has unfortunately seen something like this she knocked it out of the park. i think i forgot to breathe at some point
I don't remember the episode number, but I'm assuming that's the "mom, where are the drugs?" rage scene. I think there are very few young actresses who could have pulled that off, and she was spectacular.

Have to agree.  At least she's working at the 'jiggle joint' now.  That tends to help me pay attention.
Yea at this point I was hoping she would have ‘made it’ by now. Instead she is still struggling and back home with her parents. I’m only 3 episodes in though. 

Saw online today that the final season of Peaky Blinders is coming to Netflix on June 10.  Anyone like me who's been waiting for the end to binge the whole run, set your calendars accordingly. 
I dropped this season 4 or so when I felt the storyline was getting a little repetitive. Worth getting back in? I did really like the first few seasons.

I dropped this season 4 or so when I felt the storyline was getting a little repetitive. Worth getting back in? I did really like the first few seasons.
I found it start to get a bit self-important, creaky and goofy, about the same time you dropped. I still watched, but it started turning into more of a TWD style, I guess I might as well watch, watch.

welp that was a quick 6 episodes, enjoyed it very much. sure it had some flaws but overall excellent.

A man wakes up in the Australian Outback with no recollection of who he is, and he must try to piece together his memory as merciless figures from his past pursue him.
2 episodes in and enjoying it.

Thanks for the rec! :thumbup:

For Mr. Inbetween fans, his friend that owned the club plays a cop in this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the first episode of the Tourist and am not hooked.  It was very slow.  I will stick with it based on the comments here.

Gilroy34 said:
Watched the first episode of the Tourist and am not hooked.  It was very slow.  I will stick with it based on the comments here.
I've watched 3 episodes and enjoying it. It's a slow burn so maybe won't grab you. 

late to the party but Mythic Quest is freaking hilarious

Rob McElhenney has confirmed they're signed up for a S3 & S4 starting later this year

I found it start to get a bit self-important, creaky and goofy, about the same time you dropped. I still watched, but it started turning into more of a TWD style, I guess I might as well watch, watch.
God I feel this way about season 1.  Maybe I won’t continue. 

This just released season of The Last Kingdom is an unexpected bonus (as is one more go around with Peaky Blinders).

It appears that Uhtred son of Uhtred son of Uhtred will be the last of his line.

Thought the first episode of Winning Time was really good.  Reilly was great as Buss but the kid who is a no name actor playing Magic did a great job as well.

Uhtred, that silver tongued half Viking, to his former squeeze who's dying from cancer, "If I had known about this door before I would have used it to sneak in and hump you."

Cadillac Records on Netflix was pretty fantastic. Somehow missed that movie completely when it came out how many ever years ago. Had never heard of it.

About the record label that signed Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and more.

Adrien Brody, Beyonce and other big names.

Highly recommend.

late to the party but Mythic Quest is freaking hilarious

Rob McElhenney has confirmed they're signed up for a S3 & S4 starting later this year
fantastic recommendation!

I’m always late to the party these days as well, BobbyLayne.  Better late than never. 

Loving this show.. Great cast. Great writing. Rob McElheney and Charlie Day (MQ writer) just can’t help but be funny AF.  
I highly recommend this series!

I am looking forward to checking out After Party after binge watching Mythic Quest. 

It appears that Uhtred son of Uhtred son of Uhtred will be the last of his line.
Who was the boy walking with the woman on the beach at the end?

Maybe a long lost son? Need to watch again - she hinted at meeting his father.

Enjoyed the ending.

Destiny is all !

Last edited by a moderator:
Who was the boy walking with the woman on the beach at the end?

Maybe a long lost son? Need to watch again - she hinted at meeting his father.

Enjoyed the ending.

Destiny is all !
There was too long a gap between the first four seasons and the last for my increasingly bad memory to recall any details about the long lost son. Heck, I didn't even remember half the stuff Uhtred was flashing back to in the final scene. I bet somebody sharper can remind us.

But I do seem to recall somebody alluding to the missing son during the final season. And yeah, I think that was supposed to be him with the hot nun on the beach.

2 episodes in and enjoying it.

Thanks for the rec! :thumbup:

For Mr. Inbetween fans, his friend that owned the club plays a cop in this one.
You mean Dewey Crowe?  I was floored when I watched Mr. Inbetween and found out he's actually Australian.  Will definitely check out The Tourist 

Two episodes into Inventing Anna.  Enjoying the story so far, feels like it's building the story a bit slowly but that the payoff is going to be worth it.  The only thing I can't get over so far is the obviously fake German/whatever accent that Julia Garner is using.  She's a phenomenal actress, obviously is the highlight of Ozark and all that....but that accent is just inconsistent at best

I actually have it on my My Shows list on Hulu but it's hard to commit to such a long series, especially when some people say it takes a bit to really get going.
It hooked me immediately 🤷‍♂️

Also it's on Prime if you want it commercial free

You mean Dewey Crowe?  I was floored when I watched Mr. Inbetween and found out he's actually Australian.  Will definitely check out The Tourist 
Holy #### - I just watched Mr In Between not too long ago and totally forgot about him in Justified!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread