What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

the watcher on netflix staring @Otis is really good
Enjoyed it. Some of the acting was really good. Ending was not 100% satisfying for me but still ok.
i felt the same way
My wife and I are through episode 2 of The Watcher, and I must be watching it wrong. I can't stand the husband and wife characters and am actively rooting for someone to kill them. The neighbor characters (Mia Farrow, Claudia, and Larry David's cousin Andy) are over-the-top caricatures. I'm not sure I can stick it out until the end.
I watched the first episode and the neighbors are beyond ridiculous and distract from the real story.

They have to embellish the story of course or it would be a very uninteresting television show, but the only thing accurate about the show is the letters (those are actually word for word accurate).

the watcher on netflix staring @Otis is really good
Enjoyed it. Some of the acting was really good. Ending was not 100% satisfying for me but still ok.
i felt the same way
My wife and I are through episode 2 of The Watcher, and I must be watching it wrong. I can't stand the husband and wife characters and am actively rooting for someone to kill them. The neighbor characters (Mia Farrow, Claudia, and Larry David's cousin Andy) are over-the-top caricatures. I'm not sure I can stick it out until the end.
I watched the first episode and the neighbors are beyond ridiculous and distract from the real story.

They have to embellish the story of course or it would be a very uninteresting television show, but the only thing accurate about the show is the letters (those are actually word for word accurate).
Think I was expecting it to be more creepy than campy, so the tone is totally not what I was expecting/hoping for.

I tapped out last night after the 4th episode. Can't do it anymore. Told my wife she is on her own with it.

Just finished The Patient. Thought it was good. No real action but kept me interested the whole time.
Haven't seen the last one yet but I've enjoyed it so far.
Although it does seem tame compared to watching Dahmer at the same time.

Anyone watch A Very British Scandal on Prime? Only three episodes, and my wife and I just finished it last night. Pretty good, not great, but worth a watch. I have a couple of questions I'd like to run by someone if they've watched it.

Watched first and only season of Terriers on Hulu based on a FBG recommendation. Good not great. If you're into cop buddy shows you might like it.
I liked that show. It was poorly marketed but had good potential and could have gotten better.

binging a lot of K-Dramas in general lately

Hospital + Playlist (2 seasons) - recommend if you think Grey’s is a good show

Vincenzo - 20 episodes....did you like The Sopranos? Goodfellas? Godfather I & Is? Good, you should..This is about a Korean Italian consigliere of the Mafia visiting his birth country. It probably seemed like a good idea.

Itaewon Class (1 season, 16 episodes, Netflix)

Good character development & plot driven. My one compliant about K-drama is often characters are flat. They do a good job filling in backstory through flashbacks. Every episode has a hype ending that leaves you wanting to fire up the next one. Just finished e9.

Found this on Reddit & it’s spot on:

Itaewon Class has a lot of things most dramas don’t have-

1. ⁠diversity and representation - LBTQ+ and different races (this is the first K-drama to have an American cast member)
2. ⁠Parents that support their kids
3. ⁠Moral codes
4. ⁠Good acting
5. ⁠Good female characters- Four hardworking female executives, out of which one is a sociopath, one is a trans woman, one is an older woman, one is a younger woman
6. ⁠Though driven by revenge you never think that the hero stoops down to the level of the villain(s) The villains(s) are humanized somewhat and have actual reasons for their actions
7. ⁠ Itaewon Class has a cohesive plot- it’s a bullied kid’s revenge, two orphans work hard to make it in the restaurant industry on opposite sides, an ex con figures out his life has value, etc
8. ⁠There’s a lot of themes that are explored-power, money, family, love, race, bullying, sexuality, etc.
9. ⁠The main character is someone I identify with- it’s rare to find someone that means what they say
10. ⁠The female lead is not a Mary Sue nor a damsel in distress
11. ⁠Neither of the female leads need to be rescued- they both make their own choices and save themselves
12. ⁠None of the characters are perfect-they are all flawed

Move to Heaven

It’s about a trauma cleaning company. One of the cleaners is on the spectrum. They’re hired to clean out the belongings of the deceased. Not a police drama - in one episode it’s a crime scene - but there is usually a mystery to solve. The belongings they find tell the story.

Netflix, 1s, 10e

(Korean w/ subtitles or English overdub)
You guys sensing a pattern here?

Very new KDrama (debuted June 29) which has been setting ratings records in ROK.

Extraordinary Attorney Woo

We’re up to 6 episodes, it’s brilliant. The lead character is a rookie attorney with autism (IQ 164), encyclopedic knowledge of whales, started memorizing law textbooks as a child.

Feel good comedy with occasional moral dilemma.

3 eps in and hooked.

Bad Sisters on Apple is top tier. Highly recommend.

thought the first episode was great. The husband is so awful I find him funny.
Best TV villain of 2022.
Nah I'd vote for the villain in Squid Game.

ETA: Or Dahmer.

Just started The Cleaner on HBO Max. About this Philippino doctor who becomes an illegal immigrant in the US because she brought her son here because he's got a rare immunotherapy disorder. She's a maid in Vegas just trying to get her kid into a stem cell trial and runs afoul of the mob and FBI. Through 3 episodes and it's good. Not great but good, definitely a different spin on this type of show.

Just started The Cleaner on HBO Max. About this Philippino doctor who becomes an illegal immigrant in the US because she brought her son here because he's got a rare immunotherapy disorder. She's a maid in Vegas just trying to get her kid into a stem cell trial and runs afoul of the mob and FBI. Through 3 episodes and it's good. Not great but good, definitely a different spin on this type of show.
I also liked it at first. Eventually it seemed to have too much emphasis on her love life for me and I quit.

Something about her just bugged me. I also didn't like the handler in his role as I couldn't get past him being Adam from Rules of Engagement. He played that part so hilariously I kept waiting for the same type character so it bothered me a bit.

I watched the first few episodes but then lost interest. It just didn't keep me interested enough to watch it over other things.

I also liked it at first. Eventually it seemed to have too much emphasis on her love life for me and I quit.
I'm on episode 6 and she's about to do a surgery to remove some dude's kidney in trade for getting a liver for her kid with the immunodeficiency disease.

Oh, and there's infighting in the mob and the FBI is being played by her and the mob.

I'm still digging it.

Finished The Patient. Another good, not great. One thing that really bugged me though...

Why does that kid always take the lid off his empty coffee cup and put it inside the cup before he throws it in the trash can???!?!?

Finished The Patient. Another good, not great. One thing that really bugged me though...

Why does that kid always take the lid off his empty coffee cup and put it inside the cup before he throws it in the trash can???!?!?
Finished it last night. Agreed, good not great and the ending was good. Worth watching, imo.

I was hoping it would be just a one season show. Not sure if it was picked up for another but they left it open to one.

Caught that too as it’s something I do. :oldunsure:

I usually toss in other trash (napkin/sleeve) though when I do it.

I’ve finished 3 episodes of Moonhaven and like it quite a bit. For me, it’s the metaphysical and philosophical elements of the show. I dig it.

The Mole is on Netflix with a new season!! I loved the 2 seasons on ABC ages ago. I hope this series is as clever as the originals.

It's good, but to me it's incredibly obvious who the mole is.
After watching the teaser my wife made (what I thought was) a knee-jerk reaction and bet me $20 that a certain person was the mole; I got to take the field. I'm already thinking about what I want to spend my money on. :lol:
We finished ep 1, and watched the elimination portion of ep 2, and really like it so far. I wish the contestants had a wider range of ages, but that's my only gripe so far.

Yeah, it was fine. About as good as the original, I guess... which always felt like it was missing just one more thing to make it really good.

Anyway, yeah, I figured out who the Mole was in the first few episodes for sure. I was pretty sure the whole time, I'd say 99.99%, and I was even sure I'd nailed the eventual winner, but I always felt just a little nagging feeling every elimination just because, if I was right about who the Mole was, it would mean Joi is, for real, a pilot. WTF?

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities has gotten better with each release.
#1 did not knock my socks off but have really enjoyed #2 - #6.
Comedic horror stories. Wrapping it up tonite.

the new beavis and butt-head’s on paramount plus are awesome
Yeah, I was with some college friends and signed up for Paramount+ to watch the movie, then stuck around for the whole season, which I really enjoyed. Now I've canceled it until the next season.

I'm 4 episodes into Into the Night (Netflix). French airplane based non-zombie apocalypse show. What can I say, there was a lot of laundry to fold. It's worth finishing the first season... really seems like there should be some zombies, though.

Not terribly pleased with All Quiet on the Western Front. Maybe I just can't get past the excellent 1970s (?) version they showed us in schools, but this new remake just cheapened everything. Hated the ending in particular, but I hated lots of the plot points that they reimagined. Very disappointed. Even the cinematography felt generic.

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities has gotten better with each release.
#1 did not knock my socks off but have really enjoyed #2 - #6.
Comedic horror stories. Wrapping it up tonite.
We'll stick with it I guess. My wife and I both thought there was going to be more of a twist with Ep 1, but there wasn't one. The reveal was kinda silly to be honest. I hope the stories get better.

I usually toss in other trash (napkin/sleeve) though when I do it.

When I was about 8 I used to think the containers/cups from McDonalds that had "put litter in its place" printed on their Styrofoam containers meant to put litter in them before throwing them out. You know, put litter in place of the food that was in there. Funny how kids minds work.

I recently discovered Hacks and enjoyed both seasons. The humor, story, acting, and scenery were all right up my alley although I could see how it may not appeal to everyone. For those who liked it are there any other shows that are similar?

Not a Netflix show, but streaming until New Years: Vets Aid 2021

Joe Walsh & Friends Present VETSAID 2021: The Basement Show. This year’s streaming event includes… * The debut of some brand new music from Joe Walsh and Band (featuring Benmont Tench, Waddy Wachtel, Lee Sklar and Russ Kunkel) * An extended jam with Joe, Band and Ringo Starr! * A Tour of Joe’s Basement Studio and Guitar Collection * Joe’s most personal interview ever (with fan-submitted questions!) * Unreleased VetsAid vault performances from Joe, James Taylor, ZZ Top, Sheryl Crow, Jason Isbell, Nathaniel Rateliff, Eddie Vedder, Willie Nelson and more!

If you have $20 for a great cause, and about 5 hours before new years this is well worth your time and money. Some great acts, entertaining info from Walsh and a ukele virtuoso that will blow you away.
Vetsaid 2022 Coming to a streaming device near you on 11/13. This year's event has an Ohio theme for artists. Same great cause and each year have been surprised by someone I've never heard of before. Twenty bucks well spent.

Gave up halfway through the 2nd episode of The Watcher. The main characters were annoying enough but throw in the realtor, the private eye and the previous owner and that's more than I can take.

Deadwind: Finnish police procedural. At 12 episodes it sure takes its time but decent.
season 3 is out
And it's very good, as were the first 2 seasons. Just finished season 3 yesterday.

Fortunately it's set up for another season. Unfortunately there's not going to be another season.
I thought season 3 was very good as well , really enjoy the series
Did you hear that it was ending ?

Finished watching the 3rd season + finale episode of Derry Girls on Netflix. Really good show.
This season has been really solid so far. I think even better than the last one.
I never really got what was going on in Ireland during the troubles, this show has been an interesting glimpse of that (as well as being really funny and heartfelt). It's similar to Reservation Dogs in that way - it shows you slices of life, other peoples' experiences, I haven't really seen before.

I love The Peripheral so far. Great world building, character development, and sci fi.

I started watching Inside Man on Netflix having no idea what it was about but like Sherlpck and the actors. I had to shut it off half way through the first episode. Talk about one dumb decision after another. I can't watch a show with such stupid characters.

Users who are viewing this thread