What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

Believe they've had 3 or 4 seasons at this point but I just started watching For All Mankind on apple tv. Alternate history show about the soviets beating the US to the moon leading to the space race never ending (at least as of midway through season 2)

Pretty good show. Interesting story and lots of good characters (despite not having a ton of especially recognizable actors)

Edit: it does seem like a lot of people crap on the 2nd/3rd seasons for too many woke storylines and soap opera like dialog/plots. So we shall see

The first season was great. I can't put my finger on it but Season 3 didn't do it for me. A race to Mars should be the best season yet, but it fell kind of flat.

Welcome to Wrexham has been really good until the gameshow/sportscenter/whatever episode.
I haven't made it to that episode but Ryan and Rob come across as really likeable and regular dudes. Love the passion the English have for their squad.
And it was still good, just not the same flow as the previous episodes. I agree, too, that they seem like genuinely good dudes.

Welcome to Wrexham has been really good until the gameshow/sportscenter/whatever episode.
I haven't made it to that episode but Ryan and Rob come across as really likeable and regular dudes. Love the passion the English have for their squad.
And it was still good, just not the same flow as the previous episodes. I agree, too, that they seem like genuinely good dudes.

Yeah, it was just a little TOO cutesie. But they are a fun duo to watch and root for.

Seal team is back, guilty pleasure is back 🕺
I wish it didn't get moved to paramount+ I really liked the show and them moving it just sucked.
yeah, i pay for a streaming service that i can watch this on 2 days later. i’m not paying for paramount and it’s programming
FWIW, free monthly codes for Paramount+ are readily available on the internet on a regular basis:

Despite some good performances and very high quality art/site direction for a period piece, don't bother with the Serpent thing on Apple. If you're a fan of well visualized period pieces, I'd say yeah. Otherwise...not worth it

Going back and forth between Rocky III and Almost Famous - two awesome movies.

But now we are up to Rocky's second fight with Clubber. Time for some Rocky.

The Elvis movie on HBO was quite good.
I tried and found Hanks unwatchable.
Watched it last night and enjoyed it. Had no problem with Hanks.
My son was all about watching this so we sat a week ago and watched it over two nights. I thought it was OK, but I I'd say 5.1 out of 10 at best. Hanks seemed to make the most of a caricature of what Parker probably was. Butler's eye shadow was waaaay over done. The make up person should be :clyde:
:shrug: elvis wore a lot of eye liner and make up so why change that for the movie?

Dahmer on netflix is pretty good :popcorn:
It's definitely odd but it seems really slow at times and the way it jumps around sometimes makes you have to reset to where you are at. I still have a couple episodes to go and depending on how true to real life this is, Dahmer was a very weird/scary dude.

Ya think? ;)
Of course but not in a way you would think. At least the way he is portrayed in the netflix thing. In some ways you kind of feel a little sorry for the guy because on some level he was trying to find connections with people but since he was so weird it never really happened and then he would freak out. At some point you kind of pull for him to get a friend so he might stop. Just a very odd situation that I can't really explain based on the series. Just not sure how accurate it really is.

It's been painful having to wait, but I will finally catch up on Rings of Power and will start Andor on my trip to Fargo next week.

I'm also behind on House of Dragon. Too much going on during football season!

Ya think? ;)
Of course but not in a way you would think. At least the way he is portrayed in the netflix thing. In some ways you kind of feel a little sorry for the guy because on some level he was trying to find connections with people but since he was so weird it never really happened and then he would freak out. At some point you kind of pull for him to get a friend so he might stop. Just a very odd situation that I can't really explain based on the series. Just not sure how accurate it really is.
We have an obsession with serial killers in this country, but I've also notice we seem to also try to show their humanity in movies too. Some times uncomfortably so.

It's been painful having to wait, but I will finally catch up on Rings of Power and will start Andor on my trip to Fargo next week.

Love Rings so far. I'm not an appendix guy, so I'm not offended by the mischaracterization of someone with a bunch of apostrophes in their name.
Andor's first 4 episodes are really good - feels like a movie, not a show.

Love Rings so far. I'm not an appendix guy, so I'm not offended by the mischaracterization of someone with a bunch of apostrophes in their name.
Andor's first 4 episodes are really good - feels like a movie, not a show.

It's been a tad disappointing for me. Not enough action and the plot isnt' very compelling.

But I'm a sucker for the genre and will continue watching. Kind of like Andor, which has also been a tad disappointing.

House of Dragon on the other hand has been fabulous and is the best thing going now IMHO.

Help the old & feeble out. I have a 3 month free subscription to Apple TV from a purchase of an iPad mini I just bought. I signed up and can watch it on the mini fine but is there a way to watch it on other devices? Specifically other iPad's? I have one I watch while working out and would like to transfer it there. TIA

It's been a tad disappointing for me. Not enough action and the plot isnt' very compelling.

But I'm a sucker for the genre and will continue watching. Kind of like Andor, which has also been a tad disappointing.

House of Dragon on the other hand has been fabulous and is the best thing going now IMHO.
I think Rings of Power has come back around. I could do without seeing another Harfoot for the rest of my life but I think the story is flowing well. Certainly has gotten better from where it started.

I've like Andor as well. Taken a little time to tell the story but at the end of the last few episodes I've been left wanting it to go on.

Out of the three I'd say I'm most disappointed with House of the Dragon. The story is fine, the actors are fine, the scenery is GoT's and there are dragons, I just don't like how they dwell. They have a lot of meaningless dwell time on subjects that they could wrap up quicker but decide to just hang out. Like the funeral party last week, coulda wrapped that up a lot sooner but we got to watch people standing around, drinking and doing nothing.

Help the old & feeble out. I have a 3 month free subscription to Apple TV from a purchase of an iPad mini I just bought. I signed up and can watch it on the mini fine but is there a way to watch it on other devices? Specifically other iPad's? I have one I watch while working out and would like to transfer it there. TIA
you just have to sign in with the same apple id on that device

So all the reviews I have read and on Twitter - everyone assumes that the Remy stuff was real. I do too. But … are we sure?
I wanted to believe all of the people on The Rehearsal and Nathan for You were real, but I'm pretty sure the guy who was security guard who was infatuated with big breasted women on NFY is in the new State Farm commercial with Andy Reid. I suppose it's possible he became an actor after his exposure on NFY, but it made me a bit disappointed. It's also possible, I am wrong and it's not the same guy as he has a very common look.

you just have to sign in with the same apple id on that device
Yea I tried that thinking it would be that simple but it didn't seem to work. I was thinking maybe because it was a free trial it wasn't eligible on other devices. I assumed it was simple like that, just haven't got it to work for me so far.

@belljr

I'll try to watch live, but just note that the Wrexham youtube channel is extremely prolific and typically has extended highlights (like 15-20 minutes) posted after every match. For last weekend's barn-burner, they posted a 33 minute video on Sunday, then two more of 13 and 25 minutes yesterday, plus several interview and shorter highlight videos.

@belljr

I'll try to watch live, but just note that the Wrexham youtube channel is extremely prolific and typically has extended highlights (like 15-20 minutes) posted after every match. For last weekend's barn-burner, they posted a 33 minute video on Sunday, then two more of 13 and 25 minutes yesterday, plus several interview and shorter highlight videos.

awesome, thanks. I was following their game last week at my niece's soccer game. Kept chuckling at the sore...every time I looked there was a goal.

Reiterating what others have said, Reservation Dogs is a beautiful series. I don't know how close to reality their depiction of reservation life is, but it's not something I'd ever have seen otherwise. Beyond that, the way they can make each episode focus on a character or two at a time yet still have the series feel like a cohesive show is superb.

Season 1 (I assume there will be more) of The Empress on Netflix was pretty good. Austrian production (I think), court/political intrigue type thing, focuses on Elisabeth becoming empress of Austria in the 1800's. She's an interesting historical character, I'm interested to see how they render her story - so far it's been very sympathetic to her. Good quality production values, beautiful sets, locations and costumes. The acting seems to be mostly good (though I don't speak German so I may be missing stuff).

So all the reviews I have read and on Twitter - everyone assumes that the Remy stuff was real. I do too. But … are we sure?
I wanted to believe all of the people on The Rehearsal and Nathan for You were real, but I'm pretty sure the guy who was security guard who was infatuated with big breasted women on NFY is in the new State Farm commercial with Andy Reid. I suppose it's possible he became an actor after his exposure on NFY, but it made me a bit disappointed. It's also possible, I am wrong and it's not the same guy as he has a very common look.
Is it @shuke? Every guy in every commercial is shuke, according to another thread around here.

Users who are viewing this thread