What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Constellation cancelled by Apple. Didn't love the show but enjoyed it enough and was curious where it was headed. Can't tell if it was cancelled throughout the entire multiverse or just ours.

Constellation cancelled by Apple. Didn't love the show but enjoyed it enough and was curious where it was headed. Can't tell if it was cancelled throughout the entire multiverse or just ours.
Had its moments, but never really went anywhere for me. Ultimately underwhelming.

Dark Matter and Sugar were both great....carried the last 4 weeks.

Now need House of Dragons to deliver.

Last edited:
The Tom Brady Roast made me realize that I haven't really watched any comedy specials in probably 10+ years. I don't even know who the good comics are these days. My previous favorites were probably Chris Rock and Ron White which are practically ancient history LOL. Any recommendations that are available on Netflix, Prime, or Hulu?

As mentioned, Nate Bargatze is hilarious, with the added bonus that, if you have kids, he's totally clean and pretty much PG rated, while still being very funny.

Tom Segura is really good, too, but definitely more R-rated. He's got a ton of specials.

Ruh roh.
Really, Sugar? Really????
Ruh roh.

Haven't seen this week, but it's been on the edge of teetering since week 3.
[Spoilerish? Maybe sort of a spoiler alert?]:

There are some clues (especially in hindsight), but it definitely takes a bit of a turn.
After being mostly luke warm on the show to this point, I’m out. This will be the new “jump the shark,” half way through season one no less! I won’t try to name it yet for spoilers, but should be its own thread.

Uh... 🤣
You guys will never believe how it ends!

Finished Season 1 of Resident Alien. It wasn't bad but I don't think I'll continue with it.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Baby Reindeer and really liked it. I'm assuming it gets crazier still. Does it go off the rails or hold up until the end?

I watched the Ritual on Netflix yesterday based on its placement in the horror movie countdown. I really liked it, but I needed a palate cleanser after. Marcel the Shell with Shoes On hit the mark. Both are movies instead if shows, but I think they're wirth mentioning as hidden gems on Netflix.

I started The Bear last night.

Had to force myself to turn it off at 2am
Just got onboard with The Bear. 6 episodes in, and loving it. Great tv.
And the best is yet to come!
Just finished season 2. Wow. Amazing television.

One caveat: The Christmas Eve episode, while great and shows some back story, gave me some serious anxiety lol
Season 3 coming June 27

I was looking for shows from the past to watch
Tried to watch Deadwood but it wasn't playing on any service I have.
I have never seen Shield so started that series over the weekend

Finished Season 1 of Resident Alien. It wasn't bad but I don't think I'll continue with it.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Baby Reindeer and really liked it. I'm assuming it gets crazier still. Does it go off the rails or hold up until the end?
Resident Alien - first couple of episodes were decent, but it drops in humor and quality quickly. Just "off style humor" is hit or miss.
No plans to continue.

Baby Reindeer is on my "to watch" list soon.

Just finished "Madame Web" ... nice little action twist heroine plot. Fun and enjoyable. Could see a sequel happening.

Resident Alien - first couple of episodes were decent, but it drops in humor and quality quickly. Just "off style humor" is hit or miss.
No plans to continue.
I don't agree. I thought it maintained the humor and was fine through two seasons. The third season had some storylines that got annoying (bird lady) but it was still interesting.

Deadwood is worth paying for. May be the best 3 seasons of t.v. ever. It's that or Star Trek TOS in that category for me.
everyone has raved about it so thats why i was looking for it
All ready paying enough for subscriptions , i will wait for it to come on 1 i have or download it

Deadwood is worth paying for. May be the best 3 seasons of t.v. ever. It's that or Star Trek TOS in that category for me.
everyone has raved about it so thats why i was looking for it
All ready paying enough for subscriptions , i will wait for it to come on 1 i have or download it
HBO often used to have a " try it for free" month... You could binge that and some others without having to pony up.

Bosch Legacy (Prime)

I liked the original Bosch show. It was good a time killer. I loved the Jamie Hector character. When that show ended, I tried watching Legacy when it first came out, but I couldn't get past the daughter's character. She's just dreadful to watch. But I ran into a stretch where I was desperate and gave it another try. The daughter's acting is still the worst acting on TV, but I'm glad I watched. I liked it. It's not likely to win any awards, but it was ok.
Is it possible to watch the show and just skip the scenes with the daughter? I loved the original and I've tried to watch legacy 3 times now, but I can't get past the part in episode 1 where the girl is running down criminals in a foot chase.

I'd say the best 2.5 seasons ever. Just like the HBO series "Rome," the writers found out in the middle of the last season that it wasn't getting renewed and the endings of both were really rushed and unsatisfactory for me. But the stories leading up to the botched endings make them both great shows.

I'd say the best 2.5 seasons ever. Just like the HBO series "Rome," the writers found out in the middle of the last season that it wasn't getting renewed and the endings of both were really rushed and unsatisfactory for me. But the stories leading up to the botched endings make them both great shows.
Rome was really solid... Totally forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me.

Man just rewatched the Leftovers. Has to be one of the most beautifully shot, written and layered shows I’ve ever seen. I cannot believe how wonderfully Carrie Coon acted as Nora. All-timer. A show that deserves so much more love.
I took it very early in our FFA television show draft.

No plans to continue.
I don't agree. I thought it maintained the humor and was fine through two seasons. The third season had some storylines that got annoying (bird lady) but it was still interesting.
Thanks for the feedback .. maybe I gave up too early.

Finally finished Fallout. Gets a huge "meh" from me.

They did a GREAT job of mimicking the video game, but like the video game, it was very light on plot.

Man just rewatched the Leftovers. Has to be one of the most beautifully shot, written and layered shows I’ve ever seen. I cannot believe how wonderfully Carrie Coon acted as Nora. All-timer. A show that deserves so much more love.
Best television series ever in my opinion. Carrie Coon and Justin Theroux were excellent. The scene where he has to sing 'Homeward Bound' to get back home just rips me up, as does the whole final episode.

Binged Bodkin on Netflix in four days, was a pleasant diversion. Will Forte is an american podcaster who is teamed up with Irish reporter in exile Dove, played by Siobhán Cullen as they travel to a small Irish town to investigate a weird occurrence which happened during the towns celebration of Samhain twenty years prior.

Cullen is fabulous, real standout for me while Forte and the rest of the cast of characters add a nice layer of Irish intrigue and charm. The setting is gorgeous and there are some uniquely Irish doings that bring life to small town Ireland without being cloying caricatures. I enjoyed the show and am in if they offer another season.

Binged Bodkin on Netflix in four days, was a pleasant diversion. Will Forte is an american podcaster who is teamed up with Irish reporter in exile Dove, played by Siobhán Cullen as they travel to a small Irish town to investigate a weird occurrence which happened during the towns celebration of Samhain twenty years prior.

Cullen is fabulous, real standout for me while Forte and the rest of the cast of characters add a nice layer of Irish intrigue and charm. The setting is gorgeous and there are some uniquely Irish doings that bring life to small town Ireland without being cloying caricatures. I enjoyed the show and am in if they offer another season.
Currently in the middle of episode 4 - watching with my wife. I think I'm enjoying it more than my wife at this point.

Best television series ever in my opinion. Carrie Coon and Justin Theroux were excellent. The scene where he has to sing 'Homeward Bound' to get back home just rips me up, as does the whole final episode.
Nora’s “you’re home” as the season ends :cry:

I had some brutal travel days recently, and I like watching funny TV episodes when traveling lately. I watched all of I Think You Should Leave and 1.5 seasons of Brooklyn 99. I think I'm in the Andy Samberg Extended Universe.

I Think You Should Leave was great, but it's funny that each season is as long as a single episode of SNL. He's basically made 3 episodes so far.

Brooklyn 99 was very enjoyable, I'll keep watching it. For a show that was cranking out network volume, it maintained quality well as far as I've seen it.

Resident alien is what it is, if you don’t like it it doesn’t really get better. Tudyk is amazing though. Whole cast is great

Leftovers - I never got it. Think I bailed midway in S2. :shrug:

Rome and deadwood both all timers. Carnival is another one that ended too early

Westworld was another one with a great first season and then I bailed

Currently in the middle of episode 4 - watching with my wife. I think I'm enjoying it more than my wife at this point.
I’m almost done with it. My wife bailed after episode two bc she thought it was too slow.

It’s entertaining enough and worth a watch. Probably a 7/10.

A couple of episodes into Ripley. Not bad. I assume it stays at this pace throughout?

Yeah it really takes its time. Long stretches of no dialog, just watching a guy reading an Italian newspaper while sipping coffee.

I bet each episode's script was only like 15 pages long.

A couple of episodes into Ripley. Not bad. I assume it stays at this pace throughout?

Yeah it really takes its time. Long stretches of no dialog, just watching a guy reading an Italian newspaper while sipping coffee.

I bet each episode's script was only like 15 pages long.
Still somewhat enjoying it.

I'm also a few episodes into Baby Reindeer. Talk about two extremes!

Thank you goodnight: Bon Jovi story was pretty interesting to watch. Give it a go. This is coming from a non Bon Jovi fan.

Baby Reindeer was good, but hard to watch. Made me anxious and mad the entire time.

Finally watched Fall of the House of Usher. Very much enjoyed this one. Also re-watched Midnight Mass. Lot of the same actors of course. Both shows I think were excellent.

Yeah, good call.

Season 1 - one of the best seasons of TV I have ever seen.
Season 2 - had some great episodes/moments but started to lose the plot.
Season 3 - one of the worst seasons of TV I have ever seen.
Season 4 - had some great episodes/moments in the first 8 episodes, but the last 2 episodes were Season 3-level bad.

Yeah, good call.

Season 1 - one of the best seasons of TV I have ever seen.
Season 2 - had some great episodes/moments but started to lose the plot.
Season 3 - one of the worst seasons of TV I have ever seen.
Season 4 - had some great episodes/moments in the first 8 episodes, but the last 2 episodes were Season 3-level bad.
I'll never understand the hate. I recently bought the whole series in 4k and will dive back in again soon for the entire ride.

Users who are viewing this thread