What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

The Flight MH370 doc on Netflix was pretty good but reading up on it afterwards shows that they were giving too much credence to conspiracy theorists and unfounded rumors and accusations. Still, a crazy story and mystery.

Does anyone remember a plane that they were trying to pull out of the water and the cable snapped and they abandoned the recovery attempt? My wife thought it was going to be this one but it seems not.

Don't remember that at all. We'll probably watch MH370 but I have kept up on 20/20 updates and the likes, and it seems pretty conclusive the pilot committed mass sui/homicide by turning into the South Indian Ocean. No explanation, heartbreaking, but not that questionable.

ETA: the flight disappeared 9 years and 10 days ago today my time. I was working a conference/convention and bored and checking twitter that same weekend when I saw the story. It seemed crazy. Stayed with it all that day and beyond. Was at the same event 10 days ago and reminded of it. Crazy stuff.

SHRINKING Streaming on Apple+
WOW! I love this show! Only 3 episodes currently available from Season 1.
I wish I had waited for the whole season to be available before starting it so I could binge it, But....whatever. It's a great show!
Just started this and agreed is good so far. Am enjoying all the characters.
Just started this on Disney+ after watching S3E1 of Ted Lasso. 3 episodes in and really like it.

Started watching "The Last Movie Stars" the Ethan Hawke directed docu-series about Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. Their relationship is seen as the gold standard for a Hollywood marriage,so I was surprised to learn that Newman was a married father of 3 when they first met. Newman left his young family to be with Woodward.

lots of proper ****ting on taylor sheridan but mayor of kingston is freaken awesome. i hope there is another season. little finger and hawkeye are great in this

Watching Mare on HBO, I just commented to the wife that I can't think of a better actress than Winslet. Her range and willingness to go places most won't (I'm loving her portrayal of a deeply flawed and real Mare) put her out front of wright...who I also love.
I put her up there with the sharp objects actress, I would google but I’m hammered.
Amy Adams is the Sharp Objects actress, and she was excellent in that series. The ending floored me.

Amy Adams was also very good in the underrated move American Hustle, as was Gabriel Byrne. Good supporting performances of Carrie Coon, Bradley Cooper, and others. Great movie, worth watching more than once to pick up on things you missed the first time.

Sharp Objects is very good, I plan to watch it again when I want to get slowly creeped out.

Watching Mare on HBO, I just commented to the wife that I can't think of a better actress than Winslet. Her range and willingness to go places most won't (I'm loving her portrayal of a deeply flawed and real Mare) put her out front of wright...who I also love.
I put her up there with the sharp objects actress, I would google but I’m hammered.
Amy Adams is the Sharp Objects actress, and she was excellent in that series. The ending floored me.

Amy Adams was also very good in the underrated move American Hustle, as was Gabriel Byrne. Good supporting performances of Carrie Coon, Bradley Cooper, and others. Great movie, worth watching more than once to pick up on things you missed the first time.

Sharp Objects is very good, I plan to watch it again when I want to get slowly creeped out.
man, either this post was from reality long ago that you quoted or i’m thrice as hammered

Definitely underrated. Got snubbed at the Oscars, nominated for 10 awards and didn’t win a single one, a rare list of films like that.

FWIW... Amy Adams is also on my cheat list :wub:

I wish I had waited for the whole season to be available before starting it so I could binge it, But....whatever. It's a great show!
Just started this and agreed is good so far. Am enjoying all the characters.
Just started this on Disney+ after watching S3E1 of Ted Lasso. 3 episodes in and really like it.

I loved this show 3 episodes in, and then I lost interest. I'm fine with bad language, but when it's F bombs after F bombs in a single sentence, the programing loses it's appeal for me.

The Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount +)

I liked S1 from what I remember of it for the most part. It was dark and gritty. Well written and well acted, however the prison riot (I think it might have been the last episode of S1) was so ridicuslously over the top, it sort of ruined the entire season for me.

Season 2 started slow, then picked up. Very good season, with more good writing and acting, but then it seemed like they ran out of time, and had to wrap up the season with a 10 minute scene rather than give it an extra episode or two.

I know most people here that would watch it, already have, but if you haven't, if you like dark and gritty cop drams where the line between good guys and bad guys gets blurred and anything can happen, it's worth a watch.

Came here to post about this show. Great stuff. Nice 30 minute episodes that have some legitimate lol moments. Harrison Ford is pretty amazing in the show.
The season finale is this week so you guys have time to binge the earlier episodes.

Black Bird on AppleTV+.

Best show I've seen in long time. Based on a true story. Only six episodes, so easy to get through quickly.
I also liked black bird. The actor playing the serial killer is almost as good as the one from mindhunter.

Came here to post about this show. Great stuff. Nice 30 minute episodes that have some legitimate lol moments. Harrison Ford is pretty amazing in the show.
The season finale is this week so you guys have time to binge the earlier episodes.
agreed on all of the above, great show.

Didn’t realize this was a Bill Lawrence show plus Roy Kent. I am pretty much guaranteed to love it, never saw a Bill Lawrence show that I didn’t find hilarious

first episode of season 3 of lasso sucked but i ****ing loved episode 2. yeah i may have been drunk after streaming my kids game but come on people a Zlatan persona introduced during a chelsea game? all in

Kind of over Ted Lasso. Watched the first one tonight and it’s just more of the same. I’ll watch the entire season but they are right to finish it.
I had enough after two seasons. Won’t even bother with season 3 to be honest. But it was fun.

I feel curmudgeonly due to my opinion on Lasso because its so universally beloved, and I loved Season 1, but I couldn't make it even halfway through season 2 and have no intention of picking it back up. I hated season 2 right from the start - seemed like they doubled-down on the silly stupid stuff and dropped the only interesting aspects of the show for me.
lasso just signed Zlatan, if they get this character half right then this will be the best season of any show ever

Kind of over Ted Lasso. Watched the first one tonight and it’s just more of the same. I’ll watch the entire season but they are right to finish it.
I had enough after two seasons. Won’t even bother with season 3 to be honest. But it was fun.

I feel curmudgeonly due to my opinion on Lasso because its so universally beloved, and I loved Season 1, but I couldn't make it even halfway through season 2 and have no intention of picking it back up. I hated season 2 right from the start - seemed like they doubled-down on the silly stupid stuff and dropped the only interesting aspects of the show for me.
lasso just signed Zlatan, if they get this character half right then this will be the best season of any show ever

Like if they make Zlatan deathly afraid of cats, or he has really smelly breath or some other super funny thing. That will be hilarious.

Didn’t realize this was a Bill Lawrence show plus Roy Kent. I am pretty much guaranteed to love it, never saw a Bill Lawrence show that I didn’t find hilarious
I saw that Zach Braff even directed an episode. Lots of good people working on the show.

I saw that Zach Braff even directed an episode. Lots of good people working on the show.
It really is a great show

The old guy Harrison Ford has still got it. He is great in this. And I've been a fan of Jason Segel for awhile now. His movie Bad Teacher is a few fun hours.

The old guy Harrison Ford has still got it. He is great in this. And I've been a fan of Jason Segel for awhile now. His movie Bad Teacher is a few fun hours.
I found "Forgetting Sara Marshall" on a channel the other night. Segel, Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Paul Rudd, Russell Brand, Jonah Hill, Bill Hader. 👍

Watching American Hustle for the third'ish time.
The opening scene when Christian Bale sets his comb over is such a spectacular scene.
I watch that movie every 1-2 years, and always pick up on things I'd missed before. The cast of characters in the opening scene, and which ones reappear later in critical scenes is great.

I found "Forgetting Sara Marshall" on a channel the other night. Segel, Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Paul Rudd, Russell Brand, Jonah Hill, Bill Hader. 👍
han solo cussing and saying raw dog is sooo good

I absolutely love For All Mankind. There is one storyline that drives me nuts and makes me hate one character almost as much as Skylar White but everything else about the show is awesome. From the special effects, the score, the drama between characters we've seen grow over decades, the alternative history, the tension.. Great show.

I'm in middle of season 3.

2 movies:

Planet Terror (Roku): I had never seen this. This was half of Grindhouse, the Rodriguez/Tarentino 70s exploitation-style dual movies. This was Rodriguez's half. The cast was good, the acting was awful, but intentionally so, the gore was extreme (all gunshots caused explosions of blood, limbs exploding off, etc.) and intentionally over the top. I think this one comes down to your mood and how you feel about the homage aspect. At times, it's just another bad 70s zombie movie... if that's intentional, is it successful or bad? Both? Anyway, I was in the right mood and enjoyed it. It was stupid and excessive, but fun. I've seen enough of the movies it's mimicking to appreciate it, but if you haven't seen as many, it might not hit for you.

Solaris 72 (Prime/Freevee): This is considered a classic sci-fi movie that moved the genre forward by focusing more on the human aspect than technology. It's in Russian with subtitles. I made it about 40 minutes before bailing - nothing had happened, there had been two scenes that felt like 3 minutes each of just traffic... this is what I get when I go against my "movies from before Star Wars aren't worth it" rule. Maybe it gets great, but man that was a long 40 minutes.

Oh, and I watched Prometheus (Hulu) again. The first time I saw it, I thought it was well made but frustratingly confusing. Each time I watch it, I like it more and more. I think it's a genuinely good movie. Some great horror scenes in there, and it does make sense after some thought (and some help from the internet - I wasn't smart enough to catch everything).

Oh, and I watched Prometheus (Hulu) again. The first time I saw it, I thought it was well made but frustratingly confusing. Each time I watch it, I like it more and more. I think it's a genuinely good movie. Some great horror scenes in there, and it does make sense after some thought (and some help from the internet - I wasn't smart enough to catch everything).
Dumbest astronauts and scientists evah IMO. But I've watched it twice. :bag:

I'm on the record that this is a great movie. Definitely underappreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread