What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (5 Viewers)

Any Resident Alien fans? Season 4 looks to be in "flux"

Seems fine - I like the show but it probably could/should have been 1-2 seasons.
I'm in the middle of S2 and it's still pretty good. Does it fall off a lot in S3?
I don't think so. It's still silly and has funny moments but maybe for some the silliness grows old. I know my wife grows tired of the lines from the sheriff but likes the show itself. BIG cliffhanger in the final episode of S3.

Seems fine - I like the show but it probably could/should have been 1-2 seasons.
I'm in the middle of S2 and it's still pretty good. Does it fall off a lot in S3?
I don't think so. It's still silly and has funny moments but maybe for some the silliness grows old. I know my wife grows tired of the lines from the sheriff but likes the show itself. BIG cliffhanger in the final episode of S3.
I love the sheriff.

It was a bit different than the first two seasons and I could someone not liking it as much. I got kind of annoyed with the bird alien at times but overall I still liked the season and look forward to the next season.

Read the Dark Matter book via recommendation from the FBG book thread and really enjoyed it. Wife and I watched the first 2 episodes on Apple last night and it was good - it’ll be interesting to see how this progresses going forward because the book got wild as it went on.

Oh yeah, and Jennifer Connelly ♥️

Read the Dark Matter book via recommendation from the FBG book thread and really enjoyed it. Wife and I watched the first 2 episodes on Apple last night and it was good - it’ll be interesting to see how this progresses going forward because the book got wild as it went on.

Is this at all related to the Canadian Syfy show by the same name?

No, it’s based on a book. Still Sci-fi in theme, but not like the Canadian show which looks like it’s in space.

No, it’s based on a book. Still Sci-fi in theme, but not like the Canadian show which looks like it’s in space.
Dark Matter was a fun SyFy channel show. The new one is unrelated.

It did fall off to me. I didn’t like the bird woman direction and started to lose me.

i dunno what the rest of this post says. saw Jennifer Connelly's name and got distracted.

I loved this book. Didn't realize it was made into a show. Thanks!

Finished up The Regime. Kate Winslet was great in it. Weird, crazy show with a satisfying ending. Visually beautiful. Not sure if I'd recommend it because it's probably not for everyone but we both enjoyed it.

Finished up The Regime. Kate Winslet was great in it. Weird, crazy show with a satisfying ending. Visually beautiful. Not sure if I'd recommend it because it's probably not for everyone but we both enjoyed it.
Couldn't make it past first episode. And I'm a Winslet fan.

Couldn't make it past first episode. And I'm a Winslet fan.
I almost did the same but I'm glad I stuck with it. There was a ton of setup in the first episode.

Ruh roh.
Really, Sugar? Really????
Ruh roh.

Haven't seen this week, but it's been on the edge of teetering since week 3.
[Spoilerish? Maybe sort of a spoiler alert?]:

There are some clues (especially in hindsight), but it definitely takes a bit of a turn.
After being mostly luke warm on the show to this point, I’m out. This will be the new “jump the shark,” half way through season one no less! I won’t try to name it yet for spoilers, but should be its own thread.

Haven't watched this yet, but every time I see it pop up on Apple TV, I get the Pearl Jam song stuck in my head.

Ruh roh.
Really, Sugar? Really????
Ruh roh.

Haven't seen this week, but it's been on the edge of teetering since week 3.
[Spoilerish? Maybe sort of a spoiler alert?]:

There are some clues (especially in hindsight), but it definitely takes a bit of a turn.
After being mostly luke warm on the show to this point, I’m out. This will be the new “jump the shark,” half way through season one no less! I won’t try to name it yet for spoilers, but should be its own thread.

Uh... 🤣

Restarted American rust season 1 because it’s been so long, but looking forward to getting to season 2. Forgot how good I think the show is.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to watch season 2 now. I thought season 1 was pretty good for awhile but then Daniels seemed to fold up his character and just do whatever Maura Tierney wanted him to do. Also thought it wasn't as good as Mare of Easttown which is in a similar setting. But I'll still watch because Maura Tierney.

Restarted American rust season 1 because it’s been so long, but looking forward to getting to season 2. Forgot how good I think the show is.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to watch season 2 now. I thought season 1 was pretty good for awhile but then Daniels seemed to fold up his character and just do whatever Maura Tierney wanted him to do. Also thought it wasn't as good as Mare of Easttown which is in a similar setting. But I'll still watch because Maura Tierney.
Enjoyed mare a lot too. Wish they’d have another season of that.

Enjoyed mare a lot too. Wish they’d have another season of that.
Me too, but honestly I fear it'd be a True Detective level of disappointment so I'm not too upset they haven't.

Watched the first episode of 30 Coins on HBO

Spanished HBO Europe show, supernatural churchy stuff. Will keep watching

note: subtitles

Also, anyone watch 30 Coins on HBO? Had to bail like 10 minutes in because my wife doesnt do subtitles but it looked interesting to me.
Just finished the first season of 30 Coins and it's interesting enough to get me to watch the second. It does move right along, like when the attractive veterinarian's dead husband shows up alive, they hop in the sack, then he tries to kill her and dies again. But the few bits with the monsters are a sign that the writers ran out of ideas. "Not sure how to make this more menacing, guess I'll throw in a beast from hell".

As for subtitles I greatly enjoy them. Some shows have bad audio quality, plus I've been gradually losing my hearing for several years, so I record things with subtitles that I'll be able to watch again if/when I go deaf. Gotta plan.

Wife and I just finished season one of Hacks (HBO). Surprisingly funny and different. Sort of a Mrs. Maisel vibe combined with maybe Veep and a more depressing show. 8/10.
Started season 2 this evening. Never saw Mrs. Maisel and haven't finished Veep, but I'm really liking the show. It's got a little bit of everything and I love me some Jean Smart. 8/10 for sure.

Reactions: Zow
The Tom Brady Roast made me realize that I haven't really watched any comedy specials in probably 10+ years. I don't even know who the good comics are these days. My previous favorites were probably Chris Rock and Ron White which are practically ancient history LOL. Any recommendations that are available on Netflix, Prime, or Hulu?

The Tom Brady Roast made me realize that I haven't really watched any comedy specials in probably 10+ years. I don't even know who the good comics are these days. My previous favorites were probably Chris Rock and Ron White which are practically ancient history LOL. Any recommendations that are available on Netflix, Prime, or Hulu?
All the Nate Bargatze ones

Hacks is a good show. It's successful at walking the line between drama and comedy. Jean Smart is great, I can't imagine the show working with any other actress in her role.

Last edited:

James Acaster has a brilliant one if you can stand British humour

I like Neal Brennan.

Anthony Jeselnik

I always recommend Leanne Morgan’s Netflix special. It’s the most I’ve laughed in a long time.

John Mulaney. Patton Oswalt.

Wife and I just finished season one of Hacks (HBO). Surprisingly funny and different. Sort of a Mrs. Maisel vibe combined with maybe Veep and a more depressing show. 8/10.
Hacks is a very good show. Season 3 is airing now. The actress that plays Ava is Lorraine Newman of SNL's daughter.

Chappelle
Bill Burr
Louis CK
Shane Gillis

As a huge Dumb & Dumber fan, I saw Dumb & Dumber To was just released on Netflix and I couldn’t believe how I didn’t see this when it first came out. After watching it, now I know. It’s basically just the first movie again with older actors and about 10% as funny.

Bosch Legacy (Prime)

I liked the original Bosch show. It was good a time killer. I loved the Jamie Hector character. When that show ended, I tried watching Legacy when it first came out, but I couldn't get past the daughter's character. She's just dreadful to watch. But I ran into a stretch where I was desperate and gave it another try. The daughter's acting is still the worst acting on TV, but I'm glad I watched. I liked it. It's not likely to win any awards, but it was ok.

Bosch Legacy (Prime)

I liked the original Bosch show. It was good a time killer. I loved the Jamie Hector character. When that show ended, I tried watching Legacy when it first came out, but I couldn't get past the daughter's character. She's just dreadful to watch. But I ran into a stretch where I was desperate and gave it another try. The daughter's acting is still the worst acting on TV, but I'm glad I watched. I liked it. It's not likely to win any awards, but it was ok.
She is terrible but the story and feel was the same. It was tough getting through her parts as she should definitely in no way be a cop. Reality really needs to be suspended to believe that part.

Since I don't subscribe to Netflix I decided to check out the 30 episode Chinese version of Three Body (Three Body Problem on NF) on Peacock.

I'm very intrigued.
I'm about half way through and it's still got me hooked but man is the story advancing at a glacial pace.
Finished it. 30 hours worth. A lot of it was entertaining. Underwhelming finale.

I wonder how different the Netflix version is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread