What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (1 Viewer)

This mix on shuffle is predictably bonkers in terms of any flow or consistency in genres.

King Sunny Ade - Ma Jaiye Oni - mostly instrumental African pop that would later be co-opted by a bunch of white guys from elite schools.

Godsmack - Rocky Mountain Way - hard rock cover of a song I hate the original version of, ends up sounding like Bad Company turned to 11 or something.

Arrested Development - Tennessee - Not new to me, classic early 90s hip hop

Nirvana - Frances Farmer, etc... - And now some classic grunge from the same era. I actually haven't heard this song in quite a while, still rips.

Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills, - Just for good measure let's put some late 90s pop-R&B into the mix. My pick and I might have to take more pop just to keep the playlist sufficiently eclectic.
...and then the next 5

Gram Parsons - Streets of Baltimore- now some 70s country -  This is where I admit I've never really listened to Gram Parsons - I really liked this though.

Tegan and Sara - Nineteen - Some mid-00s indie pop makes it easily the newest original song I've heard so far. Mentioned when it was picked, this is probably my favourite Tegan and Sara song (or maybe it's Where Does the Good Go? or U-Turn - they're great).

Van Halen - Top Jimmy  - Wait, this wasn't a Zilla pick? I guess this maybe is in a similar vein to the Godsmack cover.

Simon & Garfunkel - Me & Julio Down by the Schoolyard (live) - Has more in common with the Van Halen song than I would have thought without hearing them back to back, which probably says more about the swinging live version here and the R&B influence in 'Top Jimmy'.

Tom Petty - Bus to Tampa Bay - Haven't heard this before, I get an 'Against the Wind' vibe from it.

Adam Lambert - Mad World - Good version of this song, I like the quicker versions of this song because Tears for Fears. And I associate the slow version with Gears of War advertisements because millenials or something.

Happy Mondays - 24 Hour Party People  - I don't actually know this song but I like it like most Happy Mondays songs I've heard - is the movie with the same night worth watching?

The Jets - Crush On You - I have never heard of this band, this song is kind of awesome.

Blake Shelton - Austin - Such sap, who picked this ####. At least some early 00s nu-country ticks another genre box.

Dead Boys - High Tension Wire - Another band I don't know - I looked them up on Wikipedia and thought I saw Jeff Mangum, which was confusing but it was Jeff Magnum, and it was a pseudonym...

Dead Boys - High Tension Wire - Another band I don't know - I looked them up on Wikipedia and thought I saw Jeff Mangum, which was confusing but it was Jeff Magnum, and it was a pseudonym...
Yeah, I picked this. They were a Cleveland punk band that moved to New York. Formed from the ashes of Rocket From The Tombs, they're sort of famous (I guess) in '77 punk aficiondo circles, however deep those waters run anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bowie/Jagger - Dancing in the Street - Definitely not my favourite of the Bowie songs drafted...

Nothing Compares 2 U - I'm feeling these ballads that became massive hits lately, I may have to draft a Philly player at some point... 

Golden Years - don't need to say much about these last couple songs, still great, hold up well. 

Ace Frehley - New York Groove - I actually am more familiar with the other version of this from whatever Grand Theft Auto game it was in. Like this better, I think.

Lamb of God - Redneck - Just what the mix was missing so far... COOKIE MONSTER!

Tommy Keene - This Could Be Fiction - I'm familiar with Tommy Keene, I used to follow a bunch of power pop blogs, when I want really deep into the genre a few years back, don't remember this particular song, but I love it.

R.E.M. Radio Song (live) - :wub:  R.E.M. Hearing this live version makes me very happy I saw them for the first (and only time) in 2008, at what I guess may be the last show they ever play in Canada. 

Whitesnake - You're Gonna Break My Heart Again  - I've heard every song on Whitesnake's Greatest Hits hundreds of time from driving around in my older brothers old Honda Civic growing up. Some of them haven't aged so well but this is still pretty good.

Scruffy the Cat - Bucknaked - What exactly did I just listen to.

Van Halen - Ice Cream Man - Side 2 of the self-titled album probably deserves more love, I'd much rather head this than Runnin' With the Devil for the 500th time.

I'm just doing this one for me, it will be mostly heavy but Lep is coming,.. anyway sorry big mix! 

I won't be sad if you leave mine out

So that Not Tim league is $100?  What a cluster.. looks like it might be.. Alexa what's a synonym for DOA

I guess we'll see if he gets a time out.  And, yes, I reported that.

How bad was Eminence if everyone seems to think it's him?

I guess we'll see if he gets a time out.  And, yes, I reported that.

How bad was Eminence if everyone seems to think it's him?
I think it is Eminence which I why I basically regretted posting a laughing emoji next to what I was doing. I meant my regret. There's something not right with that meltdown, and people saw it coming.

8.09: WR Josh Gordon, New England Patriots

Song: "Ridin' Dirty", Chamillionaire
Pic of Gordon...

R.E.M. Radio Song (live) - :wub:  R.E.M. Hearing this live version makes me very happy I saw them for the first (and only time) in 2008, at what I guess may be the last show they ever play in Canada. .

Scruffy the Cat - Bucknaked - What exactly did I just listen to.
That REM Unplugged is one of my favorite unplugged shows.

Scruffy the Cat was a small jangle-pop/cowpunk band from the late 80s. They were a fun group to see live, and their music often had a not very serious edge to it.

Not many NFL teams in Toronto, so Eephus is happy I can’t pick Rush songs!

Yea man honestly pretty uncomfortable. Not sure I want to stay in that league. Don’t need that drama. 
I’d be waiting for when that guy tries to pick up & start a free agent at 11:59 am Sunday, but the site freezes rosters or something like that. Or when the dude flubs turning in his lineup before the London game time. It’ll be some Schmidt at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread