What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League (1 Viewer)

I've never heard of either of RA's picks either. I probably should have done some research 
Rookie and career RBBC member that's starting on one of the most potent offenses in football.

Jacobs of Oakland was picked 21st-24th (?) in the draft this past year, Williams of KC was a free agent signing for Miami in 2014. In the absence of Kareem Hunt, Williams broke out late last year and apparently won the job. I watched Jacobs a bit at Bama and last night and liked what I saw, so...

I didn't pick some of the other, more highly rated players above them due to injury concerns/holdouts/valuation.

And that's about that. 

I am sure you have been drinking at this party, I will let you send Winston back in the player pool and pick again...please 
I may be doing you a favor, cause he may throw a million interceptions and get the hook. 

I may be doing you a favor, cause he may throw a million interceptions and get the hook. 
Yeah, possibly. I think the Tampa offense could be pretty explosive though and I like the idea of double points for Winston-Evans 

Rookie and career RBBC member that's starting on one of the most potent offenses in football.

Jacobs of Oakland was picked 21st-24th (?) in the draft this past year, Williams of KC was a free agent signing for Miami in 2014. In the absence of Kareem Hunt, Williams broke out late last year and apparently won the job. I watched Jacobs a bit at Bama and last night and liked what I saw, so...

I didn't pick some of the other, more highly rated players above them due to injury concerns/holdouts/valuation.

And that's about that. 
I drafted Harvey Williams of KC back in the day when I paid attention to the NFL.  Dude had a long neck.

I think he knows that, I meant that Melvin Gordon and the Chargers don't play in San Diego anymore 
Oh. Oh yeah. And I live here, dude. I still forget. What a terrible move, fan-wise. That puts a crimp in the song selection, doesn't it?

Oh. Oh yeah. And I live here, dude. I still forget. What a terrible move, fan-wise. That puts a crimp in the song selection, doesn't it?
It was so dumb. And they play in the small soccer stadium that seats 30k and it's 80% filled with the fans of the other team. They basically get no true home games. I don't think they last long in LA. 

Since I would be going with a middle range receiver, and I figure there are gonna be a bunch of those left when I get my next pick, I ought to go with a better TE.

4.06 - TE - Zach Ertz - Philadelphia

For music, Zach was born in 1990. (Was looking thru music from that year, and it was awesome.)

Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares to U

It was so dumb. And they play in the small soccer stadium that seats 30k and it's 80% filled with the fans of the other team. They basically get no true home games. I don't think they last long in LA. 
This is where to notice the political can't help but be done, but I won't start a conflagration. San Diego is a very conservative city, for a city. Lots of military. Navy especially. They refused to build a public stadium with another raise in the sales tax, and so the Chargers moved. Total free market at work. To keep it apolitical, I'll take no stance on it either way, but they downvoted it, and the Chargers took off. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Philip Rivers still lives in SD, doesn't that count? ;)

This is where to notice the political can't help but be done, but I won't start a conflagration. San Diego is a very conservative city, for a city. Lots of military. Navy especially. They refused to build a public stadium with another raise in the sales tax, and so the Chargers moved. Total free market at work. To keep it apolitical, I'll take no stance on it either way, but they downvoted it, and the Chargers took off. 
At least they didn't just pack up in the middle of the night and leave!

Hey, Philip Rivers still lives in SD, doesn't that count? ;)
I still can't nest quotes on my Mac and I'm on here all the time. How again? Can you try and explain it like I'm a petulant and not terribly bright five year-old. TIA. 
EDIT: to fix the quote. Didn't do it properly. @rockaction

For the quotes...I highlight the section I want to quote and then a little button that says "Quote Selection." Click there and it will then show up on that pages typing area.

You can also do something with "["Quote"]" and "["/Quote"]" just like with for the hidden quote, but I'm not that great at that. I can never get them to end properly.

As for Mr. Rivers, he had a real nice big SUV outfitted with several TVs, ripped out the middle row seats, and such so he can do some prep work on the way to and from LA.

Nope. Not working. I get a multiquote box option that I can't use. Oh well. I guess I'll just use it this way. Thanks, man. 

Users who are viewing this thread