What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Sunday Night Football - Vikings at Broncos** (-3, 41.5) 8:20 (1 Viewer)

Game started lame and actually ended decent. Big win for Broncos. 0-3 coming off a 70 pt Miami performance. Then 1-5. To be 5-5 is remarkable. Well done

This is why he’s been a backup.

Can’t throw a team down the field.
Yeah tonight kind of showed me why KOC didn't have Dobbs keep attacking in the 2nd half vs the Saints.

Dobbs makes some risky throws. He got away with one that could have been picked in the previous game too. Denver corners too good for him to get away with some of those sketchy throws.

So the honeymoon is over somewhat. Starting to see Dobbs weaknesses and limitations now.

This is why he’s been a backup.

Can’t throw a team down the field.
This WR core w/o Jefferson is kinda harmless with Surtain locking up Addison; Jefferson being out there would have freed Addison up. You saw Dobbs try to hit Hockenson but the pressure was relentless.
While this is true and Jefferson would make a difference I am less optimistic about Dobbs overall now after this performance.

I'm still not sure if that early shot to the head Dobbs took didn't affect him the whole game either. That at least had to make him uncomfortable.

KOC maybe shouldn't have him running outside like that early on in the game.

Dobbs makes some risky throws. He got away with one that could have been picked in the previous game too. Denver corners too good for him to get away with some of those sketchy throws.

So the honeymoon is over somewhat. Starting to see Dobbs weaknesses and limitations now.
Remember that Mahomes and KC only scored 9 and 19 points in 2 games vs DEN. It's gonna be interesting to see how he finishes the season and who signs him for 2024. TB, ATL, NE, MIN, LV, NO come to mind.

Remember that Mahomes and KC only scored 9 and 19 points in 2 games vs DEN. It's gonna be interesting to see how he finishes the season and who signs him for 2024. TB, ATL, NE, MIN, LV, NO come to mind.
Yeah not sure what is ultimately going to happen. Still happy the Vikings signed him and we will see how he does for the rest of the season.

Just that some of mystique and optimism about him came back to earth now. Some of his flaws are starting to show themselves.

Denver played well on defense, but the Vikings did as well holding Denver to field goals on short fields all game until that last drive.

It's a team sport no doubt, but I think the team played well enough for the Vikings to win. Just needed Dobbs to make a few throws and get the Vikings in field goal range but couldn't get that done.

The Vikings maybe should have run the ball a bit more. Obviously turnovers were costly. That fumble by Mattison especially, the Vikings were in field goal range. They had the opportunity to put the game out of reach but failed to do that.

I can't be mad at the defense giving up that late TD. They played very well all game. Sutton made some great catches including the game winner.

As far as all the WR screens and dump offs to the RBs to drive the field, I think that is a good way to attack the Vikings defense. Plays like this somewhat mitigate all the blitzing and blitz looks of the Vikings defense.

It also happens to be what Denver does well. The mobility and pocket presence of Wilson is part of that. He is able to post snap read what the Vikings defense is doing and keep the play alive long enough to do something with it.

If the Vikings had Hicks and Evans available it would have helped. They did pick on Blackmon a lot.

Had a parlay with Dobbs scoring anytime, Sutton scoring anytime, Lutz with 3+ FG made, Joseph with 2+ FG made and Hockenson with 5.5+ Rec for a 7500 payout.

FML I hate Minnesota

Thank you Broncos !! Sorry @Biabreakable
:shrug: The Lions don't need to worry about the Vikings catching them for the division.

I know the Lions had a nail biter vs the Bears and almost lost that game. But they found a way to win anyways and that's what good teams do. Unlike the Vikings vs Denver yesterday.

The Lions just need to handle their business when they play the Vikings later this season to lock the division up. Which I expect them to do.

Sure it would be a bit tighter race if the Vikings won and Lions lost yesterday but the Lions still control their own destiny here regardless.

That it went the other way just means the Lions have more breathing room.

:shrug: The Lions don't need to worry about the Vikings catching them for the division.

I know the Lions had a nail biter vs the Bears and almost lost that game. But they found a way to win anyways and that's what good teams do. Unlike the Vikings vs Denver yesterday.

The Lions just need to handle their business when they play the Vikings later this season to lock the division up. Which I expect them to do.

Sure it would be a bit tighter race if the Vikings won and Lions lost yesterday but the Lions still control their own destiny here regardless.

Call it years of being shat on. I’m not relaxed. I’m soaking up all the good signs, good vibes and good results but the Lions will be on a ‘show me, don’t tell me’ basis until we go further than we managed with Matty S ( ie a wildcard playoff game on the road that we lose ). If Vikes stayed super tight to us then 2 games in 3 weeks at end of the season would have my bum hole tight

Call it years of being shat on. I’m not relaxed. I’m soaking up all the good signs, good vibes and good results but the Lions will be on a ‘show me, don’t tell me’ basis until we go further than we managed with Matty S ( ie a wildcard playoff game on the road that we lose ). If Vikes stayed super tight to us then 2 games in 3 weeks at end of the season would have my bum hole tight
Yeah I get it. It's been so long since the Lions have been this good that they will need to sweep the Vikings for 3 seasons or so before I get annoyed about it.

I do think they are that good and can win a playoff game. Not sure if they can beat SF or Philly but they have a better chance than most teams do to pull that off.

Another ****in' helmet-to-helmet dirty hit by that guy.

He should be gone from the league. That's four times now.
Just got another 4-game suspension.
How they didn’t even throw a flag yet it’s suspension worthy - just remarkably bad refereeing.

Imagine if that went for 15 yards instead of a turnover what the game might’ve looked like.

If that it was on, Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow or Aaron Rodgers, I guarantee you that was empty all the laundry out of the referees pocket.

But because it’s a back up, mobile quarterback, who looks a ‘little different’ than some of the other guys in the league they let it slide.

Users who are viewing this thread