What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor 2023 Edition (1 Viewer)

starks

Footballguy
SIAP

Who is feeling Washington at home with me against AZ? I can't see myself picking WAS the rest of the year with any confidence but current spread is up there with the other heavy favorites.

I'm torn between them and Baltimore. I agree Washington is a good pick because Arizona shouldn't be competitive but you never know. I'm sure a lot of people will pick Washington. Baltimore feels safer though.

Lots of people had Washington along with me, just skirted by. Week2 looking treacherous, probably safe play the best maybe just go Buffalo or Dallas

Squeaked by with Washington.

Can definitely see merit in grabbing Buffalo, but I'm strongly considering taking the Giants to bounce back against the Cardinals (who don't have the best home field advantage and I think are truly a bad team).

I'm not a fan of getting cute in early weeks, take the safe bet and worry who you have left later in my opinion.

Went Baltimore in week 1, and likely going Buffalo this week.

I took Washington Week 1 and was lucky to scrape a win to stay alive
I have cold feet taking the Giants fresh off a 40-0 Blowout to Dallas at home Week 1
I'm starting to change my opinion of just picking on the Cards although they have horrible stats especially passing, that's not likely to change.

Not sure who to zero in on this week, many say Philly but I would like to hold off on picking them...Vikes could be dangerous with their season almost on the line in Week 2.

Dallas is the obvious chalk pick, but I imagine a lot of us don’t want to burn them yet. Philly and Buffalo are also good picks that we might want to save. Tampa feels a little too cute.

I’m leaning Buffalo. I have a feeling this may turn into a season from hell for them, in which case saving them isn’t as important. At the same time, I can’t imagine them losing at home to LV to fall to 0-2

Played W week one as well... I'm leaning BUF this week. Also expecting a bounce back after their loss but feel better about them at home against the Raiders. Don't want to get too cute this week.

Even though I will likely choose Buffalo, there is a part of me that says I should go with Dallas because you never want to outsmart yourself. It is true that, in all my years of doing survivor pools, I have never lost because I "ran out" of good teams to use. On the other hand, I have lost a bunch of times because I didn't take the most obvious pick

Buffalo seems appealing, but I keep going back to Detroit. Lions showed a good pass rush against the Chiefs, and now have had a long week to prepare for the Seahawks, who may be missing both offensive tackles.

Interesting analysis from SurvivorGrid.com. Dallas is the biggest favorite, but Buffalo is the most popular pick. I guess everyone wants to save the Cowboys.

This is an interesting week where all the big favorites also have a lot of future value.

Dallas (-9.5) is the largest favorite and second-most popular at nearly 20% but still currently occupies the top EV spot on the grid.

Buffalo (-9) is the next-biggest favorite but also the most popular pick of the week, with almost 27% of entries on them. As a result, their EV is just the 4th highest, although a still respectable 1.03.

San Francisco (-8.5) is the third and final team favored by over a touchdown. They are pretty unpopular this week as many are looking ahead to Week 4, where the 49ers should be the biggest favorite on the board as they host the Cardinals. However, their lack of popularity gives them a solid EV this week of 1.08, just behind the Cowboys.

Philadelphia (-6.5) plays tonight on Thursday Night Football as the next biggest favorite. The Eagles have a solid EV of 1.04. They have similar future value to those teams above, but most of it comes in either the next few weeks or at the end of the season, as they have a tough schedule from weeks 6-15.

Detriot (-5) is a viable option this week with an EV of 1.00 and less future value than the bigger favorites.

Teams like Denver (-3.5) or the New York Giants (-4.5) present lower EV choices with very little future value, similar to the Commanders in Week 1.

Kansas City (-3.5) and Cincinnati (-3.5) are both lower EV options with lots of future value, so they should probably be avoided this week.

Also broke a sweat with The Team From Washington in week 1. Took a quick glance at The G-Men to rebound. Like The Bills and Eagles and Cowboys but would like to save all three of them. So I may take a shot with The Lions. Impressive opening win,the defense is improved,the offense is very good. Seattle struggled big time at home against The Rams and may be short some starters on the o-line.

Also broke a sweat with The Team From Washington in week 1. Took a quick glance at The G-Men to rebound. Like The Bills and Eagles and Cowboys but would like to save all three of them. So I may take a shot with The Lions. Impressive opening win,the defense is improved,the offense is very good. Seattle struggled big time at home against The Rams and may be short some starters on the o-line.
Lions will also be short their left tackle.

Buffalo seems appealing, but I keep going back to Detroit. Lions showed a good pass rush against the Chiefs, and now have had a long week to prepare for the Seahawks, who may be missing both offensive tackles.
:kicksrock:
Dadgummit. Lions lost the OT coin flip, and never touched the ball on offense again. I thought that rule was changed after the Bills / Chiefs controversy a couple of years ago, but Googled it today to see that only applies in the playoffs.

Tough week for the folks who like to save good teams for later in the season. Top options this week:

KC (-12.5) vs Chi
Dal (-12) @ AZ
SF (-10) vs NYG

If you want to save them, best options are Jax (Hou), Balt (Indy), Miami (Den), NE (NYJ) or Seattle (Car).

If Jax/Hou wasn't a divisional game I'd give that one a lot more thought. Miami-Denver is attractive, too. But yeah, may just play it safe and go KC

Looking at this chart, I'm starting to think Dallas makes the most sense. You're not going to want to use them again until Weeks 10 or 11 (NYG/@Car), which is an eternity in survivor pools

I've been thinking Dallas or KC, but I'm tempted by Seattle taking on Carolina at home. Young on the road in Seattle. Horn out. Barrett out. Burns added to the injury report. Sanders and Young both look limited.

I've been thinking Dallas or KC, but I'm tempted by Seattle taking on Carolina at home. Young on the road in Seattle. Horn out. Barrett out. Burns added to the injury report. Sanders and Young both look limited.
Came here to post exactly that. I'd rather not burn KC and Dallas just yet, don't totally trust Jax, and Miami seems just enough like a trap game to make me nervous. Seattle's not great, but Carolina is an absolute dumpster fire right now. But is that getting cute?

Another top-heavy week. Best options are:
  • SF vs ARI
  • KC @ NYJ
  • PHI vs WAS
  • DAL vs NE
Then it drops off to LAC vs LV, NO vs TB, MIN @ CAR and CIN @ Tenn.

I'm thinking of going chalk with SF. After this week, they don't have any obvious gimmes for awhile (@Jax W10, TB W11). As anyone who picked Dallas last week knows, Arizona is no pushover, but playing @SF I don't think they have the horses

This is the opposite of a top-heavy week. Three biggest favs are Miami (NYG), Detroit (CAR) and Washington (CHI).

Other options
  • Buf (Jax in London)
  • Phi @ LAR
  • Bal @ Pitt
  • KC @ Minn
Kind of leaning Washington tonight. This is definitely the only time all year you'll want to use them. Detroit is good, too, although as a Lions fan I have visions of last year's beatdown running through my head. Miami plays the Panthers next week, but maybe this week is the time to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread