What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (1 Viewer)

Again the editing is so predicable.   When all the talk was "Parv" my wife said right away.  "Parv is not going home tonight"

Not sure why they picked Ethan when they could have cut the head off the snake and got rid of Rob.  Does Sandra ever do a puzzle or anything but stand there watching?  Sandra was so dam happy a little shark got caught in the net, like she was up all night fishing.

Again the editing is so predicable.   When all the talk was "Parv" my wife said right away.  "Parv is not going home tonight"

Not sure why they picked Ethan when they could have cut the head off the snake and got rid of Rob.  Does Sandra ever do a puzzle or anything but stand there watching?  Sandra was so dam happy a little shark got caught in the net, like she was up all night fishing.
I'm not sure why they didn't go after Rob initially, but once Adam spilled the beans I can understand at that point why they didn't.  You don't want to risk a HII being played.  Switching off of Parv was smart because there is too good a chance that she plays one if she has one since she was the target.  Decent chance Rob does as well since he knows that one of the "old schoolers" are being targeted.  Going Ethan ensured that the 3 where knocked down to 2 and the chance of a HII being successfully played is minimal.

The 4 of them are now in charge.  Will be interesting to see if Rob and Parv try to work with Adam going forward.

Was thinking the same thing.. Maybe they were concerned about the "Power Couple" being on the other island together teaming up against all  :shrug:  

Seems like you need one other player you can trust is becoming a theme.  Right now I'm looking at Sarah, Tony then Michelle and Jeremy getting that edit. Natalie is the wild card. Those fire tokens she is accumulating have to pay off for her on EI. Which is a plus for Michelle and Jeremy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why they didn't go after Rob initially, but once Adam spilled the beans I can understand at that point why they didn't.  You don't want to risk a HII being played.  Switching off of Parv was smart because there is too good a chance that she plays one if she has one since she was the target.  Decent chance Rob does as well since he knows that one of the "old schoolers" are being targeted.  Going Ethan ensured that the 3 where knocked down to 2 and the chance of a HII being successfully played is minimal.

The 4 of them are now in charge.  Will be interesting to see if Rob and Parv try to work with Adam going forward.
Denise and Adam seemed to be tight, he had a shocked look on his face when he realized that even she didn't give him the heads up that the vote was moving. Trying to play both sides really bit him in the butt. She had to do that to secure her place with the other 3 and create a little distance from Adam.  I know she's happy to have the complete idol and not relying on him to give her half at the "right" time.  Ben knowing she has at least half an idol is problematic, it would probably be good for her if Adam is eliminated before the beans are spilled to Ben that the idol is whole.

So, so dumb to go tell Rob the plan. You don't make your plans based on trying to work with him late into the game - you make your plans based on how soon you can safely vote him off.

Odd strategy by Adam.  Why convince your alliance to vote Parv and then go tell Parv's #1 ally about the plan?   :loco:    Adam is over-thinking things or just not very aware of his surroundings.

I like Ethan but he seemed over his head out there.  Wouldn't be surprised if he raised the sail to go get a burger. 

Natalie has a strong game.  Hope she gets back into the mix at some point.  

Sandra sits out another challenge.  Image that.

And she celebrated it as she walked to the bench.  :lol:  

I :doh:  when Sarah included Tony in her steal-a-vote mission.  Think that's going to come back to bite her.
It makes you realize sometimes how dumb the non-winners of those seasons are. These winners making just awful decisions is fun to watch. 

It makes you realize sometimes how dumb the non-winners of those seasons are. These winners making just awful decisions is fun to watch. 
Most of the time the winners were far from the best contestants.  Survivor is not really the strongest and best as those types of players for the most part don`t last long.  The only way a strong player wins is by winning 4-5 challenges in a row toward the end.  Otherwise they get ousted.

Most of the time the winners were far from the best contestants.  Survivor is not really the strongest and best as those types of players for the most part don`t last long.  The only way a strong player wins is by winning 4-5 challenges in a row toward the end.  Otherwise they get ousted.
Agreed, but usually they weren’t bottom feeders. Some of these mistakes are inexcusable. Asking for help to get an advantage when all he can do is put ash on your face in the dark? Showing another person how to find an idol so they find it? Suggesting giving half your idol to Parvati? Telling a minority group’s lead person you want their help to vote off his #1 when you’ve got them 5-3 and doing it without telling the other 4?

And lastly, not voting off Sandra, Rob or Parvati in the first 4 votes.

I :doh:  when Sarah included Tony in her steal-a-vote mission.  Think that's going to come back to bite her.
:goodposting:

Sort of humorous to hear them explain the strategy behind having loose lips, when it's painfully obvious the reality is they just can't wait to divulge a secret. Tony provided no assistance whatsoever.

:goodposting:

Sort of humorous to hear them explain the strategy behind having loose lips, when it's painfully obvious the reality is they just can't wait to divulge a secret. Tony provided no assistance whatsoever.
I get that Cops have a special bond with each other. I get that cops that are partners have an even more special bond with each other. I also get that for $2 million, Tony will sell Sarah down the river in a second. Sarah doesn't seem to get that yet.

Yeah, the problem is, you need to trust someone.  Adam trusted everyone so far, big mistake.  From what they've shown Sarah trusts Tony, which doesn't look good for her based on Tony's confessionals.

Rob trusted Ethan and Parvati.  Parvati and Rob are now just hoping a tribe switch comes along.  They should have voted Rob out this week.  Ethan was not a threat to anyone.  Need to put Amber and Rob both at Exile, at least then only one of them can get back in the game.

I felt like they must have cut out a lot of conversations between Sarah and Tony.  Seemed like an odd jump.

I did like their little 'pistol' hand shake

I get that Cops have a special bond with each other. I get that cops that are partners have an even more special bond with each other. I also get that for $2 million, Tony will sell Sarah down the river in a second. Sarah doesn't seem to get that yet.
She should. He did it to her before when they played together, if I'm remembering that right.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
She should. He did it to her before when they played together, if I'm remembering that right.
I agree, she should. I think the number one rule in survivor is to keep secret information to yourself. You know something that someone else doesn't which gives you an advantage. On the rare occasion, you might share secret information to build trust with an ally. But I would say 99% of the time, that ally shouldn't be someone WHO HAS STABBED YOU IN THE BACK BEFORE!!!!

Yeah, the problem is, you need to trust someone.  Adam trusted everyone so far, big mistake.  From what they've shown Sarah trusts Tony, which doesn't look good for her based on Tony's confessionals.

Rob trusted Ethan and Parvati.  Parvati and Rob are now just hoping a tribe switch comes along.  They should have voted Rob out this week.  Ethan was not a threat to anyone.  Need to put Amber and Rob both at Exile, at least then only one of them can get back in the game.
The edit seems to be putting an emphasis on duos. Lot of editing about who is paired up with who. So I'm keeping my eye on duos. Right now Sarah and Tony and Michelle and Jeremy appear to me to be the strongest duos in the game. Natalie so far is the star of EoE who is with also aligned with Michelle and Jeremy  especially Jeremy. With her fire tokens is has to the favorite to be one of the returnees. Would be a good story if Natalie and Jeremy get to the end together after being the first duo broken up. Cops r Us is a good story line as well.  

Michelle and Jeremy
If they can keep Ben and Denise on board for awhile these two would be my favorites from their tribe.  If they don't do a remix of the tribes, I like all four of those guys to make the merge. 

Plus Adam's hanging out on a limb and might be a vote you can wrangle -- it'll be hard for Rob and Parv to create a new alliance from the bottom since everyone knows how dangerous they are.

If they can keep Ben and Denise on board for awhile these two would be my favorites from their tribe.  If they don't do a remix of the tribes, I like all four of those guys to make the merge. 

Plus Adam's hanging out on a limb and might be a vote you can wrangle -- it'll be hard for Rob and Parv to create a new alliance from the bottom since everyone knows how dangerous they are.
It's still early but right now I'm looking at one of Michelle, Jeremy, Sarah or Tony as my pick for winner of this season. As wildcards I'm going to include Natalie Sophie and Yul if the season is about duos. Just don't see Rob,Sandra or Parvati winning.  I do think Parvati outlasts Rob and Sandra because of her lack of screen time so far. 

Even the first HIIs play into the you need to trust someone theme. Getting help from people on EOE also adds to that layer.  

Sandra is a joke. I would've sent her ### packing at the first Tribal.
Still amazed that Sandra, Rob and Parvati are all still alive. Sheeple. Not like Sandra even has any real allies just people who don’t want to be a target which I’d say is a very highly inflated view of themselves. 

stbugs said:
Still amazed that Sandra, Rob and Parvati are all still alive. Sheeple. Not like Sandra even has any real allies just people who don’t want to be a target which I’d say is a very highly inflated view of themselves. 
Keeping bigger personalities around is good for TV.  I think the producers at least offer their opinions on who should be voted next and try to steer it where they can.  Whether the cast listens is another story.  Even if not the producers influencing, I think in the back of the contestant's minds they also want to be remembered.  Nobody remembers the boring seasons and they need to keep these people around for entertainment value.

Keeping bigger personalities around is good for TV.  I think the producers at least offer their opinions on who should be voted next and try to steer it where they can.  Whether the cast listens is another story.  Even if not the producers influencing, I think in the back of the contestant's minds they also want to be remembered.  Nobody remembers the boring seasons and they need to keep these people around for entertainment value.
I can see the producers influencing people's thoughts, but you'd think that at least one of these people wants to be remembered for getting rid of Sandra or Rob.

#Ozzy

Odd strategy by Adam.  Why convince your alliance to vote Parv and then go tell Parv's #1 ally about the plan?   :loco:    Adam is over-thinking things or just not very aware of his surroundings.

I like Ethan but he seemed over his head out there.  Wouldn't be surprised if he raised the sail to go get a burger. 

Natalie has a strong game.  Hope she gets back into the mix at some point.  

Sandra sits out another challenge.  Image that.
Adam’s move backfired, but I think you’re selling him short. His game is convincing as many people as possible to trust him while at the same time trusting nobody himself. He was trying his best to have Rob consider him an ally and build trust. With 99 players out of 100 that move would have worked imo. Rob is just a guy that won’t sit back and let it happen so if anything his failure was underestimating Rob. 

Adam is a good player though and I can see him working back into power. 

I know people keep saying they should get rid of Rob and Sarah, but I could also see the benefit of keeping them around.  I'm not sure people would vote for either of them at the end unless they did something amazing during the show.  But they might be as good as the duds that people usually bring to the end of the game.  

I know people keep saying they should get rid of Rob and Sarah, but I could also see the benefit of keeping them around.  I'm not sure people would vote for either of them at the end unless they did something amazing during the show.  But they might be as good as the duds that people usually bring to the end of the game.  
Yeah, that worked with keeping Sandra around.  She she did some amazing things to win.  :X   You get bitter juries who won't vote for the better player due to spite.

Umm, if they make it to the end, they should win. To have gigantic targets in their back from day 1, they should win at the end. Anyone that goes with them to the end is either a follower of theirs or a made a critical error in judgement.

Umm, if they make it to the end, they should win. To have gigantic targets in their back from day 1, they should win at the end. Anyone that goes with them to the end is either a follower of theirs or a made a critical error in judgement.
I don't think that's 100% the case.  If you let them run the game, then yes.  But if you are running the game, even slightly, while keeping them in the dark on moves, you can use them just like you use the duds.

I don't think that's 100% the case.  If you let them run the game, then yes.  But if you are running the game, even slightly, while keeping them in the dark on moves, you can use them just like you use the duds.
C’mon, you think Rob and Sandra would ever be lemmings or wouldn’t be ready for the final tribal? If someone is dumb enough to bring them to the end they’ll get what they deserve. They talk daily about those two as the biggest threats and somehow at final tribal you are going to convince the jury they you led them there? No chance. The person(s) who gets one or both of them out is the favorite.

C’mon, you think Rob and Sandra would ever be lemmings or wouldn’t be ready for the final tribal? If someone is dumb enough to bring them to the end they’ll get what they deserve. They talk daily about those two as the biggest threats and somehow at final tribal you are going to convince the jury they you led them there? No chance. The person(s) who gets one or both of them out is the favorite.
Rob just got blindsided (in a way) this past episode.  He's not a god.  

Sandra is excellent at manipulation and pleading her case to a jury.  Leaving her around as some sort of goat to take to the finals is a colossal mistake, imo.  

Rob just got blindsided (in a way) this past episode.  He's not a god.  
That’s not remotely what I said at all. Do you deny that everyone on the show hasn’t already been talking about those two being the biggest threats? Almost every discussion seems to bring them up but people seem afraid to target them directly. You said that people could possibly bring them to the final tribal and win. I think that’s incorrect because they are held in such reverence as we’ve seen so far. There’s no way you’d be able to convince people that you brought them in as your followers. If you don’t get rid of them prior to final tribal, then you aren’t winning. If Rob or Sandra make it to the final (no idea if both are there), they deserve to win because no one, I repeat no one has anywhere near the target on their backs as those two.

Also, I will refute what you just said. Among the current roster, Sandra and Rob are gods. They are so far in front of everyone else right now. There are some second tier folks like Yul and Parvati (might be others that emerge), but no one is talking about them and also voting as if they don’t want to get on their bad side. Sandra hasn’t had as much mainly because they aren’t losing challenges.

I don’t think Rob and Sandra will win because they are the top targets and once there are no more Ethans to vote for, the majorities will go after them unless they are controlling a bigger group.

Color me naive, but I really hate the thought of this.  Ruins the entire show.

I wonder if the presence of Extinction Island is helping to keep Rob and Sandra around? They are probably the most vindictive players in the game and I don't think I'd want to be involved in voting either of them out only to have them return to the game later. As long as they are in the minority might as well keep them around until you can actually get them out of the game.

I believe people are keeping them around as bigger targets/shields come the merge then vote them off.  If you are Tony or Jeremy, you want a bigger target then you...

Users who are viewing this thread