What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (5 Viewers)

Yul’s on the other tribe. If Jeremy left only Kim, Tony and Sandra left. That said Jeremy’s advantage is new, correct? I don’t recall anyone walking out of tribal before. 
Yes I think Jeremy's advantage is new to the game this season.  I don't recall anyone being able to walk at TC either.

So much talk about Sandra, but we should also talk about Parv..
Does Wendell actually flip his vote if she gives him her :2cents:   ..

Difficult to say, but I think it would have been worth the chance seeing as she got voted out and had to give them up any ways.. 
Something tells me Wendell would not have flipped and he would have told the jury (if he got there) that he was able to grab two tokens from one of the best players in the game and still voted her off.  

I'm still surprised that Parv didn't work on Nick more.  Perhaps she did and they edited it out.  But he looked like a puppy around her and she is good at manipulating that.  Thought for sure that she and Michelle would easily snatch Nick from Wendell and the other guy.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yul’s on the other tribe. If Jeremy left only Kim, Tony and Sandra left. That said Jeremy’s advantage is new, correct? I don’t recall anyone walking out of tribal before. 
Yes I think Jeremy's advantage is new to the game this season.  I don't recall anyone being able to walk at TC either.
I wonder if he has to tell all, or can just walk over to Jeff, hand it to him and walk away with no explanation.. Or better yet, it allows him to just get up and walk out.. :lol:  

Something tells me Wendell would not have flipped and he would have told the jury (if he got there) that he was able to grab two tokens from one of the best players in the game and still voted her off.  

I'm still surprised that Parv didn't work on Nick more.  Perhaps she did and they edited it out.  But he looked like a puppy around her and she is good at manipulating that.  Thought for sure that she and Michelle would easily snatch Nick from Wendell and the other guy.  
After Wendell's comments at tribal and how he was acting before I thought for sure Nick would flip and Wendell would be gone.  I really liked Wendell the season he won but he seems to have turned into a tool in the time since so was hoping that's what would happen.

After Wendell's comments at tribal and how he was acting before I thought for sure Nick would flip and Wendell would be gone.  I really liked Wendell the season he won but he seems to have turned into a tool in the time since so was hoping that's what would happen.
Yeah, he seemed like such a nice guy but he sure doesn’t seem like he’s a good guy to Michelle or women in general.

Yul definitely as doing double takes. Wouldn’t shock me at all if he and Nick bring in Michelle. I wouldn’t blame them, I think she would likely be a lot more loyal.

i thought it was refreshing.  i can't stand the sensitive players, that get offended and shocked when someone lies to them.  it's a game.  with lying in it.  i wish parvati had made a deal.  then they all vote her out anyway.

This.  Wendell was one of my favorites the year he won.  After last night, I'm hoping he goes next week.  

He must have been extremely confident in his alliance with Yul and Nick (or told them what he was trying to do).  Offering to flip on one of your alliance members, in front of your alliance members?!  It was like he was trying to get voted off.  

This.  Wendell was one of my favorites the year he won.  After last night, I'm hoping he goes next week.  

He must have been extremely confident in his alliance with Yul and Nick (or told them what he was trying to do).  Offering to flip on one of your alliance members, in front of your alliance members?!  It was like he was trying to get voted off.  
ex- drama can be pretty toxic.. it's palpable in this tribe now.  AWK!

He was goading Parvati.  Nothing more.  On the beach, he was just trying to offset the Michele vote by getting Parvati to redirect (getting her tokens was a french benefit).  Was always going to vote her off.

OMG, one of the greatest Tribal's in years.  Was so hoping this was Denise's plan when she bought the immunity from Sandra.

LOL, she got played.  Sold her immunity to have it used to vote her out.  Epic.  Reminds me of Tyson basically voting himself off.

The only question left is does she quit now?  Can't imagine her winning her way back in.
That was answered quickly :)

I hate that Yul got voted off, I really like him.  I think he overplayed his hand by sharing his concepts on market economies.  I really liked Wendell in his previous season, but his attitude towards Michelle has been very off-putting.  I like Nick, Jeremy, and Denise and would love for Tyson to come back as well.  The Rob stuff felt like a setup.  I feel for Ethan.

I hate that Yul got voted off, I really like him.  I think he overplayed his hand by sharing his concepts on market economies.  I really liked Wendell in his previous season, but his attitude towards Michelle has been very off-putting.  I like Nick, Jeremy, and Denise and would love for Tyson to come back as well.  The Rob stuff felt like a setup.  I feel for Ethan.
Wendell sucks. Tyson sucks. 

Rooting hard for Ethan. Or Nick. 

Yea wendall is being a ####.  I think people may keep him around as a shield. Then Michelle can burn him later.

Sandra knew she couldn't win a challenge to return to the game.  Good decision to go get a shower and cheeseburger.

Gotta hand it to Rob, he dominated the token hunt.  Unless it was scripted of course.  

Hate to see Yul go just before the merge.  Wendell is a rooster and is just playing Michelle.  Wish she'd wake up and see that.  

I have a feeling someone else is going to win the challenge to get back in the game but Rob is going to be able to buy his way back in at some point.  

Glad Yul left his tokens with Sophie and Sara.  

Sandra knew she couldn't win a challenge to return to the game.  Good decision to go get a shower and cheeseburger.

Gotta hand it to Rob, he dominated the token hunt.  Unless it was scripted of course.  

Hate to see Yul go just before the merge.  Wendell is a rooster and is just playing Michelle.  Wish she'd wake up and see that.  

I have a feeling someone else is going to win the challenge to get back in the game but Rob is going to be able to buy his way back in at some point.  

Sandra leaving and sitting out nearly every challenge shows how pathetically weak of a player she is. She obviously had a good social game, but blah. 

Yul was his own enemy. Just shut up sometimes. Survivor 101, if you’ve got two people voting with you for the other person just stop. Part of the reason everyone turned on Wendell was that he started negotiating with Parvati and looked like a not so loyal ally. What does Yul do? Starts talking about how to get Wendell’s fire tokens. It’s funny how smart people can be and then they literally do the same thing the other person did. Shut up and don’t talk strategy until after the other person is gone.

Wendell’s an ### and clearly doesn’t respect women but Yul made a similar mistake and somehow put the target back on himself. He was safe and Wendell did his thing again at tribal yet Yul again trumped him. Some people have a hard time not peacocking and that’s not a good look when people are looking for reasons to choose between two people.

Why do I feel that Rob was somehow led a little in the direction of the tokens?   Seems like they want him back.
He's their aging but beloved race horse and may be the last hope for the old school way of playing the game (bullying everyone into compliance) before he's put out to pasture.  Looks like they're setting him up to buy himself back into the game with tokens... just in case he doesn't win the challenge to re-enter.  

Why do I feel that Rob was somehow led a little in the direction of the tokens?   Seems like they want him back.
Honestly, I am one that thinks producers do assist with finding idols (or placing them right where they know certain people will look) but I think this was just Rob running ahead. Tyson found one ridiculously easy. Rob read the clue and obviously knew where the trails ended. They weren’t hidden, he just hustled.

I’m sure they want him back in the game. Also, again I will say Adam is a lucky dude. He might have been the easiest vote on any of the three teams. With two immunities there were 3 of 6 “losing tribes” and his tribe got 2 of the 3 winning slots or he’s gone. After the Rob vote where he didn’t even think 5 minutes ahead I kind of wanted him gone. Not because of Rob, but because I hate when players don’t even think 1 step ahead. Ben was fine because he was hunky-dory with the girls. How ADAM didn’t see that was beyond me.

My favorites for winner are probably Sarah and Sophie. I don’t think anyone else has an idol or does Nick? Denise spent hers and Michelle and Wendell don’t have one.

Just looked it up. Kim has the other immunity. I remembered Sarah has the steal a vote and Jeremy basically has an idol without a vote with his safety without power. His is more of a screw your allies if you are on the bottom.

Depending on how the merge breaks down, this is pretty wide open. Fun season and I do think more than one person comes back from EoE. 

I agree.  I think being around Tyson in person he would be quite annoying but from a viewing perspective he cracks me up.  He is so over the top and obviously over the top its hilarious. 
His "quite a portly fellow" comment about Rob brought a nice chuckle.  When he found the first fire token I thought he was immediately going to say something like "score!  personal pizza come to papa!"  

Honestly, I am one that thinks producers do assist with finding idols (or placing them right where they know certain people will look) but I think this was just Rob running ahead. Tyson found one ridiculously easy. Rob read the clue and obviously knew where the trails ended. They weren’t hidden, he just hustled.

I’m sure they want him back in the game. Also, again I will say Adam is a lucky dude. He might have been the easiest vote on any of the three teams. With two immunities there were 3 of 6 “losing tribes” and his tribe got 2 of the 3 winning slots or he’s gone. After the Rob vote where he didn’t even think 5 minutes ahead I kind of wanted him gone. Not because of Rob, but because I hate when players don’t even think 1 step ahead. Ben was fine because he was hunky-dory with the girls. How ADAM didn’t see that was beyond me.

My favorites for winner are probably Sarah and Sophie. I don’t think anyone else has an idol or does Nick? Denise spent hers and Michelle and Wendell don’t have one.
Why wasn't Denise's tribe looking for idols?  She played 2 last episode, surely there is at least one back in play?

I am surprised that in all of the seasons of Survivor nobody has been bit/stung by a snake, insect, spider, etc. When they look for idols, they start digging around at the base of trees or sticking their hands in holes or crevices and never encounter something that is living/hiding in there? C'mon.

Adam is the biggest weenie out there. I honestly cant stand that guy. 
Oh, complete and total weenie. That's the perfect description. He's the kinda guy who offered to bring the popular kids' lunch trays over to the garbage after they were done so that he could sit at their table in the cafeteria.

So incredibly fitting that he won "MILLENNIALS vs Gen-X".  

Oh, complete and total weenie. That's the perfect description. He's the kinda guy who offered to bring the popular kids' lunch trays over to the garbage after they were done so that he could sit at their table in the cafeteria.

So incredibly fitting that he won "MILLENNIALS vs Gen-X".  
I dont recall all of the details, but I think at the time, I thought he only won because of his mom's heath or death...again, i dont recall which. 

Why wasn't Denise's tribe looking for idols?  She played 2 last episode, surely there is at least one back in play?
Not sure. Kim has one so not sure if they’d put it back out. Sandra’s wouldn’t be planted again. That was a temporary one (only good until that tribal). Maybe they did look but since there was no drama or voting with them we didn’t see anything. Adam got admonished so they showed them and the only other drama was who was going home. I think we saw Tony run and Kim and Denise hook up as allies but nothing else mattered so we barely saw them.

I am surprised that in all of the seasons of Survivor nobody has been bit/stung by a snake, insect, spider, etc. When they look for idols, they start digging around at the base of trees or sticking their hands in holes or crevices and never encounter something that is living/hiding in there? C'mon.
So true. I’d think that maybe the production team tries to clear as much of the dangers out of there. I think it was only Ethan’s season in Africa where they had to protect people. It’s hard to even remember that season but I think it’s because of how boring it was because they couldn’t have people getting eaten by lions.

So true. I’d think that maybe the production team tries to clear as much of the dangers out of there. I think it was only Ethan’s season in Africa where they had to protect people. It’s hard to even remember that season but I think it’s because of how boring it was because they couldn’t have people getting eaten by lions.
 Yeah, I remember they had these big barriers made of these twisted wooden brambles covering up the shelters. Then at some point, the tribes starting burning them for firewood.

Just looked it up. Kim has the other immunity. I remembered Sarah has the steal a vote and Jeremy basically has an idol without a vote with his safety without power. His is more of a screw your allies if you are on the bottom.

Depending on how the merge breaks down, this is pretty wide open. Fun season and I do think more than one person comes back from EoE. 
Spoilerizing in case some don't want to know

Had heard a while ago that it was going to be just like the first time ... one person coming back in the middle around the merge, and one person coming back late.  This lines up with Dalton's Q&E with Probst over at E! who said that not only is next week the merge, but the competition to come back happens

Users who are viewing this thread