What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 44 starts on page 5 (1 Viewer)

Brandon had a graceful exit, especially after a shock he did not see coming. I thought Danny's scenario was most likely, when Yam Yam knew Danny had an idol and was told they were playing it for Frannie. Not sure if Yam Yam didn't think that was an important piece of information to pass on or what. I would have had a hard time following through with what Danny did, but it paid off. In that scenario I would think votes are coming my way, so I'd have to play it for myself.

Kane foreshadowing that it isn't anyone on his tribe winning lol. Time for a listing of odds of winners:

1. Carson - Well liked by all and plays a thoughtful, controlled game
  2. Carolyn - Can't really believe I'm putting her here, but I do think the tribe will continue to underestimate her and never make her the target. I don't think she's much of a challenge threat.
  3. Yam Yam - I think the winner will come from the 3 stooges, though I think Yam Yam is the least likely. Want to drop him lower but I think the edit is in his favor to make a Final Four.
  4. Frannie - I really want to list her higher, but she has rightly been identified as a strong, strategic, and social player. She quickly picked up the target tonight and won't have an idol to save her every night.
  5. Heidi - Smart player, under the radar, very capable
  6. Jamie - Another player who doesn't seem likely to get the target put on her
  7. Lauren - Had a nice immunity win but I'm not sure she has the social connections to carry her far
  8. Danny - Very good at the challenges, but he can't win them all. He hasn't endeared himself to the tribe (except for Frannie) and I think he'll get voted out in the next few episodes
  9. Kane - He may not be the next out but I don't think he has much of a chance to go all the way. I think his confessional was the kiss of death. And for whatever reason I just haven't liked him the whole season.
I definitely have 2 rooting favorites in Frannie and Carson. I'm good with Carolyn (surprisingly), Jamie, Danny, and Heidi. Completely neutral on Lauren. Yam Yam annoys me. Not a fan of Kane.
Producers did a pretty good job last night, I wasn't sure where the vote was going to end up. I thought the vote may end up on Jamie with the way they focused on giving up the idol so I should have guessed it was plan 2, her idol going home with Kane. Even though I didn't like Kane for most of the season, this last episode actually put him in a pretty good light.

I'm never giving my idol/advantage up in one of those situations. Too easy for the person who gets it to just keep it.
Did she give him both idols? I don’t think she did and I have no clue which one she gave him since she thought both were real.

Also, did Jaime even tell anyone about her idols? I don’t recall her telling anyone and rock climbing/falling guy is gone and I don’t think he said anything.
Jamie didn’t have a real idol (I don’t think). I think she had the fake one that Matthew planted. I think the only idol in play right now is the one Lauren found in the last episode.
Jaime keeps talking about two idols. She had a real one and a fake one. They showed us briefly but they didn’t show which one. As posted about Heidi has an idol now.

@Pip's Invitation Brandon, Danny and one of Jaime’s (maybe fake)’s idols went out of play. We know Heidi’s is hood till the end. Was Carolyn’s idol hood till the end and what about Jaime’s if it’s still around? I can’t think of any others.

Brandon had a graceful exit, especially after a shock he did not see coming. I thought Danny's scenario was most likely, when Yam Yam knew Danny had an idol and was told they were playing it for Frannie. Not sure if Yam Yam didn't think that was an important piece of information to pass on or what. I would have had a hard time following through with what Danny did, but it paid off. In that scenario I would think votes are coming my way, so I'd have to play it for myself.

Kane foreshadowing that it isn't anyone on his tribe winning lol. Time for a listing of odds of winners:

2. Carolyn - Can't really believe I'm putting her here, but I do think the tribe will continue to underestimate her and never make her the target. I don't think she's much of a challenge threat.
  3. Yam Yam - I think the winner will come from the 3 stooges, though I think Yam Yam is the least likely. Want to drop him lower but I think the edit is in his favor to make a Final Four.
  4. Frannie - I really want to list her higher, but she has rightly been identified as a strong, strategic, and social player. She quickly picked up the target tonight and won't have an idol to save her every night.
  7. Lauren - Had a nice immunity win but I'm not sure she has the social connections to carry her far
  8. Danny - Very good at the challenges, but he can't win them all. He hasn't endeared himself to the tribe (except for Frannie) and I think he'll get voted out in the next few episodes
  9. Kane - He may not be the next out but I don't think he has much of a chance to go all the way. I think his confessional was the kiss of death. And for whatever reason I just haven't liked him the whole season.
I definitely have 2 rooting favorites in Frannie and Carson. I'm good with Carolyn (surprisingly), Jamie, Danny, and Heidi. Completely neutral on Lauren. Yam Yam annoys me. Not a fan of Kane.
Producers did a pretty good job last night, I wasn't sure where the vote was going to end up. I thought the vote may end up on Jamie with the way they focused on giving up the idol so I should have guessed it was plan 2, her idol going home with Kane. Even though I didn't like Kane for most of the season, this last episode actually put him in a pretty good light.

I'm never giving my idol/advantage up in one of those situations. Too easy for the person who gets it to just keep it.
Did she give him both idols? I don’t think she did and I have no clue which one she gave him since she thought both were real.

Also, did Jaime even tell anyone about her idols? I don’t recall her telling anyone and rock climbing/falling guy is gone and I don’t think he said anything.
Jamie didn’t have a real idol (I don’t think). I think she had the fake one that Matthew planted. I think the only idol in play right now is the one Lauren found in the last episode.
Jaime keeps talking about two idols. She had a real one and a fake one. They showed us briefly but they didn’t show which one. As posted about Heidi has an idol now.

@Pip's Invitation Brandon, Danny and one of Jaime’s (maybe fake)’s idols went out of play. We know Heidi’s is hood till the end. Was Carolyn’s idol hood till the end and what about Jaime’s if it’s still around? I can’t think of any others.
Jamie's real idol expired at the fake merge. The one she thought was still real was fake and left the game with Kane. Carson's real idol expired at the fake merge. Matthew left the game with a real idol when he medi-quit. Sarah left the game with a fake idol that she thought was real and the "inheritance advantage". Matt left the game with a fake idol that he had started to determine was fake.

Carolyn's idol is good until F5. It's the last remaining birdcage idol. Heidi's idol is also good until F5. Those are the only idols/advantages in play as Lauren's extra vote was used this week. Brandon hid the fake idol from the Ratu birdcage, and Kane found it and put it back when he realized what it was, per a secret scene. It is still hidden from what we know.

Heidi found that idol, not Lauren.

Carolyn still has the Tika birdcage idol.
Yep, I'm still struggling Heidi vs Lauren :) And you are right about Carolyn's idol as well.

Man I do not understand the way the people who can actually win a challenge go about this every season. WaW was the last one to do it right and it worked...Dom and Wendell it worked...if you like each other and you can win, you need to at least F5 or F3 it or the weaklings will all pick you off. If you line up against each other, all you do is make yourself the next logical target.

#LionsandHyenas

Man I do not understand the way the people who can actually win a challenge go about this every season. WaW was the last one to do it right and it worked...Dom and Wendell it worked...if you like each other and you can win, you need to at least F5 or F3 it or the weaklings will all pick you off. If you line up against each other, all you do is make yourself the next logical target.

#LionsandHyenas
Agreed. That challenge was made for Danny ... up until the puzzle.

#LionsandHyenas
Agreed. That challenge was made for Danny ... up until the puzzle.
I didn’t like the episode at all. Frannie is a challenge master? Really? Jeff pointed it out enough times. Maybe it’s because what we have left is awful challenge folks. Carolyn is the worst, I mean the screaming cocoon that she had to be rescued from was laughable. JamJam, Lauren, Heidi and Jamie are all basically non-athletic in terms of challengesd. Danny is the person they should be afraid of for real physical challenges and Carson has shown a few times now that he’s crazy good at puzzles. Amazing that Danny was able to get everyone on his side when it doesn’t seem like he’s really well liked.

Really not a fan of this crew anymore except Harry Potter. If he wins, he did a great job. Just not sure how long he’ll stay under the radar and see how long Carolyn stays with him. Danny is likely gone as soon as he wins one challenge.

Yea, at this point Carson's the only one I am hoping wins. Danny's smirk every week is beyond annoying, the Jury has to be seeing how smug he is.
Maybe everyone dislikes him and he's the drag along this year, as I have no other explanation on how he barely gets any votes. :shrug:

They need to cast more people that can physically and mentally compete in challenges and not just the social aspect.

Not gonna happen. Its all about "representation" now. Since 95% of the people watching would be physically and mentally unable to compete in challenges, the cast has to have a similar makeup.

Yea, at this point Carson's the only one I am hoping wins. Danny's smirk every week is beyond annoying, the Jury has to be seeing how smug he is.
Maybe everyone dislikes him and he's the drag along this year, as I have no other explanation on how he barely gets any votes. :shrug:
Was really hoping he was going home.
Was hilarious that when Jamie told everyone that she lost her idol when Kane went home they all thought it was the worst lie ever.
Carolyn is definitely the worst player ever at challenges but Jaime,Heidi,Lauren and Yam Jam are all terrible too. Once Danny and Carson are gone challenges will either be over instantly or take forever for someone to finish lol.

Was really hoping he was going home.
Was hilarious that when Jamie told everyone that she lost her idol when Kane went home they all thought it was the worst lie ever.
Carolyn is definitely the worst player ever at challenges but Jaime,Heidi,Lauren and Yam Jam are all terrible too. Once Danny and Carson are gone challenges will either be over instantly or take forever for someone to finish lol.
It’s kind of sad now. If Danny and Carson go, I’d be waiting for Jeff to say, well we really never thought no one would be able to finish a challenge so there is no II this tribal. Of course in the background Carolyn will still be screaming because she’s stuck somewhere.

They need to cast more people that can physically and mentally compete in challenges and not just the social aspect.

While I agree with you generally, I've never had a season before that made me literally :lmao: so much as this one, watching Carolyn in the challenges. "Stuck in the net" a few weeks ago had me in tears, but "face-planting repeatedly into sand while screaming" Carolyn this week was almost as delightful. (And I like Carolyn!)

While I agree with you generally, I've never had a season before that made me literally :lmao: so much as this one, watching Carolyn in the challenges. "Stuck in the net" a few weeks ago had me in tears, but "face-planting repeatedly into sand while screaming" Carolyn this week was almost as delightful. (And I like Carolyn!)
She’s a screamer. I can only imagine she’s like Kim Cattrall in Porky’s, just more ear piercing. Can’t believe Kim’s almost 70.

This was amazing. Her fake idol leaves the game with Kane because of Knowledge Is Power-related shenanigans, she thinks it was real, she tells people her real idol left the game with Kane, nobody believes her and everyone still thinks she has a real idol. And it might get her voted out of the game next week.

If these people had seen S43, they may not have done the advantage switcheroo thing. Will be interesting to see how the people on S45 and S46 react to the real or potential existence of Knowledge Is Power, since they will have seen the switcheroo thing work in S41 but not in S43 and S44.

Due to the Hollywood strike, next fall Survivor and The Amazing Race will be 90 minute episodes. Survivor to air Wednesdays 8-9:30 followed by TAR 9:30-11pm.
It would be nice if that change would be permanent, because the game is much more complicated than it used to be and a lot of time needs to be devoted to twists and advantages, sometimes meaning that camp life scenes and scenes that better explain who is aligned with who and why get cut. But who knows what CBS will do once the writers' strike is over.

Due to the Hollywood strike, next fall Survivor and The Amazing Race will be 90 minute episodes. Survivor to air Wednesdays 8-9:30 followed by TAR 9:30-11pm.
It would be nice if that change would be permanent, because the game is much more complicated than it used to be and a lot of time needs to be devoted to twists and advantages, sometimes meaning that camp life scenes and scenes that better explain who is aligned with who and why get cut. But who knows what CBS will do once the writers' strike is over.
agree. thats one of the things that make the Australian version better. they have more time to build the back story for characters and show strategy. it gets you more invested in the characters.

agree. thats one of the things that make the Australian version better. they have more time to build the back story for characters and show strategy. it gets you more invested in the characters.
Agree as theres some players left that we know very little about and it’s like 10 weeks into the season.

Agree as theres some players left that we know very little about and it’s like 10 weeks into the season.
I dunno about that. Lauren and Heidi were pretty invisible in the premerge but we've gotten to know them better in the postmerge. The other five remaining have received pretty consistent content throughout.

I agree, but it'd also be nice if they found a way to convey some of the deeper alliances, alignments, and strategies to those of us who are fiddling with our cell phones while the show is on too. Sometimes I forget who was on which tribe for 3 days in between tribe shuffles and therefore has a loose agreement with someone else I barely remember seeing for weeks on end :lmao:

Great episode. Crazy lady making moves like a boss. She is now a favorite I believe.

Danny took that like a stud. That is how all people should do it.
Except that she didn’t need to use her idol. Heidi was the boss in the end, keeping her idol. If people do turn on Carolyn without an idol, she’s in great shape.

I’m assuming that they edited it to make Carolyn look amazing, especially with the jury reactions. What I mean is that Lauren and Jaime voted with them so maybe they made it seem like those two were more in the bag with Danny and Heidi than they were. I mean, Heidi didn’t play her idol so maybe she already had an inkling that Danny was going and was fine with it, idol in hand. She did vote Danny last week. Maybe Carolyn was more worried than she should have been and playing her idol was actually a big mistake.

It's a little confusing as to why Lauren and Jamie voted with Tika instead of with Danny/Heidi. Did they decide Danny was the biggest threat and blocked out all other considerations? Because now the Tikas are 3 of the last 6 and are very tightly bonded to the point where they might go to rocks for each other -- I don't see the Heidi/Jamie/Lauren trio doing that. Do they think the Tikas aren't that tight with each other? Or that they can be beaten at FTC?

Great episode. Crazy lady making moves like a boss. She is now a favorite I believe.

Except that she didn’t need to use her idol. Heidi was the boss in the end, keeping her idol. If people do turn on Carolyn without an idol, she’s in great shape.

I’m assuming that they edited it to make Carolyn look amazing, especially with the jury reactions. What I mean is that Lauren and Jaime voted with them so maybe they made it seem like those two were more in the bag with Danny and Heidi than they were. I mean, Heidi didn’t play her idol so maybe she already had an inkling that Danny was going and was fine with it, idol in hand. She did vote Danny last week. Maybe Carolyn was more worried than she should have been and playing her idol was actually a big mistake.
these are the things i would love to know about. The happenings and strategy we dont see due to the edit

It's a little confusing as to why Lauren and Jamie voted with Tika instead of with Danny/Heidi. Did they decide Danny was the biggest threat and blocked out all other considerations? Because now the Tikas are 3 of the last 6 and are very tightly bonded to the point where they might go to rocks for each other -- I don't see the Heidi/Jamie/Lauren trio doing that. Do they think the Tikas aren't that tight with each other? Or that they can be beaten at FTC?
No way they go to rocks for each other.

The scenes from next week seemed to show some fractures so maybe it was Danny now and Carolyn after she’s convinced to play the idol. Really hard to tell with editing especially when Lauren/Jaime’s votes and Carolyn playing her idol are at odds with each other.

This was fairly accurate. I undervalued Lauren's relative under the radar situation. I'm actually pretty good with who's left, but will be most disappointed by a Yam Yam win.

And of course after saying good things about Heidi not playing her idol, she plays it when she wasn’t in any trouble at all.

I’ll never understand that. Hook on to the strong 3 because you have an idol to guarantee you final 4 and a chance at fire at worst. Who cares if you correctly play the idol to get to 5? You are likely the target next week with no protection. You have to take the chance that you aren’t being lied to and guarantee yourself controlling your own destiny to get to final 3.

The immunity challenges are terrible now. The lady who sat out every challenge early in the game is winning immunity. This week’s one felt like it only lasted 5 minutes.

Feels like we need something new unless Jeff and team are really trying hard to get winners from the “geek”/“different” people (NTTAWWT). I’d put Frannie in that group but damn Jeff mentioned at least a dozen times that Frannie was winning a lot. I'm not saying that I only want Malcolm’s because that can be boring too but when every target is a stronger challenge person and the host is pushing it, the challenges are who’s the least bad and honestly, the challenges can be the best part of some episodes.

The immunity challenges are terrible now. The lady who sat out every challenge early in the game is winning immunity. This week’s one felt like it only lasted 5 minutes.

Feels like we need something new unless Jeff and team are really trying hard to get winners from the “geek”/“different” people (NTTAWWT). I’d put Frannie in that group but damn Jeff mentioned at least a dozen times that Frannie was winning a lot. I'm not saying that I only want Malcolm’s because that can be boring too but when every target is a stronger challenge person and the host is pushing it, the challenges are who’s the least bad and honestly, the challenges can be the best part of some episodes.
You’re confusing Lauren with Claire. Claire was the sit-out person and she was booted early.

You’re confusing Lauren with Claire. Claire was the sit-out person and she was booted early.
JFC, outside of Tika and maybe Danny, this cast has just been so boring. I can honestly say I can’t remember Claire at all. I’m going to go find the cast list and figure out who’s who.

I think they're kinda bad. has definitely been an up and down season IMO. Interested to see tribal freakout.

Main problem is Lauren and Heidi seem to continually make idiotic choices. Maybe there's a bunch behind the scenes and the edit is just disguising really well. Lauren has got a lot of personal content it feels like. I just don't see how anyone votes out Jaime or Heidi there. Lauren and Tika felt like the only possible winners.

I think they're kinda bad. has definitely been an up and down season IMO. Interested to see tribal freakout.

Main problem is Lauren and Heidi seem to continually make idiotic choices. Maybe there's a bunch behind the scenes and the edit is just disguising really well. Lauren has got a lot of personal content it feels like. I just don't see how anyone votes out Jaime or Heidi there. Lauren and Tika felt like the only possible winners.
If Heidi decided to vote with Tika to ensure the target wasn’t her (and because of distrust of Lauren and Jamie for voting for her during the Danny boot), and Lauren won immunity, then the target had to be Jaime.

Heidi’s mistake was both voting with Tika and playing her idol. She should have done one or the other. And if she’d voted with Lauren and Jamie and played an idol on herself, then a Tika goes home. (If the Tikas vote Heidi, Carolyn goes home. If the Tikas vote Jaime, and a stalemate ensues, the only people eligible to draw rocks are Carson and Yam Yam, and likely they flip on Carolyn in that case.)

JFC, outside of Tika and maybe Danny, this cast has just been so boring. I can honestly say I can’t remember Claire at all. I’m going to go find the cast list and figure out who’s who.
I don't know who several of these people are, and can't remember their names. Terrible cast overall.
At this point I'm just pulling against Yam Yam ... and I am pronouncing the Y as a Y.

If Heidi decided to vote with Tika to ensure the target wasn’t her (and because of distrust of Lauren and Jamie for voting for her during the Danny boot), and Lauren won immunity, then the target had to be Jaime.

Heidi’s mistake was both voting with Tika and playing her idol. She should have done one or the other. And if she’d voted with Lauren and Jamie and played an idol on herself, then a Tika goes home. (If the Tikas vote Heidi, Carolyn goes home. If the Tikas vote Jaime, and a stalemate ensues, the only people eligible to draw rocks are Carson and Yam Yam, and likely they flip on Carolyn in that case.)
Yeah exactly. But I mean, not only was her combo of decisions last night dumb, but the last few weeks' worth were dumb.

Ugh. I quit watching Big Brother a few years ago because the crazy personalities started winning. Survivor is trying real hard for that to me. Just my opinion.

Loved it too. Granted, bar is usually low for me and now I watch with my 10 and 12 year olds. I love watching them learn about group dynamics, competition, missteps, social skills, etc.

I learn a lot about myself too, even at 50. I started the season looking side-eyed at Carolyn. Grew to love her and in the end, I hoped she would win.

I'm surprised Yam Yam won. I thought Heidi's baller move deserved more love.

So Carson replicated just about every challenge, including 3D printing past puzzles at home to practice with. But he struggled with fire? Then again, Heidi broke a record so even if he was skilled at fire, she probably would have won.

Not many people to root against in this one. Was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread