What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T.O. to Dolphins - Rumor Only (1 Viewer)

u999spf

Footballguy
Anyone hear of a rumor where T.O. signs with the Dolphins, and will look to trade Chris Chambers and that the Eagles would be one of the interested teams?

I haven't heard of this anywhere else yet. I doubt it even remotely true. Why wouldn't Miami just keep them both? Is Chambers really making that much money that he would need to be traded in order to sign T.O.?

edit: nm, question was answered in the subtitle

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone hear of a rumor where T.O. signs with the Dolphins, and will look to trade Chris Chambers and that the Eagles would be one of the interested teams?

I haven't heard of this anywhere else yet. I doubt it even remotely true. Why wouldn't Miami just keep them both? Is Chambers really making that much money that he would need to be traded in order to sign T.O.?
:bs:

I think Saban already put this to rest yesterday.

Star receivers available? Saban not interested

By Harvey Fialkov

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Posted March 16 2006

NOTE TO READERS: Previous versions of this story attributed a quote in the fifth paragraph to Terrell Owens. Keyshawn Johnson made the remarks.

DAVIE -- With his franchise quarterback safely tucked away, Dolphins coach Nick Saban has no plans to bring in outspoken Pro Bowl wide receivers Terrell Owens and Keyshawn Johnson.

"I think we have two really good receivers. We have Chris Chambers, who went to the Pro Bowl, and Marty Booker, one of the leaders in yards per catch," Saban said. "If we could find someone who would complement those guys, that would certainly be something that would be a secondary priority on offense if we had the opportunity to do it."

The Dolphins have already lost backup receiver Bryan Gilmore to the 49ers, and they brought in former Patriots receiver David Givens before his price tag proved too steep.

Owens and Johnson were released by the Eagles and Cowboys, respectively, this week to avoid paying roster bonuses. Owens, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, has left a trail of dissension behind in his last two stops in Philadelphia and San Francisco.

"I'm not trying to be the highest-paid wide receiver. I'm not trying to be the second highest-paid wide receiver," Johnson said during an interview on Sirius NFL radio Wednesday. "I just want to be compensated fairly for the abilities I display on the football field. Be it San Diego, San Francisco, Kansas City, Seattle, Carolina, Miami, Minnesota, Dallas again, I don't really care.

"I just want to be appreciated for what I do on the field and, you know, if you want to pay me $2 million, I'll give you $2 million worth of work. I'll play 30 plays a game for you."

Saban has repeatedly expressed his disdain for selfish players, so Owens and Johnson don't seem to fit his bill.

Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has gone on record several times as being opposed to having Owens as a teammate.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dol...la-sports-front

I think Saban already put this to rest yesterday.

Star receivers available? Saban not interested

By Harvey Fialkov

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Posted March 16 2006

NOTE TO READERS: Previous versions of this story attributed a quote in the fifth paragraph to Terrell Owens. Keyshawn Johnson made the remarks.

DAVIE -- With his franchise quarterback safely tucked away, Dolphins coach Nick Saban has no plans to bring in outspoken Pro Bowl wide receivers Terrell Owens and Keyshawn Johnson.

"I think we have two really good receivers. We have Chris Chambers, who went to the Pro Bowl, and Marty Booker, one of the leaders in yards per catch," Saban said. "If we could find someone who would complement those guys, that would certainly be something that would be a secondary priority on offense if we had the opportunity to do it."

The Dolphins have already lost backup receiver Bryan Gilmore to the 49ers, and they brought in former Patriots receiver David Givens before his price tag proved too steep.

Owens and Johnson were released by the Eagles and Cowboys, respectively, this week to avoid paying roster bonuses. Owens, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, has left a trail of dissension behind in his last two stops in Philadelphia and San Francisco.

"I'm not trying to be the highest-paid wide receiver. I'm not trying to be the second highest-paid wide receiver," Johnson said during an interview on Sirius NFL radio Wednesday. "I just want to be compensated fairly for the abilities I display on the football field. Be it San Diego, San Francisco, Kansas City, Seattle, Carolina, Miami, Minnesota, Dallas again, I don't really care.

"I just want to be appreciated for what I do on the field and, you know, if you want to pay me $2 million, I'll give you $2 million worth of work. I'll play 30 plays a game for you."

Saban has repeatedly expressed his disdain for selfish players, so Owens and Johnson don't seem to fit his bill.

Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has gone on record several times as being opposed to having Owens as a teammate.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dol...la-sports-front
Good info, thanks. I thought it was a non-story as well but I wanted to see if anyone else has heard this anywhere.

What exactly was said on the radio station that you're citing as the source for this?

I haven't heard of this anywhere else yet.  I doubt it even remotely true.  Why wouldn't Miami just keep them both?  Is Chambers really making that much money that he would need to be traded in order to sign T.O.?
What exactly was said on the radio station that you're citing as the source for this?
Some tool called up a local sports talk show. That is usually how these things get started.

As a Culpepper owner, you had my attention.

Then you mentioned trading Chambers and lost credibility (or the radio host did, whatever)

Now, signing TO, going with TO, Chambers, Booker - that would be interesting. Unlikely, but interesting.

...and in the category for the worst made up rumor on a football message board.

The winner is.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread