What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Take nothing for granted... (3 Viewers)

sho nuff said:
hesitated more to post here.  But it is therapeutic.
Sorry about your mother.  Nobody should ever hesitate to post stuff like this here.  We can be D's a times, but everyone here is generally very cool when things get serious.

Sorry for your loss.  Thanks for your thoughts.  Everyone needs to reflect on what is really important.  Stuff going on in Washington is not so much.  

That's terribly sad.  One of my best friends just went through this with the passing of his father.  His dad was like a second dad to me growing up.  It's heartbreaking.  I simply can't imagine what you're going through.  My thoughts are with you Sho.

Your mom sounds like a truly amazing woman. While you grieve, endeavor also to celebrate the blessings that she brought to all of your lives. Will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. 

sho nuff said:
 I pulled off an exit to gather myself and talk to my sister...then my wife.  Then struggle with what to do.  Do I keep driving north.  Be there for my dad (step dad...but have called him dad since I was very young as I lived with he and my mother and he was big in raising me).  If I do that...(and we talked about this before I left some...but didn't know what Id do until I really had to decide) my wife would have to drive or fly with 2 kids to Wisconsin...may have 2 cars there.  Oh, and she has narcolepsy.  Didn't know when any services would be.  Went back and forth for a while...before making the decision.  The voice in my head of my mother telling me what the hell was I doing...get back home to Tennessee...take care of my family here and prepare all of us to get to Wisconsin Friday/Saturday.  I struggled with that for a while even while driving back south.  Was I doing the right thing?  I still am partially unsure.  
These are the thoughts of a good person. Sorry to hear of your mom's death, and wishing the best of things for you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread