What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

satch

Footballguy
In CBS fantasy leagues, Taysom Hill is eligible at TE. In real life, he may be the RB2 behind J Williams for the next 3 weeks, since the only other back on the roster is some 3 year veteran named Kirk Merrit, who evidently has never had a carry in the NFL.Since JW won’t get every carry, doesn’t this mean that Hill is going to get significant work as a rusher on top of his usual hijinks? Hill’s also supposed to get more receptions this year. Could be a great fantasy TE play for at least the first 3 weeks, no?

Last edited:
Not in FFPC he won't be because they changed him from TE to QB after 4+ months of drafting sure sucks espcially bad for Best Ball teams that people drafted since there are no waivers and they lose a TE when they possibly only drafted 1 or 2 others and now get a worthless QB that will likely never hit their scoring all year.

Not in FFPC he won't be because they changed him from TE to QB after 4+ months of drafting sure sucks espcially bad for Best Ball teams that people drafted since there are no waivers and they lose a TE when they possibly only drafted 1 or 2 others and now get a worthless QB that will likely never hit their scoring all year.
That seems ridiculously unfair. How can they justify making a change after a draft?

Yahoo still has him as a TE. Seems as though the Saints plan is to suit him as the QB2 so they can play him as needed and then have Winston as the emergency 3rd QB? Basically lets them dress an additional player since Hill would be dressing anyway.

Yahoo still has him as a TE. Seems as though the Saints plan is to suit him as the QB2 so they can play him as needed and then have Winston as the emergency 3rd QB? Basically lets them dress an additional player since Hill would be dressing anyway.
Right, and as long as Kamara and Miller are out, Hill may be getting significant carries behind JW, in addition to however else they deploy him.

That seems ridiculously unfair. How can they justify making a change after a draft?
Mamma once said Life isn't fair.

OK, so I have Kelce whoc may or may not go. Drop JSN, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Tyjae Spears, or Jaylen Warren for Taysom?

Sleeper has him at a TE but also has recent articles about him being designated as a QB. Not sure how this will shake out on Sleeper

I punted on TE in all my leagues this year. Are we really gonna do this again? :kicksrock:
We play it every year. It’s the circle of Hill.

Doesn’t get drafted

Pops off in week 2 for 3 TDs

Everybody blows their FAAB to get him

He sporadically goes for zeros and higher games losing and winning you weeks with no consistency

Everyone argues he shouldn’t be listed as a TE

He hits a dry spell

You drop him

Your opponent picks him up and he throws at TD, runs for a TD and catches a TD against you in one game

He fades away

Doesn’t get drafted

Last edited:
I punted on TE in all my leagues this year. Are we really gonna do this again? :kicksrock:

Doesn’t get drafted

He sporadically goes for zeros and higher games losing and winning you weeks with no consistency

Doesn’t get drafted

You forgot...

...You drop him.

He then scores 2 TDs on you three weeks later.

Doesn’t get drafted

Doesn’t get drafted

You forgot...

...You drop him.

He then scores 2 TDs on you three weeks later.
Ha. Exactly. Edited.

I did that last year.

End of last year Hill seemed to be ranked fairly highly on a weekly basis. For week 1, there's been hardly a mention and he's universally ranked very low.

Odd considering you could argue his situation is better now. Offense improved, No Kamara, rookie RB banged up, and only J. Williams there.

As a Kelce owner, I am (unfortunately) interested.

When it comes to Taysom, I've been burned before as well and now take the advice from the computer in War Games:

"The only winning move is not to play.”

When it comes to Taysom, I've been burned before as well and now take the advice from the computer in War Games:

"The only winning move is not to play.”
I don’t get why people get so excited about sticking this guy in at TE - I get it’s a barren landscape at the position but Hill is going to give you so many 4 point fantasy games for those two games a year where he’ll score 15-20 points.

Taysom at TE last year was literally seeing him go off while on the waiver wire, then spending 10 weeks chasing that high.

Yeah, we're doing this again.

I've generally been a Taysom skeptic throughout the years (although he had a decent fantasy run when he was the starting QB a couple years ago). But if you were ever going to use him, this would be the week. Saints RBs are decimated, and we just saw Monday night that that led to increased usage for him. Could that completely disappear? Of course! It's Taysom Hill! But what's the downside relative to whichever other TE you're starting?

I'm obviously not using him in the league where I have Andrews, nor in the one where I have Henry and LaPorta, since I don't want to drop them and I don't want to carry 3 TEs. But in the PPR league where I only have Kincaid and will likely open up 1-2 roster spots as soon as Saquon/Burrow are declared out ... I'm giving it some serious thought.

I've generally been a Taysom skeptic throughout the years (although he had a decent fantasy run when he was the starting QB a couple years ago). But if you were ever going to use him, this would be the week. Saints RBs are decimated, and we just saw Monday night that that led to increased usage for him. Could that completely disappear? Of course! It's Taysom Hill! But what's the downside relative to whichever other TE you're starting?

I'm obviously not using him in the league where I have Andrews, nor in the one where I have Henry and LaPorta, since I don't want to drop them and I don't want to carry 3 TEs. But in the PPR league where I only have Kincaid and will likely open up 1-2 roster spots as soon as Saquon/Burrow are declared out ... I'm giving it some serious thought.
True, he couldn’t do any worse than Goedert.

Picked him up for free and plan on starting him for one week. Here's hoping for 10 carries.

Picked him up for free and plan on starting him for one week. Here's hoping for 10 carries.
Who were your other options at TE?

I have Kincaid, whom I think the world of. I just think this is the one week Taysom should be rostered and started. Then dropped

I feel like we say this every year but "with the te landscape so barren the chance of getting on te who can win you a game is worth the four games he does nothing"

I’ll get my “high” on using him in Draftkings this week as a stop so I don’t add him in my redraft and take a 6 carry 17 yard game.

I have to give him credit, everyone in the stadium knows he's going to run with it, yet he is still successful a lot of times. You would think they would stack the box when he comes in.

I have Kincaid, whom I think the world of. I just think this is the one week Taysom should be rostered and started. Then dropped
In my case, the fact that having a player on IR freed up a roster spot for him makes it even more perfect. I can't even be tempted to keep him beyond this week

I have to give him credit, everyone in the stadium knows he's going to run with it, yet he is still successful a lot of times. You would think they would stack the box when he comes in.
He runs up the middle the majority of the time as well. Why don't teams are least have a spy on him every time he enters the game?

I dropped Dalton Schulz for one week of Taysom then I'll have an open roster spot. I wanted Ertz, but bid cheap thinking no one would bid on him. Smh

this could be taysoms yearly 30 point week but I don’t have the stones
I might. In a CBS league where he qualifies as an RB.

But it'd just be over Gus so it's not that ballsy. It's just my usual RB2 desperation.

Drafting zero RB is the gift that keeps on giving.

With crackpot ideas like this one.

If Knox sits, does that change your calculation at all for this week?

If Knox sits, does that change your calculation at all for this week?
I just saw that Knox missed practice again today. Odds are he is out. Tough call. My magic eightball is adamant about starting Hill this week and only this week. Still leaning Hill.

There’s a reason defenses don’t stack the box — though he runs a high percentage of the time, Hill can beat nine-in-the-box with his arm.

And if it’s a formation with both Carr and Hill, Carr can do the same.

There’s a reason defenses don’t stack the box — though he runs a high percentage of the time, Hill can beat nine-in-the-box with his arm.

No one is afraid of Hill’s arm

No one is afraid of Hill’s arm
Good. As a Saints fan I can tell you that you should educate yourself on what his arm can do. Do I want him as my starting QB? No. Is he capable of completing a 50+ yd pass on a gadget play? Without a doubt. Probably better than Justin Fields.

Picked hm up off the wire. Won't start him over Andrews. Not sure I have the stones to flex him over Doubs, Cooks, Gabe, MThomas, or Watson at flex.

Picked hm up off the wire. Won't start him over Andrews. Not sure I have the stones to flex him over Doubs, Cooks, Gabe, MThomas, or Watson at flex.
You just lose that value when u flex him. I wouldn't start him over Andrews either. In your specific case Hill is worthless. Ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread