What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Dallas Goedert, PHI (4 Viewers)

Nice amount of targets this week. I am not worried, the Eagles offense will pick up and Goedert will have better games. This is just how the TE position goes.

Man if this guy were on another team could easily be a top TE but on this team it's just not gonna happen, thought he was gonna be used more this year but in hindsight not sure what i was thinking.

Man if this guy were on another team could easily be a top TE but on this team it's just not gonna happen, thought he was gonna be used more this year but in hindsight not sure what i was thinking.
New OC and the starters didn't play in the preseason games. And tonight Hurts had flu-like symptoms. There's still hope that eventually the offense gets more in sync and looks more like it did last year.

Though it certainly appears Hurts is most comfortable throwing sideline routes to Brown and Smith and not particularly comfortable throwing to the middle of the field.

I'm happy that the usage is ticking up and so is the production. Slow start but think the production will come around as the offense still finds its way. I also have no choice as he was a $12 auction bid. Who will I pick up at TE to replace him? Will I really be dropping or putting Goedert on the bench? absolutely not

I'm losing confidence that Philly will increase this guys usage. I'm thinking of dropping him for a Jake Ferguson/Ertz type who is at least getting the targets. Goedert is about 40th in my ppr league & 30th in half ppr. We are a fourth of the way through the fantasy regular season, he is just a drag on team performance. I don't have room for 2 TE's. Has anyone else lost patience? I assume he will be lost for good, someone will pick him up due to him being a big name.

Nice amount of targets this week. I am not worried, the Eagles offense will pick up and Goedert will have better games. This is just how the TE position goes.

Are you worried yet?
Yep lol. I am perplexed honestly. I didn't think he would have a Kelce year or anything but I figured he was very safe for a TE4-8 finish.
The positive side of it is at least the tight ends 4-8 aren't exactly pulling away. One big game and he is top 10 again. Just staying positive.

Last edited:

Are you worried yet?
Yep lol. I am perplexed honestly. I didn't think he would have a Kelce year or anything but I figured he was very safe for a TE4-8 finish.
The positive side of it is at least the tight ends 4-8 aren't exactly pulling away. One big game and he is too 10 again. Just staying positive.
Yes and Siranni is saying today they need to get him more involved so good to hear they think it's an issue.

Are you worried yet?
The positive side of it is at least the tight ends 4-8 aren't exactly pulling away. One big game and he is too 10 again. Just staying positive.
Yes and Siranni is saying today they need to get him more involved so good to hear they think it's an issue.
I think the only thing the Eagles know for sure on offense is that they will continue to run the play that can't be named until the league takes it away...

They’re just not throwing over the middle much. I don’t know if that’s a Hurts thing or a new OC thing. But Hurts mainly looks comfortable throwing to Brown and Smith deep or on the sidelines.

Are you worried yet?
I think the only thing the Eagles know for sure on offense is that they will continue to run the play that can't be named until the league takes it away...
Really?

I honestly wouldn't take that seriously. They just scored 34 points. I think it's something you say and then when game time comes, you just roll with your playcaller and what he wants to do.

I honestly wouldn't take that seriously. They just scored 34 points. I think it's something you say and then when game time comes, you just roll with your playcaller and what he wants to do.
Nah, I think it has merit and the two times I recall him saying stuff like this in the past they tried to get the ball to the players the next week. Including Goedert after week one. Granted Goedert did not do a lot in week two, but they tried.

Nah, I think it has merit and the two times I recall him saying stuff like this in the past they tried to get the ball to the players the next week. Including Goedert after week one. Granted Goedert did not do a lot in week two, but they tried.

Maybe, but the Eagles are one of two undefeated teams, I can imagine there's a big motivation to change their approach.

Feels like I still want to bail but the moment I do is the moment he picks it up. If hurts throws 30 times why does goedert not get 6-7 targets? Teams are letting Ajb run wild lately lol

Goedert's numbers have definitely struggled, but it's really not that uncommon since Brown joined the team. He's had some splash games, but when both Brown and Smith are healthy, he's clearly been third in the pecking order for targets. The talent is there, just not often the opportunity - not unlike Kittle when all the WRs are healthy.

Maybe, but the Eagles are one of two undefeated teams, I can imagine there's a big motivation to change their approach.
I would just add that surely you think the Eagles passing offense was better last year when he was a productive part of it. It's not even really targets with him, everything in his production on a per target basis is way off and just in terms of real football getting him back on track like last year seems like it would be a reasonable goal.

If you think the Eagles passing game is functioning as smoothly as it was last year we'd have to agree to disagree and he's the main thing that's been off. So I don't think it's about trying to change an approach as you say, it's about improving.

Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni said Dallas Goedert is “still part of the plan” in the team’s passing offense.
Running a route on 86 percent of the team’s drop backs through Week 4, Goedert has a meager 14 percent target share and has yet to score a touchdown, disappointing those who drafted him in the middle rounds. He has a 19 percent target share in 2022. “Trust me — I promise you he’s still part of the plan of us wanting to get him the football,” Sirianni said when asked about Goedert’s slow start. “We need to get him the football. Sometimes there’s a dry spell in there, too, with what’s kind of going on right now. There are some different things that defenses are concerned of with Dallas that has affected some of the touches he’s gotten. It’s a bit of both. He is a great player. We rely on him.” Sirianni complimented Goedert’s run blocking — cold comfort for fantasy managers. Goedert drafters have little choice but to keep starting him, with the waiver wire barren of legit fantasy options. In Week 5, the Eagles play a Rams defense that gave up 107 yards and two touchdowns to Colts tight ends in Week 4.

He had a great game when I was ready to replace (but not drop) him, so of course now I'll stick him out there again for another month of 5 points or less per game. Now it's Devonta's turn to complain and Brown already has, so they'll have to feed them.

I think DG is in line for another good week. Jets will no doubt key on AJB and while Devonta should get some love, the Jets are 22nd against the TE this year. So as long as Jalen sees him, Goedert should continue to get good looks.

How can they say four weeks without knowing the results of an MRI first? Best guess?

"Goedert is scheduled for an MRI and additional tests on Monday to confirm the diagnosis and need for surgery, per Rapoport, who added that the procedure would likely happen as soon as today, and the hope is that Goedert would only miss around four weeks."
Probably based on the Xray, if it looks like a clean fracture with no/minimal muscle or tendon damage. MRI to confirm.

Fingers crossed.

Guess that's a sigh of relief as I can finally not start this guy. Just doesn't get it done most weeks and I'm happy for some of the blowup weeks. But the third option is never a good thing...nor is the shorter route tree with a running QB. Bleh.

Hope he heals up

Any word on this guy? Is he definitely going on IR, or is it possible he'll be back sooner?
All I can tell you is they don't have to decide until next week because IR is 4 games out minimum, not 4 weeks.

Which kind of stinks because I could use the roster spot in two leagues and already cost me a shot at picking up a TE yesterday in one of them.

You can take it as good news if you are inclined that they've not put him on IR yet. I don't personally take it as such and everything I'm planning is that the next time he'll be available to me is week 15......at best.

Goods news or bad news depending on how you look at it but what I read earlier today is they think he has a chance to make it back for the Dallas game in week 14 so they've not decided on IR yet. But they have until 3 pm Saturday to decide and my very slight lean/guess is they will put him on IR but again I'm just speculating.

Personally I find this good news for my redraft teams because they don't have IR so fact he may be back as soon as week 14 is great but more then anything gives me confidence in all leagues that week 15 seems more probable. In my dynasty leagues I just wish they'd put him on IR, that roster spot is worth more to me then him maybe playing week 14.

When discussing TE Dallas Goedert (arm), Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni said, “there’s a reason he isn’t on IR yet.”

With Goedert not going on injured reserve yet, Sirianni and the Eagles have hopes he will be out less than four weeks. Goedert suffered a fractured forearm in the Eagles’ Week 9 win over the Cowboys and underwent surgery for it. The Eagles had a Week 10 bye and face the Chiefs and Bills for Weeks 11 and 12. Jack Stoll is slated to see a bump in playing time with Goedert out, though fantasy managers likely don’t want any Eagles tight end until Goedert’s hopeful return in a couple weeks.

Goods news or bad news depending on how you look at it but what I read earlier today is they think he has a chance to make it back for the Dallas game in week 14 so they've not decided on IR yet. But they have until 3 pm Saturday to decide and my very slight lean/guess is they will put him on IR but again I'm just speculating.

Personally I find this good news for my redraft teams because they don't have IR so fact he may be back as soon as week 14 is great but more then anything gives me confidence in all leagues that week 15 seems more probable. In my dynasty leagues I just wish they'd put him on IR, that roster spot is worth more to me then him maybe playing week 14.
I think because they play on Monday night they have until Monday to IR him. That is what happened to Palmer a few weeks ago when LAC were on Monday night they put him on IR on Monday night.

Looks like the Chargers placed Palmer on IR on Sunday I just didn't notice until Monday a few weeks ago. I think because they play Monday night they have until Sunday to play a guy on IR.

Looks like the Chargers placed Palmer on IR on Sunday I just didn't notice until Monday a few weeks ago. I think because they play Monday night they have until Sunday to play a guy on IR.
Yes I saw your earlier post about the game being on on Monday, which I had forgot, and was going to respond when I had a chance that they had until Sunday.

It however sounds like they don't intend to put him on IR so probably all moot.

Even read an Eagles beat writer who thinks he might actually make it back in week 13. Based on the rehab video I saw yesterday that seems aggressive, but it does sound to me like he's not going on IR and he's probably going to be active by week 14.

Scooped Goedert off waivers in several leagues Wednesday including my #5 overall NFFC Primetime team. I bid $101 and runner up was $24 you just never know on injured guys how the bidding will go. In another league I went $159 didn't sniff him he went for over $700. A few weeks ago I bid on K Herbert and got blown out and in another I bid $129 and runner up was $1.

In my NFFC prime I started the year with Freiermuth and Irv Smith from the draft and currently now own 4 TE's none of which are those 2.

I got Schultz, Njokue, Goedert and Waller all off IR. Just crazy how things turn out. Schultz has turned out to be a gem since I scooped him up for $19 with no runner up bid way back on Oct 4th he even sat on waivers for 2 weeks before I needed a TE with Freiemuth on bye.

Officially not placed on IR, which would assume he's coming back at the soonest week 14. Schedule down the stretch, and likely playing to secure a 1 seed, schedule is:

@ Dallas
@ SEA
vs NYG
vs ARI

Can't see him being needed much other than Dallas, maybe Seattle. The last two, week 16/17 - should be run out the clock games.

Officially not placed on IR, which would assume he's coming back at the soonest week 14. Schedule down the stretch, and likely playing to secure a 1 seed, schedule is:

@ Dallas
@ SEA
vs NYG
vs ARI

Can't see him being needed much other than Dallas, maybe Seattle. The last two, week 16/17 - should be run out the clock games.

They go NYG, ARI and NYG to end the season.

Is he going to do this out thing from Saturday to Monday, then questionable from Tuesday to Saturday for the next few weeks?? That is going to majorly screw with my bench in my short bench league (I have him on IR currently). I traded for Engram after the injury, I might just drop Goedert rather than keep him at the expense of a RB or WR.

Dallas Goedert (arm) returned to practice on Friday.

This is big news for Goedert, who missed the first two practices to open the week and hasn’t played since suffering a broken arm in Week 9 against the Cowboys. Goedert’s injury came just before the Eagles’ bye, as he’s missed only two games thus far. He underwent surgery shortly after his injury but appears to have a chance to suit up on Sunday against the 49ers. We’ll see what kind of game-day status he carries heading into the weekend, but Philly’s TE1 appears to be set for a return sooner rather than later.

Eagles TE Dallas Goedert (arm) announced that he’s ready to return to action this weekend.
“Dallas in Dallas has a ring to it,” he said on Wednesday. “I’m really glad I’m able to go and put everything else to bed and get out there and play football again.” While the team has yet to officially announce Goedert’s return, his own words make it seem as though it’s a given. While no tight end has stepped up for the Eagles without Goedert, DeVonta Smith has seen a major increase in workload and performance since the star tight end was been sidelined. Since Week 10, Smith has a 33 percent target share and 52 percent of the team’s air yards, compared to a 21 percent target share and 30 percent of the air yards before Goedert got hurt. That’s not to say the Eagles will revert back to using Smith the same way and ignore the recent success he’s had, but he may not fly as high as he has been.

Dallas Goedert (arm) was removed from the Week 14 injury report and will play against the Cowboys.
Goedert practiced in full throughout the week and is good to go after missing just three games with a broken arm. DeVonta Smith has been on a tear in his absence, topping 90 yards in all three games and scoring two touchdowns. His usage will likely cool off with Goedert back in the lineup, though fantasy managers can still treat him as a high-upside WR2. Goedert will sit at the back of the TE1 ranks for his matchup with Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread