What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Darren Waller, NYG (2 Viewers)

Darren Waller (groin) did not practice Wednesday.
Fresh off his first good game of the season (eight catches, 86 yards), Waller is now dealing with a groin issue ahead of the Giants’ Week 6 game against Buffalo. Waller drafters should keep an eye on his practice participation on Thursday and Friday. If he’s able to practice even in a limited capacity, Waller should be fine for Sunday. He might be catching passes from Tyrod Taylor while Daniel Jones recovers from a neck injury. It’s hard to say whether Taylor is an upgrade or a downgrade from Jones.
For what it’s worth. Waller stated he’ll play Sunday and it was just a day of rest.

Still not good to see a guy already underperforming pop up with a groin injury of any sort.

Would hate to see him leave your lineup early, or tweak something during warmups as it’s a late game.
He had a solid game last week. 8-86-0 is good for a TE, right around what we hoped for when we drafted him, no?
In ppr that’s great imo. But he’s had two decent games and 3 bad games. I’m not worried but he has underperformed so far.
Waller is 5th in the NFL in receiving yards among TEs. He's 10 YPG behind the NFL leader. I think that being considered underperforming, tells us a lot about how talented/valuable Waller can be/is.
Agreed, and how unless your TE is hanging out with Taylor swift, or play for the lions they just don’t matter that much.
I’m sitting in my SF dynasty with Waller and Andrews. I had thought one would make a solid flex. They haven’t. Waller has performed on par with Kendrick Bourne.

Fresh off his first good game of the season (eight catches, 86 yards), Waller is now dealing with a groin issue ahead of the Giants’ Week 6 game against Buffalo. Waller drafters should keep an eye on his practice participation on Thursday and Friday. If he’s able to practice even in a limited capacity, Waller should be fine for Sunday. He might be catching passes from Tyrod Taylor while Daniel Jones recovers from a neck injury. It’s hard to say whether Taylor is an upgrade or a downgrade from Jones.
For what it’s worth. Waller stated he’ll play Sunday and it was just a day of rest.

Still not good to see a guy already underperforming pop up with a groin injury of any sort.

Would hate to see him leave your lineup early, or tweak something during warmups as it’s a late game.
He had a solid game last week. 8-86-0 is good for a TE, right around what we hoped for when we drafted him, no?
In ppr that’s great imo. But he’s had two decent games and 3 bad games. I’m not worried but he has underperformed so far.
Waller is 5th in the NFL in receiving yards among TEs. He's 10 YPG behind the NFL leader. I think that being considered underperforming, tells us a lot about how talented/valuable Waller can be/is.
Agreed, and how unless your TE is hanging out with Taylor swift, or play for the lions they just don’t matter that much.
I’m sitting in my SF dynasty with Waller and Andrews. I had thought one would make a solid flex. They haven’t. Waller has performed on par with Kendrick Bourne.
It could be karma or it could be my wildest dream either way it's been a cruel summer with Waller and Andrews. As of now each of those are my anti hero and as I stare into this blank space, I Know it's all been a love story that has gone back to december . I wish I'd been ready for it, but as I put on my cardigan, I realize I just need to calm down.

It could be karma or it could be my wildest dream either way it's been a cruel summer with Waller and Andrews. As of now each of those are my anti hero and as I stare into this blank space, I Know it's all been a love story that has gone back to december . I wish I'd been ready for it, but as I put on my cardigan, I realize I just need to calm down.
BOO! BOO THIS MAN!

BOO! BOO THIS MAN!
You know the song titles ..HA HA HA HA HA HA ...I had to look them up.

BOO! BOO THIS MAN!
You know the song titles ..HA HA HA HA HA HA ...I had to look them up.
I'm hip. I'm with it.

Well, on the one hand, he's on an 80-catch 800 yard pace. On the other hand he feels grossly misused and has 0 TDs. State of the TE position being what it is, he's still in the 5-8 range, but it feels underwhelming.

Wild that the coaches/QBs can't look at the tape and figure it out. Waller is getting open and is possibly the best receiving option on the team. Coaches seem to want to hit home runs when it's obvious the team excels at short yardage passes and running the ball.

Wild that the coaches/QBs can't look at the tape and figure it out. Waller is getting open and is possibly the best receiving option on the team. Coaches seem to want to hit home runs when it's obvious the team excels at short yardage passes and running the ball.
Coudn't believe how many times they went deep instead of taking what was there. Bad coaching.

Darren Waller said, “It may be a little bit,” before he is able to return from his hamstring injury.

Waller said he could “potentially” miss weeks because of the issue. Waller re-aggravated his hamstring injury in the Giants’ Week 8 game against the Jets and left early in the first half. He looks all but certain to miss Week 9 and it’s anyone’s guess as to when he returns beyond that. Daniel Bellinger is expected to start in his place. Bellinger should put up TE2 fantasy numbers, though there are likely better options to find off the waiver wire.

Darren Waller (hamstring) will not play in Week 9 against the Raiders.
Head coach Brian Daboll said Waller won’t be active for Week 9 and that some time on injured reserve could be a possibility. Waller said on Wednesday that “it may be a little bit” when speaking on how long he could be out, which paves the way for Daniel Bellinger to start for the foreseeable future. Bellinger will be hard to trust as anything more than a touchdown dependent TE2 in fantasy this week.

Thinking out loud here that's the 4th fantasy relevant TE who is now sitting on IR over a hamstring issue. Joining Dulchich, Friermuth and Jelani Woods. And I feel like I'm forgetting someone, those are just the the ones I saw on my Waller teams when I checked just now.

I just knew this guy would eventually break down. His injury past and the wrong side of 30 told me so. It didn't take a genius to see this coming.

Giants head coach Brian Daboll said, “we’ll see” when asked if TE Darren Waller will return after the team’s Week 13 bye.

Waller is eligible to return from injured reserve after the Giants’ Week 13 bye. He was placed on injured reserve initially with a hamstring injury in early November. The bye week will add extra time for Waller to get healthy and possibly return for Week 14.

Anybody think this guy plays next week (week 14)?

Certainly a desperation move to pick him up and potentially start him.

Giants are two back of the fading Seahawks.

They have 4 wins, 3 five win teams in front of them could/should lose this weekend... Saints, Packers, and the Rams

Giants could/should get Tyrod back... but could certainly ride Devito.

So I dont know if that spurs Waller to come back its different than a a dead team.

He’s in my IR spots and kept him specifically for McBride’s bye next week. It’s definitely a huge possibility that he doesn’t play next week. I’m already planning for him not to.

He’s in my IR spots and kept him specifically for McBride’s bye next week. It’s definitely a huge possibility that he doesn’t play next week. I’m already planning for him not to.

I also have McBride and no other TE.

I might pick up Waller and hope he plays in week 14.

What's his contract status for next year? Is he a possible cap casualty?
No guarantees left, have about $7.5M in bonus that will get accelerated but with a salary of $10.5 they'd be able to clear $10M in cap space next year cutting him while pushing off around $5m of bonus to future cap years.

So yes, a cap casualty candidate.

At this point you`re just drafting the name Waller , but if you have bench room why not?

Giants TE Darren Waller (hamstring) is “hopeful” to be activated this week.

Last week, Waller had said that he was eyeing Week 15 as his return date, so it seems that he remains confident in that plan. He told Giants beat reporters that he “feels good” and while he “doesn’t see a full 60-snap workload likely versus Saints this week,” he thinks he can possibly contribute “a good chunk.” What “a good chunk” means is anybody’s guess, but having Waller out on the field for any portion of the game is good news for the growing legend of Tommy DeVito and is another step in the right direction for a Giants team that is just one game out of a Wild Card spot.

Anyone starting him? Shoot, I auto-drafted him in a non-serious league and was asking this same question starting week 1.

I'm seriously considering playing him over 'Muth in a TE-premium league where I kinda need to swing for the fences. Gonna wait to see the practice report from tomorrow and make the call.

The New York Post reports Darren Waller considered retirement after the 2023 season.
Waller, 31, “expressed to individuals in the Giants organization that he was contemplating retirement” after another injury-marred season in which he managed just one touchdown on 52 catches over 11 games. Waller has since committed to returning to the Giants in 2024. He’ll make $10.5 million in base salary and count as a $14 million salary cap hit for the team. The big-framed Waller — constantly battling hamstring injuries — is at best a red zone weapon after slowing down in recent seasons.

The New York Post reports Darren Waller considered retirement after the 2023 season.
Waller, 31, “expressed to individuals in the Giants organization that he was contemplating retirement” after another injury-marred season in which he managed just one touchdown on 52 catches over 11 games. Waller has since committed to returning to the Giants in 2024. He’ll make $10.5 million in base salary and count as a $14 million salary cap hit for the team. The big-framed Waller — constantly battling hamstring injuries — is at best a red zone weapon after slowing down in recent seasons.
Apparently he's not finished contemplating retirement:

Users who are viewing this thread