What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Foster Moreau, NO (1 Viewer)

kittenmittens

Footballguy
Moreau is apparently favored by Gruden and has a pretty decent athletic profile and decent draft capital.

It seems roster crunched dynasty owners are dropping him... When they do I'm picking him up and planning to hold into next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the pre draft analysis I had read had him pegged as a blocking TE but when you look at his combine results he placed pretty high in lots of stuff. One to watch for sure

By all reports it's Darren Waller that's worth the add in Oakland, but he does have a nice profile.  I'd only stash in the deepest of leagues and TE premium or start 2 TE. 

went undrafted in my 16 team (with full IDP) rookie draft - 7 rounds

Last edited by a moderator:
Waller is basically a WR who has had injury problems in the past... 

Moreau really has to be a must own type of player in dynasty right now, at least in TE premium. 

Rookie TE getting snaps and targets alert.  Rookie TE getting snaps and targets alert! 

Backs up a former WR (fragile?) playing TE and getting insane targets.  TE is most often injured position.  Waller hits FA after the season also and if he stays healthy somebody is gonna offer him money just like Cook. 

Moreau should be owned in pretty much all dynasty leagues except the very shallow.  I'd be buying this, could be pretty huge. Buy now. 

Foster Moreau caught 2-of-3 targets for 24 yards and a touchdown in the Raiders' Week 7 loss to the Packers.

The touchdown was Moreau's second in three games, while he's now averaging 3/33 in that timespan. That's not much, but it is enough to affix Moreau to the TE2 radar. His score today was a bruiser in tight coverage. Moreau has shown excellent hands in traffic. With Tyrell Williams (foot) sidelined, 3/33 is a realistic weekly expectation for the Raiders' No. 2 tight end.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:37 PM ET

Raiders beat writers Vic Tafur and Tashan Reed expect third-year pro Foster Moreau to have a bigger role in the red zone in 2021. 

2020 was a lost year for Moreau as he took a back seat to Jason Witten on the depth chart. Moreau caught only seven passes after corralling 21 as a rookie. Five of those grabs ended up in the end zone. 6-foot-4 with high-end athleticism, 24-year-old (in May) Moreau also plays in an offense that targeted wide receivers a league-low 43.4 percent of the time in 2020. He went into hibernation last year, but he's a name to file away in Dynasty and tight end premium leagues. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Mar 25, 2021, 5:34 PM ET

Not as long as Waller is there and uninjured. 
.....but he is a nice stash in dynasty leagues should anything happen to Waller, plus he should get an uptick in snaps in 2021 with old man Witten retiring again.  He's still just 24 years old.

Waller owner who has been stashing Moreau on Taxi last few seasons just in case. I think he could deliver TE1 numbers if needed. It as good as Waller obviously but decent. 

Hankmoody said:
This thread might be the most in-need of a title change in this history of title changes.
And your post might be the post in most need of a bigger like emoji in the history of…umm uhh needing…like…emojis.

Foster Moreau caught all six of his targets for 60 yards and a touchdown in the Raiders' Week 7 win over the Eagles.

Moreau started for the Raiders with Darren Waller picking up an ankle injury late in the week. The third-year tight end picked up his ninth career touchdown on a red zone strike from Derek Carr. Despite being phased out of the offense after his rookie season, Moreau has popped up with the random red zone score four times over the past two years. He'll return to his limited role once Waller is back on the field but should provide serviceable TE2 production until then. 

Oct 24, 2021, 7:29 PM ET

NBC Sports Edge take:

Raiders coach Rich Bisaccia said Darren Waller (knee) is considered week-to-week.

Waller suffered a strained IT band in the Raiders' Thanksgiving loss to the Cowboys. Foster Moreau looks likely to draw his second start of the year in Week 13. Las Vegas takes on a struggling Washington defense, teeing Moreau up for a TE1 outing. He played on 100 percent of the Raiders' snaps and posted a 6/60/1 line in his previous start. Moreau is the best pickup at tight end for fantasy managers looking for a streamer. 

RELATED: 

Foster Moreau

SOURCE: Adam Hill on Twitter

Raiders coach Rich Bisaccia said TE Foster Moreau (core) "should be good to go" for Week 15 against the Browns.

With the NFL moving the game to Monday, the Raiders have yet to release their final injury report. Moreau, who was limited in practice this week, is expected to play and should make another start with Darren Waller (knee) sidelined. Playing against a Browns defense that could be missing multiple starters, Moreau is a usage-based TE2.

SOURCE: Fresno Bee

Dec 17, 2021, 6:58 PM ET

Just not sure I can trust him. But my other option is Hunter Henry in NE...............I think Henry is my least worst option

Foster Moreau caught 7-of-9 targets for 65 yards in the Raiders’ Week 15 win over the Browns.

Moreau got his fourth start in place of Darren Waller this year and made the most of the extra reps. He surpassed his season highs in every receiving category outside of touchdowns versus Cleveland. Moreau also led the Raiders in targets alongside Zay Jones, who also saw nine looks as well. As long as Waller is out, Moreau will remain a TE1 streaming option based on his solid usage.

Dec 20, 2021, 10:24 PM ET

Foster Moreau (knee) is off Las Vegas' final injury report for Week 7.​

He'll play a bigger-than-usual role in the passing game with Darren Waller out. Moreau has not played since Week 3, but had 3/30 and 3/44 efforts lower in the pecking order in Weeks 2 and 3. He also had had TE1-worthy games in the past when Waller has missed time. He's a passable streamer this week against the Texans.
Oct 21, 2022, 5:13 PM ET

Foster Moreau caught 3-of-5 targets for 28 yards in the Raiders' Week 7 win over the Texans.

Taking the place of Darren Waller (hamstring) on Sunday, Moreau was the second-most targeted player on the Raiders despite the meager receiving line. His longest reception, which came on a 17-yard catch, fell just four yards shy of a touchdown, which would have given the veteran tight end a much more productive fantasy day. It wasn't the best day for Moreau, who has been a reliable streaming option in the past. If Waller is to miss Week 8 against the Saints, Moreau would be a worthwhile streamer yet again.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Foster Moreau caught 2-of-5 targets for 42 yards in the Raiders' Week 9 loss to the Jaguars.

With Darren Waller (hamstring) out yet again, Moreau's five targets were a very distant second on the team behind Davante Adams' 17. Moreau's yards were also way behind Adams' 10/146/2 outing. Waller has seemed close to playing the last two weeks, so it's unclear when he'll actually be back. The Raiders host the Colts in Week 10.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Bengals hosted TE Foster Moreau for a visit.​

Moreau's rookie contract is up and the Raiders have not brought him back yet despite trading Darren Waller. Moreau drew the start whenever Waller was hurt and still got reps, primarily as a blocker, even when Waller was active. He totaled 33 catches for 420 yards and two scores in 2022. Moreau wouldn't be an expensive signing for the Bengals but could step into an every-down role for them. With Hayden Hurst whisked away to Carolina, they are now in need of a new starting tight end. Moreau would be an intriguing TE2 fantasy option if he is the only tight end of note the Bengals add this offseason.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Mar 17, 2023, 5:35 PM ET

Saints hosted free agent TE Foster Moreau for a visit.​

Moreau, a native of New Orleans and former LSU standout, remains a free agent through the first week of the 2023 offseason. This visit could be perceived as notable considering his previous quarterback, Derek Carr, recently signed with the Saints. The Saints also recently re-signed tight end Juwan Johnson after his breakout season last year. Moreau set career highs in relief of Darren Waller in 2022 with 55 targets, 33 receptions, and 420 receiving yards.
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Mar 18, 2023, 4:25 PM ET

Sad news….

Foster Moreau announced he has been diagnosed Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and will be stepping away from football.​

Moreau took to Twitter to make the announcement, adding that the cancer was found "during a routine physical conducted by the Saint’s medical team down in New Orleans." He expressed gratitude for the support he has received and ended his message by saying, "I’ll go kick this thing’s *** and get back to doing what I love!" It's a deeply sad revelation for a player who was likely going to work his way into a starting role on a new team this year. We all look forward to seeing Moreau's return to football, whenever that may be.

Sad news….

Foster Moreau announced he has been diagnosed Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and will be stepping away from football.​

Moreau took to Twitter to make the announcement, adding that the cancer was found "during a routine physical conducted by the Saint’s medical team down in New Orleans." He expressed gratitude for the support he has received and ended his message by saying, "I’ll go kick this thing’s *** and get back to doing what I love!" It's a deeply sad revelation for a player who was likely going to work his way into a starting role on a new team this year. We all look forward to seeing Moreau's return to football, whenever that may be.
Damn shame. Get well soon Foster.

1. Incredibly sad and I hope he recovers quickly and returns to the NFL.

2. What are the Raiders going to do at TE?

Users who are viewing this thread