What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Gerald Everett, CHI (2 Viewers)

Agreed.   He did have 8 targets the week before though. And watching the first 3 games it just seemed like he was getting routes over the RBs. The opportunity looked good from an "eye test" position.

Our difference may get skewed by our leagues and vantage points, however. My main league is 16 team.
Oh yeah - 16 team league I’d even grab him as a potential flex. 

And there’s a lot of talk in the Gurley topic about his lack of receptions this year - it’s weird. He was a primary target.  When they talked about reducing his workload, I’d assumed his receptions would remain more or less the same. I guess I figured receiving is less impactful than rushing. 

He looks ok - it’s kinda of weird that they’d phase him out of the passing game. He was such a capable receiver & so dangerous in space. 

Oh yeah - 16 team league I’d even grab him as a potential flex. 

And there’s a lot of talk in the Gurley topic about his lack of receptions this year - it’s weird. He was a primary target.  When they talked about reducing his workload, I’d assumed his receptions would remain more or less the same. I guess I figured receiving is less impactful than rushing. 

He looks ok - it’s kinda of weird that they’d phase him out of the passing game. He was such a capable receiver & so dangerous in space. 
:thumbup: took a look at it. First time in the Gurley thread for me.

In regards to Gurley/RBs part of the eye test was that they were staying tight by the LOS. They aren't running downfield patterns like Everett, who looks every bit like a big WR.

Gerald Everett caught 2-of-5 targets for nine yards in the Rams' Week 6 loss to the 49ers.

Everett's five targets were second on the team to Cooper Kupp's six, but Jared Goff managed a career-worst 78 passing yards in the lopsided loss. He also missed Everett wide open down the right side late in the fourth quarter on what should have been a 50-plus yards touchdown. Everett will be a back-end TE1 next week against the Falcons.

Last edited by a moderator:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
I realize that the 9ers game was a stinkbomb for everyone on the Rams but Everett still finished with the 2nd most targets for the 2nd week in a row, and the week before that he had 8 and 5/44/1. I'm not exactly discouraged.
More targets than Cooks and Woods and one fewer than Kupp. Easy buy low.

I picked him up last year based on his showing last season's production week 13-15.  Then he sort of disappeared early this season and it looked like Rams just have too many mouthes to feed and he isn't a priority.  Now he has had a mini-break out again.  He has the talent but it is a question of the Rams making him a consistent focus.  I'm still not sold but will be starting him because of Dissley injury.  He's  a pretty good lottery for those with injury holes to fill at TE.

I picked him up last year based on his showing last season's production week 13-15.  Then he sort of disappeared early this season and it looked like Rams just have too many mouthes to feed and he isn't a priority.  Now he has had a mini-break out again.  He has the talent but it is a question of the Rams making him a consistent focus.  I'm still not sold but will be starting him because of Dissley injury.  He's  a pretty good lottery for those with injury holes to fill at TE.
Him or Fells from Houston, who you like better? Fells is getting some press this week, 3 of last 4 are 10+ in PPR, yet I find it scary that he's like 32/33 yrs old, didn't enter the NFL until he was like 27/28...I just don'r trust that guy for some reason. But GE is a big gamble. 20-15 a couple weeks ago but then you get mostly snake eyes last week although he was wide open on a 40 yd TD fly?

Him or Fells from Houston, who you like better? Fells is getting some press this week, 3 of last 4 are 10+ in PPR, yet I find it scary that he's like 32/33 yrs old, didn't enter the NFL until he was like 27/28...I just don'r trust that guy for some reason. But GE is a big gamble. 20-15 a couple weeks ago but then you get mostly snake eyes last week although he was wide open on a 40 yd TD fly?
I'm no longer willing to take a chance on Gerald. Either Fells or Agholor for me at flex, most likely Fells. I trust Watson to get Fells more involved than the Rams to keep Gerald consistent. 

Houston with Watson at QB do not seem to favor the TE in passing game although he, like Everett, has had some success.  This week I like Rams matchup better so I would favor Everett.

Houston with Watson at QB do not seem to favor the TE in passing game although he, like Everett, has had some success.  This week I like Rams matchup better so I would favor Everett.
TEs becoming more involved every week in Houston. Rams always hit or miss. 

Indy ranked #30 vs TE and this is a huge game that will impact whoever wins this division. 
In MFL Indy is ranked 15 for TEs and Falcons whom Everett faces are 26th.  But I see the Pro Football Reference does rank Indy 30th and Atlanta there is ranked 17th. 

Given that maybe Fells is better this week.

In MFL Indy is ranked 15 for TEs and Falcons whom Everett faces are 26th.  But I see the Pro Football Reference does rank Indy 30th and Atlanta there is ranked 17th. 

Given that maybe Fells is better this week.
Maybe both are decent plays for guys in the 10-15 range for owners that have had injuries at TE which there are many. 

I have Herndon hoping he will get started very soon, trying to bridge the gap. Henry then Dissly, it's been a rough TE year here. 

TEs becoming more involved every week in Houston. Rams always hit or miss. 
The first point is not outright true in a vacuum. When Houston wants to run, it uses more two TE sets and that’s the games you’ve seen higher target volume from Fells. 

The encouraging sign for those interested in considering him is he’s second on the team (behind Fuller) in red zone targets on the season. 

As someone who owns both and could only keep one, I chose Everett. I like Fells too but as a Texans fan, seems like Watson is the only consistent about the offense these days. Ask any Hopkins owner. I’m still trying to find a way to get Fells back though as I might easily be wrong here going forward. 

Targets for Everett last three weeks: 8, 11, 5

Targets for Fells last three weeks: 1, 2, 7

What am I missing?
I was speaking of both the Houston TEs have become more involved. Watson is good. Goff is a bum.  The Houston TEs are much more a part of the game plan in the red zone.  Not the case in LA.  We're comparing lower tier TE streaming options here. It's not a huge difference. I'm just saying I'd prefer Fells. More likely to score. 

The first point is not outright true in a vacuum. When Houston wants to run, it uses more two TE sets and that’s the games you’ve seen higher target volume from Fells. 

The encouraging sign for those interested in considering him is he’s second on the team (behind Fuller) in red zone targets on the season. 

As someone who owns both and could only keep one, I chose Everett. I like Fells too but as a Texans fan, seems like Watson is the only consistent about the offense these days. Ask any Hopkins owner. I’m still trying to find a way to get Fells back though as I might easily be wrong here going forward. 
Again, we're comparing low level streaming TEs for most. Depending on the game plan from each game, it could go either way. 

Gerald Everett caught 4-of-10 targets for 50 yards and a touchdown in the Rams' Week 7 win over the Falcons.

For the second time in as many weeks, Jared Goff missed Everett for a wide-open touchdown. This time, it was a 40-yarder. Unlike Week 6, Goff did manage to atone in Atlanta, though Everett's eight-yard score was mostly his own doing on a tight end screen. Despite Goff's struggles, Everett continues to rack up targets, posting a whopping 34 over his past four games. He is now firmly established as an every-week TE1 and has another plus matchup for Week 8 in the Bengals.

Oct 20, 2019, 6:07 PM ET

Gerald Everett caught 8-of-12 targets for 68 yards in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Steelers.

Everett led the Rams in targets and receptions in an odd, low-scoring game for Los Angeles. Jared Goff predictably struggled against pressure on the road, but that may have actually helped Everett because he was frequently targeted as a check-down option. After today's game, the third-year tight end already has more receptions and yards in 2019 than he had in 16 games last season. Everett will be a low-end TE1 against the Bears next week as he continues his mini breakout season.

Rams coach Sean McVay expects Gerald Everett (wrist) to play Week 11 against the Bears.

Everett has been limited by a wrist injury at practice this week but should be available Sunday night against the Bears. The former second-round pick has enjoyed a breakout season, supplying a 34-365-2 receiving line on 56 targets while ascending to every-week TE1 status in fantasy. He's drawn double-digit targets in three of his last five appearances.

SOURCE: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter

Nov 14, 2019, 5:01 PM ET

Gerald Everett (wrist) is questionable for Week 11 against Chicago.

Everett is expected to play despite the questionable tag. Tyler Higbee (questionable, knee) looks less likely to be active after missing most of the practice week. At less than 100 percent in a shy-away matchup, Everett should be treated as a low-floor TE1.

Nov 15, 2019, 6:30 PM ET

Gerald Everett (wrist) is active for Week 11 against Chicago.

Everett was expected to play, though he'll lose a few snaps to Tyler Higbee (knee), who is also active. The Rams inactives are WR Brandin Cooks, WR Robert Woods, OT Rob Havenstein, OL Jamil Demby, DT Greg Gaines, DB Darious Williams, and S Jake Gervase.

Nov 17, 2019, 6:58 PM ET

Gerald Everett caught one pass for 20 yards in Week 11 against Chicago.

Everett wasn’t targeted until late in the fourth quarter. He came into Sunday night questionable with a shoulder injury and played just 14 snaps. It’s another bust game for Everett, who has been held under 20 yards in three of the last five games. Everett will be a low-floor TE2 for Week 12 against the Ravens.

Gerald Everett caught both of his targets for 23 yards in the Rams' Week 12 loss to the Ravens.

Everett has 23 yards or fewer in four of his last six games. He has some big games here and there, but they're impossible to predict while Jared Goff has devolved into a bottom-barrel starting quarterback. Everett, however, does get the Cardinals' league-worst tight end defense in Week 13.

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but he was obviously in pain and immediately grabbing for his knee on the play he was blocking and gave up a sack.  Didn't see him in the game after that...could be nothing considering it hasn't been mentioned at all, but something I'd keep an eye on.

ETA: it looked like it tried bending the wrong way.

gotexansgo said:
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but he was obviously in pain and immediately grabbing for his knee on the play he was blocking and gave up a sack.  Didn't see him in the game after that...could be nothing considering it hasn't been mentioned at all, but something I'd keep an eye on.

ETA: it looked like it tried bending the wrong way.
There’s a video of it on reddit.

His knee definitely hyper extended in the wrong direction similar to that old Charlie Sheen alien movie.

You guys called it:

(Rotoworld) Gerald Everett is day to day with a knee injury.

Analysis: Everett hyperextended his knee in the middle of Monday night's contest against Baltimore, which limited him to playing just 17-of-54 offensive snaps. The Rams tight end was also dealing with an ankle injury heading into the game, so his Week 13 practice reports are definitely worth monitoring. With Brandin Cooks back in the lineup and with Jared Goff's issues compounding, Everett is now on the TE1/2 borderline for the rest of the season after showing low-end TE1 value earlier in the year.

Gerald Everett (knee) did not participate in practice Wednesday.

Everett missed Week 13 which allowed backup TE Tyler Higbee to clear 100 yards and score a touchdown against the lowly Cardinals defense. If Everett misses another game, Higbee will be on the TE1/2 borderline as a recommended streamer.

Dec 4, 2019, 9:37 PM ET

Gerald Everett (knee) is out for Week 14 against the Seahawks.

Tyler Higbee will get another start after posting 107 yards and a touchdown against the Cardinals last week. Seattle is an underrated good matchup as well, so Higbee is a recommended TE2 streamer. Consider Everett as week to week.

SOURCE: Curtis Crabtree on Twitter

Dec 6, 2019, 4:28 PM ET

Gerald Everett (knee) remained sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

"His knee is making progress, but not ready to get out there and practice with us yet," coach Sean McVay said. Everett has been labeled "day-to-day" since initially suffering his knee injury in Week 13. Tyler Higbee has exploded for 14/223/1 on 140-of-149 snaps without Everett the past two weeks and will remain a stout top-five TE1 against Dallas if the former's ruled out.

SOURCE: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter

Dec 11, 2019, 4:34 PM ET

Everett looks real good when they throw him the ball, which is not ofen enought in the few games he plays while not waiting out an injury.

Everett looks real good when they throw him the ball, which is not ofen enought in the few games he plays while not waiting out an injury.
I believe dynasty teams with 24 or less roster spots will be hard pressed to keep Everett when their league draft comes up next year.  I think the cutoff is 22 - 24 roster spots, so that's why I said borderline.  Especially given how deep this upcoming draft is.

Rams TE Gerald Everett (knee) is out for the team's Week 15 matchup against the Cowboys.

Everett's absence has enabled Tyler Higbee to great heights. Overall, he's posted 7-107-1 and 7-116-0 lines on a combined 19 targets over the past two weeks while getting snap rates north of 90% in both games. Up next is a Cowboys Defense that ranks 29th in DVOA against the TE position and generally invites opposing QBs to check the ball down. Continue to fire up Higbee as a strong TE1 as long as Everett remains sidelined.

SOURCE: Kevin Modesti on Twitter

Dec 13, 2019, 5:11 PM ET

Gerald Everett (knee) was removed from the Rams' Week 16 injury report on Thursday and will be active against the 49ers.

Everett missed the past three games, a span in which Tyler Higbee went absolutely bonkers, clearing 100 yards all three times out. In theory, Everett's return is a threat to that, but it's hard to see the Rams moving off Higbee and funneling targets Everett's way. Higbee remains locked in as a TE1, while Everett is no longer on the TE2 radar despite his mid-season noise.

Dec 19, 2019, 5:38 PM ET

The ship has sailed on Everett.

Higbee was given a nice extension and is now coming on after flashing some skills early in his career.  Think Higbee has established himself as the TE1 in this offense. 

Users who are viewing this thread