What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Gerald Everett, CHI (2 Viewers)

NFL Week 1 fantasy football questions and answers: 32 reporters give advice on Julio Jones, Ravens running backs, more

Excerpt:

Will a third pass-catcher prove productive, and if so who?

Tight end Gerald Everett seems like the most likely candidate, at least for now. Rookie Dee Eskridge might still begin the season as Seattle's third receiver behind Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf, which is what the Seahawks envisioned when they drafted him in the second round. But all the time he missed because of his toe injury added to an already challenging learning curve. Everett, on the other hand, has had no catching up to do in Shane Waldron's new offense, which is similar to the one he played in while both were with the Rams. -- Brady Henderson

Seahawks placed TE Gerald Everett on the reserve/COVID list.

Everett has played 77% of the snaps through three games and is coming off his best stat line of the season last week in Minnesota when he caught all five of his targets for 54 scoreless yards. It's unclear if Everett is vaccinated, but his Week 4 status is now in doubt. If Everett misses, Will Dissly will play a bigger role against the 49ers.

Sep 29, 2021, 4:43 PM ET

Gerald Everett will not be activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list for Week 5 against the Rams. 

We haven't heard much on Everett since he was first placed on the COVID list eight days ago. It's quite possible he would have been cleared for Week 5 were the game on Sunday, but the short week gave him less time to go negative. Will Dissly is an uninspiring TE2 streamer in Everett's absence. Everett should be back for Week 6 vs. Pittsburgh. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Oct 7, 2021, 6:13 PM ET

Seahawks activated TE Gerald Everett from reserve/COVID-19 list.

Everett had just eight catches in three healthy games with Seattle before heading to the COVID list and will remain a touchdown-or-bust TE2 flier with Geno Smith under center in the near-term. 

- Aaron Wilson, Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerald Everett caught 5-of-9 targets for 37 yards in the Seahawks' Week 12 loss to Washington.

Everett's nine targets paced the team on a night Russell Wilson's threw 31 passes and didn't target DK Metcalf until deep into the third quarter. Tyler Lockett also didn't catch a pass in the second half. Everett, meanwhile, has seen target counts of 8, 4, and 9 over the last three weeks since Wilson's return, and his six-yard touchdown in the first half was Everette's first since Week 1. It was a perfect throw from Wilson. Everett has suddenly become a viable streamer ahead of a Week 13 date with the 49ers.

Nov 29, 2021, 11:51 PM ET

The Seattle Times reports that Gerald Everett is "a likely goner" after the acquisition of Noah Fant in the Russell Wilson trade.

Everett finished the 2021 season with a 48/478/4 slash line, and should have plenty of interest in free agency after playing this year on a one-year, $6 million deal. Fant seems likely to be one of the featured targets for the Seahawks in 2022, though how the quarterback position unfolds for them will probably dictate how much that matters in fantasy leagues. 

RELATED: 

Noah Fant

SOURCE: Seattle Times

Mar 13, 2022, 5:29 PM ET

Chargers signed TE Gerald Everett, formerly of the Seahawks, to a two-year, $12 million contract.

Reportedly $8 million of it is guaranteed. While Everett has yet to have a season that has seized the TE landscape, he has shown flashes and is off a career-high 478 yards and four touchdowns in Seattle. Almost all the fantasy-useful games Everett posted came with Russell Wilson under center, and we can think of worse situations for him to wind up than playing with Justin Herbert in an offense with an aging Keenan Allen. Jared Cook's 83 targets last season would be more than Everett ever had in a season. Donald Parham's fantasy stock takes a hit with this news, while Noah Fant will be the main fantasy-relevant TE in Seattle. 

RELATED: 

Noah Fant

, Donald Parham

, Seattle Seahawks

SOURCE: SportsTrust Advisors on Twitter

Mar 20, 2022, 6:28 PM ET

I guess he is doing his NFL career via I-5. Maybe he will twilight in the Bay. I have to bump him quite a bit in FFPC now. And find room for him in some spots. I almost forgot about him but this is a good contract and a good spot. 

I guess he is doing his NFL career via I-5. Maybe he will twilight in the Bay. I have to bump him quite a bit in FFPC now. And find room for him in some spots. I almost forgot about him but this is a good contract and a good spot. 
Yeah,  I have him in multiple FFPC leagues and was figuring he was a cut.  Now I have to re-think those leagues.

I think its fair to expect similar numbers from Everett to what Jared Cook did a year ago. Maybe a slightly lower ceiling due to the Chargers defense being better next season. I'd say in the TE15-20 range. 

The Athletic's Daniel Popper believes the Chargers will use Gerald Everett "in a variety of ways, from screens to flat routes to jet sweeps."

Popper added Everett, 27, could be in for a career year in LA, which isn't saying much considering Everett's career high in receptions stands at 48. Popper said the Chargers see Everett as a far more athletic version of Jared Cook, the wily if slow-footed veteran who served as the team's primary pass-catching tight end in 2021. Cook was fourth on the team in targets (82) and fifth in targets per route run. Everett's fantasy prospects are capped in an offense where he'll compete for targets with Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler, and Keenan Allen. He should suffice as a serviceable option in 12-team formats though. It's difficult to envision an LA offense that regularly uses Everett on jet sweeps. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Jun 20, 2022, 11:35 AM ET

Gerald Everett caught 3-of-4 targets for 54 yards and one touchdown in the Chargers' Week 1 win over the Raiders.

A popular Week 1 streamer at the position, things didn't start great for Everett players, seeing deep reserve TE Zander Horvath catching Justin Herbert's first score. But Everett got in on the fun, securing the third of Herbert's three touchdowns from 18 yards out to put the Bolts up by 14 in the third quarter. Everett will again be on the streaming map for Week 2's AFC West showdown against the Chiefs Thursday night.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Gerald Everett caught 6-of-10 targets for 71 yards in the Chargers' Week 2 loss to the Chiefs.​

It was a(nother) nice statline for Everett in Los Angeles, but as is so often the case with the ex-Seahawk and Ram, fans and fantasy managers are only going to remember his screwup. Gassed following a 26-yard screen rumble in the fourth quarter, Everett begged out of the game after he advanced to the Chiefs' three-yard line. Instead, the Chargers went hurry up and kept Everett on the field. Justin Herbert targeted him at the goal line, Everett could scarcely move toward the ball, and the attempt turned into a 99-yard pick six. Brutal, though it doesn't show up in Everett's 9/125/1 box score through two games in a Chargers uniform. He will operate as a high-end TE2 for Week 3 vs. the Jaguars.
Sep 16, 2022, 12:22 AM ET

Dude looked good. Natural hands. good mover. Has a top 3 qb throwing him the ball. Was wide open on 1st TD but Herbert chose the closer (easier option). Also was open on the INT and yes, he was gassed and wanted out but that throw was low and inside. I think that throw on his chest is a TD.

May have some thin weeks when they are full strength but looks like a top 10 TE to me.

Drafted him after I was the last to grab a TE and took Ertz then Everett, both of them scored last week, happy with 6/70 last night on 10 targets, that's not likely to occur all the time.

Everett has topped out around 400-500 yds and 4 TDs, looks like he should easily surpass that and there does seem to be a pattern where unheralded TEs are on teams with good QB like Everett, Hurst, Ertz, all of them have pretty strong QBs.

Use him while you can, perhaps package him or add him in to a trade while his stock is up. I think if he stays healthy, good chance to post career numbers this season.

Top 10-12?

I have Nojku and Smith Jr and I want to drop one of them for this guy but i'm having trouble pulling the trigger

Drafted him after I was the last to grab a TE and took Ertz then Everett, both of them scored last week, happy with 6/70 last night on 10 targets, that's not likely to occur all the time.

Everett has topped out around 400-500 yds and 4 TDs, looks like he should easily surpass that and there does seem to be a pattern where unheralded TEs are on teams with good QB like Everett, Hurst, Ertz, all of them have pretty strong QBs.

Use him while you can, perhaps package him or add him in to a trade while his stock is up. I think if he stays healthy, good chance to post career numbers this season.

Top 10-12?
IDK, the chargers seem to have good luck with TE’s. I am kicking myself for drafting Kmet over him. If he stays healthy, he could sneak up to 4-5.

The only thing that worries me about Everett moving forward is his lack of effort on the pick 6. I know he was exhausted and was trying to tap out but he his body language looked terrible when he ran the route and he seemed like he was more interested in picking up his dropped mouth guard than trying to tackle the cornerback that made the pick. You saw Herbert trying to gut things out when he was obviously in tons of pain so I don't know if Everett's teammates are going to hold this against him. If he was that bad he should have faked an injury so they would be forced to take him out. I know they were going quick tempo and did not want to allow the Chiefs to make substitutions but that was the turning point in the game.

Top 10-12?
IDK, the chargers seem to have good luck with TE’s. I am kicking myself for drafting Kmet over him. If he stays healthy, he could sneak up to 4-5.
I think Kmet will be fine. Can't hold a game played in a monsoon against him.

Top 10-12?
I think Kmet will be fine. Can't hold a game played in a monsoon against him.
It’s a continuation of last year, some of it is Fields also.

Gerald Everett was added to the Chargers' Thursday injury report with a hamstring issue, getting in a "limited" session.​

This suggests an in-practice injury, which obviously is far from ideal, especially on a Thursday. Everett would still be on the right side of questionable if he can bounce back and get in another "limited" day on Friday, but that is probably unlikely. If he plays on Sunday against the Browns, it would probably be after a Friday "DNP" and day of treatment. Fantasy managers don't yet have to rule Everett out in their minds, but they do need to begin making alternate arrangements. Donald Parham would be the pass-catching fall-back plan up the seam for the Bolts.
Oct 6, 2022, 6:28 PM ET

Gerald Everett caught 5-of-7 targets for 29 yards in the Chargers' Week 6 win over the Broncos.​

It was Everett's fourth game of five-plus catches this season, but the Chargers couldn't create any big plays after the catch or down the field. Their longest play went for 24 yards, and no others produced more than 14 yards. It was a catch-and-fall kind of night against a top-end defense. Everett will be a passable TE1 option for next week's date against the Seahawks, Everett's former team.
Oct 18, 2022, 12:28 AM ET

Love the 7 targets, 5/29 low production and was out produced with less targets by Parham.

I've had the Ertz/Everett combo and have not played GE for several weeks now, wondering if its time to perhaps let him go but then again, looks like Ertz will be seeing a steady diet of targets with a new AZ WR injury, sure Hopkins rotates back in but Hollywood was a solid WR for short and intermediate work, Ertz benefits from Brown/Hopkins not being available together. Robbie Anderson will run fly patterns to stretch the defenses. I can be patient with Everett and see if the climate and availability of other Receivers in Los Angeles might have a big impact on his usage. 7 targets though, he was active.

Love the 7 targets, 5/29 low production and was out produced with less targets by Parham.

I've had the Ertz/Everett combo and have not played GE for several weeks now, wondering if its time to perhaps let him go but then again, looks like Ertz will be seeing a steady diet of targets with a new AZ WR injury, sure Hopkins rotates back in but Hollywood was a solid WR for short and intermediate work, Ertz benefits from Brown/Hopkins not being available together. Robbie Anderson will run fly patterns to stretch the defenses. I can be patient with Everett and see if the climate and availability of other Receivers in Los Angeles might have a big impact on his usage. 7 targets though, he was active.

I don't have the answer for you but I'm carrying Njoku, Irv Smith and Everett and I really want to drop him as well...

Gerald Everett caught 5-of-9 targets for 63 yards in the Chargers' Week 7 loss to the Seahawks.

On a day Justin Herbert chucked 51 passes, Everett's nine targets tied Mike Williams for second on the team behind Austin Ekeler's dozen. Everett heads into the Chargers' Week 8 bye with 50-plus yards in 4-of-7 games and two scores. He's on pace for a career year but is still more of a matchup-based TE1 streamer.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Gerald Everett caught 5-of-8 targets for 36 yards in the Chargers' Week 9 win over the Falcons.

Everett earned a 19 percent target share in this contest but failed to do much with the extra looks. Sans Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, Herbert was forced to spread the ball around, resulting in five Chargers seeing at least six targets. Everett's volume was solid, but he didn't take much of a step forward despite the Chargers missing both of their star receivers. Everett enters Week 10 as a low-end TE1.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Gerald Everett (groin) was limited in Thursday's practice.​

Everett has played over 70% of the offensive snaps only once all season for the Chargers as he has dealt with multiple injuries, but there is no doubting his impact to the team - particularly in the red zone. His nine red zone targets rank fifth at the position while his 242 total routes rank eighth this season. Further update on all four primary pass-catchers for the Chargers will come on Friday when the team releases their updated practice report, with all eyes on the respective health of Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, DeAndre Carter, and Gerald Everett ahead of a marquee matchup against the Chiefs.
Nov 17, 2022, 7:40 PM ET

I would rather he just miss 1 game and come back the next week ready to roll the final 6-7 weeks of the season.
Already down Ertz, need him to be closer to what he was at the start of the season

The Chargers have downgraded TE Gerald Everett (groin) to questionable.​

Everett was removed from the Chargers' injury report on Friday before being downgraded to questionable again on Saturday ahead of the team's Week 11, Sunday Night Football showdown with the Chiefs. Fantasy managers might need to start thinking about alternate plans at tight end considering only the 49ers and Cardinals play after the Chargers in Week 11.
Nov 19, 2022, 4:21 PM ET

Everett was removed from the Chargers' injury report on Friday before being downgraded to questionable again on Saturday ahead of the team's Week 11, Sunday Night Football showdown with the Chiefs. Fantasy managers might need to start thinking about alternate plans at tight end considering only the 49ers and Cardinals play after the Chargers in Week 11.
Good find

I have Moreau instead of Everett starting today
I would consider Conklin, Juwan Johnson, McBride, all of them could be better options if Everett is hurt.
He left early with his groin injury last week, likely still pretty sore.

Good find

I have Moreau instead of Everett starting today
I would consider Conklin, Juwan Johnson, McBride, all of them could be better options if Everett is hurt.
He left early with his groin injury last week, likely still pretty sore.
I swear I heard on the radio he was ruled out but can't find a source to back that up

The Athletic's Daniel Popper believes Gerald Everett is a "likely" cap casualty for the Chargers this offseason.​

Cutting Everett would free up $4.25 million against a Chargers offseason line that starts with them over the cap by $23.4 million. Everett played his best game in Los Angeles' stunning collapse against the Jaguars, going off for 6/109/1. He turns 29 in June and would probably find a starting job elsewhere if let go. Popper regards tight end as a weakness for the team, noting that Donald Parham played only six games last season and that Tre' McKitty took a step back. It's possible that tight end is an early draft target for the Chargers if they release Everett.
Feb 5, 2023, 2:10 PM ET

Have read a few Twitter posts about Dalton Schultz potentially following Kellen Moore to the Chargers as a free agent.

Gerald Everett caught 2-of-3 targets for 21 yards in the Chargers’ Week 1 loss against the Dolphins.

Donald Parham, meanwhile, caught all three of his targets for 21 yards and a touchdown. Everett splitting the team’s tight end targets is less-than-great news for his fantasy prospects. In a more pass-heavy game script, perhaps Everett will return to fantasy viability. He goes against the Titans in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

Monitoring Redzone, trying to work out my cluster of a TE situation in dynasty, not getting a great deal of looks but making a fair bit out of what he's being offered, might be reliant on something going wrong with one of the receivers to make him more of a confident start going forward, but not one to write off

Bears are giving former Chargers TE Gerald Everett a 2-year, $12 million base value deal with a max value up to $14 million that includes $6.1 million Fully Guaranteed, per source.
Hopefully this doesn't tank Kmet, who finally seemed to put together a FF worthy season.

Everett seemed to have an inflated role due to the Mike Williams injury, but he is a very capable receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread