What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Greg Dulcich, DEN (2 Viewers)

Pretty impressive so far considering he has had double digit points in his first 3 games in the NFL.

Was planning on rolling with him ROS in full PPR. Got offered Dalton Schultz for him today. Tempting but thinking that Dolcich has more upside once he gets acclimated with Wilson. Both are on bye so I have some time to contemplate
I would have accepted the trade. At this time a big difference in their respective offenses and quarterback.

Since Dak's return, Schutlz played 80 snaps in 2g and has run 16 and 14 routes, targeted 35.7% and 43.8% of routes run. TEs need to run at least 23-24 routes to sustain Top Ten production. Healthy Dalton plays 55+ snaps (not 40), runs around 29 routes per game, and is targeted 21%. I question if this is sustainable.

He's re-injured the same PCL twice (e.g., third time the charm here?), and in my view he'll be a limited participant / managing the pain ROS. Def running the risk he'll be do further damage and be shut down.

Dulcich has 87 routes run in 3 games, and plays 20 snaps per game in the slot (vs less than 15 per Schultz.) His ADOT is 12.4, Schultz 5.7. Slightly better catch rate for the rookie, YAC per reception is 6.3 vs 3.7.

Obviously Dalton plays in a better offense with a better QB, but the rookie is getting more opportunity and receiving higher value targets. By every metric (acknowledging these are small sample sizes), the Broncos TE is outplaying last year's TE breakout by a pretty hefty margin. I had the same choice and bet on the talent + what is actually happening on the field this year (vs last year or what I wishcast to happen ROS.)

ETA: it's difficult finding weekly data on blocking assignments, but in Week 8 Dulcich ran 32 routes and was not asked to pass block even once. We generally want TEs who stay in to block 7% or less, and virtually no one outside of Kittle blocks more than that and sustains production. Mark Andrews hasn't pass blocked this season.

Last edited:
Pretty impressive so far considering he has had double digit points in his first 3 games in the NFL.

Was planning on rolling with him ROS in full PPR. Got offered Dalton Schultz for him today. Tempting but thinking that Dolcich has more upside once he gets acclimated with Wilson. Both are on bye so I have some time to contemplate
I would have accepted the trade. At this time a big difference in their respective offenses and quarterback.

Since Dak's return, Schutlz played 80 snaps in 2g and has run 16 and 14 routes, targeted 35.7% and 43.8% of routes run. TEs need to run at least 23-24 routes to sustain Top Ten production. Healthy Dalton plays 55+ snaps (not 40), runs around 29 routes per game, and is targeted 21%. I question if this is sustainable.

He's re-injured the same PCL twice (e.g., third time the charm here?), and in my view he'll be a limited participant / managing the pain ROS. Def running the risk he'll be do further damage and be shut down.

Dulcich has 87 routes run in 3 games, and plays 20 snaps per game in the slot (vs less than 15 per Schultz.) His ADOT is 12.4, Schultz 5.7. Slightly better catch rate for the rookie, YAC per reception is 6.3 vs 3.7.

Obviously Dalton plays in a better offense with a better QB, but the rookie is getting more opportunity and receiving higher value targets. By every metric (acknowledging these are small sample sizes), the Broncos TE is outplaying last year's TE breakout by a pretty hefty margin. I had the same choice and bet on the talent + what is actually happening on the field this year (vs last year or what I wishcast to happen ROS.)

ETA: it's difficult finding weekly data on blocking assignments, but in Week 8 Dulcich ran 32 routes and was not asked to pass block even once. We generally want TEs who stay in to block 7% or less, and virtually no one outside of Kittle blocks more than that and sustains production. Mark Andrews hasn't pass blocked this season.
This is fantastic info thanks for sharing it convinced me to not cut Dulcich thru his bye

There’s risk with every player. Dulcich plays in a dysfunctional offense with a QB playing well below his peak. The two wide receivers should be the top 2 targets. They just traded for a pass catching satellite back.

But in today’s TE landscape he’s got as much upside as you could possibly expect outside the Top 4 producers (Kelce-Andrews/Likely-Kittle-Goedert.)

There’s risk with every player. Dulcich plays in a dysfunctional offense with a QB playing well below his peak. The two wide receivers should be the top 2 targets. They just traded for a pass catching satellite back.

But in today’s TE landscape he’s got as much upside as you could possibly expect outside the Top 4 producers (Kelce-Andrews/Likely-Kittle-Goedert.)
You make a good case. I own Dulcich in my league. So far he's saved me at TE.

With Dak back Dallas offense comes to life. What to me is the difference is that there should be more TDs for Schultz as we go along with the hope Schultz gets healthier.

Dulcich missed 5 games this season due to his hammy . These injuries often reoccur.

With Dak back Dallas offense comes to life. What to me is the difference is that there should be more TDs for Schultz as we go along with the hope Schultz gets healthier.

Dulcich missed 5 games this season due to his hammy . These injuries often reoccur.

so do PCL strains. Schultz has injured the same one 3 times this year.

Agreed. But Dulcich's hammy injury wasn't mentioned.

Agreed. But Dulcich's hammy injury wasn't mentioned.

well anyone get hurt. not everyone is Keenan or Julio when it comes to hamstrings lol. Dulcich doesn’t have any injury history from college and he got hurt July 30.

wonder if there’s any evidence based data that that the further away you get from an injury, the less likely you are to incur a reinjury? seems intuitive but don’t know if it’s a fact. but 3+ months gives me some confidence he’s fully back to where he was.

Last edited:
What he's done his first 3 fantasy games with missing so much time one of the most difficult positions for a rookie to grasp just can't be stated enough. I'm probably forgetting someone but last time I remember a rookie TE starting his first few games so strong after they missed most of training camp and/or first few weeks of the season was Jordan Reed-who did not miss the first few weeks but missed almost all of training camp with a knee injury.

Other then stats on the eye test he looks extremely fast and explosive and it's really makes you think of timed speed vs football speed. Dulchich clocked a 4.7 40 I believe and Albert O was 4.49 and to my eye Dulchich looks faster in open space.

What he's done his first 3 fantasy games with missing so much time one of the most difficult positions for a rookie to grasp just can't be stated enough. I'm probably forgetting someone but last time I remember a rookie TE starting his first few games so strong after they missed most of training camp and/or first few weeks of the season was Jordan Reed-who did not miss the first few weeks but missed almost all of training camp with a knee injury.

Other then stats on the eye test he looks extremely fast and explosive and it's really makes you think of timed speed vs football speed. Dulchich clocked a 4.7 40 I believe and Albert O was 4.49 and to my eye Dulchich looks faster in open space.
Like the fact that he is getting some deep shots down the seam too. The deep ball has always been Wilsons strength, so if he stops sucking, which is a decent possiblity considering his history, Dulcich should get some chunk plays. Had a nice 60 yard TD from Wilson in his first game and another 40 yard play last week.

I picked him up with Everett on his bye and Waller hurt. I’ve now got 3 TEs when I’d really like to just carry one. What would you give for Weird Al in a trade?

Dulcich and Shultz both free agents in my league, trying to figure out which to pick up and whether to do it now before their bye week is over.

I have Freiermuth and starting Likely this week, but I also like the rav reviews and returns from Dulcich. I may make a play for him before MNF cuz next week he'll be in high demand.
Crazy having Freiermuth through the bye thinking like this...

I picked him up with Everett on his bye and Waller hurt. I’ve now got 3 TEs when I’d really like to just carry one. What would you give for Weird Al in a trade?
He doesn’t have much trade value yet. There is a lot of potential. In most leagues he has been on the wire up until this week. You could probably get more trading Everett after This weekend.

Yesterday, 6:36 pm

Dulcich brought in six of eight targets for 85 yards in the Broncos' 10-9 loss to the Ravens on Sunday.

Advice: The rookie tight end bounced back from a rough stretch that had seen him produce a 7-52 line on 12 targets over his previous three games, tying his career best in receptions and posting his second-highest receiving yardage tally. Dulcich led the Broncos in receptions, receiving yards and targets for the day as well, sending him into a Week 14 home battle against the Chiefs with positive momentum.

(Rotowire.com)

his peripherals over the last few games have been great (100 routes run over his last 3 led all tight ends over the last 4 games), just wasn't seeing the production because Russ has forgotten how to play football

Sutton went down after 23 snaps yesterday (hamstring), though Dulcich was getting targets early (3 of their first 12 plays)

Jeudy caught all 4 of his targets but only played 19 snaps in his first game back

only played 38 snaps (72%) Week 13, season low, but should be the #2 option going forward in a very bad offense

expect zero TDs from all Broncos so nothing to get excited about but great production this week

The whole narrative of rookie TEs needing a lot of time to hit is starting to be eradicated.

Obviously Pitts, but also Dulcich and Bellinger and Woods, among others have shown out a bit.

Yesterday, 6:36 pm

Dulcich brought in six of eight targets for 85 yards in the Broncos' 10-9 loss to the Ravens on Sunday.

Advice: The rookie tight end bounced back from a rough stretch that had seen him produce a 7-52 line on 12 targets over his previous three games, tying his career best in receptions and posting his second-highest receiving yardage tally. Dulcich led the Broncos in receptions, receiving yards and targets for the day as well, sending him into a Week 14 home battle against the Chiefs with positive momentum.

(Rotowire.com)

his peripherals over the last few games have been great (100 routes run over his last 3 led all tight ends over the last 4 games), just wasn't seeing the production because Russ has forgotten how to play football

Sutton went down after 23 snaps yesterday (hamstring), though Dulcich was getting targets early (3 of their first 12 plays)

Jeudy caught all 4 of his targets but only played 19 snaps in his first game back

only played 38 snaps (72%) Week 13, season low, but should be the #2 option going forward in a very bad offense

expect zero TDs from all Broncos so nothing to get excited about but great production this week
I benched him for the first time in 4 weeks but thankfully it didnt cost me the win. Next game vs KC should be a lot of passing.

I benched him for the first time in 4 weeks but thankfully it didnt cost me the win. Next game vs KC should be a lot of passing.

it's just such a bad offense

their defense can keep them in games, but then Russ & the Replacements cannot do anything

must be such a demoralized locker room rn, QB is toast and the HC is in way over his head

when everyone is healthy that team is primed but they're locked into Wilson so nope

anyway, long term Dulcich is a guy to keep an eye on for future years

dude is a problem

Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett said the team is using TE Greg Dulcich in a "wide receiver role."​

Denver used multiple tight end formations more than usual in Week 13 against the Ravens, as Dulcich led the team's pass catchers with six grabs for 85 yards on eight targets. He ran 54.5 percent of his routes from the slot against the Ravens. The hyper athletic tight end has operated like a receiver for much of the past couple months; Kyle Pitts and Travis Kelce are the only tight ends with more air yards than Dulcich since Week 6. Courtland Sutton's hamstring injury could open up more targets for Dulcich in the coming weeks. Rotoworld's Denny Carter highlighted Dulcich as a priority add in his Week 14 waiver wire column.
SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter
Dec 6, 2022, 11:11 AM ET

Greg Dulcich is 2nd in the NFL among TEs with a 12.5 ADOT, joining Mark Andrews, Darren Waller, and Kyle Pitts as the only TEs with an 11+ yard ADOT.

another great week of peripherals

8 targets 3-42

left Engram (15 targets 11-162-2) on the bench

peripheraled myself right into third place, lost the bye game showdown yesterday

(TBF my opp had 4 guys top 32.50 points, my lost 40.20 from EE wasn’t the difference)

despite Engram monster game, will probably bench him Week 15 (DAL is 28th in FF Pts allowed to TEs, ARI is 1st)

if I advance I’ll start Dulcich in the Semis and then Engram in the finals

Maybe

Last edited:

8 targets 3-42

left Engram (15 targets 11-162-2)

peripheraled myself right into third place, lost the bye game showdown yesterday

(TBF my opp had 4 guys top 30, my lost 40.20 from EE wasn’t the difference)

despite Engram monster game, will probably bench him Week 15 (DAL is 28th in FF Pts allowed to TEs, ARI is 1st)

Maybe

Same situation for me! Played Dulcich in two leagues instead of Engram, in one of them it cost me a playoff spot. In all fairness though, he had not been a priority target all year. He was what, maybe 20th at best in TE scoring prior to this week?

I'll try to resist chasing points and stick with Dulcich and his AZ matchup this week. Maybe.

8 targets 3-42

Maybe

Same situation for me! Played Dulcich in two leagues instead of Engram, in one of them it cost me a playoff spot. In all fairness though, he had not been a priority target all year. He was what, maybe 20th at best in TE scoring prior to this week?

I'll try to resist chasing points and stick with Dulcich and his AZ matchup this week. Maybe.

Engram was TE16 going into the week

The fact he’ll be TE4 tomorrow morning tells you everything about what’s wrong with TEs and the 2022 FF season lol

Dulcich 100 out of 100 times next week

Maybe Flex EE if don’t have better options - I’d have to bench Hollywood Knight (DET)

8 targets 3-42

Maybe

Engram was TE16 going into the week

The fact he’ll be TE4 tomorrow morning tells you everything about what’s wrong with TEs and the 2022 FF season lol

Dulcich 100 out of 100 times next week

Maybe Flex EE if don’t have better options - I’d have to bench Hollywood Knight (DET)

This guy is driving me crazy.

For three weeks he went nuts. I picked him up after.

He then did nothing. I dropped him.

He goes off. I pick him up and start him.

Again nothing.

And I don't know how I don't start him against AZ this week although some nobody could be playing QB for Denver.

This guy is driving me crazy.

For three weeks he went nuts. I picked him up after.

He then did nothing. I dropped him.

He goes off. I pick him up and start him.

Again nothing.

And I don't know how I don't start him against AZ this week although some nobody could be playing QB for Denver.

Yeah but the good news is all but a couple guys in the league are on the same boat.

In our redraft the Kelce owner took Andrews six picks later. List 4 times but led the league in scoring by a couple hundred.

I drafted Schultz and Kmet

DS 5 g 14-129-0 (FL) 24.9 = 4.98 / week
KC 1 g 1-15-0

Tried Logan Thomas one week (2-5-0)

Cut Schultz bc I read reports he’d be hurt all year & managing pain

He’s gotten 75.10 points in 7 g since (32-350-3) - not exactly amazing but 10.73 is pretty good for this year

last 7 I have alternated Dulcich and Engram, used both one week (WRT flex)

Engram 3 g 28.00 points = 9.33
Dulcich 5 g 33.90 points = 6.78

brutal

Broncos placed Greg Dulcich (hamstring) on injured reserve.​

Dulcich finishes his rookie season with 55 targets in just 10 games -- a very impressive figure for a rookie tight end, let alone one with as much theoretical target competition as Dulcich has in Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy. He turned it into a 33/411/2 season on a rough offense. It's possible that Dulcich climbs the TE1 chart next season if the Broncos find someone who can turn Russell Wilson around. It's more likely that he'll remain a fringe TE1 in year two of his rookie deal. Albert O SZN can finally begin, in Week 17 as it always does.
Dec 30, 2022, 5:03 PM ET

He’s going to make the leap into elite TE territory this year. Payton is going to be loving his new Jimmy Graham.

Broncos coach Sean Payton said "some of it was hard" when asked to evaluate TE Greg Dulcich's performance.

"We'll see," Payton is quoted as saying. The Broncos added Chris Manhertz in free agency and watched Dulcich miss several games to hamstring issues. The Denver Post speculates it's possible the Broncos add a tight end in the draft and notes that Payton's response "said everything about the team's lukewarm feeling about its tight end room." These are not the notes you want to read if you're invested in Greg Dulcich in dynasty leagues. The Post also notes that Albert Owuegbunam could be traded or released if the team drafts a tight end.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Denver Post
Apr 13, 2023 at 1:46 PM ET

You honestly think that is what Payton really thinks about?

Bass is fishing, with a LOT of beer.

Why would Payton want a move tight end he inherits? Please explain why this would be the case. In a draft class loaded with tight ends who can block and receive?

Doesn't sound out the ordinary in reason to me.

Maybe the head coach will take inventory of the assets on his team and actually use his best players. GD was one of, if not the only, bright spot last year.

Maybe the head coach will take inventory of the assets on his team and actually use his best players.

This could also be the case. I think the arrow tilts towards BassNBrew's assessment, but we'll find out soon enough.
Is there anything there other than “trying to look smart”? He’ll look a lot smarter using the right players.
Trading jeudy or Sutton makes more sense imo.

Is there anything there other than “trying to look smart”?

When a coach comes in and starts badmouthing a player, even slightly, you have to worry a bit. Like when Urban Meyer came in and badmouthed James Robinson and D.J. Chark and immediately made Chark change his style a bit and replaced Robinson with Etienne (it never happened because of the foot, but it was happening). Once a coach starts opening his mouth, it's bad. Like Hackett and Okweugbunam. They wanted their guy at TE.

That's sometimes how it goes. Guys with egos that big just replace the player if he doesn't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread