What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Hunter Henry, NE (3 Viewers)

OJ Howard Owner here who did just that and grabbed him.

Little nervous about Howard’s week 7 bye...  Any thoughts if Henry will be ready then? 
I would think they'd be cautious in bringing him back too soon with his history. I still like the Chargers this year and think they'll get by pretty okay without HH. I wouldn't anticipate a week 7 return.

After Henry went down, I’ve been riding out the last few weeks with Greg Olsen as my tight end. He’s been surprisingly solid, however, I’m worried that he will last the rest of the season. Hopefully I can use him through week eight or nine and by then Henry is back in the mix. I picked up Hunter today with this plan in mind.

After Henry went down, I’ve been riding out the last few weeks with Greg Olsen as my tight end. He’s been surprisingly solid, however, I’m worried that he will last the rest of the season. Hopefully I can use him through week eight or nine and by then Henry is back in the mix. I picked up Hunter today with this plan in mind.
Basically doing the same thing but with Delanie Walker.

I'm also a desperate OJ owner.  I picked up Herndon after week 3, completely missed he had a week 4 bye lol.  After this week I plan on dropping OJ for Henry and just rolling with Herndon when he comes back.  Herndon/Henry combo sounds decent.  I hate rostering two TEs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Anthony Lynn wouldn't rule out Hunter Henry (knee) for the Chargers' Week 6 matchup against the Steelers.

Specifically, Lynn stated, "He was moving around pretty good last week (on the side working with trainers) ... So we'll see if we can try to work him in (to practice) this week ... But there's no guarantee he'll be back." It sounds like Henry might still be a week or two away from a return, but things are certainly trending in a positive direction. The Chargers will continue to utilize both Virgil Green and Lance Kendricks at TE while Henry remains sidelined.

SOURCE: Eric Williams on Twitter.

Oct 7, 2019, 5:00 PM ET

Hunter Henry (knee) will be a limited participant at practice Wednesday.

It's finally a piece of good injury news for the Chargers following the loss of C Mike Pouncey (neck surgery) for the year. Even Henry's limited participation means he's on track to suit up in the next couple of weeks. Sunday night may be out the question, but it's now plausible to stash Henry at the end of your bench with the idea he'll start in Week 7 against the Titans.

SOURCE: Daniel Popper on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 3:32 PM ET

Practiced in full 
Rotoworld:

Hunter Henry (knee) is questionable for the Chargers' Week 6 matchup against the Steelers.

Henry appears to have a real shot at suiting up after practicing in full Friday. Virgil Green and Lance Kendricks have continued to split reps and targets with Henry sidelined. Each is irrelevant in fantasy with a combined 10 targets this season. Coach Anthony Lynn confirmed Henry would be limited in his first game back if active. Still, he should definitely be scooped up off of waiver wires if somehow available.

SOURCE: Chargers on Twitter.

Oct 11, 2019, 3:32 PM ET

I used an injury move and picked up Waller when Henry went down.  Now, I have to choose who to keep.  I know, it doesn't really belong here, but with all the mouths to feed in SD, i'm leaning on keeping Waller.  Thoughts?

I used an injury move and picked up Waller when Henry went down.  Now, I have to choose who to keep.  I know, it doesn't really belong here, but with all the mouths to feed in SD, i'm leaning on keeping Waller.  Thoughts?
It is without question Waller. He's just a big WR playing TE and as a rookie, already the apple of the QB's eye. He will only improve in time. Hunter is a very talented guy but as the saying goes, the best ability is availability. He just hasn't proved that yet.

It is without question Waller. He's just a big WR playing TE and as a rookie, already the apple of the QB's eye. He will only improve in time. Hunter is a very talented guy but as the saying goes, the best ability is availability. He just hasn't proved that yet.
The ol’ 27 year old fifth year rookie.  When Henry finally becomes a rookie, he might turn out to be pretty good too.  :thumbup:

The ol’ 27 year old fifth year rookie.  When Henry finally becomes a rookie, he might turn out to be pretty good too.  :thumbup:
Yeah yer right. I tend to forget that because this is his first real opportunity it seems and it's paying off big for Oakland.

Actually, one thing to consider is end zone targets for Waller. According to PFF, he has a grand total of zero. I have Waller across formats, on most teams, but at some point, one would like to see the touchdowns to go along with the yardage and PPR points. 

Have Dissly and Henry. Looking to offload one of them. I just acquired Russell Wilson so I’ll prob keep the stack. Plus Henry will prolly demand more off name value alone. Thoughts?

Have Dissly and Henry. Looking to offload one of them. I just acquired Russell Wilson so I’ll prob keep the stack. Plus Henry will prolly demand more off name value alone. Thoughts?
I’d keep Dissly and have low expectations on getting a return for Henry.

Other than a bye week fill in or somebody desperate for a TE I just can’t see anybody giving up much for Henry given his injury history. 

I’m a Henry owner as well 🙈

Anyone have the balls to start him this week?  My only other option is Olsen and I still can’t bring myself to do so.

Only way I could see starting him is if you have Jimmy Graham, so if he's a late scratch you could still start Graham on Monday.
The Hock comes into play here, but then you might wind up with a double scratch. (I have both Henry and Hock on a team now in my main league, FWIW).

Just Win Baby said:
If you meant it as a joke and not one of your medical prognostications, you should have indicated it as such.
it's one of those funny because it's probably true things... try not to take every thing so seriously 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Hunter Henry (knee) is expected to make his return for Week 6 against the Steelers.

Even so, coach Anthony Lynn confirmed Friday that Henry would be limited in his first game action since initially suffering a tibia fracture just over one month ago. If anything, his full participation at practice to close the week and (pending) availability is all the more reason to scoop the 24-year-old off waivers wherever applicable. He should only be started in Week 6 if truly desperate at the position.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 13, 2019, 1:51 AM ET

Hunter gets a bad rap...

2013 - 2015 - I could find no injury history for his college years at Arkansas

2016 - misses only week 9 (right knee) - puts up 36/482/8 while sharing with Gates (53/548/7) - leads all NFL TE's in TD's as a rookie

2017 - misses only weeks 16 & 17 (lacerated kidney) - puts up 45/579/4 while sharing with Gates again (30/316/3)

2018 - ACL tear (right knee) in preseason

2019 - suffers left knee fracture during week 1, plays through it, catches a 17 yard pass during game-winning overtime drive - rehabs ahead of schedule and is now expected to return in week 6

Looking above, I don't consider him as injury prone as many make him out to be.  Going on 7 years, I count 1 ACL (severe), 1 fracture (different knee), 1 kidney (freak accident), and 1 missed game for a minor knee strain.  If I am missing something, let me know.

Considering starting him over OJ Howard, may drop Howard for Vance and choose between him and Henry later.

Waller is my starter so I’m only worried about this week.

At this point, I figure a limited Henry still might get more targets than OJ.

Considering starting him over OJ Howard, may drop Howard for Vance and choose between him and Henry later.

Waller is my starter so I’m only worried about this week.

At this point, I figure a limited Henry still might get more targets than OJ.
Same boat with OJ/HH in a big money league. Pats D bought me a little cushion so I’m going to roll him out with fingers crossed. 

Anyone have the balls to start him this week?  My only other option is Olsen and I still can’t bring myself to do so.
So the sudden circus at the TE position goes like this for me:

Engram(Out) Waller (Bye) picked up Vernon Davis (now out) picked up Henry (Will start but if not...) Vance McDonald is still available for the late switch if necessary.

All of this overthinking for what will probably be a 3-28 out of Henry if I'm lucky.

I am getting killed by these late game injury decisions. First Godwin killed me on my bench, now Henry. 

Sigh

Deep rosters but TEs behind Hunter were Knox (bye) Moreau (bye) Doyle (bye) and Kyle Rudolph. As soon as Hunter was expected to play he went into my lineup. 

Users who are viewing this thread