What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Hunter Henry, NE (1 Viewer)

Hunter Henry caught 2-of-3 targets for 19 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots' Week 9 win over the Panthers. 

Henry's score was a seven-yard against tight coverage in the end zone. His fifth touchdown of the season was his fifth in six weeks. That has been keeping Henry afloat in the TE2 ranks, but he continues to display zero ceiling, failing to top 40 yards in any of his past four contests. As usual, it will be touchdown or bust if you trot Henry out for Week 10 against the Browns.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Hunter Henry Player Prop Bets for NFL Week 11 - New England vs. Atlanta

Hunter Henry Prop Bet Stats and Trends

Season Stats

• Henry's 31 receptions (on 42 targets) have netted him 353 yards (35.3 ypg) and seven touchdowns.
  • Henry has been the target of 12.6% (42 total) of his team's 333 passing attempts this season.
  • Henry (10 red zone targets) has been the recipient of 20.8% of his team's 48 red zone pass attempts.
  • The Patriots have run 54.3% passing plays and 45.7% rushing plays this season. They rank sixth in the NFL in scoring.

Matchup vs. Atlanta

• In his two matchups against the Falcons, Henry's 28.5 receiving yards average is 1.0 less than his over/under for Thursday's game (29.5).
  • Henry, in two matchups, did not have a touchdown catch.
  • The Falcons are allowing 256.3 passing yards per game this year, the NFL's 14th-ranked pass defense.
  • The Falcons' defense is 29th in the league, allowing 2.1 passing touchdowns per game.
Recent Performances

• In last week's matchup with the Browns, Henry caught four passes for 37 yards and scored two touchdowns while being targeted four times.
  • Henry's stat line during his last three games shows seven grabs for 89 yards and three touchdowns. He averaged 29.7 receiving yards per game and was targeted 10 times.

Hunter Henry caught 2-of-3 targets for 25 yards in New England's Week 11 victory over Atlanta. 

He and Mac Jones appeared to have a miscommunication on Henry's lone red zone target during New England's second drive. Henry also drew a 14-yard DPI in the first quarter. Jonnu Smith returned and notched just one target for the Patriots, leaving Henry with most of the volume. Henry will again be king of the touchdown-or-bust tight end tier as easily the best red zone weapon the Patriots have in Week 12's matchup against the Titans. 

RELATED: 

Jonnu Smith

Not a great game, but he's still being targeted in the red zone consistently.  Smith coming back doesn't help.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Hunter Henry (neck, questionable) is expected to play in Week 12 against the Titans.

Henry got in limited practices every day this week. Jonnu Smith is also listed as questionable but Rapsheet didn't give an update on him. Assuming Smith plays, Henry will settle in as a middling-TE2 option as the Patriots still utilize Smith in the red zone when active. If Smith is made inactive, Henry would vault to TE1 status. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 28, 2021, 8:41 AM ET

Who has the magic 8-ball? Need to know what Hunter is going to do against Indy this week?

IDK but thanks for putting this out into the universe.

No but SRSLY Henry is such a boom/bust TD dependent guy this year, it feels like it's gonna be 15-18 or less than 8.

My other option is Conklin so not a real hard decision for the one league I have him in.

IDK but thanks for putting this out into the universe.

No but SRSLY Henry is such a boom/bust TD dependent guy this year, it feels like it's gonna be 15-18 or less than 8.

My other option is Conklin so not a real hard decision for the one league I have him in.
I have both Henry and Conklin as well and will be playing Henry only for the fact Conklin is a Monday game and I can't risk taking a zero if he goes on Covid list.

I have both Henry and Conklin as well and will be playing Henry only for the fact Conklin is a Monday game and I can't risk taking a zero if he goes on Covid list.
In another league I took Hunter in the 18th round as Hock’s backup. But early on I saw his usage wasn’t going to be like the Chargers. Dealt him and picked up…THE most TD dependent TE1, Pete Freiermuth.

Flicking brilliant.

Not many details available at the moment, but Henry left joint practice against the Panthers this morning. Could be something, could be nothing.

Hunter Henry caught 2-of-3 targets for 20 yards in the Patriots' Week 1 loss to the Dolphins.

The Patriots used a bunch of two-TE sets featuring both Henry and Jonnu Smith, and it was Smith (3-33) who had the better day on four targets. Both are nothing more than back-end TE2 options ahead of a Week 2 date with the Steelers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Hunter Henry caught 0-of-1 targets in the Patriots' Week 2 win over the Steelers.

Jonnu Smith drew three targets but also did not record a catch. Henry is looking like a TD-dependent weekly option, but he could be worth sticking with in Week 3 with the Patriots taking on the Ravens.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Hunter Henry caught 4-of-7 targets for 61 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots' Week 6 win over the Browns.

Henry picked up 31 yards on his third-quarter touchdown. Henry caught an intermediate shot from Bailey Zappe and had a 20-yard runaway to walk into the end zone untouched. Even with Jonnu Smith active for this game, Henry earned a 21 percent target share. Henry remains on the TE2 radar for his Week 7 matchup with the Bears.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Hunter Henry caught 3-of-5 targets for 63 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots' Week 12 loss to the Vikings.​

Despite a strong showing, Henry's receiving line won't be the topic of discussion coming out of Week 12. Instead, most will remember this game for a strange call from the refs in the middle of the third quarter. Henry secured a touchdown grab at the goal line, but bobbled the ball after hitting the ground. It appeared as though his hand remained under the ball at all times, meaning he would have been ruled down at the one. Instead, the zebras said the football hit the ground and the pass was ruled incomplete. The lost yardage forced New England to settle for a field goal. This was Henry's first time reaching double-digit fantasy points since Week 6. He will be a mid-range TE2 for his Week 13 matchup with the Bills.
Nov 24, 2022, 11:59 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Hunter Henry is day to day with a knee injury.​

Henry has a chance to play in Week 17 against the Dolphins, according to Rapoport. The veteran tight end exited on the first drive of Week 16 against the Bengals after colliding with Jonnu Smith while running a route. The day to day designation is an encouraging start to the week for Henry, who has seen inconsistent usage in his second season with the Patriots. If he were to suit up in Week 17, Henry is nothing more than a desperation flier for fantasy purposes.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Dec 26, 2022, 2:48 PM ET

Hunter Henry caught 5-of-6 targets for 56 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots’ Week 1 loss against the Eagles.

Henry was Mac Jones’ preferred tight end for the day. With Jones attempting so many passes, Henry was bound to get his share. Because Gesicki is his running mate it’ll be difficult to figure out when you should start him. He’s likely a matchup/streaming play on certain weeks going forward.

- Rotoworld

This guy worth an add? Seems like nobody is talking about him and he’s TE6 in full PPR leagues through a month of the season. Seems to be the main guy in the Pats passing game too?

This guy worth an add? Seems like nobody is talking about him and he’s TE6 in full PPR leagues through a month of the season. Seems to be the main guy in the Pats passing game too?
You could do worse. Jones doesn't have many options to throw to. He seems to like Henry.

You could do worse. Jones doesn't have many options to throw to. He seems to like Henry.

I drafted Freiermuth and he hasn't been sharp. Plus his injury has me looking for replacements. It is between Henry and Higbee.

Patriots signed TE Hunter Henry to a three-year contract worth up to $30 million.
Henry will remain in New England with a deal that includes a base of $27 million over three seasons. Henry enters his age-29 season after posting a career-low 1.13 yards per route run, an abysmal number that ranked 30th among tight ends in 2023. If Henry functions as the team’s primary route-running tight end the the Patriots upgrade at QB, he could be fantasy relevant in deeper formats in 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread