What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Isaiah Likely, BAL (1 Viewer)

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec believes Ravens TE Isaiah Likely "figures to playing significant snaps from the jump" in the regular season.​

Likely has gone ballistic in two preseason games, catching all 12 of his targets for 144 yards and a touchdown with Mark Andrews sitting out. Zrebiec said Likely -- a fourth-round selection in the 2022 NFL Draft -- "quickly emerged as a popular target for Lamar Jackson and as a pass-catching complement" to Andrews in a Baltimore offense that should use two tight end sets as frequently as any team in the NFL this season. Likely could be an intriguing pick in tight end premium leagues and deeper formats this season. If Andrews misses any time in 2022, Likely would profile as a starter in 12-team leagues.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Aug 23, 2022, 10:51 AM ET

The rookie also didn’t play in the second half of the contest signaling that he is going to have a massive role
I don’t usually hold two tights ends, but I took Irv Smith at the end of my draft Monday, and likely grabbing Likely (see what I did there) tomorrow as a free agent to replace an end of the bench WR flyer.

Treating him as a handcuff as others have stated and watching to see how the Ravens utilize him is worth way more than a WR3 with upside to my roster.

Watch his highlights from the Arizona game if you haven’t already. He looks electric.

I usually don't bother with project TEs on my 24-Iman 12-team dynasty but made an exception here, getting him at the 4.11 of rookie/FA. There's potential right out of the gate. I think a lot of people are staying away because, what's he possibly going to do behind Andrews? However, I think the answer (potentially) is catch a lot of balls in 2-TE sets in place of a second WR that the Ravens don't really have.

Will it be enough production to make him fantasy relevant in a WR slot? No, but as a TE he might do enough to be interesting in both dynasty and redraft right from the jump.

I usually don't bother with project TEs on my 24-Iman 12-team dynasty but made an exception here, getting him at the 4.11 of rookie/FA. There's potential right out of the gate. I think a lot of people are staying away because, what's he possibly going to do behind Andrews? However, I think the answer (potentially) is catch a lot of balls in 2-TE sets in place of a second WR that the Ravens don't really have.

Will it be enough production to make him fantasy relevant in a WR slot? No, but as a TE he might do enough to be interesting in both dynasty and redraft right from the jump.
100% agree. Juggling between him and Logan Thomas at the end of my bench for a TE than can produce this year in redraft a few games into the season.

One is coming off injury and proven to produce when healthy with a QB that likes to throw to his tight end.

One has a preseason highlight reel and is unproven and unsure what his usage will be.

100% agree. Juggling between him and Logan Thomas at the end of my bench for a TE than can produce this year in redraft a few games into the season.

One is coming off injury and proven to produce when healthy with a QB that likes to throw to his tight end.

One has a preseason highlight reel and is unproven and unsure what his usage will be.

Interestingly enough, I had a similar choice in my 14 team short bench IDP TE premium league. Have Andrew’s but after him had Tonyan, Albert O and Logan Thomas. Dropped Tonyan for Likely last night…this is dynasty btw

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I had a similar choice in my 14 team short bench IDP TE premium league. Have Andrew’s but after him had Tonyan, Albert O and Logan Thomas. Dropped Tonyan for Likely last night…this is dynasty btw
Yeah. It’s a little bit different if you own Andrews I think. Because then he could really pop off and he’s almost like a tight end handcuff.

But here we are talking about a guy that has done nothing in a regular season NFL football game in one of the hardest positions to produce in the first year.

So, I think I’m sticking with Thomas for now.

Yeah. It’s a little bit different if you own Andrews I think. Because then he could really pop off and he’s almost like a tight end handcuff.

But here we are talking about a guy that has done nothing in a regular season NFL football game in one of the hardest positions to produce in the first year.

So, I think I’m sticking with Thomas for now.
Agreed. It is a sort of handcuff situation, which isn’t my usual way but with the flashes we’ve seen I felt like he was a better long term investment than Tonyan. It would have been harder to make this move for Thomas though in the end I probably would have done it anyway. I think you are right to start with Thomas . 👍

The Isaiah Likely Scenario
...there are plenty of roles for multiple tight ends. Andrews spent more time in the slot or flexed out than lined up next to a tackle last season, and Likely has taken many slot snaps this preseason. It's possible they could share that role ...
...It sure looks like there's a cap on what a mid-round rookie tight end can accomplish, whether due to injuries or inexperience, and none of the players above were stuck behind a veteran tight end of Andrews' caliber.

Given the nature of the Ravens offense, a 45-520-6 type statline as a combination TE3/WR3 seems attainable for Likely; ...

...there are plenty of roles for multiple tight ends. Andrews spent more time in the slot or flexed out than lined up next to a tackle last season, and Likely has taken many slot snaps this preseason. It's possible they could share that role ...
...It sure looks like there's a cap on what a mid-round rookie tight end can accomplish, whether due to injuries or inexperience, and none of the players above were stuck behind a veteran tight end of Andrews' caliber.

Given the nature of the Ravens offense, a 45-520-6 type statline as a combination TE3/WR3 seems attainable for Likely; ...
I think those are doable numbers, though I don't quite understand the "TE3" designation. Those are lower-end TE1 stats, no?

That would be good enough to basically double his value from now until next season. Probably all most of us were looking for snagging him late/free anyway.

Likely has taken many slot snaps ..., a 45-520-6 type statline as a combination TE3/WR3
I think those are doable numbers, though I don't quite understand the "TE3" designation. Those are lower-end TE1 stats, no?
The Ravens use a ton of 3-TE formations where at least one is an in-line blocking TE.
You can see they envision Likely lining up in the slot, same role as Andrews so it 'appears' they view it as.
Andrews TE 1
In-line blocking TE on the field a ton as TE 2
Likely as an another receiving weapon who will also line up in the slot, so he won't see the field as much as the other two TEs.
That is how I read it.

Last edited:
Likely has taken many slot snaps ..., a 45-520-6 type statline as a combination TE3/WR3
The Ravens use a ton of 3-TE formations where at least one is an in-line blocking TE.
You can see they envision Likely lining up in the slot, same role as Andrews so it 'appears' they view it as.
Andrews TE 1
In-line blocking TE on the field a ton as TE 2
Likely as an another receiving weapon who will also line up in the slot, so he won't see the field as much as the other two TEs.
That is how I read it.
Ok, I thought they were talking about for FF purposes (I didn't read the article).

Those numbers projected could actually be a Ravens WR2 if we're talking fantasy football. Though, I think Duvernay (or Proche - if one of them is injured for a period) may have exceed the 45-catch total.

One other bit of information from the article to ponder.
There is a big gap that needs filling in terms of targets lost due to Marquise Brown's departure.

"... Marquise Brown's 91 catches and 146 targets from last season ..."

This is one of those rare preseason hype guys who’s seemingly earning the hype.

Also, I have some regrets trading Huntley - damn he’s looked good this preseason.

Also, I have some regrets trading Huntley - damn he’s looked good this preseason.
What did you get for him? I grabbed him in a very deep league last season when LJ went down. Was hoping to flip him for a late round pick but the owner wouldn't bite/was indifferent.

What did you get for him? I grabbed him in a very deep league last season when LJ went down. Was hoping to flip him for a late round pick but the owner wouldn't bite/was indifferent.
In preseason I dealt him to the LJax owner for Mariotta, hoping MM would go to a team to be the starter and I could flip him.

It’s a SF league & my team is making a strong case for 1.01 during the rebuild.

Still could happen, but Huntley’s been on fire this preseason.

In preseason I dealt him to the LJax owner for Mariotta, hoping MM would go to a team to be the starter and I could flip him.

It’s a SF league & my team is making a strong case for 1.01 during the rebuild.

Still could happen, but Huntley’s been on fire this preseason.
Seems like a nice attempt in SF. I'm sure MM could yield a 3rd or so if things broke right.

legit, two TE sleeper guy. Do you really believe in Bateman? no seriously, you really believe he's the guy at wr? I don't. wouldn't touch him. But Likely ? now he's looking like the 2nd receiving option in this offense at this time.

legit, two TE sleeper guy. Do you really believe in Bateman? no seriously, you really believe he's the guy at wr? I don't. wouldn't touch him. But Likely ? now he's looking like the 2nd receiving option in this offense at this time.
Bateman was a stud at MN and showed some great routes and hands last year.

WRs can take a huge step in year 2 in the NFL.

I’m all in on him everywhere.

I’m a big fan of former Gophers, but got to side with Tanner here. I thought Tyler Johnson was a more polished WR than Bateman, JMHO. He was also more productive than Bateman. For whatever reason Bateman got the hoopala as a WR draft darling. Meanwhile Tyler Johnson is a limited role player. We’ll see.

I’m a big fan of former Gophers, but got to side with Tanner here. I thought Tyler Johnson was a more polished WR than Bateman, JMHO. He was also more productive than Bateman. For whatever reason Bateman got the hoopala as a WR draft darling. Meanwhile Tyler Johnson is a limited role player. We’ll see.
Bateman got the hoolpa because he was a much better athlete than Johnson. Johnson had a lot of questions on whether his game would translate which is why he was a day 3 pick and not a potential 1st rounder.

Bateman was always a much better prospect than Johnson.

Anyway, I think Likely is an interesting little sleeper, but he's certainly no higher than 3rd in the Ravens passing game, no threat to Bateman at all. Let's see Likely get on the field when Mark Andrews is playing before we get too carried away.

He also missed a lot of time in camp and early season which wasn’t ideal last year and has been healthy all of this off-season.

He also missed a lot of time in camp and early season which wasn’t ideal last year and has been healthy all of this off-season.
I believe in Bateman for sure. Likely is a rookie TE that I have on all my teams and trying to get him on the last one, but I'm not looking for him this year to be anything. If he does that is a bonus, but I'm looking dynasty long term.

I just got Likely for about 27% of my FAAB budget. I’m in. We don’t have off-season waivers until this week in that league.

I havent seen projections for Andrews change much with the rise of this guy. Are we sure Likely won't chip into Andrews' production much at all? Andrews is currently my TE1 and now I'm concerned.

When I look at my projections for the Baltimore receivers, and incorporating what people are saying Likely can do, there is not much to take from other than Bateman and Andrews.

I havent seen projections for Andrews change much with the rise of this guy. Are we sure Likely won't chip into Andrews' production much at all? Andrews is currently my TE1 and now I'm concerned.

When I look at my projections for the Baltimore receivers, and incorporating what people are saying Likely can do, there is not much to take from other than Bateman and Andrews.

My biggest concern with Andrews isn't Likely, it's that the Ravens won't be playing from behind much if they are healthier and can run the ball well. The games Andrews was amazing in last year were games where Baltimore was playing from behind and throwing a ton - especially after Lamar was out for the season. When they played from ahead Andrews was decent to good, but not otherworldly.

Likely certainly seems to be a really good dynasty prospect, but could be several years to see any kind of payoff as long as Andrews (turning all of age 27 in a few days) is healthy. Not sure I want to pay that much right now for the chance that happens.

Likely certainly seems to be a really good dynasty prospect, but could be several years to see any kind of payoff as long as Andrews (turning all of age 27 in a few days) is healthy. Not sure I want to pay that much right now for the chance that happens.
I get what you're saying, but if Andrews goes down....look out.

I get what you're saying, but if Andrews goes down....look out.
Could be, as with any other handcuff, but rookie TEs don’t have a great track record. A lot is obviously involved beyond running routes.

There has been talk that he’ll line up as a WR often so not sure Andrews effects him that much. With that said he’s still a rookie TE so we can’t expect huge numbers.

I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that he is WR converted to TE. Not sure when that took place but he understands the nuances of both positions. I don't think his value is dependent on Andrews at all.

He went at 12.1 and TE14 in the Interboard Challange. Before Hunter Henry, Fant, Smith, Higbee, etc. That's the right call maybe 2 in 100 times.
I have Irv Smith behind Hock, and have toyed with the idea of swapping out for likely… I just can’t pull the trigger on a teams second tight end. If he indeed becomes third in targets on that team, it’s probably equivalent to being fourth and targets on the Vikings. :shrug:

He did look really, really good in that preseason game though.

He went at 12.1 and TE14 in the Interboard Challange. Before Hunter Henry, Fant, Smith, Higbee, etc. That's the right call maybe 2 in 100 times.
I have Irv Smith behind Hock, and have toyed with the idea of swapping out for likely… I just can’t pull the trigger on a teams second tight end. If he indeed becomes third in targets on that team, it’s probably equivalent to being fourth and targets on the Vikings. :shrug:

He did look really, really good in that preseason game though.
Irv Smith is my current starter. Lol.

But I own Cook and Jefferson this year in my two main leagues. I know you aren’t supposed to let that sway your decisions, but I don’t want Irv stealing their TDs!!!!

But I’m sitting here buying into Likely hype and reading these articles on how he could basically play WR and be the third in targets in that team…. And thinking about starting him week 1.

I’m really good at picking TEs that score somewhere between zero and 2 points so whatever I do will be wrong.

Duverney also isn't going to disappear. They invested a 3rd rounder in him and the guy rocks special teams.

Last year Marquis Brown was on our waiver wire later in the year. Once Andrews got clicking he was coin flip for the 2nd flex position.

As far as Likely goes, Isaya likely a bust.

Last year Pitts scored 10 ppg. Same as Fant, Schultz, Knox, Muth....basically undrafted guys. Basically Likely is getting Pitts type hype only with Mark Andrews in front of him.

Many will say doesn't matter, late round dart throw. I prefer educated dart throws that have better odds of happening than a solar eclipse.

He’s on everyone of my dynasty rosters (7) except one. I’m not just playing for 2022 or even 2023 with players like Likely. Anything he does the next two years would just be a bonus.
We have a BINGO. Good futures gamble if room. Bad redraft moonshot.

If Andrews goes down, everything changes.

Dunno, I'm a believer. Ravens didn't draft any WRs. Traded Hollywood. Spent a 4 on Likely. Now have 2 WRs playing TE. Likely balled out in preseason. If you have other TE's to lean on, Likely is an easy grab in the 20+ TE range IMO.

Dunno, I'm a believer. Ravens didn't draft any WRs. Traded Hollywood. Spent a 4 on Likely. Now have 2 WRs playing TE. Likely balled out in preseason. If you have other TE's to lean on, Likely is an easy grab in the 20+ TE range IMO.

I feel like I'm in a catbird spot. I am in a best-ball dynasty league, and took him as my last pick in our 5 round Rookie/FA draft. He's my TE3 behind Hock/Knox. If he can outscore them or qualify for flex spot any weeks, it's gravy. I can be super patient to see what happens, or if he's not playing at all ever I can cut him for a waiver pick up.

Users who are viewing this thread