What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Isaiah Likely, BAL (1 Viewer)

Dunno, I'm a believer. Ravens didn't draft any WRs. Traded Hollywood. Spent a 4 on Likely. Now have 2 WRs playing TE. Likely balled out in preseason. If you have other TE's to lean on, Likely is an easy grab in the 20+ TE range IMO.

Problem is he's going sooner than TE20 50% of the time.

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec believes Ravens TE Isaiah Likely is the "closest thing to an answer that [the Ravens] have" as a third receiving option.​

Likely didn't play in the third preseason game, but finished the preseason with 12 targets, 12 catches, 144 yards, and a touchdown. He also elevated from the second team to the first team in Week 2 of the preseason. It's hard to get too excited about Likely early in the season as the supposed third option on the Ravens given their run-game focus, but Baltimore didn't exactly dominate on the ground last year and Rashod Bateman doesn't have a terrific season under his belt yet. Zrebiec adds that Jackson "loves throwing to his tight ends." It's not inconceivable that Likely could challenge the bottom of the TE1 tier.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Sep 4, 2022, 2:40 PM ET

I took him at TE22 last night, have Pitts as my #1. I feel by Pitts bye week (week 14) he will be very well integrated in that offense

In redraft, he is a speculative pick up to see what his week 1 usage is. If his snap share is high, there might be something to see if you can spare the roster spot. If not, that roster spot is an easy churn. In dynasty, imo, rookie TEs are best suited for taxi squads, if your league has them, to see if there's anything for next season.

I took him at TE22 last night, have Pitts as my #1. I feel by Pitts bye week (week 14) he will be very well integrated in that offense
He shouldn’t be counted on as anyone’s TE2 in 2022.
Did you miss the part that I have Pitts? I'll start him for 1 week a year unless Pitts gets hurt...and then I'm hosed anyway ;)
No, I didn’t miss where you have Pitts. I just said Likely isn a fantasy TE2 yet, or at least probably not in most people’s mind at this time. That could change however.

Did you miss the part that I have Pitts? I'll start him for 1 week a year unless Pitts gets hurt...and then I'm hosed anyway ;)
No, I didn’t miss where you have Pitts. I just said Likely isn a TE2, or at least probably not in most people’s mind at this time. That could change howeve.

Thing is TE2 in general is such garbage. It’s basically TD or bust for most of these guys. Why not take a chance on a potential cheat code-ish slot WR listed as a TE?

Best case scenario is rookie Marques Colston 2.0. At worst you flip him for some other plug and pray option at backup TE on the WW

No, I didn’t miss where you have Pitts. I just said Likely isn a TE2, or at least probably not in most people’s mind at this time. That could change howeve.

Thing is TE2 in general is such garbage. It’s basically TD or bust for most of these guys. Why not take a chance on a potential cheat code-ish slot WR listed as a TE?

Best case scenario is rookie Marques Colston 2.0. At worst you flip him for some other plug and pray option at backup TE on the WW
Many teams have more than one very good TE in general 12 team 22 - 26 player rosters. Thus having a good TE2.

Many teams have more than one very good TE in general 12 team 22 - 26 player rosters. Thus having a good TE2.

And many others don’t, though our definitions of “very good” might vary.

So at that point why not take a shot on Likely upside?

P

i wouldn’t drop a Goedert, Hurst, or Freiermuth for him. All 3 are my TE 2 in two 12 team 24 man rosters and one 26 man rosters.

P

i wouldn’t drop a Goedert, Hurst, or Freiermuth for him.
Goedert is TE9 and Freiermuth is TE11 based on ADP, they are not TE2s in 12 team leagues.

Hurst is borderline - he’s in a better offense, but he’ll never be more than the 4th option in Cincy’s passing game. I could go either way there.

I’m thinking more of uninspiring TD or bust guys or guys with limited upside or in shaky offenses that are being drafted as TE2s. Think Hunter Henry, Njoku, Fant, Albert O, Everett, those types.

Depending on who your starter is, why not take an early speculative shot at upside, knowing that regular backup TEs are a dime a dozen on most leagues WWs?

P

Goedert is TE9 and Freiermuth is TE11 based on ADP, they are not TE2s in 12 team leagues.

Hurst is borderline - he’s in a better offense, but he’ll never be more than the 4th option in Cincy’s passing game. I could go either way there.

I’m thinking more of uninspiring TD or bust guys or guys with limited upside or in shaky offenses that are being drafted as TE2s. Think Hunter Henry, Njoku, Fant, Albert O, Everett, those types.

Depending on who your starter is, why not take an early speculative shot at upside, knowing that regular backup TEs are a dime a dozen on most leagues WWs?
I‘m more comfortable with Likely as my 3rd TE. I have 6 of him too.

Last edited:
i wouldn’t drop a Goedert, Hurst, or Freiermuth for him. All 3 are my TE 2 in two 12 team 24 man rosters and one 26 man rosters.
1. Why would you drop a Goedert/Freimuth for him? No one is putting him in this range, and the guys you mentioned are TE1's.
2. Most people don't play in 24-26 Redraft roster leagues. I'd say that percentage is like under 1%. 15 for shallow, 20 for deep is approximately the standard.... 24-26 is an extreme extreme outlier.
3. The fact that you're calling TE's 13-24 "VERY GOOD" is not something I agree with. Take a look at the ones ranked in the late teens/early 20s.

Is it likely Likely scores a TD?
I like Likely this week as a likely flex. It seems likely that Likely will put up like 3-5 receptions, and I like Likely's ability after the catch, but I am not sure how likely Likely is to find the endzone. (Like maybe 20% likely that Likely scores a TD this week.)
Feels like the type of play where if I start him he does nothing, and if I sit him he Likely goes off.

I like Likely this week as a likely flex. It seems likely that Likely will put up like 3-5 receptions, and I like Likely's ability after the catch, but I am not sure how likely Likely is to find the endzone. (Like maybe 20% likely that Likely scores a TD this week.)

Ugh. I'm thinking about cutting him now, just to avoid having to read these posts all season.

Ugh. I'm thinking about cutting him now, just to avoid having to read these posts all season.
I-Say-A Likely outcome of this would be you regretting it.

Last edited:
Spent 70% faab in dynasty to acquire him. Why do we have bias' towards players that make us perform actions like this? I flat out ignored the guy because he's a backup TE and Mark Andrews and his long extension is in front of him. Oops.

Got to admit I was following him in preseason but didn't draft him. And he is still available in my league now. I wouldk have to dump one of Hines, Gainwell, George Pickens or Nico Collins to take him. And I have Pitts as my starting TE. No backup TE though. Kinda want to see how everyone performs before making this move but of coursde if he has a great game I likely (pun intended) miss out.

Got to admit I was following him in preseason but didn't draft him. And he is still available in my league now. I wouldk have to dump one of Hines, Gainwell, George Pickens or Nico Collins to take him. And I have Pitts as my starting TE. No backup TE though. Kinda want to see how everyone performs before making this move but of coursde if he has a great game I likely (pun intended) miss out.
God no. Don't do this.
He's solid or worth a gamble in dynasty or 20+ roster spot leagues, but yours isn't that.

I drafted him, 18 round draft, he’s goi to end up being there 3rd wr , after Andrews and Bateman there’s no one. I would drop collins, just one guy’s opinion. I think he has an amazing rookie season

Isaiah Likely didn't catch any of his four targets in the Ravens' Week 1 win against the Jets.

The Ravens designed a couple early screens for Likely, who exploded for 144 yards and a touchdown in three preseason games. He was then phased out of the passing attack in favor of Mark Andrews and Rashod Bateman. Likely should continue to see a good number of snaps and routes in a Baltimore offense that runs plenty of two tight end sets. He should probably be rostered in deeper formats.

- NBCSportsEDGE

P

Because due to injury I had to start TE2 this week Everett. Difference between a W and an L. I know it's early in the season, but interesting how a 16th round pick decision already impacted the W/L record. I feel for the guys who drafted Likely and are looking at needing him next week. Do you cut him or stick with that horse next week?

P

Because due to injury I had to start TE2 this week Everett. Difference between a W and an L. I know it's early in the season, but interesting how a 16th round pick decision already impacted the W/L record. I feel for the guys who drafted Likely and are looking at needing him next week. Do you cut him or stick with that horse next week?
He got 4 targets. I would hold. It can take a while for rookies to get going. Even Justin Jefferson wasn't a think for the first three games of his rookie season. I can't imagine there is anything on the waiver wire that is much better.

P

He got 4 targets. I would hold. It can take a while for rookies to get going. Even Justin Jefferson wasn't a think for the first three games of his rookie season. I can't imagine there is anything on the waiver wire that is much better.

In the Interlard Challenge where there are 5 copies of every player between 60 teams the wire looks like this

Howard - 5 copies
Hill - 4 copies
Conklin - 4 copies
hurst - 3 copies
Higbee - 1 copy
Thomas - 2 copies
Tonyan - 2 copies

If I'm sitting on Kittle and need a replacement this week, it's going to be hard to play Likely instead of dropping him and picking up one of these guys. Now if my starter is Kelce then it's a different conversation.

P

In the Interlard Challenge where there are 5 copies of every player between 60 teams the wire looks like this

Howard - 5 copies
Hill - 4 copies
Conklin - 4 copies
hurst - 3 copies
Higbee - 1 copy
Thomas - 2 copies
Tonyan - 2 copies

If I'm sitting on Kittle and need a replacement this week, it's going to be hard to play Likely instead of dropping him and picking up one of these guys. Now if my starter is Kelce then it's a different conversation.
Higbee, Hurst and Thomas are the only ones I'd be interested in from this list. Hurst looked great but they have so many mouths to feed. Thomas and Higbee should get a decent amount of targets each game.

What does "copies" mean?

Higbee, Hurst and Thomas are the only ones I'd be interested in from this list. Hurst looked great but they have so many mouths to feed. Thomas and Higbee should get a decent amount of targets each game.

What does "copies" mean?

60 team league so there are 5 iterations / copies of each player. When you get to fringe players you might see three copies rostered and 2 copies available to be picked up as free agents.

I wasn’t able to watch the game. So I have no idea how high quality these targets were. But the targets seem inspiring to hold.

Likely and Kmet are my tight ends. So at least I didn’t make the wrong decision on who to start. 😑

I’ve been searching and can’t seem to find video of his targets. And I don’t have The Ticket to rewatch the game.

Anyone watch the game and can chime in how he looked. I know zero catches, but wondering if they were drops, or rough passes or bad passes.

Short routes? WR routes? Endzone?

4 targets in your first nfl game at tight end is nothing to sneeze at.

Obviously a big donut is nothing to be excited about either.

Was just someone who watched the game could fill me in, as he’s my most droppable player and trying to make a waiver decision on upgrading at TE via waivers or free agency tonight.

I wasn’t able to watch the game. So I have no idea how high quality these targets were. But the targets seem inspiring to hold.

Likely and Kmet are my tight ends. So at least I didn’t make the wrong decision on who to start. 😑
Same in a bunch of my redraft best ball leagues. I thought I was smart for taking them late...didn't feel too smart after last weekend :bag:

Isaiah Likely caught 4-of-5 targets for 43 yards in the Ravens' Week 2 loss to the Dolphins.​

Despite failing to haul in any of his four targets in Week 1, Likely was once again involved in the passing attack, finishing behind only Mark Andrews and Rashod Bateman in targets. There might not be that many targets to go around, especially once J.K. Dobbins returns, but Likely has a chance to emerge as the clear No. 3 option in the passing game.
Sep 19, 2022, 12:07 AM ET

Isaiah Likely caught 4-of-5 targets for 43 yards in the Ravens' Week 2 loss to the Dolphins.​

Despite failing to haul in any of his four targets in Week 1, Likely was once again involved in the passing attack, finishing behind only Mark Andrews and Rashod Bateman in targets. There might not be that many targets to go around, especially once J.K. Dobbins returns, but Likely has a chance to emerge as the clear No. 3 option in the passing game.
Not necessarily ready to start on fantasy teams, but he is probably the best TE dynasty stash.

Not necessarily ready to start on fantasy teams, but he is probably the best TE dynasty stash.
Agreed with best dynasty TE stash. But we may need to follow up with @Football Jones to see if he takes that top spot from Rico Gathers.

Will be interested to see his WK 2 alignment data. Week 1 he matched Andrews by being in the Slot 3x as much as inline.

Snaps have been 45-25 and 49-21. You can ignore Oliver’s snaps as he is online blocking and runs few routes.

Agreed with best dynasty TE stash. But we may need to follow up with @Football Jones to see if he takes that top spot from Rico Gathers.
LOL. Long live Rico.

As far as Likely, I usually do a rookie mock for my dynasty league & I actually had him going in our 1st round in my initial mock in March, although, I eventually moved him out with updates.

Likely is slower than molasses for a 240-pounder (he's got a funky gate), but moves well if that makes sense. I was really surprised he went so late in the NFL draft, especially being the 2nd TE the Ravens drafted. Far from an ideal situation with Andrews there, though. Likely could be hindered quite a while, but he's a legit LT stash (at least right now) if you're willing to sit on him.

To add, unfortunately, Likely might be a sleeper in the worst way. Anyone hoping for him to break out in '25 after Andrews leaves is likely (pun intended) to be disappointed. Right now, there's slim to no chance they let Andrews walk in '25 at 30 years old unless he declines (unLikely).

We could be looking at 2028 or so before he gets featured at the TE position. He probably went to the worst place possible.

The best outlook is for Likely to carve out a significant role as the 2nd TE, but that's much, MUCH, easier said than done. Just have to hold & cross your fingers.

Isaiah Likely (groin) was limited in Wednesday's practice.​

The rookie pass-catcher caught first four passes of his career in the Week 2 loss to the Dolphins, going 4-43 on five looks after a catch-less Week 1 on four targets. He's fighting for scraps behind target hogs Mark Andrews and Rashod Bateman.
Sep 21, 2022, 4:51 PM ET

To add, unfortunately, Likely might be a sleeper in the worst way. Anyone hoping for him to break out in '25 after Andrews leaves is likely (pun intended) to be disappointed. Right now, there's slim to no chance they let Andrews walk in '25 at 30 years old unless he declines (unLikely).

We could be looking at 2028 or so before he gets featured at the TE position. He probably went to the worst place possible.

The best outlook is for Likely to carve out a significant role as the 2nd TE, but that's much, MUCH, easier said than done. Just have to hold & cross your fingers.
Likely might not even be with Ravens after his rookie contract ends after the 2025 season. So I wouldn’t be talking about 2028.

Users who are viewing this thread