What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (3 Viewers)

your previous posts indicated he "killed his owners".... indicating "because of Kelce" they lost.... because they didn't get enough out of just him "that week"...you make the same reference when saying you needed 9 out of him and only got 5.....why did those 9 HAVE to come from Kelce?....did everybody else on your team "ball out" or did somebody else poop the bed too?....I'm simply saying you could say what you said about Kelce about every first round pick....every fantasy player has down weeks, no matter what round they are taken in...you can't pick and choose weeks to blame stuff on guys.....if you give them props when they "carry" your team some weeks.....they get the benefit like every other first round pick of having some down weeks too....what first round pick hasn't had some bad weeks....heck I guess even Jonathan Taylor must have cost his owners from making the playoffs when he had his couple bad weeks back to back in weeks 2-3....

I actually was grateful he choked down the stretch. The team that had him would have beaten me that week - he scored 5.7.

And the next week, he scored 5.7 again, which meant that that high scoring team didn't make the playoffs. They lost again when all they needed was Kelce to be Kelce. Thank goodness, because that team would have annihilated me in the playoffs this week. 

Meanwhile, JT and Kupp have been the models of consistency for me. 

Again, I'm not knocking Kelce, or the Chiefs, or owners who were lucky and overcame his slump. But for Kelce owners, the slump came at the worst time for playoff positioning. 

It happens. Look at Brady owners this week!! 

I actually was grateful he choked down the stretch. The team that had him would have beaten me that week - he scored 5.7.

And the next week, he scored 5.7 again, which meant that that high scoring team didn't make the playoffs. They lost again when all they needed was Kelce to be Kelce. Thank goodness, because that team would have annihilated me in the playoffs this week. 

Meanwhile, JT and Kupp have been the models of consistency for me. 

Again, I'm not knocking Kelce, or the Chiefs, or owners who were lucky and overcame his slump. But for Kelce owners, the slump came at the worst time for playoff positioning. 

It happens. Look at Brady owners this week!! 
Passive aggressive much....?...You are not knocking him but he “choked” down the stretch and he wasn’t Kelce being Kelce and HE and only he is the reason you and others lost...whatever ....talking out both sides of your mouth.... :rolleyes:

I drafted Kelce 5x this year, 4 made the playoffs. 
Kelce and I are rollin'. I needed that big week from him to get by in the playoffs. It was frustrating for the last stretch of the season but overall he's performing as an RB1 and WR1 on PPR PPG. Getting to plug the equivalent of Nick Chubb or Keenan Allen into the TE spot every week still has represented a significant advantage over the long haul of the year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Passive aggressive much....?...You are not knocking him but he “choked” down the stretch and he wasn’t

Kelce

being

Kelce

and HE and only he is the reason you and others lost...whatever ....talking out both sides of your mouth.... :rolleyes:

Don't take it so personally. This is a fantasy football forum, we're just analyzing our fake teams. Sorry if you own Kelce and are a tad touchy, but facts are facts. Over the last 3 weeks of the regular season, he scored 11.4 points.

Total.

I don't own him anywhere this season, so I don't have a dog in the hunt, but well done to the owners who survived that brutal closing stretch. 

Truebluey said:
Don't take it so personally. This is a fantasy football forum, we're just analyzing our fake teams. Sorry if you own Kelce and are a tad touchy, but facts are facts. Over the last 3 weeks of the regular season, he scored 11.4 points.

Total.

I don't own him anywhere this season, so I don't have a dog in the hunt, but well done to the owners who survived that brutal closing stretch. 
I own zero shares in any of my leagues...you just seem to be the one that took a couple of bad games by a player personally.....saying he choked, brutal, etc....lol....

Dr. Chao said players that are on the list on Monday have about a 30% chance.  Tuesday 17%. These are percentages since the new rules went into effect late last week.  

Dr. Chao said players that are on the list on Monday have about a 30% chance.  Tuesday 17%. These are percentages since the new rules went into effect late last week.  

Doesn’t make sense, though.  Changes were announced last Wednesday.  I was under the impression that they didn’t go into effect until this week, though.  In any event, though, where’s his data (30%, 17%) coming from, since these protocols didn’t exist last Monday or Tuesday?

Doesn’t make sense, though.  Changes were announced last Wednesday.  I was under the impression that they didn’t go into effect until this week, though.  In any event, though, where’s his data (30%, 17%) coming from, since these protocols didn’t exist last Monday or Tuesday?
Maybe he’s back testing what it would have been, no clue

NFL on CBS @NFLonCBS

Most consecutive 1,000-yard-receiving seasons in NFL history, among TE

• Travis Kelce 6+
  • Greg Olsen 3
  • 8 players tied 2
@tkelce

has reinvented the TE position +still active

Travis Kelce caught 8-of-9 targets for 96 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 42-36, Divisional Round overtime win over the Bills.

Utter pandemonium. True chaos. Fans were treated to an all-timer that Kelce ended with Kelce catching an eight-yard touchdown in the extra time after Kelce's late-game catch put the Chiefs in field goal range for a 49-yard Harrison Butker kick to send it to overtime. Kelce has now gone 5-108-1 and 8-96-1 in playoff games against the Steelers and Bills ahead of next weekend's AFC Championship date with the Bengals. Kelce has now scored touchdowns in five straight games and went 5-25-1 against Cincinnati back in the Week 17 thriller.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Travis Kelce caught 10-of-11 targets for 95 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' AFC Championship Game loss to the Bengals. 

Kelce closes the book on the postseason with 23 catches for 299 yards and three touchdowns. Same as it ever was. For the regular campaign, Kelce overcame some mid-season "age model" whispers to post his sixth-straight 1,000-yard effort. He also caught 90-plus balls for the fourth time in as many years with Patrick Mahomes under center. Some of Kelce's more advanced stats were down, with his 1.84 yards per route run his fewest since 2015. That was a steep drop from last year's 2.50 number. Headed into his age-33 campaign, there is no question Kelce could be nearing the age cliff, though he will be impossible to leave out of the upper-echelon of the 2022 tight end ranks. There is no doubt he will remain a compiling monster even if his efficiency numbers take another dip. There is also no question that the Chiefs badly need a third, young weapon to step up behind Kelce and Tyreek Hill.

- NBCSportsEDGE

I think we need an entire thread to analyze the winners and losers from the Hill trade and frankly it's hard to figure out for most of the players.

But I'm posting here on Kelce because I joined a FFPC(TE premium for those that still don't know) $125 BB draft which started about an hour after the trade and Kelce went 1.1. Just for reference this is my third draft in this format and he went 10 and 9 in the previous two.

Maybe just an outlier, but also saw Field Yates tweet exaggerated projections for him but point is there seems to be early consensus he's a big winner.I'm not as sure. I generally prefer targets over mythical "creation of space" but his target load is already so high I'm just not seeing to much more use at his age to offset the loss of space Hill created.

Maybe just an outlier, but also saw Field Yates tweet exaggerated projections for him but point is there seems to be early consensus he's a big winner.I'm not as sure. 
Me neither man. There is no universe where it made the Chiefs offense better. I still can't get over they let him go. This is the Kelce thread but I can't help think something went toxic between Hill and the org/team and beyond stuff that happened or didn't happen a couple years back. I don't care about that in here it is just a speculation of mine.

But all of that aside, if they hit an absolute home run in the draft with a new WR1 (of whatever prototype or skillset or whatever), and a I mean an absolute home run, that person is *not* going to be as impactful to their offense as Hill was. I think @massraidersaid it elsewhere but he is the single greatest weapon/asset/gamechanger in the sport right now. 

This is not good for Kelce one bit. And I agree completely that his targets are already so high it isn't like there's room to grow there. Quality of targets on the other hand...? I loved the Juju addition but it was predicated on Tyreek being there. Now if they do go out and hit that home run with a rookie WR that *will* help both Juju and Kelce.

But IDK how the Chiefs think that depth chart would make them better than with Tyreek. Unreal. 

TLDR I expect the same number of targets but far fewer YAC and less TD upside of course but we know that's fluky and Mahomes is stupid good.

Jameson Williams seems the rookie most capable of filling the Tyreek sized hole left in this roster, but he ain't helping them till well into the season. Probably can't afford to wait that long. 

I'm not seeing a big bump. Teams will just triple Kelce and dare Mahomes to throw to someone else. CEH still very suspect for the running game. Hardman is a bust so far, Juju can't stay healthy, Demarcus Robinson is unsigned, rookie WR's don't always contribute as much as a Jefferson or Chase would lead you to believe.

I am not going to predict the sky is falling with Mahomes and Reid in the fold, but as someone said in another thread this probably hurts considerably for 2022 but sets KC to be better positioned long-term as Mahomes contract forces them to make some tough choices going forward. This feels like the first of many tough choices they will have to make, with Kelce getting up there in years you have to wonder how long he'll have left before KC needs to move from him too.

last season Kelce had his fewest Redzone targets in several years

I believe Andy Reid will cook up plays to get Kelce man'ed up inside the 15 this year

I could see 1300-14  ::   77.0 - 0.8 per game seems very doable in a division that will have many shootouts 

You can count me in the group that thinks any bump in redzone target share will be more than offset by the additional defensive attention.  So much of the fantasy production comes on big chunk plays, and I fear that those aren't going to be there the way we've been accustomed to.

That doesn't even get into the age factor.   I have a strong contender with Hockenson and Goedert lined up behind Kelce.   I was planning to ride Kelce for as long as I could into the dirt.   I'm starting to think that if I can find another owner that's planning on increased target share and willing to pay up for an aging stud TE1, it might be time to pick up some draft capital while he's still on top.

I had been saying I thought Kelce could maintain his elite play in Tony Gonzalez/Antonio Gates fashion, going to say 35 or 36 years old. That he would want to cement his all-time legacy, and if so why hang them up when you have Mahomes and Hill and Reid to dominate for several more years with. I had speculated he would probably love to play for as many more years as he can and get as many rings in these last couple years of his career as he can.

I imagine he will still follow that path and stay with Mahomes as long as he can. But I have to wonder if there is a deflation effect knowing that they just got unbelievably worse? I guess we won't be saying that when they go out and get another true #1 soon. It just won't change the way the NFL plays against your team the way they did when Tyreek was there.

Anyway TLDR is that I think the chances of Kelce retiring earlier than I was hoping for just went up.

I agree that Tyreek leaving is not a plus for Kelce, Mahomes or the Chiefs.

If you wanted to argue the other way could look up Mahomes/Kelce little 4 game sample size from 2019 when Tyreek was out.

Kelce, 25/352/1 which of course is 100/1408/4 which expect for TD's is pretty dang similar to Kelces's 2020 full season and he was fairly consistent in those 4 games with exactly 7 catches in 3 and over 70 yards in all so not any huge outlier game Problem here other then a 4 game sample size is assumption that Kelce at 33 has is the same guy as 30.

I still have him easily as TE1, still think he's someone worth consideration as a first round redraft pick, but I think he's down a little and sure as heck not 1.1.

Travis Kelce caught 8-of-9 targets for 121 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 1 win against the Cardinals.

A million offseason questions about Patrick Mahomes' post-Tyreek Hill pass-catching group could have begun and ended with Kelce. The eternal target hog led KC with a 23 percent target share and continued to show otherworldly chemistry with Mahomes. Kelce might have gone for 200 yards against Arizona if the game had been even remotely competitive in the second half. Concerns about his declining yards per route run may be calmed after Sunday's performance. As per usual, Kelce has a stratospheric ceiling in Week 2 against the Chargers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Travis Kelce caught 5-of-7 targets for 51 yards in the Chiefs' Week 2 win over the Chargers.​

Coming off an 8/121/1 domination in Arizona, Kelce came back down to earth as he was credibly checked by the Chargers' Derwin James. Kelce still almost scored a 21-yard touchdown in the third quarter before he was literally body slammed by James. He is going to be sore on Friday. Thankfully, the 32-year-old has 10 days to rest up for Week 3 vs. the Colts, where he will remain fantasy's top tight end play.
Sep 16, 2022, 12:03 AM ET

Travis Kelce caught 4-of-8 targets for 58 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 3 loss to the Colts.

Kelce got the scoring started for the Chiefs with a three-yard touchdown in the first quarter, and he tied JuJu Smith-Schuster for the team lead in targets. But Kelce's day could've been a lot bigger if not for a dropped touchdown on a perfect back-shoulder throw from Patrick Mahomes in the fourth quarter. The Chiefs settled for a short field goal attempt that was missed. Through three games, Kelce is up to 17/236/2 but has taken a back seat to Mark Andrews as the TE1 in fantasy. Kelce gets a Week 4 date with the stingy Bucs in Tampa Bay.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Travis Kelce caught 9-of-10 targets for 92 yards and a touchdown in Kansas City's Week 4 win over Tampa Bay.​

Falling to the ground on his biggest catch of the night, Kelce reached behind him on a ball placed almost at his feet and reached around and plucked it off the ground. Also he ran for a lot of yards after the catch. On a night when he passed Rob Gronkowski for fifth-place on the all-time tight end receiving yards list, it was vintage Kelce. He'll remain one of the two TEs who can credibly be called No. 1 overall in Week 5 against the Raiders.
Oct 3, 2022, 12:18 AM ET

Travis Kelce caught 7-of-8 targets for 25 yards and four touchdowns in the Chiefs' Week 5 win over the Raiders Monday night.​

Talk about taking advantage of one's opportunities, as Kelce's 25 yards were the fewest ever among players to catch four touchdowns in a game. Kelce's four scores were one-, four-, eight-, and one-yard hookups, accounting for all four of Patrick Mahomes' touchdown passes. Even at 33 years old, Kelce is showing no signs of slowing down. He's now scored in 4-of-5 games to start the season and has seven on the year. Fantasy's overall TE1, Kelce gets a Week 6 date with the Bills. That one should be electric.
Oct 10, 2022, 11:32 PM ET

Travis Kelce caught 8-of-10 targets for 108 yards in the Chiefs' Week 6 loss to the Bills.

He also had one green zone rushing attempt for one yard. Kelce -- who had a long reception called back on a penalty -- once again led the Chiefs in targets and receiving yards despite Buffalo's clear focus on trying to limit Patrick Mahomes' top target. He's been on a tear of late, reeling in 24 receptions for 226 yards and five touchdowns of KC's past three outings. Kelce is unstoppable and will continue to be an elite fantasy option in Week 7 against the 49ers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Travis Kelce caught 6-of-8 targets for 98 yards in the Chiefs' Week 7 win against the 49ers.

Kelce tied JuJu Smith-Schuster for the team lead in targets and had a touchdown reception called back on a ticky tack penalty against the Chiefs. On National Tight End Day, Kelce matched George Kittle blow for blow, with each stud tight end catching six balls for 98 yards (though Kittle managed a touchdown). Kelce this season has been remarkably consistent, with at least seven receptions in five of seven games as Patrick Mahomes' clearcut No. 1 pass-catching option in a pass-first Andy Reid offense. Kelce drafters now face the abject of KC's Week 8 bye.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Ended up with him during my rookie draft. Unfortunately, I didn't hear about pitta until after eifert had been drafted.
default_ranting.gif

What do know about Kelce? Predictions?
Cut him, no reason to hold a 3rd round rookie TE through an injury like this. Probably never amounts to anything anyway. Maybe package him and try to pull a deal for Justin Hunter?

Travis Kelce caught 4-of-6 targets for 56 yards in the Chiefs' Week 13 loss to the Bengals.​

Just as they did in Week 17 of 2021, the Bengals put the clamps on the centerpiece of the Chiefs' all-world passing offense. Kelce did not have a first half reception, and outside of a 19-yard reception in the third quarter, he was nearly invisible while Patrick Mahomes targeted his running backs on check downs. His humble Week 13 stat line comes after Kelce scored five touchdowns over the team's past three games. The ultimate fantasy difference maker in 2022, Kelce will match up with the Broncos in Week 14.
Dec 4, 2022, 7:35 PM ET

Travis Kelce caught 10-of-10 targets for 105 yards in Kansas City's Week 15 win over Houston.​

His longest catch was just 18 yards -- the Texans played deep zones almost all game and asked the Chiefs to slowly make their way up field, and Kansas City obliged when they weren't turning it over. Kelce got hit with a personal foul penalty after taking exception to what he perceived as a late grab by Desmond King, but otherwise just steadily and unremarkably continued distancing himself from the TE field. It's his first 100-yard game since Week 11. He'll remain the TE1 overall against Seattle in Week 16.
Dec 18, 2022, 4:39 PM ET

Travis Kelce caught 14-of-16 targets for 98 yards and two touchdowns in the Chiefs' Divisional Round win against the Jaguars.​

It's the most-ever tight end receptions in a postseason game. Kelce was typically unstoppable against a soft Jacksonville coverage unit that has been vulnerable against tight ends throughout the season. Kelce time and again found soft spots in the defense and broke tackles after the catch. Chad Henne, in relief of Patrick Mahomes in the second quarter, hit Kelce three times in one drive, including one for a touchdown. The centerpiece of the Kansas City passing attack, Kelce has to be the focal point of whichever defense takes on the Chiefs in the AFC title game.
Jan 21, 2023, 7:38 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Travis Kelce (back) is expected to play in Sunday's AFC Championship against the Bengals.​

This was never really in doubt, as Kelce entered the weekend with a questionable tag after tweaking his back on Friday. Barring any setbacks during pregame warmups, we'd expect Kelce to be active and in line for his normal workload with the Chiefs one game away from their third Super Bowl appearance in the last four seasons.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jan 29, 2023, 10:16 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread