What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (1 Viewer)

What has happened?
Too old?
Taylor Swift?
Is he doubled all over??

He is useless right now.
Ineffective.
He's almost 35. It's amazing he's been around so long and accomplished so much. I remember him coming into the league with character concerns, and not only did he put those to rest, he's turned himself into a great football player and maybe a better man. Good for him, but 35 is ancient for a guy that's been through what he's been through in this league. He does so much for this team, but father time is undefeated. I own no shares and I suppose I'm not ready to write him off completely this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is the end. You can tell he's lost a step.

Amazing player that peaked. Will probably still have decent games but the receivers and defense are taking over

Yeah, he's playing for the three peat it would appear. Which is fine, I understand completely. Let him block and get him a few RZ looks.

He almost scored a Touchdown. TE is one position where duds don't really kill you. I still like having him on my team. I don't think he's washed, I think it's just good for everybody for him not to tear his ACL in September, right?

Amazing player that peaked. Will probably still have decent games but the receivers and defense are taking over

Yeah, he's playing for the three peat it would appear. Which is fine, I understand completely. Let him block and get him a few RZ looks.

He almost scored a Touchdown. TE is one position where duds don't really kill you. I still like having him on my team. I don't think he's washed, I think it's just good for everybody for him not to tear his ACL in September, right?
Also - definitely consider him to be a strong threat when games are on the line or if a WR injury hits and the team needs him to amp it up.

He passed for 151 yards today.
And threw two interceptions. He would've had three if, coincidentally, a Bengals linebacker hadn't fouled Kelce. Just a terrible showing.
Travis is toast … ever since he started dating a 35 year old cat lady 🥴
Go woke go....oh, wait. He just got a 9 figure podcast deal and might be marrying a billionaire. :oops:
Kelce knows he'll be swimming in money after he retires. He doesn't have to prove anything to anybody and can enjoy the ride.

And threw two interceptions. He would've had three if, coincidentally, a Bengals linebacker hadn't fouled Kelce. Just a terrible showing.
Go woke go....oh, wait. He just got a 9 figure podcast deal and might be marrying a billionaire. :oops:
Kelce knows he'll be swimming in money after he retires. He doesn't have to prove anything to anybody and can enjoy the ride.
That won't help any fantasy teams in the here and now however.

Agreed. I honestly think he might have retired after last season had the Chiefs not won the Super Bowl, but he didn't want to pass up at a chance at a 3-peat. I fully expect, win or lose this year for the Chiefs, this to be his last season.

Anyone care to toss out an amended final season projection? My guess is he gets ONE BILLION targets now that Pacheco is out for a while.

I don't see it. Could be he'll need to pass block more than ever with 2nd tier RBs in the game.

Kelce's a fun guy for the league to have around, but he's close to being completely cooked. Even in 2023 it felt like they didn't lean into him until 4th QTR as needed. He is no longer the type of receiving threat that an offense can go through at 35yrs old.

Anyone care to toss out an amended final season projection? My guess is he gets ONE BILLION targets now that Pacheco is out for a while.

I don't see it. Could be he'll need to pass block more than ever with 2nd tier RBs in the game.

Kelce's a fun guy for the league to have around, but he's close to being completely cooked. Even in 2023 it felt like they didn't lean into him until 4th QTR as needed. He is no longer the type of receiving threat that an offense can go through at 35yrs old.
Oh yeah. I think he is pretty close to cooked too. At the same time, I also believe, even if that is close to the truth, Mahomes is still going to look his way *a lot* unless he is in a wheelchair.

The other #1 TE isn't doing much better (SL), is he over the hill? Maybe Kelce is but Laporta, Kincaid, Andrews have also been pretty bad. I did see Kelce had a 40 yard play called back for holding.

Buy low, imo.

Mahomes is going to be throwing the ball a lot... unless the little political spat between the Mahomes and the Swifts spills into the huddle, which I doubt - I think Kelce is going to see a nice uptick in targets.

I think if they're winning without targeting the hell out of him, they will continue to do so until the stretch run. We were warned. Feel stupid even with only one share.

The other #1 TE isn't doing much better (SL), is he over the hill? Maybe Kelce is but Laporta, Kincaid, Andrews have also been pretty bad. I did see Kelce had a 40 yard play called back for holding.
Yep, that was on a schoolyard play where Mahomes had to scramble around and make something out of nothing. Kelce's only big play in week 1 was on a similar-type play, making me think he has slowed down enough to where Reid cannot scheme him open on a regular basis anymore, but when a play breaks down, he is the guy Mahomes will always look for first and he can still find a way to make a play. You just can't depend on those often.

Yep, that was on a schoolyard play where Mahomes had to scramble around and make something out of nothing. Kelce's only big play in week 1 was on a similar-type play, making me think he has slowed down enough to where Reid cannot scheme him open on a regular basis anymore, but when a play breaks down, he is the guy Mahomes will always look for first and he can still find a way to make a play. You just can't depend on those often.
He was never a guy that schemed open on speed though. He always just has a knack for finding those little soft spots/pockets in the intermediate defense.

He was never a guy that schemed open on speed though. He always just has a knack for finding those little soft spots/pockets in the intermediate defense.

Right. If he's not getting the ball it's because Mahomes isn't throwing it to him.

Jared Koller
Today marks the first game since September 2018 where Travis Kelce does not record at least 3 catches. It snaps a streak of 114 straight games, the longest streak by any player in NFL history. It dates back to Patrick Mahomes' second career start. @KCTV5 #ChiefsKingdom

Users who are viewing this thread