What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tell Us Something That Brought You Joy & Made You Smile Today (1 Viewer)

Received an email telling me that my holy grail of skateboards has been delivered. I have been trying to get this same board I had at 15 and finally was able to nab one.

Holy grail

Nice! What kind of trucks/wheels you throwing on there?

Wish I still had my Vision Gator.

I have a Vision Gator too, bottom left. Not to bum out your thread but did you know he is in jail for murder?

Yeah....I remembered that after I posted. Think I saw a documentary about him and that was part of.

The good news is that was the only foolish decision I ever made as a younger fella.

My daughter’s friend told me that my kid made them feel totally safe at some extra dumb :lmao: rap concert they went to last week. Apparently my kid listened to me :eek: and took charge and had them do everything I recommended that they do from a safety/fun standpoint. Sending ones 17 year old to the hood for a rap concert gave me pause…but she’s a badass and apparently listens to me. :wub:

Received an email telling me that my holy grail of skateboards has been delivered. I have been trying to get this same board I had at 15 and finally was able to nab one.

Holy grail

Nice! What kind of trucks/wheels you throwing on there?

Wish I still had my Vision Gator.

I have a Vision Gator too, bottom left. Not to bum out your thread but did you know he is in jail for murder?
Loved for the board pic, not the murder.

A few things recently.

Took my oldest to see Greta Van Fleet Wednesday but it was rescheduled to last night. So I took him to a local bar (he turned 21 in January) where you can sample various beers and ciders on tap, pay by the oz. He enjoyed a few then we walked and talked around one of our (wife and I) favorite spots.

Last night’s concert was fantastic. The outdoor amphitheater is great, Greta rocked it. We enjoyed walking around the venue, highly recommend.

Son #2 finished his freshman year with a 4.0.

Picked son #3 up after his AP US history test, he’s a sophomore, worked his tail off studying.

Son #4 is getting over his strep throat.

Last weekend my wife and daughter went to the iheart country music festival where they met the bands including Old Dominion, Brothers Osborne, Keith urban, etc. then our girl introduced Brothers Osborne to the audience, as a fundraiser for St Jude. She did awesome, the girl has no fear of crowds.

Walked out of my house to grab pickup a pizza for dinner and heard a little girl a couple of doors down get out of the car and yell “THAT WAS THR BEST PARTY EVER!!!!”. Such a little thing, but the pure joy of that kid put a grin on my face.

Perfect encapsulation of why this here. All the thumbs up.

after growing up in an apartment, me and mrs. basically had a dog continuously since 2001. 2 beagles that went back to back. 1st one made it to 2015, next guy went to 11/22. as we shut down our life in the states i have some how gathered close to 1,000 dog toys and still had bowls and the like around. donated many items for free this week via nextdoor to those in need. so many people are in need and foster and are thankful for the small things. while i badly miss my boys, i’m glad others can use their bounty. many of these strangers actually said sorry for your loss, not even knowing my situation.

Hasn’t happened yet. Been working like crazy dealing with awful ****.

But at 6:30 pm tonight, even if it requires me to break speed limits getting home in time, a little 8 year old boy is going to lose his mind when Edwards scores his first basket and all will be good in the world again.
Okay, after that first Edwards three, I get to honestly respond to this thread.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but so far today, nothing. I'm hoping that changes. I mean, it's Friday... but lots of work yet to do before I can exhale.

I mean, I'm alive so that brings me joy but not much to smile at quite yet.
Well it took me most of the day, but it happened.... my son's flag football team won the championship and my son played great, getting one (well, he says two) flag pulls. The one I did definitely see was really great. His third season playing and they finally got the championship. His first season playing they were oh-so-close. Great to see him happy and chest-bumping his buddies on the sidelines after he made the big flag pull for a loss.

Being awakened by my forever-a-puppy 5 year old buff female cocker spaniel, who wanted fed. What a sweetie.

If we've learned anything in here at all today it is this: Dogs = joy.*

*except when they get into the trash can and fling coffee grounds all over the house. :hot:
Not just dogs.

While walking in my neighborhood today, a nice calico cat trotted down its driveway, meowing to get my attention. It circled around me, rubbing against my legs before plopping and rolling on the sidewalk. I scratched its neck, and was rewarded with a soothing purr.

They’re certainly not Man’s Best Friend, but cats are equally capable of spreading joy.

Being awakened by my forever-a-puppy 5 year old buff female cocker spaniel, who wanted fed. What a sweetie.

*except when they get into the trash can and fling coffee grounds all over the house. :hot:
Not just dogs.

While walking in my neighborhood today, a nice calico cat trotted down its driveway, meowing to get my attention. It circled around me, rubbing against my legs before plopping and rolling on the sidewalk. I scratched its neck, and was rewarded with a soothing purr.

They’re certainly not Man’s Best Friend, but cats are equally capable of spreading joy.
...and once you got home, you realized it had stolen your wallet.

Not just dogs.

...and once you got home, you realized it had stolen your wallet.

:lmao:

I mentioned legos and a garden I did with my 6 year old yesterday but I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my 6 month old whose face lights up like the capital D emoji 😃 every time I walk into the room.

There is a 45 and a half year age difference between us yet whenever I see him I think I’ve known him forever. He brings us so much joy.

It's always been a dream of mine to see the aurora, and last night I got to see it barely having to drive 30 minutes for a good view. And best of all, I got to enjoy it with my 9 year old son who was stoked to wake up at 2am and go aurora hunting.

5 weeks ago I hadn't seen an aurora nor a total eclipse. Now have gotten to enjoy both, with my kids. Life is good, man, kind of makes all that other day to day stress seem trivial during moments like these.

Lots of great things today...coached my twins to a 5-3 loss against the best team in their age group. Nobody has scored more than 1 on them all season and their biggest player who looked like he could buy beer told me in the post-game handshake - "you guys were the best team we've ever played". Nice.

Then I got to watch my daughter's team play. She scored twice in the 1st half and sat out most of the 2nd with a bum ankle. They won 4-2. In the fall, this same team won one game. Same collection of players, same opposing teams, they lost just once. Fantastic turnaround. Coaches had a nice medal ceremony afterwards and my gal was last - her coach was really cool and gave her the team Offensive MVP for leading the team in goals. Super proud.

I'm taking the 3 of them to the Portland Thorns' game tonight. Wife has a 50th Bday party and I really enjoy being the Point Guard Parent for fun outings like this. We will have fun.

But the BEST part of my day, the thing that just made me smile the most happened a little while ago. My dad is almost 80 and needs a lot of assistance. I went over there to mow his yard, grass was super long but all good. I was out mowing the back and looked up towards the house - there he was on his back patio just watching me mow like he did when I was 15 and mowing neighbors' yards. He gave me a thumbs up as I completed. Silly, I know, but it just made me chuckle....here I am, 51 years old, have mowed hundreds of yards since I was a kid and yet I really enjoyed the old man giving me his approval. :lmao:

A baby smiled at me today. I'm serious, I am just walking to a store at the mall and a baby in a stroller took the time to look up at me and flash me a smile. Odd how a small thing like that can improve your day.
Doesn't fit the thread theme, but this reminded me of a recent... different experience. Shopping in Target with the wife, and we were passing by a toddler riding in his mom's cart, with mom off to the side checking out some clothes. I smiled at the kid, expecting him to either smile back or nervously ignore me. Instead, he shouts out, "MOM!?! Why is that man smiling at me?!?"
:bag: One of those times it's not exactly great to be a guy.

Users who are viewing this thread