What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tennis: French Open wide open (1 Viewer)

Alcaraz sure looks at his coach a lot. Reminds of a kid always looking into the stands looking for his fathers approval all the time.

Makes me wonder how confident he really is at his core. Like, If Djokovic can win this set I think he wins the whole thing because doubt starts creeping to Alvarez head.

He needs to win this thing now.

that was epic.

and Djok really had his shot in that 1st game 5th set... blew it.

alcaraz- I only saw him truly passed once. got his racket on EVERYTHING... most of which he had no business touching, let alone hitting quality returns back. just some unbelievable shots on the run or jumping full stretch

that was epic.

and Djok really had his shot in that 1st game 5th set... blew it.

alcaraz- I only saw him truly passed once. got his racket on EVERYTHING... most of which he had no business touching, let alone hitting quality returns back. just some unbelievable shots on the run or jumping full stretch
and has to be SO soul-crushing for his opponents who know they have to everything perfectly.

Health allowing of course, Joker should still have 1 or 2 majors left in him. Rafa should be good for at least 2 more Frenchie's.

After that, it's all Alcaraz. Are there any other up and comers that have any name recognition yet to challenge him over the next decade?

Health allowing of course, Joker should still have 1 or 2 majors left in him. Rafa should be good for at least 2 more Frenchie's.

After that, it's all Alcaraz. Are there any other up and comers that have any name recognition yet to challenge him over the next decade?

Can't think of any. Which is kinda sad

We really were spoiled as hell the last 15 years.

I only tend to watch the majors. It's going to be really boring if it's just one great guy. Been so long since we had a really good American too

that Norwegian guy? Ruud?

Medvedev and a few other guys who are right there, but never seem to take that big step up. the one Alcaraz already took in the last year. he is just going to roll until somebody else raises their game or his own health gets in the way.

My buddy who played in Wimbledon believes Sinner is going to be a thing for a while.
He gave Alcaraz everything he could handle at last year's US Open. They are 3-3 head to head on the ATP tour so far. If Sinner stays healthy, I think he'll be a strong contender.
Sinner was a guy who's name I was trying to remember... have heard him talked about as just on the edge of being next level

Nadal is coming back for a farewell tour next year. If he won the French it would be amazing considering his surgery. At most he could get 1 more major.

did JOker make more unforced errors at key times than normal? sure seemed like it.
Ultimately the points were nearly dead even, so I didn't think Joker played badly or committed a disproportionate amount of unforced errors than usual. I think it really boiled down to Alcaraz just playing really well and, if anything, Joker hitting some unforced errors in big points which we aren't use to seeing because he usually doesn't have to play many big points where his opponent looks like the better player at the time.

did JOker make more unforced errors at key times than normal? sure seemed like it.
Ultimately the points were nearly dead even, so I didn't think Joker played badly or committed a disproportionate amount of unforced errors than usual. I think it really boiled down to Alcaraz just playing really well and, if anything, Joker hitting some unforced errors in big points which we aren't use to seeing because he usually doesn't have to play many big points where his opponent looks like the better player at the time.
yeah- I made the point of saying "at key times". they both hit unforced errors, but Alcaraz seemed like his were more when he was going for things. Joker was more just random easy shots at the absolute wrong times. lots of backhands into the net. and that overhead to get the break in the 5th set- after owning the point and putting Alcaraz in all kinds of problems.

yeah- I made the point of saying "at key times". they both hit unforced errors, but Alcaraz seemed like his were more when he was going for things. Joker was more just random easy shots at the absolute wrong times. lots of backhands into the net. and that overhead to get the break in the 5th set- after owning the point and putting Alcaraz in all kinds of problems.
Yeah that break point unforced error in the 5th was probably the match (I think Joker even alluded to it in his post-match comments as being the turning point and the shot he wanted back).

Users who are viewing this thread