What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (1 Viewer)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
I'm guessing there won't be too many threesome jokes next Bachelorette season as all the bros hang by the pool in their hoodies and scarves.
Was it Ally's season where they caught the two dudes jerking each other off? That was pretty crazy.

I thought Britt looked way less hot than usual. She either put on weight or did something different.

I don't know if any of the 30 girls would've been into Chris had they met him in a bar. Guy can't put together 2 sentences.

The dueling bachelorette thing works if its for the full season. If its just the bros picking on n1, I'll be disappointed.

:lmao: Otis really displaying his Bachelor Nation chops in here

Wonder if the B'ette will be BOTH Kaitlyn and Britt, and the dudes choose.
HOLY ####!!!!!!!!!
Can I at least get a frigging like for my prediction skillz????? :rant:
Since Reality Steve posted it HOURS before you did. No.
:angry: I *am* Reality Steve. Or I've never read his site, one of the two. Anyway, just seemed a logical guess after WTA.

Watching Britt and Kaitlyn last night on Kimmel it was obvious to me that Britt is much better looking and has a better personality. I'll watch either way but if the guys get to vote hopefully they will make the right decision.

Watching Britt and Kaitlyn last night on Kimmel it was obvious to me that Britt is much better looking and has a better personality. I'll watch either way but if the guys get to vote hopefully they will make the right decision.
Kaitlyn looked really excited about having to share the show with Britt. Going to love watching Britt push her hair out of her face 100 times a show.

So, how is this two Bachelorette thing going to work? (not how we'd like it to work, but how it's actually going to work)

- Night one do the the guys choose which one of the two they want to pursue?

- What if 20 guys choose Britt and 10 guys choose Kaitlyn?

- Do all the guys still live together in the same house even though they will be dating different women? Or do they have a Britt house and a Kaitlyn house?

Now what would we like it to be? Random ideas...

- Women get to know all the guys for a week or so

- After that week the girls have a playground style draft behind closed doors (so we don't know who their top picks are)

- Guys all live in the same house together so they hear all stories of all dates, but know they can only pursue the one they are chosen to.

- After an elimination, the girl can choose to replace one of the other girl's outcasts onto her side if she chooses (but then would have to get rid of someone else from her present side to make room)

was it just me.....or did it seem like when Chris was talking to Becca he still had that "man I would still love to destroy you in many naughty ways" look in his eye....?

but along those lines......I think Chris is a very happy man right now as I think Whitney is down for just about everything as often as possible.......

those that find nothing attractive about her are out of their minds......I agree her voice is annoying but she would still be a head turner in most situations....and I get the feeling pretty much nothing is off limits with her behind closed barn doors....thats hot in it's own right.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Whitney was so phony that it made the last episode hard to watch. At least that's how she came across to me.
They're both in complete denial. Chris would've preferred Becca, but he's stuck with #2 and trying to convince himself he can be happy anyway. Whitney understandably should have numerous questions and doubts at this point but her attitude is to defiantly forge ahead, make it work, and even has gone so far as to not watch the show (which would ignite those questions and doubts big time). I just wish I could watch the inevitable meltdown when it finally happens because her fake bubbly veneer giving way to hysteria would be pretty hilarious to watch.Other than Juan Pablo's season, I can't recall it ever being so obvious the couple is doomed.

Finally watched the finale, still haven't seen After the Final Rose.

Weird finale. Hard to tell how much of it was manufactured drama, but it did seem like Mumbledore was truly conflicted. I'm very confident he has no acting skills, but on the other hand, his near-total lack of affect might have made the viewers see him as sincere when he was really just following a script to the letter.

Becca was pretty and very, very nice but seemed to me to have no discernible personality that would keep most guys interested. Of course, that also described Chris. :shrug: I just didn't get what Becca thought she was getting into when she went on the show. And to the people criticizing Whitney's looks, come ON. She's tall - looked about 5-7 or 5-8 - very good bone structure, nice skin, looks good as a blonde, I thought she was pretty (one of those girls whom you can legitimately say is "striking"), and she had one of those stealth figures that she didn't really flaunt but was pretty darn good. (We were at one point debating whether her breasts were real.) She's the catch, not Chris. But even though I didn't like him I thought the proposal and ending were sweet.

For reference, just on looks, I thought Jade = Britt > Ashley S = Whitney > (slightly) Kaitlyn. Brunettes (dyed blondes not included) usually have to have something extra going for them (like Britt, Jade, and Kaitlyn, for the latter primarily her personality) for me to think they're more attractive than comparable blondes, so while obviously very attractive, neither Samantha nor Nikki (or I guess Ashley I.) interested me much at all.

I'll wait until the Final Rose viewing to see what I think of this twist, but offdee, I think it's going to be more than just an instapick tossing one girl out after the first night. Which is good for those of us who find both Britt and Kaitlyn likeable and attractive.

And to the people criticizing Whitney's looks, come ON. She's tall - looked about 5-7 or 5-8 - very good bone structure, nice skin, looks good as a blonde, I thought she was pretty (one of those girls whom you can legitimately say is "striking"), and she had one of those stealth figures that she didn't really flaunt but was pretty darn good. (We were at one point debating whether her breasts were real.) She's the catch, not Chris.
agree. Classic schtick around here is pretending super hot models and actresses are not hot.

I'll wait until the Final Rose viewing to see what I think of this twist, but offdee, I think it's going to be more than just an instapick tossing one girl out after the first night. Which is good for those of us who find both Britt and Kaitlyn likeable and attractive.
I hope so, but things that I quickly read online seem to think this will mirror how it worked when they started off with 2 Bachelors on season 6. Dumb, if so.

----

How will it work? “The 25 men on night one are going to have the ultimate say about who they think will make the best wife,” said Harrison. The show has tried something like this before: In the Season 6 premiere of The Bachelor, the female contestants chose between two rose-giving suitors, Byron and Jay.

As far as I can understand from what Harrison and Kimmel said, the show will work like Season 6 of The Bachelor where two men were brought in and the women voted for their favorite. Then the loser was sent home and Byron Velvick became that season’s leading man.

And to the people criticizing Whitney's looks, come ON. She's tall - looked about 5-7 or 5-8 - very good bone structure, nice skin, looks good as a blonde, I thought she was pretty (one of those girls whom you can legitimately say is "striking"), and she had one of those stealth figures that she didn't really flaunt but was pretty darn good. (We were at one point debating whether her breasts were real.) She's the catch, not Chris.
agree. Classic schtick around here is pretending super hot models and actresses are not hot.
So unattractive. Maybe if she had a different personality and voice I might feel differently. But as it stands so unattractive.

So true. Whitney's a strange target too because she had no obvious flaws, unlike Kaitlyn (who is nonetheless cute). And I hear women who speak like her all the time; her voice didn't bother me at all.

I hope so, but things that I quickly read online seem to think this will mirror how it worked when they started off with 2 Bachelors on season 6. Dumb, if so.

----

How will it work? “The 25 men on night one are going to have the ultimate say about who they think will make the best wife,” said Harrison. The show has tried something like this before: In the Season 6 premiere of The Bachelor, the female contestants chose between two rose-giving suitors, Byron and Jay.

As far as I can understand from what Harrison and Kimmel said, the show will work like Season 6 of The Bachelor where two men were brought in and the women voted for their favorite. Then the loser was sent home and Byron Velvick became that season’s leading man.
Oh, I thought Kimmel implied the opposite. Well, I guess we won't have too long to wait. But they have an opportunity to make this pretty interesting (and have more than one woman around, a glaring deficiency in the B'ette premise for us few male watchers) by having them around for much of the season. I believe Andi's ratings were terrible, too, so they might really want to shake things up.

Becca could be my gf's sister....kinda weird watching the past couple of weeks. I took a picture from my tv and texted it to her and she showed it to her 4 yr old daughter, asking her who that was...."that's you mommy!"

Just for that alone was glad at the outcome....I didn't want my gf's doppleganger to end up with that tool.

Bachelorette is starting back up Monday.

I'm hoping for Britt.

I've successfully avoided any and all spoilers so far.

Change is never easy :lmao:

I hope that in time, we can all grow to accept this change to the show's format. WTF, people really give two ####s?

Users who are viewing this thread